Hero Factory RPG

Voltex

-==IC: Ray==-"'Passable'? Well, I guess there's a first for everything." Ray said, raising an eyebrow, as he looked over at Ethan, intrigued at the comment."I think I can handle him, though; what's the mission?" Ray asked, trying to ignore the impending argument between Ryan and Ethan.

IC: Alexander Gray

Gray glared at Justin.

IC: Meredith Gray

Meredith said, "Well, I did pick up a lot of skills from my brother. Well, really I'm his clone, but that is besides the point. What could have gone wrong on Tranquis IV? Wasn't all life wiped out?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Hackr3ss (Hideout)

"Ah, good. I'll send MotorMouth and his squad, they're efficient enough to get the job done."

But not so important that losing them could hurt her beyond belief.

"No need to worry about his name, though. It comes from the fact that he prefers to eat motors: don't ask me why, that's one thing even I haven't been able to drag out of him.

As for Tinker, he should be on a tanker station. He's testing out a new form of flamethrower that he claims and actually shoot plasma instead of just flame, but who knows with that bot..

Now, one last thing. These services aren't going to come cheap, you realize. I'm willing to refund some of the cost if your plan succeeds, so think of this as more of a rent/loan sort of deal, eh?"

She smirks lightly as she pauses, quickly calculating the numbers in her head.

"How does a flat 450,000 credits sound, with up to 350,000 being returned if this plan is successful, or 400,000 returned if it fails, you're still around to complain about it, and it turns out to be my grunt's fault?

If it simply fails because of a problem on your part, however, I'll be keeping the money. Deal, or are we going to haggle over this?"

IC: Eliana (Walking)

"Nay, Justin. A Villain as strong and clever as Core Hunter isn't someone to be joking around about, especially with his origins. I simply look forward to getting one such as him behind electro-laser bars, so that there's one less villain to worry about in this universe."

Even if she's not going to be the most helpful Hero on this mission, simply because the rest are likely more skilled than her, Eliana still feels that keeping the others focused would be a good idea. Against these sort of Villains, who actually think beyond the next planet or two, focus is necessary in her opinion.

IC: Tinker (Tanker Station 79)

Boom.

"@%*)$@#^!!"

Zakaro

Edited by Zakar0%

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Ethan): Ethan turned to face his "team". "The mission is to find out what happened to Rocka, and why that communications line is still down. That's what Rocka was sent to figure out, and that's what...we...are going to figure out. Any more questions?"

I wonder what Ray meant by 'handling' - who was he referring to, Striker or me? Or both?

Edited by fishers64

IC:

The canyon was dark and gave an eerie feeling in A.R.R.O.N's servos. He turned on the flashlight feature of his little combo device on the side of his weapon. The bright yellow light illuminates the path in front of A.R.R.O.N, giving him a clear line of sight, but also possibly giving him away. He puts his claw over the light, but letting in some light to light the way.

"This day keeps getting better and better." A.R.R.O.N said with a quite tone.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Warren Kokiri Warren shook his head to Ethan's question. He didn't mind the lack of information, he figured everything would become clear when the team arrived. IC: Justin Boost "All right, all right, I get it, Senior here is a hardened verteran who can't take a joke, and Feathers is a noble warrior who can't take a joke either. How about we just go then? Then we can get to stoppping his plot and putting him behind bars."

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Ray==-Ray smiled to himself, as he looked over at the others."Well, you heard the guy." Ray said, as he looked back, and then took off quickly, dashing down the hallways, and jumping onto the support beams. Using his boosters to get an accurate landing for each spot, while also not overusing the boost feature to run out of energy before the mission even began, Ray quickly began an ascent to the top of the factory; using some of the beams to swing over to others; and at times using his boost feature to 'fly' over to where another beam was. As he traveled, he made sure his momentum didn't slow down, as he attempted to combine both speed and accuracy to try and get to the dropship area first, not even checking where Ethan currently was.

IC:Warren KokiriWarren side jumped the way to the drop ship, arriving after everyone else. He had no means of fast transport like the others. He was wondering how his other skills and abilities would compare to theirs.

Edited by JiMing

-==IC: Ray==-Ray blinked, as he skidded to a stop at the dropship."I knew I shouldn't have tried to show off with that one jump; I go and miss, and cost myself valuable seconds..." Ray muttered, shaking his head, as he appeared to have gotten there third.

IC: Ethan shrugged, and went back to analyzing the data from Tranquis VII. They had two problems to tackle, and too many people. So he would split the team up, one to deal with Rocka, the other to figure out why the communication line was down. He decided he would go after Rocka, and take Warren and the lady Meridith with him. Warren, because he didn't ask any questions and might actually help, and Meridith because she seemed like the calming-down type. If Rocka really was insane, they could use her.

Striker and Windblade would go together to figure out why the line was out. Striker, because his pride wouldn't let him fail, and Windblade, because he could get there fast, and hopefully keep Striker in line.

IC: Ryan Striker, Approaching the Drop Ship:

Striker grinned lazily as the others all bolted off towards the ship. Rather than take Ethan's insult towards whoever was last to heart, Striker just yawned and decided to take even more time than before to reach the drop ship.

It was thus that the other heroes had been waiting a full fifteen minutes before Striker showed up, with an energy fuel cola can in his hand as he climbed onto the ship with a smile of content upon his face - it was clear that he knew exactly what he'd done. As he stepped on board, Meredith spoke, and Striker answered.

"Why, you're all waiting for me, of course," he grinned, "just like I usually have to wait for you. Now that we all know how it feels, let's get going."

Edited by Hurricane iBrow
  • Upvote 1

IC: Warren KokiriWarren turned around to find Ryan had arrived. Apparently he didn't make it to the ship last, but Ryan did not appear to have tried to reach the ship quickly. His arrogance worried Warren, would he put the mission above his pride? If not, Ryan may be the cause of any troubles that might occur on Tranquis VII.

Edited by JiMing

Meredith grabbed the wheel and gently brought the ship into the air. "Next stop, Tranquis IV!" The ship broke the atmosphere of Makuhero City's planet, and was no in space. Meredith turned on the hyperdrive, and the dropship blasted though space.

IC: Hirion

The gang came out with the money. Slowly, all the members split up and wound their ways through the city to their chosen hideout. Hirion took his time. He wanted to be late. He arrived as the gang was dividing up all teh shares. They slid Hirion a small stack.

"What is this measly sum?"

"You didn't enter the bank. Just stayed outside."

"But I was protection!"

"We didn't need it."

"I was afraid this would happen."

The dragon possessing worm lifted up his hosts arm and shot every member of the gang with his laser minigun. All collapsed onto the ground.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: You know, maybe we should have Justin and Ray meet sometime after these missions are over, Blade.

IC: Warren Kokiri

As they were traveling to Tranquis VII, Warren took out his sword and inspected it. He had a personal nickname for it, calling it the Blade of Evil's Bane. However, as he didn't talk all that much, no one else was aware of his sword's nickname.

Edited by JiMing

IC: Ethan noticed Warren fiddling with his blade, and decided not to comment. "Meredith, when we get to Tranquis, set us down outside the city, toward the east."

"Striker, I want you to look at this map. When we get to Tranquis, you'll be leading a separate team to figure out what happened to those communications. Me and Meredith are going to go after Rocka and figure out what's going on there. Ray and Warren, you can decide what you're doing and who you're going with."

-==IC: Ray==-"I'll go with Ryan. I'm sure he can help figure out where to check first, assuming he can keep up." Ray said, chuckling, as it was a joke to how Ryan had taken his time getting to the dropship just then."I wonder if it's really disconnected, though..." Ray mused, as it seemed strange to him that there would be two potentially disconnected events happening on the same planet at the same time.

IC: Ryan Striker, Heading for Tranquis VII:

Striker almost argued about his placement, wanting to go after Rocka as well, before he remembered the last time he'd encountered the golden hero. That incident had not been fun.

IC: Mark Surge, Dropship:

As the videos began to play simultaneously, Surge left the drop ship on autopilot and the rest of his team alone to examine the videos of Stringer, Bulk and Stormer as he entered the weapons holding room and sat down on the bench, facing away from the hall as the door hissed shut behind him.

He wasn't sure he could do this - why had Zib put him in charge here? Why now? Why him? Zib knew what Core Hunter used to be, and Surge knew it too. It felt like Zib had assigned him this mission with the intent of showing Surge what would happen if he ever gave into his darker instincts. He thought he'd been worried about it before, but evidently the fear that some error in his code would turn him into a villain wasn't ready to leave Surge behind yet.

IC: Meredith Black

"Got it!" The planet of Tranquis VII appeared in the window frame of the dropship, and Meredith grabbed the microphone and said, "This is your captain...ness? speaking. We are approaching the planet of Tranquis IV. Please strap your seat belts and sit down. I expect the entry to the planet will be a bit rough."

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Canis, it's Tranquis VII, not Tranquis IV, just fyi.

IC: Ryan Striker, Heading to Tranquis VII:

"Rough my arse, I can handle it." Striker grumbled, although he did buckle up. "We're not babies back here, we can handle a rough entry if we need to."

He wondered briefly if he should begin a plan of action, but discounted that thought immediately - Ethan had been a tad snarky for his liking, and if the other hero really wanted to do the mission alone, Striker would help him with that goal as much as possible. This mission would be relaxing for him - at least in the thinking department.

Warren put away his sword. He turned to Ethan, saying "I'll go with you then." In response to Meredith's message, he put on his seatbelt. Warren didn't feel like being flung out of his seat today.

IC: Justin Boost

"What, no drinks or snacks to go with the movie? Ah well."

OOC: And that's the second time that Warren has spoken so far. =P

IC: Mark Surge, Planet Duran:

It appeared they had arrived faster than Surge would have believed - clearly, Stormer wasn't the fastest pilot around.

"Read you loud and clear, A.R.R.O.N.," Surge said over the communication line, "We'll be down in a few moments."

Shaking himself out of his reverie, Surge exited the weapons hold to where Boost, Gray and Angelic had all finished watching the videos.

"Alright, everyone buckle in." Surge ordered, pushing his emotions down for now. "We're beginning the landing."

IC: Core Hunter:

The villain, since his chat with Hackr3ss, had switched planets to Duran, where the Duradium Mine he was looking for happened to be located. He'd already sent two of Hackr3ss's thugs after a hero that had been trailing him - he didn't care what happened to the thugs or the hero, but now he could have some peace.

IC: ???, Quatros:

The villain known as C-4 shuddered as the spikes spread their energies throughout his systems, assimilating him under the figure's control. After a moment the shuddering stopped, and C-4 stood obediently waiting for his task. The figure gestured towards the large mechanized creation that even now, beasts, villains, and other assorted beings from across the galaxy were working together to build.

"You have a superior knowledge of technology." the figure said. "You are to use that and guide this army of builders in creating the most advanced technological systems the galaxy has ever seen."

C-4 nodded and turned, heading off to the building site.

OOC: Erm..

ibrow, should we just say that Core Hunter accepted Hackr3ss's offer? You never really replied to that post.. :P

IC: Eliana Angelic (Descending to Duran)

She nods in reply, fitting the straps around her frame the best she can with her wings, which have settled into a position where they lay flat on her back, possibly being mistaken for a shield to beings who didn't have any idea that she had wings.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC: Why not? We both know what he'll do if he succeeds. =P

IC: Mark Surge, Descending to Duran:

Surge took the pilot's seat and took over for manual control, just in time for the drop ship to be buffeted by turbulence - except that a second later he realized that it wasn't turbulence.

Way down below, Core Hunter watched as the sky prepared to give him a spectacle. A team of heroes, no doubt sent after him, trapped in a lone dropship with little weapons against three fighter planes piloted by some more of Hackr3ss's thugs.

Back in the dropship, Surge restrained his temper as he spoke into the intercom:

"Everybody grab a weapon!" he ordered. "The enemy knew we were coming - this is not going to be a smooth landing!"

Surge nearly fell out of his seat as another blast rocked the dropship on its side. He grimaced as the blasters on that side of the ship went offline.

IC(Ethan): "It's just captain, Meredith. No gender bias here." He grabbed his seat belt and settled in. He was glad that the team arrangements had worked out as he wanted. He didn't really care too much about things like this, but he felt that Stiker needed to be taught a lesson, Meredith would do better with a solid mission, and Ray and Warren would do better if they thought more for themselves. But that was probably his dark side talking. The ship bounced, the shuddering shock of entering atmosphere, and flames rolled off the heat shields for a few minutes. He opened the screen, projecting a map of Tranquis. "Okay, when we touch down, Striker and Windblade are going to find the fallen communications line and get it back up. I suggest you go to this station here near the fallen line, but you can do what you like as long as you fix the line, don't mess anything up, and get back here in one piece." After all, Striker will do his own thing anyway, so might as well make the sucess or failure of it on him too. "For everyone else, this is Rocka's tracking signal. He's in the part of the city with the downed line now, wandering. Our job is to figure out what is going on with him and get him back to the Hero Factory if we can't. I'll be putting this into your helmets so you all can help."The dropship touched down, and Ethan started to feel quesy. Weaker. He grabbed his fire gun out of sheer unease, then carefully stowed it on his back, trying to hide the unease. Ethan heard some scratching at the door. "Help!" somebody yelled. "Meredith" said Ethan, "open the door."

IC: Ryan Striker, Tranquis VII:

Geez, Ethan almost made it sound like the mission was relying on him. Striker shook it off - he didn't care for Rocka or the mission anyway, and if he needed to, he could log one failed mission into Hero Factory.

"Well Ray, I hope you're ready," he said, "because this one is going to be a doozy."

IC: Justin Boost

Justin grabbed and attached his arm blades. "Well, looks like something interesting's about to happen." he remarked.

Warren got out of his seat and armed himself with his sword in his left hand and his shield in his right. There may be something unpleasant beyond that door he thought to himself.

IC: Alexander Gray

The hardened Hero grabbed his sword and shield and activated both. "Awaiting orders, sir."

Meredith turned around and raised her arm to point to the door. She locked her energy net emitter on the door and with her free hand pressed the button to open the door.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

He looks out the cave and looks around and up top. He sees no one. Then he sees a ship flying by under attack. if go's out there to help, then he'll reveal his position. He then continued on his trek through the canyon. Unaware that he's being watched, but he is aware since he tripped the alarm. He looked around him and above to see if one was following him.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Eliana (Ship)

She stifles a cry that had about to escape her, and instead grabs her broadsword, still strapped into the seat. After a quick check of her flash grenades, she speaks.

"Do you think Surge meant for us to take control of some of the on-ship blasters?"

Zakaro

Edited by Zakar0%

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC (Ethan): The door opened. Nothing in view. Cautiously, Ethan stepped out of the vehicle, opening his special sense. Or he tried to, anyway. Normally he had to stop the shadows from feeding him information, but now he actually had to strain. Distracted, he was hit from the side, sending him to the left.

A citizen? "Help!" he heard. Then he finally got the sense to work, although he sensed it was weakening. Chaotic, a shadow of something fighting this place. The shadow control was incomplete, and flickered.