BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Whoooaaaaa

Okay so I know I haven't played the RPG in like eighty five years, but I just had a sweet idea.

What if Kulta was introduced as a new villain threatening the island by resurrecting past characters who had died?

There could be this whole thing where characters that were killed come back as servants of evil, but they could still be playable characters, it's just that now their allegiances have to be evil and they either become twisted versions of themselves or simply have to answer to Kulta no matter their personality.

Could be kinda fun lol. Evil Matoro? Wacky but cool.

Whoooaaaaa

Okay so I know I haven't played the RPG in like eighty five years, but I just had a sweet idea.

What if Kulta was introduced as a new villain threatening the island by resurrecting past characters who had died?

There could be this whole thing where characters that were killed come back as servants of evil, but they could still be playable characters, it's just that now their allegiances have to be evil and they either become twisted versions of themselves or simply have to answer to Kulta no matter their personality.

I can dig it. Though he'd have to be canonized differently than his G2 incarnation. Maybe some Antidermis seeped into the ground, into burial grounds? Maybe the Piraka were burrowing around Mangaia, and they found Kulta? Interesting possibilities.

It'd be cool to see other aspects of G2 come into the BZPRPG. 

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

Whoooaaaaa

I can dig it. Though he'd have to be canonized differently than his G2 incarnation. Maybe some Antidermis seeped into the ground, into burial grounds? Maybe the Piraka were burrowing around Mangaia, and they found Kulta? Interesting possibilities.

It'd be cool to see other aspects of G2 come into the BZPRPG. 

I'm not staff, and I'm far from being any form of expert or any where near knowledgeable about Bionicle but given the fact that G1 has a lot of rich lore to pull from, I don't expect anything from G2 being used in the BZPRPG.

• Upvote 3

Pretty sure that the RPG was going to be kept G1 exclusive.

Basides the staff already have at least the next arc planned out. Anything like that would have to come in some time down the line.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Whoooaaaaa

There are seven different areas with seven different topics, all of them must be monitored in order for the RPG to run. Adding in an incredibly complicated factor is the last thing the staff wants.

However, nobody's stopping you from crafting your own RPG based around that mechanic.

To echo what everyone else has said, because they pretty much covered it, the idea is neat. However it would be exceptionally complicated to implement on a large scale, especially making sure people adhered to the mechanics instead of just using it to revive PCs long gone, and we just don't have the time to keep track of it all. And that's without considering that the next arc is settled, and the one after that has had some groundwork discussed already.

Kulta would be a variable that we would have to somehow explain. He doesn't mesh with anything that has been established, because he is fundamentally not a part of the universe the BZPRPG exists in. We can't fall back on explaining him as a Makuta, because there is only the Makuta. We'd have to scrap a good few years of planning to explain something from G2 existing in a first generation universe.

To be perfectly honest, we'd really just make something up at that point. G2 is pretty thin on lore to draw from for BZPRPG purposes.

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about hopping back into an Rpg on these forums, and I wanted to get some of your feedback. I haven't been in any rpgs here for about two years, and I kind of want to try to get into the BZPRPG if I can. Is it as active as it was? Is the story still moving forward? I read the plot background on the starter's topic, along with the rules. Any other background info I should know?

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about hopping back into an Rpg on these forums, and I wanted to get some of your feedback. I haven't been in any rpgs here for about two years, and I kind of want to try to get into the BZPRPG if I can. Is it as active as it was? Is the story still moving forward? I read the plot background on the starter's topic, along with the rules. Any other background info I should know?

The plot background, if I remember correctly, is up to date on all of the big stuff. Some small things have occurred since it was last updated, but nothing critical springs to mind. 

As for activity, that's a trickier question. It's about as active as it has been for three years. Admittedly, said three years were slower than the preceding three years, but that's because... Well. The staff side of things has seen a lot of changes in those three years. The plot is moving now, and will continue to do so until the end of this arc. Which, given the rate things are moving at, should finally be on schedule.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

So I'm guessing I'm the first old-timer to come check this out in a while, haha. Well, thanks for the responses! Glad to see that some of you are still on here. Anyone recommend a specific species or Koro to start out in?

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I think a lot of it isn't the staff, it's the player base. Not all too many people are playing it these days.

To be perfectly honest, it's finals season for people in college and late fourth quarter for people in high school. I'm surprised we have as much activity as we do. Things should pick up again with both summer and the next arc.

Hopefully those two events won't be far apart.

So I'm guessing I'm the first old-timer to come check this out in a while, haha. Well, thanks for the responses! Glad to see that some of you are still on here. Anyone recommend a specific species or Koro to start out in?

Ga-Koro, as mentioned, is pretty active right now. Ta-Koro wouldn't be a bad choice, and neither would Le. Onu and Po are a little slow, and Ko has been conquered by villains.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Okay, so, I just got a custom species approved! Introducing

ZE ARAKA!

These guys come from an unrealistically dangerous island full of murderous Rahi, and have in part come to Mata Nui after hearing of an island where walking outside without being armed to the teeth isn't suicide. Stuff is as follows:

SPECIES NAME: Araka

ELEMENTS: Instead of following the usual elemental list, Araka 'elements' are best compared to the Kanoka powers.

>Reconstitute at Random allows a limited degree of morphing other objects. This is limited to morphing the shape of the object, not transmuting it, and requires physical contact The level of control the Araka has depends on their concentration. Tend to be primarily purple or green.

>Freeze is similar in some respects to Ice, but more direct and requires physical contact. Allows for creation of ice on contact and control of how it forms, but cannot manipulate pre-existing Ice. Ice made through Freeze is difficult to thaw or break and is best dealt with using a Freeze Araka's help.

>Weaken is pretty self-explanatory, the Araka weakens a target physically, or hits a structure's integrity. Extended use can weaken the Araka, though. Tend to be varying shades of desaturated blues.

>Shrink and Enlarge are one power. Similar in effect to that one mask I forget the name of. Can only be applied to the Araka with the power. Tend to be reds and oranges.

>Remove Poison is pretty self-explanatory, but a skilled user can extend or even worsen the effects of poison if they so wish. This cannot inflict poison in someone who is not already poisoned, however. Tend to be various purples and reds.

>Regenerate allows the regenerating and repairing of inanimate objects. Cannot repair other beings, however, or the user. Tend to be quite strongly green.

>Teleport allows the user to teleport. They can only teleport to places they can see or clearly remember. Overuse exhausts the Araka arguably the most. Often shades of aqua or turquoise.

APPEARANCE: Araka stand roughly as tall as Toa, generally slightly smaller. They stand on digitigrade legs and their arms appear slightly too long. Their hands are clawed, but these claws can't be used to much effect in combat and are mostly for show. Araka have pupil less eyes and sharp teeth, but otherwise their heads are very similar in appearance to that of Toa or Matoran. They mostly follow color schemes representing their 'element', and these can often be mistaken for being one of the regular elements, much to their chagrin. Their armor varies from individual to individual, but they tend to wear at least some form of bodily protection. Instead of Kanohi masks, Araka wear bulky helmets that cover most of their faces, which may be adorned with small decorations or have engravings.

ABILITIES: As stated above, Araka possess powers related to the base Kanoka powers. Araka are roughly as strong as Toa on average, but lack normal elemental powers. They can wear Kanohi, but cannot use their powers. Most Araka technology is nothing special, but ranged weapons(bows, crossbows, even throwing spears) are often preferred by the species.

OTHER: Even though they're not a warlike species, Araka are known for carrying many weapons of various kinds, having to contend daily on their homeland with incredibly dangerous Rahi.

If y'all wanna make one but wanna ask something, feel free to PM me.

• Upvote 11

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!