Legend of the Mask

Crunchyn

I got this idea while brainstorming for the BZP 2013 Brickfair T-shirt Contest. Printing it on a shirt would be too complicated and while it didn't really work as a black and white image, using color worked really well and I liked it so much that I created a Legend of the Ignika as well which might be an improvement as I figured out how to turn off the hyphenation. I wrote the legends myself based on references from the movies and what I can find on BS01 and it is written vertically (more recent ones were written sideways as suggested). WARNING:These are large images.

*new* Legend of the Olisi *new*

legendoftheolisi.png_thumb.jpg
*new* Legend of the Toa Kaita *new*
toakaita.jpg_thumb.jpg

Legend of the Visorak

legendofthevisorak.png_thumb.jpg

Legend of the Kraahkan

legendofthekraahkan.png_thumb.jpg

Legacy of the Haulegacyofthehau.png_thumb.jpg Legacy of the Hau Lhikan Variantlegacyofthehaulhikanvariant.png_thumb.jpg Legend of the Bioniclelegendofthebionicleisland.png_thumb.jpg Legend of the Bionicle Makuta Variantlegendofthebioniclemakuta.png_thumb.jpg

Legend of the Vahi

legendofthevahi1.png_thumb.jpg

LINK

Legend of the Avokhii

legendoftheavohkii.png_thumb.jpg

LINK

Legend of the Ignika

legendoftheignika.png_thumb.jpg

LINK

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva
  • Upvote 1

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

That looks awesome! My Matoran is a bit rusty, so I'll figure out the writing later, but in terms of the designs themselves, really neat. Too bad that (as you said) it might be too complex for a shirt print.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is my new background on my iPod. :D

Glad I can read it, but I just never finished the story. Really cool concept, I wouldn't mind a T-shirt with it if the design were somehow simpler. Very creative idea, although I'm trying to figure out how you did it. Did you really just have bolded Matoran lettering over the regular and erase the parts that were outside of the outline? That seems like it would take forever.

This is my new background on my iPod. :D Glad I can read it, but I just never finished the story. Really cool concept, I wouldn't mind a T-shirt with it if the design were somehow simpler. Very creative idea, although I'm trying to figure out how you did it. Did you really just have bolded Matoran lettering over the regular and erase the parts that were outside of the outline? That seems like it would take forever.

Pretty much yeah. I already had some Kanohi symbols for use for something else and I used those to mark the area I want to keep the bolded text. The Photoshop magic wand helps a lot with making sure that I don't mess up. The hardest part actually was the writing. The tool I was using to type the text down made the lines go in the opposite direction. So the new line would appear on the left instead of the right so most of my time was actually fixing that part.UPDATE:By request, I have made a Legend of the Vahi :) Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, these here are some great-looking designs! I personally would want them as posters and have them on my walls. Only people who know about BIONICLE would be able to figure out that the masks are made of text, let alone the story behind the mask! Again, truly amazing work!

2zi251g.jpg

Did a couple more Legends and variants. The Legend of the Ignika to this day still remains as my favorite of the series. Legacy of the Hau:legacyofthehau.png_thumb.jpg Lhikan Variantlegacyofthehaulhikanvariant.png_thumb.jpg Legend of the Bioniclelegendofthebionicleisland.png_thumb.jpg Makuta Variantlegendofthebioniclemakuta.png_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

You can still do the legend of (off to BOS1 for a sec :cheesy: ) like i said legend of the Olmak it played a large role in the serials and part of the piraka story. and an infected Hau.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

• 2 months later...

Good thing I can read this! I wouldn't want to hassle translating.

*reads Legend of the Kraahkan*

very nice wording! seeing how this could be easily made (in my case that is), mind if I make one for my mask? it still might not be as good as yours, but it could be called legacy of the Akakamaku featuring loganto's mask the akakamaku.

Edited by Cloudspark Crowfield

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Good thing I can read this! I wouldn't want to hassle translating.

*reads Legend of the Kraahkan*

very nice wording! seeing how this could be easily made (in my case that is), mind if I make one for my mask? it still might not be as good as yours, but it could be called legacy of the Akakamaku featuring loganto's mask the akakamaku.

Sure, not like I "own" the technique/idea or anything :P

Wow, I missed a lot. I'll need to catch up. The new ones look amazing! This style is great and really nice to look at. You should definitely do the Olmak, and maybe something like the Great Beings (if we had an image, you could use the GSR though).

• 2 months later...

This is beautiful! I love this type of art. The Hau is still the most classic and the favorite of yours :)

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell