Bionicle: Reloaded (Title subject to change)

TechnoSam

Bionicle: Reloaded

A FanFiction by TechnoSam.

Review Thread

Concept:

This fanfiction is still in its infancy. Allow me to sketch some ideas.

Q. What is this?

A. This fanfiction is a full re-write of Farshtey's Bionicle story. Except I plan to go into far more detail, and discuss darker, more mature aspects of the story.

Q. How long will this be?

A. Good question. It's looking to be about twice the original's length, and will probably take several years to write. This is no one-shot.

Q. What will be different?

A. Generally, there will just be a great deal of new content. I'm not going to change the existing content much.

Q. Examples?

A.

One big theme is how the Bionicle Universe works. This sprang from my reading of the transformation of the Toa Mata into the Toa Nuva. All of a sudden Kanohi Nuva started popping up. So I got to thinking... "What if everything was somehow... connected? The Universe is really the physical body of Mata Nui, so what bearing would that have of events?" This idea of connection will be carried through the whole story.

The Toa Nuva were only really given two adventures: The quest for the masks, and the Bohrok. (There was the Kal backlash and the Nuva masks of course, but weren't they pretty similar?) And also they had the Mask of Light movie with the Rahkshi.
In my version, they would have at least two other arcs, and the existing ones would have more content. There would be more of a connection to the rest of the series as a whole. In my mind, throwing the Rahi out there with infected Kanohi was a fairly undirected idea. It worked, but it wasn't cohesive with the further story. I'm hoping that my rendition will remove that feeling by providing a darker view of the past, and creating a more tangible forward direction.
Other notes:
I'm not a new author. I've written two other FanFiction novels for Code Lyoko, 60k and 70k words respectively, and the series is ongoing. That said, hopefully you can expect some good storytelling.
Being a new user on BZPower, I'm not familiar with the limitations of the board. I'm not even sure that I'll be able to change the topic title and may have to scrap this thread entirely when I come up with a better title. Preferably I could edit this post later on down the road to get rid of this Q and A when the story is actually going, complete with indices of each book. But I don't know how much you're allowed to edit posts on this board, so we'll see.
Why am I posting this here? Basically, I think I have a good idea, but I'm very busy. I want to know if anyone would think it is worth their time to read something like this. Otherwise I won't pull time and effort from my other series. Keeping with the rules, you can use the discussion thread to tell me your thoughts!
I read through the rules, and I didn't see anything prohibiting a post like this, but if I have broken a rule, I am sincerely sorry and hope you see the purpose of this post. Additionally, with my posts needing approval before submission, I am not immediately able to provide a link to the discussion thread.
Edited by TechnoSam

• 3 weeks later...