BZPRPG 2012 Wrap-up Topic

Nuju Metru

IC: Suran

Despite the festivities and animation among the marines, Suran remained silent, a distant smile on his lips. Where some drank and sang, he sipped a cup of tea and contemplated. Yes, this would surely be a new page opened for the Marines. He nodded privately at Iraira's suggestion. Multiple branches of government sounded like a good idea. Power corrupts, so division of power divided the corruption and kept it down. He just hoped the new privileges- if they went through entirely- would not cause some heads to swell.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Iraanus' gaze settled on a pair of beings at the opposite end of the docks. One was a Toa. The other seemed to resemble a Toa in appearance, Iraanus thought, but what with the storm clouds swirling around, the Marines falling dead before them, and the wings sprouting from her back, she looked to him more like a demon from the pits of karzahni itself. Suddenly, the demon and her companion seemed to decide it was time to abandon the battle. They quickly began making their way for a small boat waiting in the thrashing sea.

"Where do they think they're going?" Iraanus growled, taking aim with his zamor launcher. Before he pulled the trigger, however, a blur of movement caught his eye - two Toa leaping from a rooftop, following after the two beings. More of the demon's allies, it seemed. Four on three? Fair enough; they could manage that.
Still, it couldn't hurt to have a slight upper hand. Iraanus signaled to Mortis and Sookus. The other Skakdi seemed to catch his meaning and circled around as Iraanus refocused on his target. A moment later a pair of brightly-colored spheres were sailing through the air - from Viloz, a vertigo zamor, aimed at Anthyn's back; from Iraanus, one filled with acid and aimed at Anyanka. Long before the projectiles could find their marks, Iraanus, Rhow, and Viloz were on the move, beginning to close the distance between the their adversaries and themselves.

IC: Savina - Ga-koro -

The zamor spheres never managed to hit their targets. Savina, being the master archer that she was, had rather sharp eyes, and had spotted them almost as soon as they'd been fired. With a quick use of her elemental powers, the lilypad that she and her friends stood upon grew outward and then upwards, forming a thick wall of plantlife.

Savina looked back to Anthyn, suspecting that they'd been leaving Ga-koro very very shortly. As much as they seemed to enjoy spilling blood, they were hopelessly outnumbered. There only real option was escape, a tactical retreat if you will.

Of course, the Rahkshi attack complicated matters, as it had progressed the attention they had been receiving was almost gone completely.

"We should probably go while we have a chance."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC - Ga-Koro:

Crimson rivers poured from a blue body, the substance rolling, streaming in thick lines as a fleetingly beating heart tried its hardest to maintain a steady rhythm. Toa Decaia uttered not a word, not a single sound at all as he limped away from the carnage that had hours before been the sprawling home of a grieving people. His left hand pressed firmly against the hole in his side, the flow of blood barely stemmed by the dark fabric of his tattered cloak. Corpses of conflicting forces littered the streets around him, broken shells of beings once full and whole mixed with the shattered remains of the Dark Lord's children, all motionless, all seeming to stare blankly at the injured man among them. Pain wracked his body with every step, every breath a ragged, strained attempt at clinging to life, every movement both inward and outward bringing him moments closer to that irreversible physical and spiritual state that inevitably devoured the living.

The bodies, the blood loss... These and other things should have dampened Decaia's spirits, clouded his mind in a dark fog that likes of which he had only dreamed of, the epitome of the despair that had consumed him for so long. They did not. He held on, forced himself to stay lucid and push forward. In a lot of ways, his mind felt clearer than it ever had before. No longer did he feel suffocated, as if even the faintest grip on life was slipping away. For the first time in a long time, he was aware of every conscious motion in his body, aware of the surge of emotion that swept over him--the pride, the honor that accompanied a return to the light, the lifting of a weight as mutual forgiveness had flowed between the once-fallen Toa and the villagers he had helped to protect.

He felt whole.

Still, as he made his way toward Ga-Suva, Decaia could only bring himself to look on with a grim calm. Broken monuments to the Toa Arete littered random parts of the village, reminders of the mistakes that had been made in the past months--both on his part and on Ga-Koro's. He passed by Nokama's hut, the memory of her murder prompting a shudder to pass through his body. The damage he had helped to sow had been subtle, but far-reaching; this fact etched itself into his mind, a horrible lesson taught in the most horrific way imaginable. No amount of change could ever erase that.

But, he mused, that was life's way. All he could do was take that lesson and keep it close to his heart, in order to avoid making the same mistakes again.

Never again... Do I get a choice...?

By the time he made it to the edge of the Suva, Decaia could barely stand, an expected condition given the trail of blood leading to where he stood. That was fine; he preferred not to desecrate the sanctity of the shrine. His vision blurred as he came to a stop two steps away from the lily pad, locking eyes with the statue of Gali at the other end. This was perhaps the one place that had gone untouched in the Rahkshi attack, leaving it to stand in solitude, silent save for the soft rush of the ocean. The stone Toa's golden eyes watching him with a calm, tired judgment, Decaia lowered his hood, drawing his cloak tightly against his body and lying down. He closed his eyes, feeling the wind blowing around him, feeling the floor ripple with the waves beneath, waiting for the final darkness to take hold.

He did not expect to hear foot steps approaching from behind. Too weak to roll over, he simply stayed still, staring out at the ocean's surface as another Toa came to a stop at his side, staring down at him.

"Well, well... Sloth is sleeping on the job," she said drily. "What a surprise."

Decaia looked up in surprise. A gray Kakama framed two orange eyes, which peered at him with a surprisingly approving expression. The woman's arms crossed her chest, pinning the end of her black sash against her body. The soft sweeping of a cape in the wind accompanied the smooth flow of the water around them. The Toa of Water blinked slowly, as if he believed his eyes deceived him.

"Raehn..." he said quietly. "I... didn't know you still lived..."

"Well, I do," she said. "I was surprised to find that you were alive, as well. I seem to remember a confrontation gone wrong in Le-Wahi..."

Decaia closed his eyes. "Indeed... You almost killed me..." He chuckled. "But, it looks like those creatures got to me first..." With a slight motion of his hand, he peeled away his blood-soaked cloak, revealing the wound in his side. Decaia grimaced. "Disintegration energy... What a bother... heh... And I thought I was... lucky... that the beam only skimmed me..."

"Hm." Raehn stepped away, looking out over the ocean. "Why are you here, Sloth?"

"Well... To live and die... Couldn't you tell?"

"No, not... I mean here." The Toa of Iron looked pointedly at Decaia, nodding at the statue of Gali. "At this shrine. Bleeding out. Instead of seeking help. After everything you've done, you chose to come back here. Why?"

"Huh... Dunno," he admitted. "Damage done to the homeland... Who best to seek forgiveness from... than the water goddess herself?" A wave of cold washed over him; he became aware of how difficult the act of speaking was becoming. "I'm not Sloth, Raehn... I'm done with that. Really... I want things to be right again..." His eyelids were becoming heavy. "I'm sorry. I really am."

He felt Raehn stoop down next to him, felt her hand on his forehead. "I know. I figured 'Toa Caidae' couldn't be entirely false." She slipped something into his hand--a glass case. "By the way, you dropped something."

Seyza's Dark Bloom. When had he dropped this--against Greed? Against the Rahkshi? Decaia didn't know--his mind was too foggy to concentrate. He closed his hand on the case. Like so many other things, the case was cracked, threatening to break under the soft touch of his fingers. That, if nothing else, saddened him. In all likelihood, the flower would soon die along with him. Then what? No Dark Bloom would blossom for him...

He closed his eyes, remembering what he had told Greed...

Dark Bloom is a rather rare plant... Many legends surround it--that it can cure illness with just a whiff of its scent, that it can bring unending luck to one who possesses it, that it bears powerful healing properties...

"Heh... You sly dog..." he muttered. The Toa of Iron smiled slightly as Decaia opened the case, removing the flower and turning it over in his fingers before pressing it against his wound. Raehn watched as the blue rose began to glow with energy, both its own and from the ounce of Toa Power that Decaia was pouring into it, slowly dissolving into the bloody spot, slowly stitching the wound back together.

It would not replace the lost blood, no... but it would do.

As the glow faded, Decaia breathed deeply, feeling the newly healed spot on his side. He smiled up at his former hunter in thanks, patting her lightly on the shoulder before exhaustion overtook him and he fell unconscious. A soft smile spread across Raehn's face. Setting the Toa of Water back down, obviously comfortable with the idea of sleeping outside of Ga-Suva, she stood up, pulling her hood over her head and turning away.

"Sleep, little brother. Sleep well..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: This'll probably be my last post of the season, unless there's a bit more time tomorrow morning to take care of unfinished business. I've been working on it for the past three days, and I'm overall quite pleased with it. Of course, I'm not expecting many to read this whole thing, but if you do, well, thanks. ...This first part didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I think it gets better near the end. It was kind of rushed, mostly written in one day. I probably could've improved it with time, but ah well.

I: In ParallelSuggested listening: "Terminal March" - Bastion SoundtrackLekua, Onu-Koro

IC: We have little time to prepare: I've barely introduced myself to the assembled warriors when the screams come again. Somehow, we all know what it means, even though none of us can see the enemy from the street. The rahkshi's master has ordered them to destroy the village of earth, and they are incredibly capable of doing so.We move out. I latch onto a team of ranged fighters, slipping a disc from my bag as I follow after them. The weapon will doubtless be useless against our foes, but at the moment it's where I'm needed. I glance down at the circle of bamboo in my hand. A symbol is carved on it, looking much like a childish representation of the sun. Five of its rays are linked together.

///

"Faith," I mutter, examining the disc as I slide it out of my bag. "We'll true-need that, won't we?" I tug Cyclone's reigns, wheeling the kahu around in perfect formation with the rest of the squadron. Ten birds - five gukkos, two kewas, and two kahu - dive for the trees. The screams from below are nearly drowned out by a blood-chilling shriek, but we can hear them well enough to know what we're up against.

///

"Rahkshi!" Panicked villagers race through the streets with no clear objective, seeking a refuge that does not exist. "The sons of the Makuta!"Yes, I think, wanting to scream it at them. Yes, we know.We're at the outskirts of the village by now. The group's leader, a burly Po-Skakdi, waves his launcher at a nearby building. Get on the roof, he tells some of us. We oblige. Two of you, over there. The other four–Four?The Vortixx next to the Po-Skakdi grabs his spear, plunging it through the leader's chest.

///

Lezdra is dead before we even can see the beast. A rock collides with the squadron leader's head, knocking him from his gukko and sending him plunging to the ground twenty bio below. How anyone - or anything - could have made such a throw without even seeing its target is beyond me, but I learned last time that normal rules don't apply to rahkshi.Nehum, our deputy leader, is shouting at us to break formation, rolling to the side as another rock sails within an inch of his head. We crash through the canopy with little dignity, but dignity isn't much of an issue to us at the moment. Shouting, squawking, and a cacophony of off-key flute signals pound in my ears as I pull up, getting my first look at the creature.

///

The Vortixx's form shimmers and fades, revealing the hideous reptilian creature which had cast the illusion. Its armor is a dark green hue with bright yellow accents. On most beings, such as visual effect would be pleasing, but on the rahkshi it conveys only sickness and decay. The three of our group our leader had been about to command reach for their weapons, eager to avenge their fallen comrade. The rahkshi, though, is faster - its staff liberates the closest's head from his shoulders before his sword is halfway from its scabbard.I draw back my arm, about to hurl my disc for the beast's neck, but it's gone. The Toa next to me cries out, pointing down the street: the rahkshi has reappeared twenty bio away.

///

We manage to regroup, pulling back into formation and launching a barrage of discs at the rahkshi. The wooden weapons do little more than annoy the beast - only one strikes a vulnerable place, and even that just draws a tiny trickle of blood. The rahkshi hisses furiously, malice glinting in its eyes, but it doesn't strike. It must not have ranged powers like the last one did. Thank the Spirit - it'll be that much more vulnerable to–The beast leaps into the air, lashing at Nehum's gukko with its staff. The weapon slips effortlessly between a gap in its armor and straight to its spine. The rahi dies instantly.

///

Zamors, arrows, and elemental blasts strike nothing but empty space as a pair of groaning screams bursts from below. I glance down. The two who had remained below have fallen, impaled by a foe they'd thought was at the end of the street. The rahkshi reveals itself for a moment and looks at us smugly, if it's possible for a suit of armor to be smug. And then, where one rahkshi had stood moments before, three step forth.I glance at the Toa beside me and ask him how we can hope to fight something like this. He shakes his head. It's only toying with us, he thinks. Soon the fight will begin in earnest.

///

Nehum leaps from the back of his slain mount, pulling himself onto the rear saddle of the kewa beside him. But the rahkshi's attack, it seems, is not finished. Before it drops to the ground, it brings its feet together and somehow, impossibly, it begins to hover in the air. Nehum curses as the creature rockets after him. The bird's pilot pulls it into a barrel roll, and the rahkshi slams into the kewa's wing, cleanly dislocating it. The bird spirals out of control. Its riders leap in opposite directions, and the pilot is dead before he hits the ground, one of his arteries severed by the rahkshi's staff. Through it all, we're firing off discs as fast as we can, but they either miss the rahkshi entirely or bounce off its armor.

///

Someone calls out to hold our fire, or at least be a bit more cautious. The moment we do, though, the three rahkshi become five, spreading out and launching relentless attacks on those on the ground. The battle rages for at least three minutes as we strike at empty shadows. The shadows, though, fight back, and five or our own fall, never to rise again.Then an Onu-Toa materializes behind one of the rahkshi, his blade continuing the arc it had begun before he activated his Kualsi. The rahkshi shrieks in fury as its illusions vanish.

///

The rahkshi grabs Nehum by the neck with its remaining hand, its powerful grip tightening on his throat. Cyclone and I dive toward them, the kahu grabbing the fallen staff in his claws. Before I can strike at the rahkshi, it draws back its arm and hurls Nehum's limp form at me. The force of the impact throws me from Cyclone's back, but at least the creature is weaponless.Only three of our squadron are still alive. They fly like karzahni, diving, dodging, hurling discs, covering me as I check on our deputy. He's unconscious, but hopefully the rahkshi will think he's dead and ignore him.I grab the blade I'd dropped in the fall and turn back to the rahkshi.

///

The rahkshi has split to five again, and another of our force has fallen, an Onu-Matoran struck from behind. The Toa beside me, one of Water, suddenly gets an idea and calls out to a Le-Toa a few bio away. Moments later a thunderstorm is raging down the street, drenching me instantly. More importantly, though, it doesn't do the same to the rahkshi's illusions. The rain cuts through their shadowy forms and covers our true foe.

//

One. Two. Three. Rock, push, flip–

/

I sprint for the edge of the building and leap off, pulling one of my blades from my back as I sail toward the beast's shimmering form.My momentum carries me to the rahkshi's back.I grab one of its spines, ignoring the pain that slices through my hand as it cuts through my armor like butter.The creature thrashes violently, endeavoring with all its strength to throw me off, but I manage to hold on.My blade flashes through the air, coming down on the rahkshi's neck, cleanly severing its head from its body.I let go of the spine and reach down, fastening my grip around the head of the slug attempting to wiggle free.I draw back my blade and plunge it into the kraata's head.For a broken Unity.For an abandoned Duty.For a forgotten Destiny.And then the lifeless suit of armor collapses to the ground, and everything goes black.OOC: Wrote this tonight. I think it came out fairly well.

II: InvincibleSuggested listening: "Faith of Jevel" or "The Mancer's Dilemma" - Bastion SoundtrackInvictus, Le-Wahi

IC: Bright red armor shimmered in the sunlight, dancing before me, filling my vision. It encased a powerful reptilian body, a creature standing two heads above me and wielding a staff as long as my body. The weapon's blades are like flames made solid, wickedly sharp and no doubt thrice as deadly as the blade hanging at my side. I was completely certain that the creature could impale me faster than I could blink if I so desired, but it didn't seem much interested in doing so at the moment.Its glowing red eyes were filled with anger burning hotter than the most powerful flames I'd ever produced. Its gaze seemed to pierce my soul, digging deep through memories I'd forgotten I had. I stared back with equal intensity. Then I got bored and decided it was time to end this. I flipped my sword effortlessly, adjusting my stance as I did so.The rahkshi did not return the gesture; if anything, it seemed amused. Its mouth yawned open, releasing a guttural hiss.Invictus.So these things could talk now? Lovely. "Yeah, that's me," I growled. "Nice to meet you."Invictus. Do you know what that means?I narrowed my eyes. Of course I knew what it meant.It means "invincible." Interesting, no?"Very." I stepped to the side cautiously. The creature followed the movement but showed no sign of aggression.Do you think you're invincible, Invictus?I ignored the rahkshi, continuing to circle around. The movement had no strategic value, but it helped me think.You do, of course. Why else would you go out of your way to attack me? My brethren are facing three of your own at once and slaying them effortlessly. Yet you believe that you, weak as you are, are capable of destroying the strongest.I paused for a moment and continued, pushing the beast's words from my mind. Maybe if I–No one is invincible, Invictus. Least of all you.This thing was really getting on my nerves. I should really...My thoughts trailed off as the beast continued. It seemed to relish the moment. Why, it is not even you who is called invincible; it is merely your sword!The words were like acid, corroding my soul. It meant nothing, I told myself. I tried to continue my circle, but I couldn't move.You have failed, failed many times. Shall I list them, Invictus? The creature seemed positively delighted to do so. That is, if I can even call you that. That name is the polar opposite of what you are. Perhaps I should say–The rahkshi's next words were lost in a deep-throated snarl from the underbrush. My mask had pulled through again - a muaka burst forth from the foliage, pouncing on my opponent with a roar that must have struck terror into the heart of even the rahkshi of fear. The Zatth must have decided to make up for the hoto bug it had sent me earlier with the rahkshi's only natural predator.I turned away from the muaka, which was eagerly tearing through the rahkshi's armor. The rahkshi's influence had faded. Its words, though floated after me.No one is invincible...OOC: Guess I'll end the season with the character I started it with. This part took me quite a while to write, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Written over the course of two days.

III: Equal PartsSuggested listening: "A Taste for Adventure" - Homestuck Vol. 9Jotham, Ta-Koro

IC: With a grunt, Jotham lifted the last crate of Madu Cabolo into the basket the weavers had created for Grochi's hot air balloon. He and Lumira had crafted an excellent strategy, Jotham thought, and everything had gone smoothly. They'd secured four volunteers - the Fa-Toa from earlier, a single Ba-Toa, and a pair of Ta-Toa, one with a Kadin and the other a Kualsi. The Guard had, surprisingly enough, relinquished a large portion of its supply of explosives. The balloon had been woven quickly and efficiently, and Grochi had naturally given them the go-ahead. Jotham vaulted out of the basket, dropping to his feet next to Lumira. "All we need now is–"A piercing scream sliced through the air, threatening to split Jotham's eardrums in two. The Po-Toa's mask glowed faintly, and a moment later he was on the battlements, grimly observing the scene unfolding below. The scream was joined by a hundred others as the rahkshi marched forward, a veritable sea of brightly-colored armor sailed by a fleet of wickedly sharp spines. Jotham whispered a curse and a prayer as he turned back to the village. Already the relative lull had transformed into a flurry of activity as the defenders sprang to action. Oaths, threats, and war cries nearly drowned out the screams below.The Ta-Toa were standing on opposite sides of the balloon when he returned, rapidly heating the air within it. A few tense minutes later, the vessel was ready. Jotham and Lumira watched in silence as the balloon drifted upward, rising above the village and floating lazily toward the army assembled below. Many of the rahkshi had already launched themselves over the lake of magma, but over half remained on the rocky shore.The slow-moving balloon went largely unnoticed by the blisteringly fast rahkshi as it crossed the lake. It was for this reason, as Jotham had predicted, that its occupants were faring so well. The Fa-Toa dropped net after net onto the unsuspecting beasts, magnetizing the metallic traps to the rahkshi's armor and sending at least a third of hervictims plunging to their molten graves. Jotham had had his reservations about allowing one who seemed so uncertain of her own abilities to participate, but the moment the first rahkshi vanished below the lava he knew they had made the right decision. The Ba-Toa, too, managed to incinerate a few, multiplying their gravity and pulling them into the liquid rock.By the time the balloon reached the shore, the rahkshi seemed to have realized that the slow-moving craft was indeed a threat. Jotham's knuckles went white as he tightened his grip of the battlements. A pair of blue-green rahkshi had turned their attention to the balloon. A flash of light burst from each of their staves, and they were gone. Jotham barely had time to register that he'd been right - they did indeed have teleportation powers - when they reappeared, one atop the balloon and the other in the basket. The one on top began stabbing, cutting, slashing through the woven balloon with its staff. The one in the basket lunged forward, impaling one of the Ta-Toa far too quickly for the eye to follow.

///

Her brother's body seemed to fall in slow motion, the balloon sinking with it. She could hear the Ba-Toa's voice ringing dully, telling them to get out, get out. But why? What did it matter if–The other two were gone, leaping over the rim of the basket, and the beast turned its angry gaze to her. The air beside it flashed and the other appeared next to it, its task complete. Suddenly the scene snapped into stunning clarity, her blue eyes glinting with determination as she looked into the beasts' hate-filled red ones. Flames consumed her arm. As the rahkshi lunged forward, she reached back, placing it on the crate behind her.

///

Jotham's heartlight froze. Only two of the Toa had escaped, and neither had the ability to ignite the explosives. A blue-armored rahkshi moved into position beneath the balloon, raising its staff. Disintegration. A moment later all their work would be–The balloon was consumed by an explosion that Jotham could feel all the way to his teeth, and he breathed again. The Ba-Toa had rotated his gravity and was falling sideways across the lake, quickly approaching terminal velocity. The Fa-Toa, he was amazed to see, was leaping across the backs of the rahkshi flying toward the village, always magnetizing herself to a different one the briefest of moments after the rahkshi noticed her presence.The Ta-Toa, though, were gone. The fireball that had been the balloon crashed to the ground, crushing and incinerating the disintegration rahkshi and a few of its companions with a force their powers were ill-equipped to stop. The Ta-Toa's sacrifice would not be in vain, it seemed. "Just like you said, Lumira," Jotham murmured. "Equal parts pain and glory.""Not quite," came the answer. But it was barely more than a groan, and it was not spoken by the Le-Matoran next to him. He turned to see the Ta-Toa standing a few bio away, clutching the lip of the wall in an attempt to keep herself upright. Blood was pouring from a wound to her abdomen, but it didn't look incredibly deep. She tapped her mask, but the effort seemed to make her lightheaded. "Quick travel," she managed. "So much better than speed.""Yeah, sure." At that moment both the Ba-Toa and the Fa-Toa alighted on the wall. Jotham glanced at them. "Good job," he said shortly. "Now get her to a medic." They quickly obliged."Three out of four back alive," Lumira commented as the trio departed. "Not bad, considering we brought down twelve of those things." Jotham raised an eyebrow, and the Le-Matoran continued enthusiastically. "I counted - they got seven over the lava, three with gravity and four with the nets. Then there was the two in the balloon, and three more on the ground when it landed."Jotham whistled softly. Twelve rahkshi? "That's an eighth of their force," he murmured. "You sure you got that right?" Lumira nodded. Jotham glanced out over the wall. The rahkshi were still coming relentlessly, and it looked as though the others weren't meeting with quite the success they were. "Come on. Time to get our hands dirty."

///

The rest of the battle was a blur, both literally and figuratively. Jotham tore through the village and across the battlefield wherever he was needed, but even the speed afforded him by his mask was barely enough to keep him on pace with the enemy. The rahkshi were mind-bendingly fast, and their speed was matched only by their strength. Even with the force of the entire Guard and nearly every warrior in the village opposing them, the rahkshi that fell were few and far between. For every son of Makuta they destroyed, it seemed that three of their own were slain. Jotham soon lost track of Lumira, but the Le-Matoran's words stayed with him: "Equal parts pain and glory." He hadn't thought much of the phrase when she'd first said it - nor, he suspected, had she - but her words now seemed prophetic.Only one moment stood out clearly in Jotham's memory.Mind reading. How had he had the misfortune of coming up against the only rahkshi of mind reading in the entire army? In response, the rahkshi released one hand's grip on its staff for a moment, flashing an obscene gesture in Jotham's direction with its sharp claws. Someone - the Ba-Toa from before, he realized - took the opportunity to strike at the beast from behind, but, with a single hand, it thrust its staff backwards, cutting deep into the Ba-Toa's strong arm. Jotham lunged in with his sword as a green-armored Skakdi did the same with a warhammer, but the rahkshi ducked under the latter attack and caught the former cleanly between the prongs on the back end of its staff. Then it lunged for the Ba-Toa, grabbed his injured arm, and in a single motion threw him backwards over its head. The Ba-Toa collided with the Skakdi, and the rahkshi dashed over to them, raising its spear to impale them both. Jotham drew one of his knives and crossed to the rahkshi with the assistance of his mask, but the creature thrust its staff back, aiming to do the same to him as it had done to the Ta-Toa–But it didn't. The moment the weapon struck Jotham's armor, it stopped. The rahkshi froze and glanced around, seemingly uncertain of what it should do. Jotham spun to the side and buried his blade in the creature's neck. It fell to the ground without complaint.After that, things got a karz of a lot easier. In all his studies, in all his travels a century ago, Jotham had never seen or heard of a rahkshi who broke rank, nor one who turned on another of its kind. And yet that was what was happening all around him now. But for once the Po-Toa didn't have time to ponder this mystery - a heat vision rahkshi was approaching from the side, and it looked like it could use a good boulder dropped on it.

///

Victory. Haven't heard that word in a while.The last of the rahkshi had vanished into the Charred Forest, taking refuge in the greatest symbol of their master's strength that could be found in Ta-Wahi. Ironic, Jotham thought, that it was their weakness that had led them there.With what seemed his last vestige of strength, Jotham lifted his sword and slid it back into its scabbard. It was tricky business doing so with his left hand - his right arm had been broken a half-hour or so earlier by a stray bolt of shattering, but he'd encased the limb in a cast of stone and fought on. It was far from his only injury; at least a dozen cuts and gashes covered his torso, adding blood-red accents to his tan and black armor. Nothing too deep, thank the Spirit, but still painful. And potentially dangerous if he lost too much blood or they got infected.He blinked, surprised by the matter-of-factness with which he regarded his injuries. The adrenaline rush must not've worn off yet, he supposed. Either way, he should really get back to the village. He took a final glance into the blackness of the dead forest before him and turned back for Ta-Koro.

///

The trek back was impossibly long. It seemed to Jotham to take hours to cross the distance, though the Charred Forest was less than a kio from the village gate. Then again, considering the scenery that greeted him with every step, perhaps this wasn't all too surprising. Corpses littered the ground, the metallic shells of the rahkshi intermingled with Ta-Koro's fallen heroes. Already teams of civilians were pouring onto the battlefield, searching for any who still clung to life. Jotham feared that they would not find many - the rahkshi were nothing if not efficient.A faint squeal floated through the air as Jotham kicked aside a lifeless suit of armor. Turning, he found its source - a kraata had become trapped while trying to escape the prison that had once protected it. Looked like the plating that encased the slug had been crushed, probably by a warhammer or something. Jotham knelt down and grabbed the creature by its head, prying it free. He'd never seen one of these things up close.It had a small mouth lined with razor-sharp teeth through which it was hissing angrily. Mandibles waved threateningly on either side, but for all its struggles the kraata could not break his grip. Interesting. He stepped gently on its tail. Stretched out, it was roughly a foot long. Jotham traced a finger along its length. The kraata's underbelly was soft, but its back was protected by a plated carapace. It wouldn't be sufficient to protect the creature from a blade, but against simple environmental damages he imagined it would fare quite well.Its head was a dark gunmetal grey, but as it approached the tail the carapace transitioned to a soft, metallic yellow. Which was... He turned his head, thinking. Page fourteen... Weather control? He turned back to the creature. It seemed to have decided that it couldn't escape his grasp, because it had begun to emit vast amounts of a thick fog. Weather control indeed. A faintly amused smile crossed his face. It seemed to be trying to convince him that it wasn't really there. He tapped into his deepest reserves of elemental energy and, with some difficulty, he conjured up a box of stone and dropped the slug inside, leaving a small pair of air holes. Moments later, twin streams of fog were billowing out, but Jotham wasn't concerned. That was all it could do in its current state. He stood and continued toward the village, wisps of fog trailing behind.

///

"What are you doing here?"Jotham shrugged as well as he could with one shoulder. "Getting my arm fixed? Making sure all these don't get infected?""Clever.""Fine, then. Are you all right?"She didn't respond.A Su-Matoran in white appeared at the foot of Jotham's cot. A medic. A few minutes later his wounds were bandaged and his arm was in a sling. The Su-Matoran hurried off. Looked like his next patient had lost a hand. Jotham sighed and stood, making his way for the door."So do you...like...actually care? Or do you just...not want this...on your conscience?"Jotham turned. "My conscience is clear," he said quietly. "I can learn from my mistakes, but I can't change the past. What good does it do to live in regret?" The corner of his mouth turned upward for the briefest of moments. "Guess that leaves one option?"She inclined her head a fraction of an inch. Jotham did the same.Then he pushed aside the tent flap and was gone.

///

Grochi, Lumira, Stralix, Perkahn, Tarotrix, and a whole host of others he recognized from before the battle were already there when he entered the bar. Grochi, it seemed, was making a toast to their victory. He hurried up, grabbed a drink, and joined them, a grin rapidly spreading across his face. It had been a long time since they'd experienced any sort of true success against the Dark One's forces, much less against a hundred of his most powerful servants.But no! Someone exclaimed. A courier had burst through the door. It was not one hundred, but six, for the other five koros had found victory as well! The Makuta had fallen!Jotham shook his head in wonder. He could make no judgment on the accuracy of the courier's claim; it seemed almost too good to be true. One thing was certain, though - they could use a celebration.

Q2TtLEz.png

OOC: Tonight's jam is brought to be the excellent Toa Fanixe and the below average Master of Masks.

IC: (Valria) + (LoJak)

The first body I found was Kaiapo. The tall Toa of Earth, the man who got me back on my feet after I killed Telric. The man who showed everyone around him a kindness that was rare in these dark times.

He was gone.

It left me with this emptiness growing in my heart, that had already been opened by the death of the innocent Quada, the young Toa I know wished to have known longer. They were both noble souls and while some may say the cost was worth it, it never actually felt that way. Just a tear in the seam that only got wider.

"Rest heroes, Ko-Koro still stands because of you. I'll see to it that you are returned to your homeland and given the funeral as you and your people would have wanted."As I returned the village proper, bringing my fallen friend to join Quada. I noticed the injuries Iulius had received in the battle and instead of finding a proper medic here he was standing around like he was ready to give us another speech. Well I wasn't going to have any of that. I yelled for a medic as long I could painfully loud enough that I could see others wincing nearby. I cared little I refused to let this team drop like flies to fall apart like my previous one did, we would not relent, we would not buckle as so many others did before us and although our greatest enemy was gone, there was still much work. We needed Iulius.

"Somebody, anybody we need a medic, a nurse, anything!" A female matoran of Ice finally came scrambling our way, she immediately went to Iulius, pulling out bandages and trying to get the Toa of Sonics to move on.

"You stay alive sir, too many good people died today and I'll be karzed if we lose another. Go with her and get medical attention. Our group still needs a leader, you're that leader." I replied, my eyes narrowing. If he died now what was going to happen to the Ancora? He couldn't we had already lost two of us, two people that were frankly worth more to this team than I was, more to the people of Mata Nui, to this island.

"She's right, you need to come with me." The Ko-Matoran said, taking the De-Toa's other hand.

"I'll be fine sure, I just need to find LoJak." I replied, before starting off, increasing my pace. I wasn't worried about Sur as the others were, Sur was intelligent, capable, she could handle herself and we'd see her soon. I didn't even want to consider that she was among the fallen, we couldn't fall not now, not after we just got started. This time my pace quickened more than ever, I went back to where I found Kaiapo and my eyes scanned the area frantically. I didn't want to believe he was among the dead, I couldn't believe he was among the dead, not the Toa who had given me hope that I could actually be worth something. LoJak was a kindred soul on a level that even Kuyre or Alrin couldn't match. He was that missing piece and I needed to find him, I needed him. After my hurried search I found him lying on the white snow like Kaiapo, a pool of crimson surrounding him, but his heartlight it was still glowing, faintly though. There was still a chance and that chance was all I had. I raced over to him, decreasing the gravitational pull on him, making it much easier to lift the much larger Toa. With the decrease in weight I'd been to carry LoJak like he was a bundle of twigs. I sprinted to the hospital, dodging and weaving through the crowds. I wasn't going to lose him. Not today, not for a while, never. I just needed to get there...

----

Pain. Lots and lots of pain. That's all LoJak felt. Everything hurt. His arms, his legs, his chest - especially his chest - all aching and burning like fire. He couldn't quite register what was going on around him. He heard noises, people speaking, but he could make no sense of it all. He tried moving but the effort was beyond him. Right now, he needed to rest.

He wasn't sure how much time was passing. Hours, days, months. He was completely unaware. Finally though, he opened his eyes. Sitting on a chair beside his bed was Valria.

"Th-There you...arreee," LoJak croaked, smiling weakly.

"What?" Valria asked, a confused look on her face.

"...Nothing. Ju-Just happy to...see you."

Laying in the hospital bed, LoJak strained to turn his around the room and figure out what had happened. Before the pain, he remembered being in battle. The Rahkshi he had fought, killed, burned. He had unleashed every once of power he had in the fight. He had been ready to sacrifice absolutely everything for the people of Mata-Nui, for Matoran, Toa and everyone else. Everyone else.

"The others! Kaiapo and Quada! They're hurt. We have to save them!" LoJak suddenly found himself reinvigorated, albeit only a bit, and pushed against the mattress to try and raise himself out of the bed. His arms collapsed halfway and he fell back down. Despite his will, his body still needed to recover from all the stress it had endured.

"I'm sorry LoJak, but they didn't make it."

The news of the others' deaths rocked LoJak. He had seen them badly injured, near death, but actually dead? LoJak had thought that together they would all for a Toa team that would bring light to Mata-Nui. But now, with them gone, he found it hard to imagine how they would accomplish that destiny.

Wait a minute...

Yes! Now it came back to him, how the battle had ended. The Rahkshi had fled and killed each other. The mysterious Toa had appeared, declared Makuta gone. They had won!

"We did it Valria! We did it. Makuta has left the Island! We're saved! We're free!"

LoJak paused to breathe. It was still difficult to be so active. He and his body would still need a much needed rest and recovery period. Then he spoke again.

"What do we now?

I sat by LoJak's bedside for hours. When we arrived I had managed to find a healer while the attack had destroyed much and hurt many there weren't as many injured as I had previously worried had. A Toa of Iron with a Mask of Healing set to healing the wounds of the brave Toa of Fire and although his wounds were grievous he started to stabilize. My heart was not at ease yet, I needed another sign that he would be alright. When he finally opened his eyes and spoke it took every ounce of my self-control not to bear hug the larger Toa. He went on to ask about Kaiapo and Quada and I responded, and it pained me to speak of their passing.

"Though I want to return their bodies to their homeland, Kaiapo to Onu-Koro and Quada to Ga-Koro, after their sacrifice it's the least we could do for our teammates. I do hope our leader, Iulius is receiving medical attention, I left him with a Ko-Matoran nurse. Sur is absent, but I'm sure she's just handling the wounded." I realized I was worrying LoJak a little more, contributing more stress instead of relieving it, So I grabbed the Toa of Fire a glass of water. He wanted to take it by his own hands but I swatted the shaky hands away, lifting the glass up to his lips and gently pouring the water in, setting the glass aside when he waved me off, as soon as he realized what had occured.

He was ecstatic and as much as I wanted to be, the reality of the death of my new friends struck me far to hard at this moment. I couldn't really celebrate like that, but I could be happy, for LoJak had been returned to me, I was given another chance.

"I think everyone on the island is entitled to a little bit of rest now. I'd like to see Iulius and the others about rebuilding though. Ko-Koro still needs help building itself back up and so do the other villages. We still have work to do. When you're well enough, and perhaps Iulius would be fine with returning our friends to their homes." I smiled, holding LoJak's strong, powerful hand in my smaller ones, gently massaging it to put him at ease.

"This probably isn't the time or the place to tell you this LoJak, but it feels right being with you. I wish I could have been fighting by your side or something instead of hanging back because wherever you are, that's where I belong. So what I guess what I'm trying to say is...." I leaned forward over the bed, and pressed my velvety lips to LoJak's cheek. I leaned back, worried that the Toa of Fire might have already taken it the wrong way.

LoJak's train of thought began to slow as Valria started speaking that last sentance and came to a screeching halt as Valria came near and kissed him on the cheek. She retreated only slightly, a panicked look on her face as she waited for LoJak to say something.

He found it agonizingly difficult. Having run to fight an army of Rahkshi it was only now that he had been completely stoppd in his tracks. For the next few seconds he prayed desperately to Mata-Nui help him think of what was the right thing to say or do. Nothing came to mind. Finally, after what felt like an agnonizingly long time, he acted.

He leaned forward and kissed Valria lightly, their lips brushing for just instant. Valria drew near again and this time LoJak wrapped his arms tightly around, forgetting all about the pain the action caused. She nuzzled her head into his neck, the two of them embracing and oblivious to everything around them.

Like a disk broken in half, two parts came together to make a whole, sure there would be some parts that needed to smoothed out, but eventually, eventually it would float on the air just like all the others.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Suggested listening:

"Garo ~Savior in the Dark~ (Red Requiem Ver)" - Hironobu Kageyama

Venice Rooftops - Jesper Kyd

The War Still Rages Within - Jamie Christopherson

IC: Veros and Crimeia (Ta-Koro)

I woke up, dazed and completely exhausted. I struggled to raise my head, see where I was. I blinked, trying to get the haze from my eyes. Where…where am I?

Right. The hospital. Atonal and Crim brought me here.

I blinked again. I was covered in bandages. My weapons lay on a table next to the bed, my duster hanging from a door. I saw a familiar face bend over me. It was Crim. “Good morning sleepyhead!” she said, smiling.

I leaned up, the pain cutting through me like Fuse’s swords. I was able to sit up, but barely. “What’s going on?” I asked quietly. “What happened?”

“First things first,” Crim replied, holding out a canteen. “Drink. Now.”

I just realized I was incredibly thirsty. I took the canteen and starting downing water in gulps. “What happened?”

“Rahkshi. At least, for a while.” Crim toyed with her hands. “They were attacking. It was pretty chaotic. And then, they just…shut down.”

Huh? “What do you mean?”

“They just stopped. Dropped down. No idea if they’re dead or not. Mind you, I’m hearing this all second-hand. And I heard that Makuta is dead too.”

I spat water out in surprise at the statement. She said it so deadpan too. “Makuta’s dead?”

“So I hear.”

“Crim, this better not be a joke. I’m not dreaming, right?” I pray to Mata Nui it isn’t. I got a playful thwack on the head. “OW! What was that for?!”

“Still think this is a dream?” Crim grinned ear to ear.

“Give me a second.” I drank some more water. Makuta is dead. His soldiers are done for too. But…what happens now? Where we go from here? “How…how long have I been out?”

“Just a couple days. Nothing too bad. Natalia did a really good job.”

The pain that had hit me earlier was subsiding. I tentatively rolled one leg off the bed, and then the other, and I was ready to stand up when Crim handed me Absolution. “Should you need it,” she said, smiling. I grinned, and stood up, proud. I tore off the bandages, and I saw the scars across my body. I nodded. “I can live. This is yet another part of my absolution.” I unsheathed my sword and held it aloft, checking it for nicks. Nothing. Plasma is a wonderful cleaning tool for swords. And then I saw it. My reflection in the blade. I turned to Crim, sheathing Absolution and feeling the scars across my face. Crim saw my look and handed me a mirror, and I looked at the damage. It wasn’t too bad. A long scar cut diagonally across my face, while a smaller one intersected with it, giving it an off-center X shape.

“Scars are forever, they say…” Crim mumbled.

“And they also say that X marks the hero,” I replied, smiling. “Besides, I’m at least better off than Fuse.” I went over to my equipment and started putting it back on.

“You let him live.”

I shrugged on my duster. “Yes.” I was surprised when Crim hugged me.

“Thank you. You stuck to your values. And to the Code.” Tears were running down her cheeks.

I hugged her tight. “When I said I follow the Code, I meant it. And what I’ve done to Fuse is more meaningful than letting him die gloriously.”

Crim let go, smiling through the tears. “So what do we do now?”

I grinned. “Well, I’ve been out the past couple days. Might as well get some exercise.”

Crim’s eyes lit up. “Where to?”

“Oh I don’t know, someplace nice and high.”

“No mask powers! That’s not fair you know!”

I bolted out the door, Crim hot on my heels. “Doesn’t mean I won’t beat you!” I dodged past people in the hospital before blazing through the door. I took a quick look around, and saw an optimal path. Yet Crim ran from behind me and leaped into the air, grabbing onto the wall of a building and started to climb. There was a tall tower not far from us, and I grinned, before taking a path along the street, while she clambered and rolled on the rooftops. I juked and dived past random passersby, obviously on their own business after the Rahkshi attack, and I ended up using a random person as a stepping stone to a higher height. “Sorry!” I called down from the roof, hopping from one to the other, Crim still going strong. The tower was getting nearer and nearer, and I needed a plan to get to the top. It was basically sheer wall, straight up.

I blinked out of existence, reappearing right at the foot of the tower, right as Crim caught up to me. She shot me a dirty look for using my powers, and used me as a stepping stone to leap towards the tower wall. She pulled out her hand crossbow and fired, sending a bolt up high that was trailing a rope. She swung on it and got her footing and started climbing.

“Not fair!” I said. “If you can use weapons, then I can use…” I leaped onto the wall, and using a controlled burst of plasma, righted myself and started running, keeping the plasma flow going to help me dash up the tower. “Then I can use my elemental powers!” Crim swore loudly, and I heard flame crackle. Obviously she was mimicking my technique. I blinked out of existence one more time, and landed safely on the top of the tower. I sat down and waited, Crim’s hands eventually appearing as she pulled herself up.

“Cheater.” She said simply.

“Takes one to know one!”

“Well, obviously we can’t decide this contest in terms of free-running,” Crim said, drawing her sword. “How about we decide it in steel?”

I glanced around. There wasn’t exactly enough room to maneuver up here for a sword fight. I stood up and drew Absolution, before dropping off the side of the tower. I fell, blinked out existence, and landed safely on a nearby rooftop, that conveniently had plenty of room for a sword fight. Crim leaped off as well, and dropped, her cape acting as a makeshift parachute of sorts, while she used her flame to slow her descent. She landed, holding her sword out, while drawing out her hand crossbow again. “You ready Ver?” she said, getting into a stance.

I cracked my neck and shifted into my standard sword stance. “All right Crim…LET’S DANCE!”

It's good to be home.

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Vhohan

The grisled Skakdi strode across the battlefield, limping on his prosthetic. The Rahkshi were all dead, or at least many of them. And now was the time to loot the bodies. Vhohan leaned over and picked up a staff from one. He turned in his hand.

The Rahkshi it had come from was of an aquamarine coloring. He couldn't tell what this Rahkshi's power was, but there was a possibility that the staff would let him channel the Rahkshi's power. If not, he could use it as a trophy. That would work too.

At the very least he could kill a Toa with it.

OOC:

The power of the staff is Heat Resistance.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: OK, just decided to make a character and start roleplaying here, so hope this is a good introduction :) .

IC: (Orderin, Le-koro) "Le-koro, it's good to be back." amid the festivities a lone Toa in green and silver armour walks into Le-koro. Strapped on his back is a shield, a spear and a back-pack, on his waist there is a katana. He walks forward, looks around and smiles, "much has changed." he says to himself, "looks like it's time to find some work."

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

OOC: FOR MAH FWIEND KUGHII

I WRITE THIS.

:3

IC: Liikyra [Ga-Koro]

The Toa of Earth wasn't in the best condition, certainly better than other of the fighters in the village. She was able to walk, and that was a plus, considering most of the being that had fought to defend the Village of Water were having trouble staying alive. The black, silver-lined armor on her left shoulder was peeled back like the peddles of some flower, while cauterized wound underneath was a clue to where the Rahkshi of Heat Vision had melted open her armor. Her left arm was bandaged tightly from the elbow down, though whatever injury that was hidden underneath had stained the white strips of cloth dark red. Similar bandages, which contrasted sharply with her dark armor, were applied generously around her torso. She was walking with a slight limp, the result of a large gash in her leg armor that was probably a lot more painful than she was letting on. Half of a Rahkshi's staff was still clutched tightly in her good arm, though the rest of her weapons were nowhere to be seen.

Nonetheless, Liikyra still wore her normal expression of distaste for the world and general impassiveness, as if she were dissatisfied with the current state of the universe itself. Despite this, her golden eyes were tired, if not relatively softer than their usual cold look. They gazed at Kughii for a moment, completely unreadable. Until, with the sound of metal hitting the ground as she let got of the Rahkshi staff, the Toa of Earth hauled Kughii to his feet, a feat considering the height difference with the Vortixx, and hugged him tightly.

IC: Dehkaz [Ga-Wahi, Fowadi]

And so.

It was over.

A gunmetal-armored hand was held tightly against his side, blood seeping through the gap in his armor where a Rahkshi of Fragmentation had decided to blast a hole through. The remains of the brown-armored monster was laying off to the side on the deck of his ship, it's shell sliced by his Kanohi's power and crushed by his own elemental power. A second Rahkshi was nothing more than a messy sphere of silver and blue metal, still magnetized to the wall it smashed through, though the Fowadi would definitely keep the scars from the Rahkshi's gravity blasts. Even more were of the metal beasts were underneath them, sunk to the bottom of the sea by the powers of his ship's crew.

They did fairly well against them.

Fairly.

For the first time in a while, a smile, a real smile, played over the Major's Kanohi.

Yes, it was over.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC:

A smile crossed the green-armored Matoran's Huna, though no one was around to see it in the near darkness around her. The expression was tired, and did not hide the exhaustion behind it very well, even in the low lighting. Leli was propped up against an earthen wall, the only light coming from a lightstone in the distance. A dagger was clutched shakily in one hand, as she held it out to the swirling shadows before her. Her other hand was held tightly against her body, just below and to the right of her shoulder.

In font of her lay a motionless set of armor, it's blue and green shell battered and dented. Not too far from that was the corpse of some giant, armored slug, it's green blood still dripping off the blade held in the Le-Koroan's shaking hand. A bladed staff of Le-Koroan origin was impaled in the Rahkshi armor, going through it's mid section and straight out the other side. That was good. The Kraata inside had soon escaped it's metal shell, only to be stabbed by a well-aimed knife before the slug itself could teleport away. That was also good. However, the resultant fight beforehand, the Rahkshi had teleported both of them somewhere in the catacombs around Onu-Koro in an act of desperation. That was bad.

The fact that her armor from her chest to the ground was a few shades darker than the rest was also bad. Very bad. The liquid, normally maroon, was almost black in the low light. And there was a lot of it. A cough broke the short lived smile, one that was accompanied by more of the dark liquid. Two eyes, their dim gaze still managing to look bright, looked down to their own body, as a hand removed itself from her armor.

Yes, maybe that large hole was a problem.

Was it getting darker?

The lightstone couldn't be going out. That wasn't right.

Another fit of coughing snapped her back into reality. She knew she shouldn't go to sleep.

But she was so.

Tired.

IC: [Gyn Kirsug, Onu-Wahi]

Gyn Kirsug smiled. Today was a good day.

He'd increased his standing with Arkom, killed Rahkshi, and increased his standing with his men. Having successfully charged from Onu-Koro's gates at the first sign of the creatures' madness, the light cavalry shot and speared down armor suits as dessert vendors doled out ice cream on a hot Po-Koro day. Each Kraata was dealt with in a similar manner as slugs were sabered to pieces. Now, all that was left for him to do was the collection of loot and lost soldiers and the return to the village following.

All that was left was simply that, that is, until he spotted the dying matoran as he rode through the tunnels.

He examined her in a brief bout of curiosity. Judging by the corpse nearby, she had slain a Telerahk alone. Fool. It was best to fight as it was best to live: with others beside you to take the damage and your own command to direct who it fell upon. This Le-Matoran did not appear to have recognized that. A fatal mistake.

Or was it?

As he pondered her nature in that second, he racked his mind for any observations of her previous, seeking the name that would trigger any memories crucial to the case.. Leni? Lelu? Leli. That was it. Leli, friend to that hero Tarnok. Perhaps his only true friend.

Did that make her someone Kirsug wanted alive? He thought so. Certainly, she was a confidant who the Ussalmatoran had brought into the koro. Guessing from what he knew of Tarnok, Gyn assessed that Tarnok saw the investment of dedication to his koro ignored and energy moving her into it was due to his value to her not solely as a friend but as a trusted ally. That interested him. He had previously corrupted Gavarm in order to destroy Sulov. Killing a hero who worshiped the first of this village he had slain had poetic and demoralizing value that was only enhanced by the method in which he had done it--poisoning the metaphorical well of strength a trusted friend provided. Even more importantly, it was practical, an unexpected attack that was nothing short of devastating. And this friend, in particular, would be excellent. She was brave. A fool, but a brave darling nonetheless. Bravery was a quality Gyn loved in his sleeper agents due to its assurance of duty. Through the usage of this brave fool, Leli, he might further his plans a considerable amount.

She represented a great opportunity.

He would take it.

Activating his kanohi discreetly, Gyn deposited her body gently into his arms. Then he turned and made off towards the village. Already, he had thought of what to say to the hospital. And, also already, his mind whirred with ideas of how to turn this broken matoran into his compleat servant.

He smiled. Today was a good day.

Edited by Mr. Peanuts

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: Jam post, featuring Maioro, written by TX Wade, and Araedrex, written by me.

IC: Maioro

Maioro’s eyes traced the gesture to the lowly Vortixx, radiant pools of molten gold staring with no emotion or thought to be held. Roase, in all his insanity, sat across from him, oblivious to Araedrex’s wish as he was lost in his own world, conversing with an imaginary wife of his. He was a lost cause, useless, purposeless, subjugated to the whims of the strong and merely kept alive through others’ pity. A parasite? Maybe. A blight in the world? Probably. Some would feel shame, disgust even, at the thought of murdering a poor old man in cold blood but the Toa of earth? He felt nothing. The Firestorm King wanted this beggar gone? Then so be it. Roase was prey now, and Maioro’s prey alone.

“General Vakama.”

“I thought I told you not to call me that!”

“My apologies. However I think it’s time for you to go home. Up there.”

A finger shot upwards to the sky, designating Roase’s so-called humble abode. He began to mumble a response, bits of food flying out of his mouth when in all but a blur, his world had flipped upside down. Literally. The table once installed before him was thrown with such force it crashed with a resounding crack as it collided face-first, sending the elder sailing through the air like a ragdoll before he lay sprawled on the floor, blood gushing from his nose to form a crimson pool morbidly caressing his face. If the Rahkshi outside hadn’t caused enough of a panic earlier on, this certainly revitalized the fear in many hearts. Maioro approached his victim as he looked up, a smile continuously plastered to the Toa’s face while he towered over his victim like a murderous god. Roase gazed, his face a bloody visage of fear, and now realized this was reality.

He would die now. And there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Sobs escaped his mouth in waves, silently pleading for a chance to live. One final act of pity. That’s all he asked for. Yet Maioro’s soul was an empty void, acknowledging no such thing. There was no mercy to be showed. Screams so vile they made one’s gut wrench, pierced the air and in an instant, complete and utter silence. A lone figure emerged from the restaurant, tossing an object to the ground, rolling until it stood at the feet of a Toa of fire; Roase’s eyes stared up at Araedrex in a petrified gaze of sheer terror. Crimson orbs of impassiveness stared back, undisturbed by the sight before finding their way to Maioro, a charismatic young man without a care in the world, smiling as if it was the best day of his life.

“You’re welcome.”

Araedrex's jaded stare lingered on Maioro for a moment, and then the haunting orbs of wraith-fire drifited away, uninterested. Remaining silent, he drifted into the street, his long, perfectly measured strides carrying him swiftly away, as the restaurant errupted into chaos, and people scrambled into the street, screaming for guards. He strode from shadow to shadow, cautiously ending each stride in spots of darkness, quickly receding as dawn turned to morning. Illuminated in flashes by the flickering gaslights that lined the streets, Araedrex spoke, murmuring softly, his voice as cold as then night wind, a weary sigh, to match his dispassionate, jaded, mask-like countenance.

"Certainly, you could have been quieter," Araedrex began, even more enigmatic then normal as he spoke of the killing, a critic reviewing art. "And no doubt there were more suitable places to dispose of him," he murmured, glancing back at Maioro, as he passed under a streetlight, his face briefly basked in golden light, before being cloaked once more in shadow. "Yet your devotion is impressive enough to conceal these faults."

Pausing midstride, Araedrex stared down the alley he was entering, small enough for only a singular person at a time, and flanked by towering buildings of limestone and glass. Ahead, the sound of Guardsmen could be heard, orders being issued, weapons being drawn. With a weary sigh, Araedrex activated his Kanohi, and scaled the vertical stone wall to his right, reaching the rooftops with insane speed, and apparently leaving Maioro to his own devices. Namely, his Volitak.

Not a moment too soon, Maioro vanished into thin air, transforming into a silent blur as he scaled the wall, dexterously nimble in his ascent. A single file of Po guardsmen shifted its way through the alley, oblivious to the runaway now clambering its way onto the rooftops.

Now hidden from the forces below, the Toa of earth deactivated his Kanohi, his transparent outline taking on its true colours once more. A bandaged hand rose to shield his eyes from the sun as they scanned the rooftops for any sign of security and namely, Araedrex Tenebras.

Sitting in a meditiative pose, on the cold stone roof, Araedrex stared at Maioro calmly, saying nothing, until the guards passed.

"Maioro," he began, his gaze slowly drifting from the Toa of Earth, towards the rest of the City of Stone, gloriously lit by the golden fingers of a rising sun. "How far will we fall?" The Firestorm King let the words waft away on the warm zephyrs of morn. "I find myself wondering if we have ever risen." His gaze turning back to Maioro once more, Araedrex spoke, his words slowly loosing their dull, weary tone, and becoming as glorious, as passionate and fiery as the speaker. "We justify, we demonize, and we glorify everything. We stereotype, until we can no longer imagine individuality, or inimitableness. Our sapience is little more than barbarianism, where the cruel, the cunning, rule, in place of the strong. Our civility is little more than patrionization, our speech is so careful in its cruelty. We apologize and we smile, yet inside we all visualize the cruelest of things. We react not only with violence, we react with pride. We are all fools, and not even humorous ones."Silence."Tell me, Maioro, when a jester fails to please his court, what actions are taken?"

"You and your questions. I answer and you enlighten, right?" Maioro teased, always sporting that enigmatic smile of his despite Araedrex's fierce display of passion in his speech. He waited a moment before answering, his tone flat and disinterested.

"Why, the jester doesn't get to please anyone after that of course. Such failure is unacceptable, no? How he's dealt with, one can guess but nobody wants a jester that can't entertain, that's for sure. You only got one shot and if you mess up, you're done."

"Civilization has had many chances, and yet it never fails to disappoint."Araedrex's stare seemed to burrow into Maioro, his gaze an inferno that scorched flesh and charred bone, delving into the furthest corners of his soul."I believe the time has come to destroy."

Araedrex rose, his gaze never faltering. The zephyrs of dawn sent his coat-tails trembling in the warmth of the morning dawn, as the sun ascended from the distant mountain ranges, filling the air behind Araedrex with its golden-yellow brilliance. "But a King must have an army. I will need generals, Maioro, heartless, merciless men and women that will never relent."

The warm, surging wind sent dust and sand spiralling into the air, rising to the rooftops and beyond, great, shifting clouds of tan that rushed through Po-Koro, sending people scurrying for cover.

The cloud encompassed Araedrex and Maioro, covering the entire building, unleashing a thousand needling blows against any exposed skin."I would have you be one of these destroyers, these warriors of ruin and devastation, Maioro," Araedrex said, his voice no longer a murmur, but a powerful, alien baritone, filled with contained, controlled passion. His form was hidden in the shifting cloud of sand, but his glowing eyes pierced the shroud, incandescent orbs of quiet, tacit rage.

Engulfed by the cloud, Maioro stood in silence, all but his radiant eyes obscured by sand. For the first time, they were smiling, expressing more than his grin ever could as malicious glee lit them up, giving them some sort of malignant beauty. It was the first genuine hint of happiness ever expressed on the Toa's part; it was frightening.

For too long he'd sat idly, biding his time patiently while he plotted his revenge, to exact his murderous will against the island of Mata-Nui. Now, Araedrex offered him the greatest opportunity of all, an opportunity he wouldn't allow to slip through his fingers. What led the Firestorm King in this campaign of destruction, Maioro didn't care. All that mattered was he'd been given new purpose in life, one he agreed on wholly.

"I believe you have your first general then."

"Excellent."Araedrex returned Maioro's maliciously gleeful stare with a jaded one. The cloud of sand slowly passed, and Araedrex was once more fully visible."We have much to do. We must sow the seeds of rebellion, we must nurture the sparks that will begin the fire, the blaze that will devour this city, a fire that is flickering light in the darkness of civilization. We must be ready to hunt, and we must be prepared to be prey. Most importantly of all, we must be unstoppable. Many in number, or few, we must be a single being, powered by a single ideal, unable to be vanquished simply by killing one of its cells. We must be a firestorm of rage, surging through this city, ravaging everything in sight. Must be gods of war, and titans of destruction."

His stare, for the first time in days, never faltering, Araedrex spoke with the ardent passion of a revolutionary, but with the vindictiveness of a god of death.

"We must bring the city of Po-Koro to its knees. We must burn it to the ground. The firestorm will rage, blazing in the darkness of an eternal night, and we will feed it with the flesh of sapients, and the screams of the helpless."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

On the deck of the Infernavika, a single being stood apart from the rest.

Not out of any mistrust, or spite. Any quantity of those had been evaporated in the battle. After a moment's contemplation, he supposed it was true; allies forged in the fire of battle were truly the stronger for it. No, he stood apart because it was not his place to stand with them. They were a family, a motley crew that had come together to form a unit closer than any other. That was not something he had a right to intrude on.

His hat lay in tatters on the top of his head, scraps of his coat dotting the deck, soaked with blood. Both his own, and the dark liquid that passed for a Kraata's life fluid. His element had proven more successful in battle than he had anticipated, as he was able to neutralize or otherwise work around a numer of Rahkshi powers. But it had taken a toll. He was drained, both mentally, and physically.

After a long pause, chest heaving, he looked at the crew of the Infernavika. Just loud enough to be heard, he spoke. "I'm a man of my word. All the charges against your current crew, Captain Lohkar, will be dropped, and all warrants recalled. I will take my leave of you now, as I am sure you and your crew have much that you want to do."The De-Toa turned, and slowly walked towards the railing, waiting for Dehkaz to move him across. A pang of sadness resounded in his chest as he did so. He used to have a group like that. Closer than family, bonds thicker than blood. Or so it had seemed, before those bonds disolved. Now... The Fowadi was as close as he had come, but it wasn't the same. With one or two exceptions, conduct on the Fowadi was all professional. He wasn't Krayn Inzaka, he was Lieutenant Krayn of the Gukko Force, and the highest ranking officer by default.

It was his job to be a soldier. But maybe one day, he could have a family again, too.

IC: (Ga-Koro)

"Another.""The voice echoed through the bar, slightly slurred. The speaker was a Le-Toa in a dirty white coat, leaning over the bar itself, staring intently. The atmosphere was dark, and far from the cheerful, drunken noise that usually filled the place. Liara's brow furrowed in concentration, as she looked at her distinctly unpracticed assistant."I said another bottle of the antiseptic!" She said, clearer this time. The doctor was running on less than an hour of sleep, and the patients still kept coming. Coffee had run out several hours ago, and it took all her control to keep her muscles from betraying her exhaustion. The current patient had suffered a relatively minor wound, but it needed to be cleaned. After a few more minutes she sent them on their way, informing them under no uncertain circumstances that they would not be active for the next few days.

FInally, she sank into a chair, relief showing plainly on her face. "Are there any more?""No, Miss."

"How'd we do?""A total of three hundred and fifty two patients, about a hundred got away with minor wounds that were easily dealt with, another two hundred or so treated for major wounds. Fifty or so casualties."

The Le-Toa was quiet for a few moments, before nodding. "We did what we could, and it could have been worse. I suppose that's something."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Tera sighed, nearly collapsing from exhaustion, looking out over the field where so many had died, the partially wrecked walls of the village, the bodies lying in the sand.Makuta Spawn and Mata Nui's servants alike, dead on the field. She'd lived. Whether by luck, skill, or her mask being cooperative (for once) she was alive.Not many were that lucky.The Po-Koronian Guard, already weakened by attack after attack, was reduced even further by the Rahkshi.But they fought, and they won.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC:

OOC: OK, just decided to make a character and start roleplaying here, so hope this is a good introduction :) .

IC: (Orderin, Le-koro) "Le-koro, it's good to be back." amid the festivities a lone Toa in green and silver armour walks into Le-koro. Strapped on his back is a shield, a spear and a back-pack, on his waist there is a katana. He walks forward, looks around and smiles, "much has changed." he says to himself, "looks like it's time to find some work."

If you can do it, so can I. :P

IC: (Ogeka, Po-Wahi Shoreline)

Dark pieces of metal decorated the beach, reflecting the fleeing storm far in the distance. Amidst the wreckage lay a single Po-Matoran, his eyes dark. Like a flash of lightning, his eyes burst to light as he slowly sat up.

"Where am I?" he idly wondered to himself, "And what's all this?"

The metal surrounding him was high tech and appeared to be some type of sea vehicle. He gazed out to sea, the storm bringing flashes of memory to his mind.

I was in a storm on this boat, getting away from...somewhere. I...I think I built this. But I couldn't have.

Another flash grabs his attention to the horizon, where a massive wall stretches to the sky.

I bet I'll find answers there...

OOC: I'm starting the BZPRPG with this guy, and so might as well use the Time Slip to establish him. Profile will be posted in three hours (or so) when the next arc starts. Sorry about the stereotypical "Waking on a beach with no memory" beginning. :P

Edited by Click

IC:

Kohra screamed.

And screamed.

And screamed.

She was lying on her side, curled up with her knees tucked almost to her chin, arms wrapped around her chest in a perpetual cramp, clawed fingers digging into her own back to the point where they drew blood. But she didn't feel the warm liquid running down her back, seeping through her armor and soaking her feathers. Nor did she feel the tears involuntarily flowing from her eyes. She didn't feel anything right now, except for the burning of her soul.

Whatever her own body was doing, whatever anybody could have done to her right now, any outside pain that could have been inflicted on her, it paled in comparison to the pain she was in right now. Every part of her body, every fiber of her very being was in agony, seared by a fire that could not be extinguished. Straight as an arrow it cut straight past any defense she could muster and went straight up her spine, setting her nerves ablaze.

There was nothing she could do to stop it, nothing to lessen or relieve it, no way to make it easy until it was done. Though not for a lack of trying.

At first, she wanted to run, and found that her confinement didn't allow it. Then she attacked the bars and walls of her cage, but without her telekinesis and in her weakened state, it didn't get her anywhere, except bruise her knuckles and the backs of her hands. But she continued, striking again and again, until someone thrust a staff through the bars of the cage, hitting her square in the stomach, bringing her down to floor. She lost her orientation, unable to get up again. Her stomach turned and she suddenly tasted bile in her mouth. She threw up. But it was just a reaction and didn't ease the torment one bit. In fact, she felt even worse.

And so she continued to cry out what she felt. In fact, the Vortixx had done nothing else for the past hour, just wailing and moaning, loud enough that the guardsmen began wondering if their newest prisoner really was what she seemed to be, or a mythological banshee trying to shred their earsdrums. Eventually, convinced her state would not change anytime soon, they departed, not willing to listen to the tortured being any longer. And when they left her, Kohra was alone in her cell.

All alone. The whispers, the dark, comforting voice in the back of her mind, all of that was gone. Eradicated, vanished, cut off. Except for one word. An echo, a single shout that had been born in darkness, a scream of defiance and futility that had reached her just a few hours ago. Just as she had been forced down the streets of the village of fire with her hands tied behind her back in the middle of a battle. Legions of Rahkshi were assaulting the villages simultaneously.

Kohra rejoiced. Finally, her master made his move, brought out his sons and was about to take control of all those that had so wrongfully denied him what was rightfully his. Even if she was bound up and imprisoned, the master would win and she would be free again. The thought gave her hope and the guardsmen were troubled by her cold, confident smile, despite the debasing circumstances for the Makuta's agent.

She just eyed them and she could see in their eyes that they knew their time was running out. They were dead spirits walking.

And then, the thought had reached her. One word: No!

All of a sudden, their roles had been reversed. It was the last thing she remembered before her soul had been set ablaze. For a moment she hoped one of the assaulting Rahkshi had hit them with a blast of power, but the sensation did not weaken. In fact, it only got stronger to the point of becoming unbearable.

She had cried out, collapsed, thrashed around. And she had pleaded. Pleaded for her dark passenger to help her. But there was no answer from the darkness. She couldn't feel the dark presence that had been with her for months now anymore.

And the horrible realization sunk in: The master had been defeated. Dead and/or gone. The connection with him had been severed; and whatever had been there before, it was replaced with nothing but white-hot burning pain. A final parting gift. He had sent her the pain of defeat and she was made to feel every nuance of it. He lost and she was bruised because of it, physically and emotionally.

She didn't know how they had dragged her into the cell, how long it had taken them to get her inside it in her state. Not that she cared. But the echo remained. It was the only thing she could recall consciously. And with it came the images - ghosts of past events that formed before her eyes and faded away again, twisted images of people she knew she had known at some point. Like a blue mist they leaked from the walls of her cell and took loose forms. She remembered them...somehow she knew she had seen all of them before, either in memory or reality, but they couldn't possibly be here now...except it didn't matter.

She saw herself, standing up to what had to be another Vortixx, but looked monstrous, it's arms replaced by thorny whips, the head all wrong. She threw a punch, but it went straight through the thing and then the monster pounced on her, knocking her down again, tearing into her flesh before vanishing. It didn't matter if they were real or not...because the pain they inflicted was very, very real.

She found herself lying on her back, unable to move away, merely twisting and shouting as the vapors shifted, became scavenger-birds tearing at her, before taking another shape, this time of a Toa. His features were flowing, undiscernibly but there were no eyes in his face. And as he stabbed her with his weapon and she screamed once more, he vanished as well, replaced by another, even more twisted figure, familiar and strange at the same time. But there were no names as the torture continued, only nightmare-visions of the beings, each another hot needle in her flesh. She was being flayed alive and there was nothing she could do - and there was nobody to save her, not anymore. And without the dark passenger, there was no hope.

Now she knew how much he had done for her. He'd saved her life all those months ago, in that cave. And part of him had joined with her in order to do that. And now with that part gone, she was not whole anymore, something was missing, something she was in dire need of...a need that manifested itself in this horrible fashion. Had he been here, he could have made it stop, one way or another. She was sure of that. But at some point, a pain like hers simply became too much for one person to bear.

If death had visited her now, she would have invited him like an old friend. But she didn't have any friends. Not even death. There was no exit. She wanted to not feel, to just get away from the torment, to be free. But she was far from free. Her body was imprisoned in the deepest levels of Ta-Koro's dungeons, and her mind was imprisoned inside this body, and her body simply refused to pass out. There was no respite.

Eventually, her voice failed and gave out. But her suffering continued, in silence. Shivering, convulsing, she lay in the reddish-brown dust on the floor of this cell, in her own blood, bile and tears, waiting for the end. But the fire was still inside her and it wouldn't go out anytime soon.

Burn you up and I'll burn you down. ---------------------------------------------------

The Toa of fire flexed his back as he lifted the body of the Rahkshi up and heaved it to the side. Something sticky dripped on his lower arm, the purple, gooey remains of what had been the Kraata inside the Rahkshi, until it had been cooked inside it's shell. But not by him, or any other Toa, for that matter. The son of Makuta had been obliterated by one of his own kind, a Rahkshi of heat-vision. The son of Makuta had used his power to melt a hole straight into it's brother's armoured shell and reducing the Kraata inside to the puddle now seeping into the ashen earth of Ta-Koro. He flicked his hand forcefully and the goo hit the ground, stirring up a little cloud of dust. Casually wiping his hand on his thigh, he turned back to where the dead beast had laid.

Agni wasn't interested in the Rahkshi at his feet. He cared about the Matoran body that had been buried under it. Turning The Toa of fire had switched his Kanohi Kualsi for the advanced mask of psychometry he had been given at the Kini-Nui. He knelt down beside the lifeless body and began to examine it. It was a macabre task, deeply saddening...and absolutely necessary. And it was not made any easier by the fact that many of the dead around him were people that he knew by name. Even if they had not been close friends, they had been allies, brothers in arms and villagers of the Koro he was sworn to protect. And he wished he had returned sooner. Perhaps he could have saved a lot of those that had made the ultimate sacrifice this day.

He and the other defenders had left the great temple in haste, after messengers from Le-Koro had shown up, carrying villagers to safety. And they had told them of the legions outside the Koro. Originally, the defenders at Kini-Nui had intended to wait for the Toa Maru to re-emerge from the depths of the Mangaia below the great Suva, to make sure no further servants of Makuta's would enter into the lair behind them and cut off their exit. But when legions of Rahkshi were on the very doorsteps of their homes, there was no question as to what needed to be done and they had departed immediately. The Le-Koronans had been kind enough to call several Gukko for them to ride and they had carried them back to the village in a fraction of the time it would have taken on foot.

But even so, they had not been fast enough. By the time they had made it to the village of fire, the Rahkshi had already begun their onslaught, blasting holes into the walls of the fortified Ta-Koro and the lines of its defenders alike. Agni and the others had maneuvered into the crater of the volcano and dropped off their prisoner, a Makuta-serving Vortixx, right at the Ta-Koro guard headquarters, before joining the defenders. Many had fallen before they had even joined the fight and Agni had done his best to make their sacrifice mean something, until the Rahkshi had suddenly turned on each other. After that, the battle had ended quickly.

Why the sons of Makuta had suddenly turned on each other was anybody's guess. Agni had not heard of such behaviour before. It was almost as if the Rahkshi became territorial. And while they had started to clean up after the battle, carrying the dead from the battlefield and salvaging what they could, the speculation had begun. At least, until a Toa of fire appeared that looked like he had faced off against the Makuta himself.

As it turned out, he had, a fact Agni confirmed to any who doubted it. He had been there, he had witness the Maru descend into the den of their common enemy. An enemy that was now gone, as Oreius told them. The ensuing cheer afterwards had rung out to the heavens. Makuta had wanted to bring ruin to the whole island if he could not control it himself. But the villages had survived to see the light of a new dawn and not fallen to the Rahkshi. Without their father's will, the Rahkshi had become mostly feral. Many had escaped into the wilderness, clashing with each other along the way and pursued by those defenders that still had the strength and energy to follow.

Agni had chosen to remain in the village. Hunting Rahkshi was an intriguing thought, but another task was far more important, the task he had now occupied himself with since the return of Oreius. The Warrant-Officer had only seen his home once after he had left it together with Valria, long months ago. It was time he returned to active duty. And he had decided to start right there, on the field of battle. Thanks to his position in the guard, he could immediately start to order some of the guardsmen to help him, so the cleanup effort would be coordinated. While he himself, started to look at every body of the fallen defenders he saw.

Bent over the Matoran at his feet, Agni placed two fingers on his jugular, but there was no pulse to be felt, nor any activity in the heart-light. The face of the guardsman was neigh unrecognizable. His mask was fused to his face in a grotesque way, the result of a fatal encounter with a Lerahk. A decidedly nasty way to go. Steeling himself against the imagery mentally, Agni activated his mask, confirming the story he had pieced together from the scene. Watching it first hand was even more gruesome and he turned the mask off again after a few seconds. He searched the body once again and quickly found the guard-insignia with the Matoran's name on the back.

Agni pulled a small tablet from the satchel hanging from his thigh, fingers brushing against his old Kualsi as he pulled out a small tablet and used his fire-power to burn another name into it, where it joined over a dozen others. Once he was done, the Toa whistled sharply and soon two more guardsmen joined him.

"That's..." one of them started to say, recognizing the body, but Agni waved him off. "I know. Here. Take his insignia, add it to the others. And get somebody to move the body."

The other ensign looked at him. "Sir...why are you writing down all the names extra? We all have our badge..."

"But not everybody who took a stand here today did have one, ensign." the Toa replied calmly. He held out the tablet for the Matoran to read. "See the names on the right? None of them were members of the guard. Many were not even from around Ta-Koro. But they fought for this village and the other villages as well. I want to make sure they'll be remembered for it here."

"That's a lot of names..." the Matoran commented. Agni nodded. "Yes. But worth the effort, trust me. You'd want the same done for you, if it was you lying there."

"Thank Mata-Nui I'm not." the Matoran said, but he couldn't really argue against what the Toa said. Agni smiled. "And don't forget to thank Oreius when you see him. Or any other of the Maru."

Suddenly, the other Matoran guard cried out. "Toa Agni! This one's still alive!" he shouted. Agni moved instantly, putting the tablet back. He'd have enough time to collect all the names, but an injured survivor took absolute precedence. He pushed the guardsman out of the way and found that there was another Matoran guard. A quick look at the heartlight showed weak activity with long pauses between pulses.

Agni immediately took off his mask. He could feel his power-level drop significantly and he felt a bit dizzy as a result, but he forced himself to focus.

"Here, hold this." he ordered one of the guards. The matoran looked a bit perplexed but took the mask, while Agni pulled out his Kualsi and slipped it back on. It locked into the fitting slot perfectly and he could feel the energy return as he took his secondary Kanohi back and pocketed it. Then he slipped an arm underneath the injured Matoran's knees and back, lifting him up. "Hang in there." he said, not sure if he was heard. But it didn't matter. Running as fast as he could, he carried the guardsman back the headquarters building. The infirmary and temporary hospital were so full that Matoran were waiting on stretchers that had been put into the street. But Agni was allowed past them. He brough the Matoran to the nearest medic and helped out until one of the doctors arrived.

Leaving the clinic-room, Agni looked down at himself. His scarf was hanging loosely around his shoulders and - like everything else on his person - was covered in ashes, dust and the grim of battle. Added to that were the blood of dead Rahkshi and Matoran from after the battle.

"I need a shower..." he muttered under his breath and headed for the barracks. But while on his way there, he had another idea. When arrived, he found that his old bunk had been left, just the way it was. Actually, there were fresh sheets. He had to hand it to the quartermaster, they did keep the place in top-shape...well, as long as no Rahkshi-legion came knocking. He tossed the scarf on his bed, then started to unstrap the chest- and back-plate of his armour, followed by the shinguards, vambraces and gloves. Last, he changed his mask again, and put the Kualsi on top of the pile, before heading to the showers. Once he was cleaned up and presentable again, he grabbed his pile of gear (scarf included) and left the barracks again, heading for the armory.

The large chamber was surprisingly busy. Normally, during a fight, the armory was almost barren, with all equipment in use. But now, staffs were being returned, weapons replaced and half of the floorspace had been appropriated by the clinic. Even here, wounded were treated. And Agni happily noticed that the Matoran he'd brought back was treated here, and in stable condition. They exchanged a few pleasantries, the Matoran thanked him, then Agni made his way to the far side of the room, where the officer in charge of the armory was standing with a tablet, trying to keep track of everything.

"Toa Agni. Haven't seen you in a while." he greeted the Toa drily. Agni nodded. "I was out of town."

"And now you are back. Just in time it seems. What brings you down here?" He looked at the pile in Agni's arms and raised an eyebrow. "Lemme guess...that."

Agni nodded. "I was hoping you could...get it back in shape. It's been through a lot lately."

"I remember a hotheaded Toa of fire who refused to have his armor taken care of, last time he was down here. Said a Toa needed to take care of his own gear." the officer commented.

"Aye. Almost a lifetime ago. Well, not yet."

"You're racking up years, but you're not that much of an old geezer yet." the officer replied, smirking. "So, what do you need?"

Agni told the Matoran what he'd had in mind and then left. The shower had washed the dirt of the last week or more off of him, but it seemed that layer had been what had kept him upright. Right now, all Agni wanted to do, was to sleep. He had to make a detour, to pay the tab for Dalia, who had apparently gone off to do her own thing in the meantime. But after that last loose end was tied up, the Toa returned to his bunk.

No sooner had his head hit the pillow, that the veteran went out like a blown-out candle.

----------------------------------------------

Faint sunlight was falling through the window the next morning. And Agni's eyes shot open at a sound that was very unusual for Ta-Koro...it was raining. The Toa of fire sat up in his bed and looked out the window. A heavy fog was in the air and the smell of sulfur was heavy today, as the rain from above created this eerie image.

Agni stood up, wanting to walk over to the window and take a closer look. His feet however, had different plane. The kicked against something, but his momentum carried him forward. There was a second of realization and weightlessness, then the Ta-Toa tumbled to the floor with a loud thud. Perplexed, he looked to his feet, and saw a very familiar shape.

Bad Karma... he thought and involuntarily grinned, as his eyes looked at the scattered pieces of his armour around him. The armory must have sent it back to his room during the night. A few Matoran guards sleeping in the same room looked at him confused, wondering why the Chief Warrant-officer was chuckling at his own misfortune. And Agni was glad they didn't know.

Still smiling, he started to get dressed. After all, there were people he needed to visit. After a light breakfast in the mess-hall, he walked down the corridor to the lobby and then turned left, to the the stairs leading up to the headquarters tower.

As he made his way upstairs, he could hear faint voices talking, rather loudly, though as he got closer to the door, the conversation quieted down a bit. Agni stopped at the door, adjusted the scarf around his neck once more, then reached out and rapped at the door three times before opening it.

There were two people present in the room at the time. Captain Jaller, the de facto leader of the village. This was no surprise, after all, he was the captain, this was his office. The other person in the room though...

"Angelus." Agni said, slightly surprised, but smiling. The other Toa of fire looked up at him, opening his mouth to say something, but stopped when he saw the Toa of fire. Jaller just raised his eyebrows.

Agni grinned back at Angelus. "Well, I had to get it polished sometime...", he said, glancing down at his armour. It was still the same set of plates, that much was obvious. However, the scratches that had accumulated in a century of guard-duty and adventuring were gone now...as was the matte-black finish they had all gotten used to. And the same was true for his Kualsi. What they had not known was that it had not been the original colour at all. Years of patrol in the climate of Ta-Koro had merely caused a permanent layer of soot to cover the original colour, until it was practically black. Which Agni hadn't minded. He did not want to stick out and in his home-village, the dark colour was an advantage, helping to blend in.

But a lot of things had changed these past few weeks. Makuta was gone, there was a new team of chosen heroes and then, there was Joske. Their last conversation was still burned into his memory. And while he had taught him the ropes of what it meant to be a Toa (with the help of a few others, mind you!), Joske in turn, knowingly or not, had taught him something as well. Up until their adventure together, being a Toa had been the Job. Protecting the Matoran, even helping Valria...it had all been part of the Job. Only when he had started training Joske he'd gotten a feeling that there was more to it. And there was. It had taken this long to fully realize it. But becoming a Toa, only to eventually run into Joske and to see him help defeat the ultimate evil, that had been a calling. All those decades ago, when he'd found himself buried underneath a rockslide with a Toa-stone in hand had not just been accident. It had been his destiny all along.

And perhaps it was just a bit of sentimentality, but the refurbished armour reflected those changes...almost literally. Underneath the old matte black, the Kanohi and armour was a dark gold, though judging by the reflection, there had to be at least some silver in the alloy. A brushed finish prevented the armour from reflecting too much. Most noteably though, was the Kualsi. It had been scratched and worn out so much before, that the clean look was rather jarring in contrast.

"And what's the occasion?" Angelus asked.

Agni shrugged. "I'm an officer of the guard...I just figured I might actually look the part for a change."

Jaller audibly cleared his throat. "I assume you are not here to just show off a new wardrobe. Angelus and I were just discussing our next steps. Makuta may be gone, but we can not afford to take that as an excuse to lower our guard. The last few days took a toll, both on our men and resources...We can't grow complacent now. Makuta may be gone and I am very happy about it, but we need to rebuild our village, And even more importantly, we have to take care of the stragglers...not just the Rahkshi that got away, but also the Makuta's former servants, the ones that still walk free. At the same time, there's been a worrying increase in crimes that were comitted by people definitely not affiliated with the Makuta."

He sighed. "We need to make sure we don't loose perspective...we have to pay attention to both issues."

Agni nodded. "I might have an idea where to start tackling both." he said. Jaller looked up. "Okay, I'm all ears. How would you go about doing that?" he asked.

The Toa of fire spoke, while walking back to the open door of the office. "I know several leads that we can track and people to talk to. But this is more than one man can handle." It is a risky bit of business and we are going to need a team, a good team, if we're going through with this."

He stopped at the door and grabbed the handle, slowly closing the door. Jaller looked at the back of the veteran Toa. "What did you have in mind?" he asked.

The door fell shut, the sound hanging in the air as Agni turned back around. In his eyes was a fire that Angelus knew all too well. A knowing smile tucked at the corner of Agni's mouth. He looked the Captains in the eyes.

"How much information do we have on the Turaga's killers?"OOC: Aaannnddd...Cut! Thanks for a wonderful first arc of RPing. And I will see you all next arc! So...tomorrow =P

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:Sunlight glared down from the midday suns, their harsh light eating away at the landscape below. The golden glow spilled into the cave from which the two beings emerged, blinding them momentarily from the sudden change in brightness. The larger of the two towered over his companion, while his purple and black armor took on an almost blueish tint in the direct light, paused only for a second, before continuing on out of the tunnel mouth.He didn't seem to be bothered by the sudden increase in heat, nor did he show any indication of slowing on his march forward.

It felt better to be out in the light, even if I was once again a servant of darkness.

I shivered, in spire of the desert sun. The parasite on my spine was hissing, not aggressively, but. . .sadly? That was emotion I would have thought alien to the Parakuki. All I had ever felt from it was bestial rage, and a compulsion to serve the dark one, even if I only ever had for my own reasons. Images played in my head, too fast for comprehension, and suddenly I knew what troubled him/her/it.

"The Makuta is dead," I murmured, not knowing whether I should feel jubilant or enraged, to laugh or to cry, and so kept my expression blank, unreadable, even to myself.

All I knew was that whatever came next, it wouldn't be pretty.

"Yes," Was the only reply that came from the mountainous hulk of a Toa. His expression wasn't visible to the much smaller Matoran, though even if it was, she wouldn't have gotten much from it. "This is... troublesome."

His march forward didn't slow, didn't pause from the sudden loss. It was very much a problem, though possibly not as much as it was to those who followed Makuta more... loyally as the Ba-Toa did. Oh he had been loyal, very much so, but he wasn't insane. Nor was he a mindless pawn. Yes, it was a problem, though not one that would weigh him, or his plans, down. He would still be able to salvage them, most of them, in fact. It almost worked in his favor. With the lack of a lord to control it, his Infected Kanohi was no longer compelling him to sacrifice his life to the Darkness. The lack of control may prove problematic for other's loyalties... Though that could be worked around.

"Come, we mustn't wait, not now."

He would have to watch Feongulf closely.

"That change anything." I say in a dull monotone as my mind reeled from the implications. "Or do we just carry on as planned."

I could have ran then and there, but really, my motivation for staying hadn't changed, the job just got a whole lot harder.

"Carry on as planned," Came the cold reply. There was a moment of silence as the massive Toa continued on, before his head turned to gaze down at the Matoran below. "And if you feel the sudden urge to use your newfound... "freedom"... and stab me in the back, I'd appreciate a warning before hand."

"It shouldn't end as bloody, that way."

My arms shot upward in a half-mocking gesture of surrender. "Me? stab a friend in the back? Never."

Cold, hard eyes studied the Fe-Matoran closely, though it was impossible to tell if they found anything. It was a long moment, the undercurrent of tension all but invisible, before the gigantic Toa looked away. "Good," He rumbled, his deep voice almost cheerful. He was silent after that, continuing on under the blistering suns. He didn't seem to have any trouble moving through the sand, while his armored feet barely sank into the sand. Possibly the result of his elemental power.

It wasn't long before they reached their destination, a long, rocky scar in the island. The canyon was like many others scattered throughout the Wahi of Stone, though for his own purposes, it was much different. "This way," The hulking Toa of Gravity said, breaking the long silence that had followed them for most of their trek across the desert.

I followed Onuzek down forward into the canyon as the wind blew eerily over it.

"The follower's meeting place, I assume?"

"Yes, or what remains of it," The hulking being replied as they made their way down the ravine. It was a simple matter for Onuzek, the Infected Toa simply floating down the side through the use of his elemental power. As his armored boots impacted the dusty ground below, he stopped, and waited for Feongulf. It wasn't a long wait, as climbing proved not to be a challenge for the Parakuka-latched Matoran. Without a word, or even a glance towards the Fe-Matoran, the massive Toa continued on.

It wasn't long before they reached their destination, a jagged scar in the side of the canyon, the entrance of the cave opening like the mouth of some giant rahi. A bone-chilling breeze blew out from the shadowy depths of the cave, one that froze the soul more than the body. It was an evil place, one that was forever marked with the presence of those who had inhabited it. The hulking brute of a Toa was unaffected by it, if anything, the bemused smile that seemed to be fixed on his Kanohi grew as they drew nearer.

"I'd caution you to watch your step," He stated, walking into the mouth of the cave without pause. "Many things were left, and all are best to be left undisturbed."

It was dark inside, though that was to be expected, though it wasn't like the darkness of Onu-Wahi tunnels they had come from. The darkness was oppressive, as if the shadows themselves were trying to suffocate those within their inky depths. There was enough light to see by, but it wasn't so much a glow as it was a haze. The faint sound of something slithering against the ground was multiplied by the stone walls it echoed off of. Glittering webs of crystal and silk filled the corners, though only rahi the size of a Toa would make structures so large. Lines of rusted cages filled the back part of the cave, their locks broken open and iron bars twisted aside like twigs.

The only interruption to the heavy silence was the unmistakable screech of a Kraata, even the heavy footsteps of the Ba-Toa unheard.

"Good, very good. Come my dear Feongulf, we've so much to do in little time."

I nodded, scrambling over some rocks, pausing for a second staring down into the darkened tunnel and the things moving within it, stifling a shiver both from the cold wind and the fear that sent my heartlight racing, then entered . Darkness is scary because it hides its' occupants, and the unknown is always terrifying, Whatever fell beasts skittered and hissed within yawning abyss I was stepping into were likely all the more frightening under light of day, so ignorance was for once be bliss and not an agony that seemed to me one of the few constants of my existence.

What the karz have I gotten myself into? I repeated, not for the last time.

"Karz" being all too accurate, of course.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: [Alfon & Kethrye, Ko-Koro.] ~

The battle began, and ended, as a blur of metal on metal, and screeching kraata, and blood, mostly not his, flowing and staining the ice.

Kethrye sat among the ruins, deeply contemplating the spiderweb cracks in an wall build wall, trying and failing to keep his thoughts distant from the deaths he had witnessed. At least you can keep yourself from seeming distraught on the service, Kethrye, he thought. Think up some dry retorts to use later, practice the proper reactions to the others' crazy antics, everything will turn out alright in the end.

Also, keep telling yourself that, because even if Makuta's been defeated, or whatever, things will surely get worse before they get better, and you need all the hope you can get.

A sudden hand clamping down on his shoulder paused the Ko-Toa's thoughts however, the familiar grip comforting. Pools of icy blue traced the hand all the way up until they met Alfon's face.

Cuts and bruises marred his body, his snow white cloak and scarf now stained with blood, Rahkshi and his own alike. The battle had been difficult, and its scars were fresh in his mind, apparent in his grim, almost depressed demeanour. It was not a good look for him. Yet a glint unique to him alone still shone in his eyes, subtle but definitely there, a good sign indeed. Finally, the young man looked down, his cheeks raised in a sad smile as he spoke a phrase common between the two of them.

"Glad you're not dead, Kethrye."

"You look like you've been dragged to Karzahni and back," said a man that matched his description of Alfon. He rose from his seated position, a hint of a smile playing at his lips as he turned to face the the Toa of Lightning. "Still good to see you haven't kicked the bucket yet either, though."

After a brief moment of silence Kethrye sighed. Time to start accessing the damage, and figuring out what the karz we do next, no more moping.

"Anyone else make it?"

"The only thing I'll be kicking is a bunch of dead Rahkshi." Alfon said a little triumphantly, punting one of the many fallen creatures as if on cue. Even in death however, the sons of Makuta were frightening and a sickly air surrounded their bodies, broken and shattered among many more friends than foe.

it reminded him a lot of the Hive attack.

"No clue but I dare say most of us should have. This kind of karz is practically part of our regiment at this point...do you think we won?"

"We're not dead, so I think can count this as a win."

Kethyre shrugged, staring down at the staff he had taken from the smashed corpse of a Rahkshi of Shattering in the heat of the battle. It was still clenched firmly in his fist, oozing kraata remains dripping from the blade.

He stepped forward towards the door, half leaning on the Gurrahk staff as he walked. Kethrye sighed again.

"Come on Alfon, let's go home."

"Let's keep it that way then. It'd be a shame if we started losing."

Alfon turned his head to observe the battlefield, aware for the first time of the possibility that such force may have struck the other Koros.

"Do you think Pala-Koro'll still be there for us when we get back? 'Cause Karz, I'm feeling homesick and I'd love to see Ackune forge some neat Rahkshi gear."

Kethyre grinned a tired grin. "If it isn't there any more, then we'll just have to rebuild it, won't we?"

Then shambled out into brighter morning.

IC (Ga-Wahi): Iraanus, Rhow, Destian, Mortis, Taoki, Viloz, and Kahlynn

Iraanus yanked his spear from the fallen beast's head and spun to his left, readying a zamor to fire at the next rahkshi that dared face the wrath of eight Skakdi at once. But there were none. He lowered his weapon slowly, carefully scanning the village for any sign of their foe, but the rahkshi were gone. A flash of green caught his eye as the last of the beasts dove beneath the waves.

He sighed in exhaustion, returning the zamor to his belt. Rhow was nowhere to be seen. He hoped she hadn't-

"You know, Iraanus," Rhow's voice called out, "I kinda like this place. How about you? Think we can settle down here?"

She was reclining in an abandoned hut, picking her teeth with the spine of a fallen rahkshi. Classic.

He headed over. "Yeah, sure," he laughed. "Settle down."

"I wouldn't be averse to the thought," one other Skakdi said, this one's formerly gleaming armour reduced from its old bronze to a dull brown, blood splattered on it; some his, some from the Rahkshi, some from other enemies, sentient enemies, who had attacked him along with the Rahkshi. Destian had certainly gone through some trouble.

"I've been a soldier for years; taking a break from it all would be good for my health."

Mortis rubbed his shoulder, the blood flowing down from his wounded arm. A few cuts and bruises marred his face, destroying what little semblance of humanity was left in his face. "I haven't settled down in years. We're Skakdi; we really don't have a home here. But, I guess I could get used to this, as long as there's rum somewhere around. Karz, do I need some rum."

Rhow glanced around, looking at Iraanus, then the other Skakdi, then behind her. "Well, there's seems to be a lot of water-front property...I'm sure they'd let us stay if we help clean up this mess."

Iraanus twirled his spear experimentally. "You were serious, then." His gaze followed Rhow's to the water. His element. Where he belonged. But...

"Settling down... I don't know if that's in my blood."

"It isn't in any of our blood, Iraanus," Destian growled. "Our blood calls us to battle, to fight, to gain glory through bloodshed and woundsgiving. But what we need to do is settle down..." Thoughtfully, the tall Skakdi walked down near the water, examining some of the area around.

"We need the rest, if we're to stay ready for whatever else might come our way...and a home base would be useful to have, as well."

Taoki was not one to enjoy the lilypad village, "I vote for the place where I won't drown if I take a wrong step."

He meekly scratched his neck through his scarf, "But It's not like I have anybody else to be spending my time with."

Rhow looked down, at her sprained ankle and the multiple bleeding cuts all over her body. "Well...my blood is kinda all over the place right now and I'm not really fit to move out...but we need somewhere to come home to...even if it's not really home."

Iraanus nodded slowly. "True." None of them had come out of the battle unscathed. He might not even have come out with his life if it had't been for... "Have you heard what they're saying? That some gang of Toa did our job for us. They say the dark one's dead."

"I'll believe he's dead when I see a corpse...but I believe they did defeat him." Rhow grumbled.

Destian nodded himself.

"Good to know Old Scratch is gone. Next thing you know there's going to be something just as evil, if not more so, coming up soon," he muttered, before grinning at Rhow.

"Hey, we got a good number of Rahkshi, even if we didn't get Makuta himself. I'd say we played a pretty good part."

Iraanus grin mirrored Destian's. "That we did, my friend."

"I could probably use those parts for something," Taoki said quickly, avoiding the realization that he hadn't actually fought today. He had only assisted in the mobilization of Matoran and otherwise helping people hide from the Rahkshi, "Think they'll let me take a few bodies to experiment on?"

"Heh," Iraanus grunted. "There's dozens of the things. Don't think they'll be missed much."

"And here comes the tinkerer, always ready to make our lives easier - or more dangerous - with his inventions," the bronzen-armoured Skakdi near the edge of the group proclaimed with a smile.

"I'm with Iraanus. Take what you want."

Taoki clasped his hands together, "Perfect," moving to one of the fallen Rahkshi. He reached down, gripping the wrist of one before pulling up. He turned on his heel and pulled to drag it away.

"That brings up another question, though," Iraanus said. "Take it where?"

The arm of the beast snapped out of it's socket, the full body being too heavy, Taoki almost fell on his face, "Brakas."

Taoki tipped up the end of his hat with the dismembered arm and finger of the Rahkshi to see better before pointing it at Iraanus, "That my friend, is a good question."

"Quite obviously, a place that has yet to be built, or at the least, bought," Destian replied. "We might, perhaps, want to think about that a bit more. If we settle down, what will we do, where will it be, and - this is important - how much will it cost?"

Iraanus shrugged. "How much do we have?"

Destian shrugged himself, and turned to Rhow and Viloz.

"I've got nothing." Rhow admitted. "Didn't have any when I got here, didn't earn any while here..."

She shrugged. "I guess...well, if we help the villagers rebuild, they might allow us to have a place. Or pay us for the work. Or...we have to start a business of our own."

"Ah, but how will we get a building to host that business in, or materials to start that business, depending upon what it is?" Destian asked. "After all, we would have to use money to make money, with most businesses besides mercenary work."

"We gotta earn money somehow. Don't like the idea of being a sellsword much...gonna get some unsavory clients...but...aside from construction-work...what else could we do?"

"If Viloz could gamble up some money to get food and the like, we could possibly start a restaurant, or a business in a similar vein."

"A restaurant, huh?" Iraanus grinned. "You know how to cook, Destian? You strike me as more the barmaid type."

"He minces everything," Taoki said, a smirk on his lips.

"You both strike me as the types that want their skulls mounted as trophies in whatever room I happen to stay in," the semi-insulted Skakdi warrior growled in a semi-joking manner. "I'd more likely be a bouncer, in a bar."

"The last meal I made for myself I had to kill first..." Rhow muttered, but otherwise stayed quiet. Simply because she didn't know which option would work better.

"So if we're gonna start something like that, we'll need a name. I like 'Iraanus' Bar and Grill' myself."

"I think your ego could be worked upon."

Taoki scratched his chin, "I suppose either we'll have to rely on these people's good will, or steal some cash then."

He turned the arm over, glancing back at the full body. Thoughts were already brewing, "Especially if our linguistic skills are staying where they're at right now."

"Easy boys...let's not jump straight to stealing. I guess we could do both...hire out as mercs and have a bar. How does "Great Takea" sound?"

"Corny. It's perfect."

"I've certainly got nothing better."

"As long as I get to empty some pockets, I'm happy regardless of the name," Viloz replied with a grin.

"Decent, I suppose. Though I am, you know, pretty much the only one here who can cook," was Iraanus's affirmation.

Kahlynn, having listened to the discussion but not having spoken much, nodded assent. "I like it," he said.

Mortis nodded as well. "Sounds like a plan," he said, nodding as the others decided upon how they were going to live for the next few months.

Iraanus turned back to the water as his companions murmured their agreement. "So this is home, now, huh?" he muttered softly.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now