BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

wew, plot.

I've been gone for a couple days. Did I miss something?

Ghosthands finally started posting somewhat regularly with Echelon. Which means about a 500% boost to the plots speed of movement.

• Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

But still no mangai quest ;-;

I have it on good authority that there are plans laid out for that. ;)

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Hold on, does Dark Magnetism allow for autohits?  Not trying to point fingers or anything, I'm just... curious.  And mildly worried.  @_@

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Hold on, does Dark Magnetism allow for autohits?  Not trying to point fingers or anything, I'm just... curious.  And mildly worried.  @_@

It's not so much the power itself as Echelon's status as a staff character.  Considering he's an arc villain, it would slow down the plot (not to mention decrease his status) if Ghost had to play out every potential encounter with a challenger.

That's not to say he's invincible--it's to say that you should be smart when planning to take down major villains.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

It's not so much the power itself as Echelon's status as a staff character.  Considering he's an arc villain, it would slow down the plot (not to mention decrease his status) if Ghost had to play out every potential encounter with a challenger.

That's not to say he's invincible--it's to say that you should be smart when planning to take down major villains.

Cutscene power versus actual gameplay is the best way to sum this up. In an actual combat engagement, Echelon is bound by most of the same rules as other characters. In an instance like this, where the action undertaken is not for combat or similar reasons and staying put would actively slow down the plot, some bending of the rules is permissible for a staff character.

Also, it's generally considered bad form to use magnetism powers directly against people, even if they aren't immune like rahkshi are. But yes, importance of the plot trumps niceties.

This is a nonfactor. Affecting people directly has been a stock tool of Echelon's Dark Magnetism since the day it was introduced.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Since I realized that least one person in the Rahkshi hunter group is not in the Skype group and I can't remember if there are any others I'm posting this here.

In the interest of not wasting more time doing what amounts to a whole lot of nothing in Ta-koro we are going to perform another timeskip. Either right to Kini or until after we have all the stuff we need and are ready to move out.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I was under the impression that Tiokaha bearing the Mark of Roth could only manipulate their own blood and not the blood of other beings, be they alive or dead.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I was under the impression that Tiokaha bearing the Mark of Roth could only manipulate their own blood and not the blood of other beings, be they alive or dead.

That was his blood.

He sliced himself earlier in a pathetic attempt to impress Yenroot.

Edited by Ghidora131

Well guys I'm ba-

Oh wait no Mangai quest update?

Well see ya again in another 4 months.

The Mangai Quest should start moving again in the next couple weeks.  Ghosthands has other stuff to take care of now.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

That was his blood.

He sliced himself earlier in a pathetic attempt to impress Yenroot.

Oh.

My Bad.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Speaking of the plot, what will happen to the RPG when it does eventually reach the end of the story? Will it just end? Will it be allowed to continue under the steam of the playerbase? Will it be restarted? What?

• Upvote 1

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Individual stories and staff teams may come and go, but the BZPRPG itself will exist as long as there are people who want to play it. The current arc will soon (touch wood) be over, but the plot will continue, bringing with it new locations and new adventures.

Unrelated: as of today my winter exams are finished, so I'll be getting more involved with the game once more. As Mel said, tying up the Mangai Quest is high on my list. :)

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

[4:29:07 AM] Chinese Tyler St. Francis: No matter how bad it gets, at least it's not the Santun War.

Let's not talk about that.

• Upvote 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Okay, now I'm interested.  What was the Santun War?

*bunkers down*

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

All,

Although I have enjoyed my time in the BZPRPG, it must draw to a close.

All of my characters are up for grabs; just say you want it and it is yours. First come, first served.

Thank you.

It's been fun RPing with you, no matter how infrequently it has been.

Good luck on future endeavours.

-

Now uh, I'm incredibly sorry for being irresponsible towards all the interaction thingies I've ignored.

Will try and be a bit more regular.

Okay, now I'm interested.  What was the Santun War?

*bunkers down*

It happened in the original incarnation of the BZPRPG, which is seen as the good old days, the bad old old days, or somewhere in between depending on who you ask.

In that incarnation the Great Beings were six deities, each one based off of a certain primordial element. The Great Being of Chaos made an entire species of beings constructed purely out of her personal element. They were called the Santun. Some stuff happened and they eventually went wild, traveling from universe to universe and spreading so much chaos that the places would collapse around them. Eventually they found the bubble of reality in which the original BZPRPG resided and attacked. The ensuing conflict was known as the Santun War and ended with a sentient black hole fighting the leader of the Santun, who was actually an extremely powerful being made by one of the other Great Beings. He had just eaten/absorbed the interuniversal ship that the Santun used to travel.

Back then there was no real limits to how powerful you could make your character and people tended to pick up even more ablities as they went along. Even Echelon would be high-middle tier at best. As you can guess it was pretty crazy, the Great Beings had to shunt everybody into a pocket dimension while they repaired the place when it was over.

• Upvote 6

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

It happened in the original incarnation of the BZPRPG, which is seen as the good old days, the bad old old days, or somewhere in between depending on who you ask.

In that incarnation the Great Beings were six deities, each one based off of a certain primordial element. The Great Being of Chaos made an entire species of beings constructed purely out of her personal element. They were called the Santun. Some stuff happened and they eventually went wild, traveling from universe to universe and spreading so much chaos that the places would collapse around them. Eventually they found the bubble of reality in which the original BZPRPG resided and attacked. The ensuing conflict was known as the Santun War and ended with a sentient black hole fighting the leader of the Santun, who was actually an extremely powerful being made by one of the other Great Beings. He had just eaten/absorbed the interuniversal ship that the Santun used to travel.

Back then there was no real limits to how powerful you could make your character and people tended to pick up even more ablities as they went along. Even Echelon would be high-middle tier at best. As you can guess it was pretty crazy, the Great Beings had to shunt everybody into a pocket dimension while they repaired the place when it was over.

It's also worth noting that a few major players in this war went missing just as it hit the climax.

...not that I'm bitter or anything.

Edited by Mel
  • Upvote 4

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Mel here played the Chaos GB if I remember correctly.

Nope, that was someone else. The GB I played was related to Defiance (free will, opposite of fate, all that jazz). It sometimes took the form of an adorable, fluffy kitten.

I also had a custom species, the Vyshanakan, who if I say so were one of the few that didn't manage to be overpowered.

• Upvote 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Right, my apologies. I've seen so many people go through here over the last ten or so years that they start to blend together in my head.

• Upvote 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

It was really after 2010 that crazy power levels finally settled down.

And even the post-reboot New BZPRPG had the meteor drop.

The meteor drop doesn't count. We'd never have seen it if it weren't for Lloyd and Kini trying to steal back Dreenan from Joske. That was a staff punitive measure.

Even with Xa-Kuta, NBZP played it really, really safe in comparison to anything from the old BZPRPG.

Aside from BDSM Zero suits. And Grokk and Zaria h-holding hands

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Right, my apologies. I've seen so many people go through here over the last ten or so years that they start to blend together in my head.

(Ignore the fact that he joined in 2011. He was lurking for about six years. Because he sucked at making an account.)

I blame BZP's former hatred of Gmail. Not even my emails to B6 got through.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1