BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

You are more likely to get a very polite "Shut up and sit down, we will get to it" than a post if you keep spamming the same thing like that.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Which would be fine had the quest not started almost two years ago.

And just over two weeks since I mentioned that the Mangai wrap-up was on my list now.

I understand your irritation, the Mangai Quest went on far too long. As did the last two quest attempts, one staff and one not, that came before it. Both of which I also handled wrapping up. It hasn't gone unnoticed, and we've elected to retire the concept. It worked well in the past, but it doesn't now.

But knowing there's an issue doesn't mean we can fix it immediately. We have lives, and as much as this game genuinely is a priority, those lives still come first. And they've been hectic for the entire staff team lately.

My life, in particular, has had a whole heck of a lot going on. I say that not for your sympathy nor your apology, but to try and get you to understand that we are working on it despite what you might think. Mentioning it in the Discussion topic constantly will not make me work any faster, and in fact will make me irritated. Not to mention the fact that saying it here is not even communication. If you wanted to talk about it, there are several ways to get in touch with us more directly.

Spamming it here is just shouting in a room hoping someone gets irritated enough to give you what you want.

Edited by Peele
  • Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I get that staff have other stuff on their plate, I do.

It just gets irritating when there's so little feedback as to what's going on besides 'we're working on it'.

I admit I'm a little irritable lately and that I shouldn't vent on you guys but there's a huge disconnect between players and staff that I think is a big problem!

Now maybe it's because I'm not in the right circles or something?

I don't know.

I'm just super frustrated, and this was a pretty passive aggressive way to show it. And for that, I apologize.

• Upvote 1

Have you ... asked for feedback?

Like, so you want a quest to move right?

Staff says: "yeah we on it man no problemo".

So you go okay.

Then you come in again and go "staff post pls".

Your reply'd be "seriously man we're working on it".

But then you go "staff post when".

What we got here is a lack of communication. That's probably the disconnect you're seeing.

You're not like, asking them for that feedback.

Or what's keeping them.

Communicate instead of going "post nao".

EDIT: and on the "post nao" front, I really need to remember how to write as Naona.

Edited by 25K When?
  • Upvote 2

It just gets irritating when there's so little feedback as to what's going on besides 'we're working on it'.

Honestly there's not much else to say, but I really do understand (and am primarily responsible for) your frustration, so I'll clarify the situation as best I can.

Simply put, the end of the Mangai Quest has been the single worst case of writer's block I've ever experienced. As the encounter with the creature progressed, I found myself struggling more and more to think of what I should write next and how to give the PCs involved as much agency as possible in the quest's denouement. Even after I decided, after much delay, to wrap everything up in one post, writing that post became the new problem. I found it very hard to sit down and work on it, and when I did, I could barely churn out a paragraph at a time. As weeks turned into months I felt more and more guilty for not having got it done, and that in turn made it yet harder to write.

With hindsight, I should have let someone else take over a long time ago. More than one person offered to do so, but I said no. I've always found it difficult to let go of anything I consider to be my brainchild (e.g. the Wiki, Echelon plot posts...) and this was no different. A few weeks ago I finally recognised that it was going nowhere, and handed the reins over to Krayzikk, who has very kindly agreed to write the wrap-up post in line with my bare-bones outline.

I admit I'm a little irritable lately and that I shouldn't vent on you guys but there's a huge disconnect between players and staff that I think is a big problem!

Now maybe it's because I'm not in the right circles or something?

I don't know.

This, however, I have trouble understanding. What disconnect is that? We reply to PMs. We respond here in N&D. And we're pretty much always reachable on Skype. And more broadly, I like to think that we've always made an effort to put the player-base first: to keep the plot open to player involvement, to balance what's fun for the individual with what's fair for the group, and to be receptive to feedback and concerns.

Perhaps what you're perceiving as a 'disconnect' is actually just that we're not around as much as we used to be. As Krayzikk says, life has been hectic for each member of the team. In my case, my university studies not only take up a lot of my time, but also use up most of my motivation and creativity. I had hoped that I'd be able to make up some ground over the summer, but I ended up working full-time for pretty much the entire holiday, so that didn't really happen.

And I don't think it's something that's confined to the staff, either. As a whole, the BZPRPG's player-base is ageing. As we get older, we get busier — and not only that, but we also begin to expect stronger narratives and more nuanced characters. All of that makes a game like this more difficult to maintain.

The staff team are committed to keeping the BZPRPG going, rest assured. We're hoping that the upcoming arc transition will be a much-needed shot in the arm. Krayzikk, our long-suffering dogsbody (<3), is heading that up too, so please be patient on both that and the Mangai front. I'll be catching up with my own most pressing responsibilities (i.e. getting the Infernavika underway) in the near future.

I'm just super frustrated, and this was a pretty passive aggressive way to show it. And for that, I apologize.

And I owe you and everyone else involved an apology, both for the quest specifically and for my inactivity in general.

And to everyone: as Hubert says, if something is bothering you, please do talk to us. We'll listen.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 10

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I can't second what Ghost said enough. As much as we joke about my PM inbox being full, I generally keep it open and I'm easily reached here, on Skype, or heck, even through email.

We're happy to talk.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Erm we were pretty close to them considering we had visited the shops we're at almost immediately upon entering the koro. North west of Po Koro is a bunch of rivers and the ocean as far as I can tell. Dunno if there's any landmarks over thar.

OK, cool. I ask because Darth Kranie just put a character through the gates, and I was thinking that maybe we could interact with him.

And you never know. There just might be something to the northwest; the point of playing this game is to use our imaginations, after all.

Maybe you could...maybe you could.

I have no idea what to do with that character right now so interacting with you guys would be great.

Edited by Koala Kranan

Erm we were pretty close to them considering we had visited the shops we're at almost immediately upon entering the koro. North west of Po Koro is a bunch of rivers and the ocean as far as I can tell. Dunno if there's any landmarks over thar.

OK, cool. I ask because Darth Kranie just put a character through the gates, and I was thinking that maybe we could interact with him.

And you never know. There just might be something to the northwest; the point of playing this game is to use our imaginations, after all.

Maybe you could...maybe you could.

I have no idea what to do with that character right now so interacting with you guys would be great.

Well Konihi himself has not motive to meet with your char, so if you want that top happen you should do it yourself or get Cap's char Gairu to notice you.

While I'm 90% sure that there were originally more people on the train nobody has posted there for a couple days. If nobody speaks up asking for more time I'm going to post tomorrow afternoon.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Like I said, I wanted to go last.

I've just been waiting for everyone else to whip something up so Taranis and Tenjin could inevitably make their move.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well part of the reason for the posting cycle is that everything is more or less happening at once. Unless you plan on passing this time around I would suggest you post soon.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well at this point I'm mostly just wondering why she helped her crazy Makuta worshiper brother dispose of the body in the first place.

And why she thought that sticking it behind an old smithy counted as disposal.

• Upvote 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Am I the only one who wants to give Tuara a hug?

No :(

Well at this point I'm mostly just wondering why she helped her crazy Makuta worshiper brother dispose of the body in the first place.

And why she thought that sticking it behind an old smithy counted as disposal.

gotta love  f a m i l y ♫ 

and there ARE more details in the hiding - but the information of a missing recruit and a general location is enough to raise some alarms

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Oh, hey there. It appears as though I have returned.

I've been gone for a long, long time, so I don't expect to be filled in on everything, but I hope to get back into the groove of things eventually. Dang, I missed you guys! 

I'm looking to start off as fresh as possible. I wont be super active due to my schedule, but I'm shooting for consistency at the very least. I'm bringing back Cadmus as my main PC, and possibly Vail, however the rest will probably stay dead. From what I've heard, The Outsiders sort of dwindled out after a while so I don't have any high expectations at all in that regard. I'll be using Cadmus to jam with Gear for the time being, but if anyone's interested in starting something up, feel free to contact me via Skype or PM. 

Also, fair warning, I've been away so long that my memory will likely be quite hazy on a lot of things, so try to bear with me as I regain consciousness as a convenient amnesiac in need of CD. 

~Requiem

• Upvote 3

Ghidora and I were actually working on something as far as The Outsiders were concerned. We even got back in touch with Jakura and were talking about the possibility of getting him active again as well.

It's been slow recently, which is mostly my fault, since I've been dragging my heels as far as getting Verulas back to Obsidian is concerned, but hopefully, I'll have something up within the next week or so. So far, the entire concept is pretty much just a group of mercs (Spectre, Xhalia, Maldrakk, Marauder, and possibly Cryptic to be specific) cruising their way around the island and going on a recruiting spree (that may or may not include the occasional and totally unpreventable explosion or two), but if all goes according to plan, hopefully it'll get some more people interested enough in the organisation as a whole to actually join up.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ghidora and I were actually working on something as far as The Outsiders were concerned. We even got back in touch with Jakura and were talking about the possibility of getting him active again as well.

It's been slow recently, which is mostly my fault, since I've been dragging my heels as far as getting Verulas back to Obsidian is concerned, but hopefully, I'll have something up within the next week or so. So far, the entire concept is pretty much just a group of mercs (Spectre, Xhalia, Maldrakk, Marauder, and possibly Cryptic to be specific) cruising their way around the island and going on a recruiting spree (that may or may not include the occasional and totally unpreventable explosion or two), but if all goes according to plan, hopefully it'll get some more people interested enough in the organisation as a whole to actually join up.

Like Tim said, we're trying to get things rolling again in Ko for the most part. Since I'm in contact with Jakura almost every day I'll try to get a little more in-depth with his level of interest.

And Tim, you're going to have to make the first post there in Ko, since Maldrakk has no idea where he's going in regards to Obsidian, and I can't just timeskip him there and magic the rest of it out.

Attention please

Things are kinda slow around here right around this time. It happens, pretty regularly since our player base is often pretty busy with exams and all of that fun stuff around this time of the year.

With this in mind, and with the blessing of the staff, I've decided to try my hand at running a quest.

That's right, I have a little something cooked up. I may or may not be able to guarantee shiny toys as part of the deal, but I can give you something to cut your teeth on while we wait for things to get a little more exciting around here.

Interested parties should make their way to Onu-Wahi. The whole thing will start Tomorrow at 4 PM (EST). I think that's a decent timeframe for letting people get moving to where they need to go for this.

I'm willing to go so far as to promise that I'll do my best to make sure this won't lead to another dead end. I'm not planning on making it particularly long, but that might change depending on how many get involved.

So, three cheers for fun and excitement, shall we?

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

uhm, would a few details be okay? So, we uh, know whats goin on so we dont bring a villain on a quest to save the world or something.

Anyone outside of straight-up evil is probably perfectly fine. You won't be saving the world, but you will hopefully be catching some criminals. This isn't meant to be completely serious, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about how much your character leans in a certain direction.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Sounds like something for Dahrak to do.

He's the only one I have free, unfortunately.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

[...]

I would definitely be up for renewing the outsiders tbh. It's been a while since I've done anything BZPRPG-related, so I'd be happy to give you a hand.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

Awesome. The more, the merrier.

Seeing as to how there will actually be active Outsiders hanging out around Obsidian in the future, we can probably work on busting Mura's group out of inactivity as well, since everyone inside quite literally insisted on giving them the... cold shoulder.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: