Default form for Matoran?

Are the Metru Nui Matoran the 'default' of what Matoran look like? We've seen lots of other varieties for Matoran, but all of them have had reasons for looking different--Voya Nui's were rebuilt improperly, Karda Nui's were affected by the ambient light energy, etc. Only Metru Nui-style Matoran have been established as completely normal.

So do Matoran look like the ones in Metru Nui by default, or is there some other default?

That is true, but I don't believe that there is a default Toa armour, as they would all transform into their idea of a Toa.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Looks like it unfortunately ended up in the archives, but this was discussed sometime within the last month in another topic. My memory is horrible, but I believe we agreed that the Metru Nui Matoran design was the "default". (Because there were just so many Matoran of that style?) Don't quote me on that, though, ha ha. As for Toa, there isn't a default. Though, I suppose you could say that some of the first Toa were the "default", because, yes, while your armor design will shape itself upon transformation to whatever you perceive a Toa to look like, later generations of Toa would have had to base theirs on something. But again, there technically isn't.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

That is true, but I don't believe that there is a default Toa armour, as they would all transform into their idea of a Toa.

I think I remembered reading about the appearance of Toa being what the Matoran pictured the Toa to be.

Which is probably why the Metru were similar to Lhikan: the guy was their image of a Toa.

The default Matoran appearance would probably be Metru-esque, but maybe a few variations across the world. Although the comics made some Matoran look different to the Metru-style ones.

As for Toa, there isn't a default. Though, I suppose you could say that some of the first Toa were the "default", because, yes, while your armor design will shape itself upon transformation to whatever you perceive a Toa to look like, later generations of Toa would have had to base theirs on something. But again, there technically isn't.

Lesovikk and Tahu. Both original Toa, very different armor. Also this is why Takanuva looked like a Nuva even though he's just a regular Toa

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Looks like it unfortunately ended up in the archives, but this was discussed sometime within the last month in another topic. My memory is horrible, but I believe we agreed that the Metru Nui Matoran design was the "default". (Because there were just so many Matoran of that style?) Don't quote me on that, though, ha ha. As for Toa, there isn't a default. Though, I suppose you could say that some of the first Toa were the "default", because, yes, while your armor design will shape itself upon transformation to whatever you perceive a Toa to look like, later generations of Toa would have had to base theirs on something. But again, there technically isn't.

I believe the topic you are looking for is here, or something similar. Wasn't lost in the archives, just dead. :)

And according to BS01, Toa had a default size in the story, but not in sets due to different pieces used(or something like that). Though there are exceptions, like Takanuva absorbing light energy in Karda. Not sure if it applies to Matoran, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Since helryx was the first toa, many generations of toa must have been based of of her, as that's what they pictured, etc. I'm not really sure why the mata look the way they do. But any toa on mata nui were based of of the mata. This does bring up an interesting question. In theory, if a matoran was in complete isolation, and had never seen a toa, what would they look like if turned? Also, if the same case happened, but someone pointed out a muaka and said that it was a toa, would they turn into a muaka?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Also, if the same case happened, but someone pointed out a muaka and said that it was a toa, would they turn into a muaka?

No. Just no. Matoran aren't that stupid, and it's more complcated than that. If they never seen a Toa, then they just probably turn into a Toa, just a random Toa. It's only based on what they picture a Toa like, but not to the point of Rahi.

Also, if the same case happened, but someone pointed out a muaka and said that it was a toa, would they turn into a muaka?

No. Just no. Matoran aren't that stupid, and it's more complcated than that. If they never seen a Toa, then they just probably turn into a Toa, just a random Toa. It's only based on what they picture a Toa like, but not to the point of Rahi.

Ok, mauka maybe a bit extreme, but picture when the matoran of voya nui thought the piraka were toa. (assuming they've never seen toa before, which i'm assuming if they think skadaki are toa) if they were to turn into toa, would they look skadaki like?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

As far as body goes, perhaps. But I wouldn't see them growing huge teeth, claws and organic spines. So really the'd just look like the Inika because of how similar in design they are (setwise at least), but without organic masks or lightning powers.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I believe the topic you are looking for is here, or something similar. Wasn't lost in the archives, just dead. :)

And according to BS01, Toa had a default size in the story, but not in sets due to different pieces used(or something like that). Though there are exceptions, like Takanuva absorbing light energy in Karda. Not sure if it applies to Matoran, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Thank ya. Must have missed it. XD So, most Toa would have had the same basic design (with their own take on it, of course), were it not for the toys and the need to have something different every year. Seems logical to me. And this not counting odd cases like Takanuva getting an "upgrade" in Karda Nui (again, mostly a toy thing).

As for Toa, there isn't a default. Though, I suppose you could say that some of the first Toa were the "default", because, yes, while your armor design will shape itself upon transformation to whatever you perceive a Toa to look like, later generations of Toa would have had to base theirs on something. But again, there technically isn't.

Lesovikk and Tahu. Both original Toa, very different armor. Also this is why Takanuva looked like a Nuva even though he's just a regular Toa

Let's not forget that the Mata weren't seen for years, so it's unlikely that any Toa before the Great Cataclysm based their design on them. Lesovikk, meanwhile, has been traveling the MU for ages, so the chances of Matoran basing their Toa designs on him are greater. If Takanuva had known (or rather remembered) what the Toa Metru (and others) had looked like, I'm sure his deign would have had elements from everyone (or from Toa who's designs he liked best). Let's also not forget that the only visual representation of Lesovikk we have is that of him after he enters the Pit. We don't know (or at least I don't know) just how much the Pit waters mutated him beyond being able to breathe water. Could have been drastic, could have been minute. He could have originally looked like the Mata for all we know, or vice versa. He's also had years to collect pieces of armor to fix himself up with, thus altering his appearance.And the whole idea of Matoran making themselves look somewhat like Muaka or Skakdi amuses me.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

How does this explain the Toa Inika? Jaller, Matoro, and the rest would have thought of Toa as the Mata/Nuva, and the Inika looked nothing like them.

Jovan had a very similar design to the Inika, so that design might have already existed, and present in many Matoran's "Toa Genes", but the Mata Nui matoran would never have seen/would not have remembered Jovan, so his "Toa Genes" would not have been there.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

How does this explain the Toa Inika? Jaller, Matoro, and the rest would have thought of Toa as the Mata/Nuva, and the Inika looked nothing like them. Jovan had a very similar design to the Inika, so that design might have already existed, and present in many Matoran's "Toa Genes", but the Mata Nui matoran would never have seen/would not have remembered Jovan, so his "Toa Genes" would not have been there.

According to BS01, they would of looked like the Nuva, but their unique transformation turned them into much different Toa.

How does this explain the Toa Inika? Jaller, Matoro, and the rest would have thought of Toa as the Mata/Nuva, and the Inika looked nothing like them. Jovan had a very similar design to the Inika, so that design might have already existed, and present in many Matoran's "Toa Genes", but the Mata Nui matoran would never have seen/would not have remembered Jovan, so his "Toa Genes" would not have been there.

According to BS01, they would of looked like the Nuva, but their unique transformation turned them into much different Toa.

^So basically the Red Star was like "lol, got something different in mind for you". And I honestly think Jovan only looks the way he does in set form because of Lego wanting to use the latest pieces. *shrug*

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

^So basically the Red Star was like "lol, got something different in mind for you". And I honestly think Jovan only looks the way he does in set form because of Lego wanting to use the latest pieces. *shrug*

lol, sounds like the Kestora have an interesting sense of humor! Anywho...

The Toa design is probably passed down from Toa to Toa. Helryx was created on Artakah. Lesovikk and his team used her basic design when they became Toa, their design was used as a baseplate for the next Toa/Toa team, and on and on. The basic design being maintained, but with some changes each generation. Until we get to the Toa Metru, the individual Toa Hagah, and the rouge Toa in the serials. The evolution of Toa. :D

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

It wasn't the Kestora that did it. They only manage the inside of it, and the dead inhabitants. The Red Star is powerful enough to do it on its own, and that was part of its programming. About ToaN's theory, it makes quote a lot of sense. Though we don't know how Helryx looks like, it still makes sense to me.

Edited by Takua Dragonstar7

I guess toa mata look different because of the degradation during floating around in the canisters. We know that they lost most of organic tissue and their mechanical parts fell apart.

What if they had an outer armor layer before, and it just rusted or wore off. Just look at their arms and legs (and under the neck too) - if I were designing a robot or a bio-mechanical being I certainly would put all the pistons, actuators, hinges and gears inside some outer armor.

I guess toa mata look different because of the degradation during floating around in the canisters. We know that they lost most of organic tissue and their mechanical parts fell apart.

What if they had an outer armor layer before, and it just rusted or wore off. Just look at their arms and legs (and under the neck too) - if I were designing a robot or a bio-mechanical being I certainly would put all the pistons, actuators, hinges and gears inside some outer armor.

Just like with the Toa Metru. Interesting point.

Although I'm pretty sure the Mata were modelled to resemble Mata Nui's true form. Have you ever compared the body designs? Very similar.

Although I'm pretty sure the Mata were modelled to resemble Mata Nui's true form. Have you ever compared the body designs? Very similar.

Yes, they're really similar, especially the head and the actuator/piston things on the sides of the lower body. But the Great Spirit robot had those huge plates of outer armor. It fits my theory well, doesn't it? :DD