"Batmobile Tumbler Minifig Scale" Reaches 10,000 on CUUSOO

At last, the Minifig-scale Tumbler has reached 10,000 supporters on CUUSOO. It took over 11 months, but this project finally advances to the review stage. You can check out LEGO's comments right over here on the CUUSOO page for the project. However, considering the quarterly reviews and development take a while, you might have to wait a bit before you can actually buy it.View the full article

Wasn't a minifig scale batmobile/Tumbler just released with an official set not too long ago? Why would people vote to produce another one when there are far more unique models that we can get through CUUSOO?

There's one in the 76001 'The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase'. It's not black though, nor as good a likeness as the CUUSOO one. That said, I don't know if at that size it'll work well on its own. Maybe if it came with unique minifigures or something.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

That's a nifty CGI model, but I prefer CUUSUU things that are 1) physical and 2) not a licensed theme, so I really hope this doesn't go through to the final stage. -CF

What difference does it make if the main image is CGI? For the record, the builder HAS built this with physical bricks — both in its black and camo color schemes. It seems kind of arbitrary to want a model to fail just because you're biased against the way the builder chose to present it. The merits of the model are far more important to the quality of an eventual product than its initial presentation, even if better presentation will cause a model to gain support more rapidly. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I remember voting for this; good to see it get there.

Wasn't a minifig scale batmobile/Tumbler just released with an official set not too long ago? Why would people vote to produce another one when there are far more unique models that we can get through CUUSOO?

Pretty sure this was started before that. :shrugs: They very well may use that criteria to reject it; we'll see.

That's a nifty CGI model, but I prefer CUUSUU things that are 1) physical and 2) not a licensed theme, so I really hope this doesn't go through to the final stage. -CF

What difference does it make if the main image is CGI? For the record, the builder HAS built this with physical bricks — both in its black and camo color schemes. It seems kind of arbitrary to want a model to fail just because you're biased against the way the builder chose to present it. The merits of the model are far more important to the quality of an eventual product than its initial presentation, even if better presentation will cause a model to gain support more rapidly.

I would even argue CGI is generally better since you could go beyond the limits of your personal piece collection. Although that goes both ways. Basically whichever medium has the parts you need works.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Cuusoo seems to have turned into a popularity contest for various possible licensed themes. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it seems like a waste of potential when there are good non-licensed ideas out there, just waiting to be turned into viable products.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Cuusoo seems to have turned into a popularity contest for various possible licensed themes. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it seems like a waste of potential when there are good non-licensed ideas out there, just waiting to be turned into viable products.

For the record, this one isn't a "possible" licensed theme, it's an existing licensed theme, which means this isn't all that different from any example of "building within a theme" where you're basing your model off of something somebody else already designed, like a space shuttle for LEGO City or a sports car for LEGO Technic.Non-licensed proposals have a harder time for various reasons. First of all, it's often harder to predict what the final model might look like if it's not connected with a familiar design, whether that be a design from pop culture or, say, a brand of vehicle. If there's a real-world or fictional subject to compare it to, people have a good idea what a model is supposed to look like and can judge it according to how well it achieves that goal.Additionally, licensed proposals can usually tap into a ready-made community of supporters, whereas non-licensed LEGO fans are disparate in their interests. Even among LEGO Space fans there's a huge range of interests and preferences, which will feed into how a particular model is judged.There are plenty of great non-licensed proposals out there, but the pool of people who can commit to buying them as sets before seeing a finalized model is often fewer than the number of people who would buy a model of their favorite vehicle, place of business, character, or movie scene for its novelty value alone. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time