• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Wright Flyer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 26-January 03
  • 5,619 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 07 2013 - 11:57 PM

At the studio right now, we're working on a series of items involving famous American patented inventions. One of these happened to be the Airplane.From day one when we wrote up our list, we knew we had to build the Wright Flyer. So I broke out the PDF instructions book for the original 10124 Wright Flyer set LEGO released. But I had another goal in mind. I had to selectively scale it to 50% of that original size.That is why it's now an original model.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I didn't take too many photos, and the last three are camera phone shots. It does, however, show off the detail I put into the model and the hard work for one day's worth of full design (and redesign as it were) I put into it.This is only a sample of the work I've been doing over the past few weeks for this series of models, and I look forward to being able to share the rest in time.

MinewellSig.jpg

#2 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2013 - 09:30 AM

Wow, that is awesome. The use of beams is fantastic. I never thought that something like this could be done. Then again, pretty much everyone else at that time thought that flying was impossible.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#3 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 16-February 13
  • 2,205 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2013 - 02:16 PM

I never thought anyone will make something like this. It looks really nice like that. The use of beams and the supportive things at the end is really creative, especially how you attached them. The back looks interesting, like how it's made with the supportive beam things at the end. The front looks pretty nice as well, like how you put the front engine thing(or whatever it is). I would suggest using some pieces without studs on top, but as I pictured it it would look sort of weird.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users