Best year for little dudes.

CeeCee

Every year Bionicle releases a set of little dudes. But which one was your favorite and which is your least favorite?

I think my favorite is maybe 2007, or at least the Matoran. Only downfall was their wasnt six.

My least favorite was 2005. Thought the Rahaga were pretty boring.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Hmm i would have to say my fav year was the 2006 matoran. I've always been a sucker for sets that each have a different build. Least favorite year was 2010. I mean matoran sized sets to end the story and most were exact copies of the kardanui matoran build. although the rahkshi and skakdi sets were neat for that year

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'd say.......... the ones of Voya Nui (2006?)

And the the ones from 2001/2003

The later ones are just.... pfff... parts that are extremely difficult to MOC with and they keep breaking left right and center (sometimes on first essembly, the earlier ones never did that!!)

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

The best: I'm saying 2006. Their builds are very unique and they come with some decent weapon pieces.The worst: Probably 2009. They're really plain, boring, and unoriginal. The pre-bent limbs don't help either.

Every non-Titan set but before the Rahkshi has pre-bent limbs, yet everyone seems to love those?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

The best: I'm saying 2006. Their builds are very unique and they come with some decent weapon pieces.The worst: Probably 2009. They're really plain, boring, and unoriginal. The pre-bent limbs don't help either.

Every non-Titan set but before the Rahkshi has pre-bent limbs, yet everyone seems to love those?

before rahkshi were Unmovable. not pre-bent. :P

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Favorite: 2003 Matoran

Least favorite: The 2007 matoran. With no hands and normal sized toa feet, they just looked awkward in my opinion.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

2007. The Mahritoran were pretty awesome. For the first time they looked like they actually could stand up for themselves and didn't have to rely on any Toa.

Least favorite was 2009. Blech. They just copied the 2008 Av-Matoran, which was equally bad in terms of design. They had what, 9 parts per set, excluding weapons?

aouROFb.png

Favourite was either 2005 or 2006, because Gaaki was really fun to play with and Dalu is fun to take apart and rebuild.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Favorite: 2006; This has been said before, but they had so much personality and uniqueness.

Least favorite: 2009; They used the kardatoran builds, which in their first year were new and fresh (and had the battle for power function), however the agori just felt stale and boring.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Favorites - 2006 Voya-toran, particularly Kazi, Balta, and Dalu as one can see by my comic series and avatar. I also enjoyed the 2008 matoran, especially Tanma and Kirop.

Least Favorites - 2004 Matoran. Least efficient design ever. Movement and poseability were terrible. I also didn't really like the 2007 sets as they had the same problems.

My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

2007 was the very best, in my book. Figures had good articulation, good proportions, complex builds that reused older pieces effectively, and all but one (Sarda) had new colors for their masks. There were also the two Hydruka, which likewise were innovative and unique.In my book, 2007 more or less created the standards for Matoran proportions. But 2007 perfected the art of building within those standards.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Metru Nui Matoran on either side.

I say either the 2004 or 2006 Matoran are my favorite. The 2004 Matoran had great Kanohi, Kanoka, and combiner models. I'm taken with the quaint intentional offness of the 2006 Matoran as well.

The worst would be the 2008 Matoran. Bland colors, brittle parts, and lackluster Kanohi (I found the Shadow Matoran slightly better than the Av-Matoran). At least the Agori had cool weapons, and Zesk's tail was something.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

The 2006 Matoran were unique and individual enough to be interesting, but the actual Matoran of 2007 were pretty good as well. I wasn't so keen on the Hydruka, but the Matoran were cool.

Edited by Toa Solaran

"You must remember, young Toa, that the brightest light- casts the darkest shadow."

Starting a PBZP. Have a look at my MOCs below and PM me if you're interested.

PBZP: A B C D E F G H I J K L M M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

In progress:

Other MOCs: Tohu and Dume, Toa Salina, Tahu 2010 revamp

• 4 weeks later...

I split my affection between the Av-matoran and shadow matoran for the good guy/bad guy element and the matoran 2.0 just before the Mask of Light movie. I really loved the gear driven swivel action it made them truly apart of the Bionicle world.

My least favorite is Metruan. The legs and arms were ugly and they could have expanded the two tone to other parts like the feet or the body.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

My favourite are the Turaga from 2001. They were great.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

'06 was pretty much the best year for everything, small sets included. Hence the username and all. I... think 2006 was the only year I got all the small sets? Uh... oh wait, I have all the Rahaga too. They're pretty neat I guess. Oh, and I have the four from '07 too. They're pretty mediocre.The Turaga from '01 are cool too, though I didn't become interested in Bionicle until 2003. I only have Vakama; think I somehow managed to order him out of a LEGO catalog sometime in 2004. Guess they were clearing out their old stock or something? Kinda weird no that I think about it.

Q2TtLEz.png