BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

*Casually checks the topic after two+ years of inactivity*

Huh... this arc has ended. Neato. Looking forward to the next one and hopefully getting some of my characters back up and running.

Will there be a summary for the finale of the arc posted at somepoint?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

based and wackpilled

1 hour ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

I didn't even know this game had arcs! I'm so excited for what's next. It's been a wild ride catching up.

and real shoutouts to this dude right here, helping me find my footing getting back into this game after, what, my fourth hiatus from it or something?

you've been great, man, can't wait to see you really hit your stride

• Like 6

helo frens

14 hours ago, Eyru said:

Wow, Tyler and Ghost (and Nuju, I see you there) have really taken it to the next level with these plot posts. Some fantastic writing happening! Great job guys.

And I always wondered what happened to Grokk. After his mad spree through the topics, I remember his last post ending with him being needed for one last thing before he could truly die, but the "one last thing" never happened. At the time, I just thought Nuju forgot about it. I've never been happier to see that I was wrong.

:crying:

Speaking for Grokk and myself, he's touched to be remembered.

• Like 4

test2.png

I remember Grokk.

It's hard to forget the first character you ever interact with. 

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

8 hours ago, Razgriz said:

and real shoutouts to this dude right here, helping me find my footing getting back into this game after, what, my fourth hiatus from it or something?

you've been great, man, can't wait to see you really hit your stride

Wow, thanks! You've really helped me get in the swing of posting recently too. Been learning a lot about this game from you all. 

• Like 3

Happy chat.

I think I speak for all the staff when I say I still can't quite believe we did it, after all this time.

Now, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to Tyler and Nuju for helping me give Echelon such a send-off. He won't be missed, but I like to think he'll be remembered.

Echelon was one of my longest-running characters, and perhaps the one I've been best known for. He originated in the NBZP, not long after I arrived in the RPG forum, as a Xa-Kuta black mage. For the BZIII, I reinvented him somewhat by merging his character concept with that of a Toa of Magnetism I'd also had running around, and slapping on a Tryna for good measure, resulting in the Echelon we've known for the last eight (!) years.

Having played him for so long, and poured most of my villainous ideas into him, I was pretty attached to him as a character. But in more recent years, his flaws became more evident to me (thanks in part to a fair amount of teasing from Ty and Krayz) — he was an amalgam of quite a lot of villain tropes, many of them on the melodramatic side; and he'd also managed to amass a rather extreme powerset. Even before Dark Magnetism and Mind Control, he was notorious as my vehicle for pushing (and some might say crossing) the limits of what was fair use of elemental Magnetism in PvP.

Over the years, I thought a lot about what should motivate him beyond a simple lust for power, and eventually I developed the motivation you saw laid bare in recent posts: a deep-seated fear of death, and a resulting desire to escape mortality and flesh-and-blood form. I'd like to think that made him a bit more interesting than the moustache-twirler he started out as. And as I developed this motivation I began to accept what Tyler had been telling me for years: Echelon had to die. At first I accepted this half-heartedly, with the caveat that he could return later in some spectral form — I enjoyed writing him too much to let him go forever. But talking to Ty and Nuju about the end-of-arc plans helped me to realise that actually, this could be the perfect ending to his character arc: to fail and to die, not just at the very climax of his mad search for immortality, but as a direct consequence of it. This was exactly the poetic justice he deserved.

So thank you for that, you two, and also for giving me so much creative freedom as we wrote up this monster slew of posts: for letting me tweak dialogue and description until Echelon's voice sounded just right to me. Jamming up the confrontation and fight in the Vault with Ty is one of the most satisfying things I've done in this game, and Nuju's final post in Kini tied it all up beautifully. I'm really honoured to have had this character of mine feature so heavily in this arc's main plot, and to have been able to use it to end his journey in such a spectacular fashion.

Echelon was a villain I dreamed up when I was 16. Now I'm free to write new villains that I find compelling at 24. So I guess I'm also saying...watch out.

Oh, and keep your eyes peeled on the wrap-up topic. Kini-Nui has a little more to tell.

• Like 15

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'm so glad we made it. Reading these banger staff posts, I realized how much I loved writing alongside you all, you beautiful s you are. Gabe, Ty, Krayz, Aaron, all of you, thank you for all your hard work. And to the rest of you, it's been a long journey, but here we are. Let's do everything we dreamed of in what comes.

• Like 8

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Wrap up topic is only going to be around for a couple weeks, then we get a timeskip. It's really not the place to be doing something that can easily take a month to finish.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That’s assuming you know everything about the jails and either have the ability to play your own opposition or that the opposition will be played by someone with the time and ability to write quickly with you. The issue is that neither of these are true. 

1 minute ago, The Forge of Artakha said:

LOL. Wait I just realized, the problem would be if we drag the interactions for along period of time. What if we could make many posts in a short period of time?

14 minutes ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

I know right

life is suffering

That's not what is primarily at issue. That is part of it, the wrapup topic is not intended for ongoing play as indicated in the first post. What is more at issue is that what you have been doing doesn't actually work. I was working up a PM to address the issue, but you've managed to get out before I could finish it.

I can still finish it to explain in greater depth, if you would like, but presently your options boil down to retconning the departure from the cell, orrrrr I'll actually play out the Ta-Koro Guard end of things. Which won't go particularly well.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable, but you've blazed through faster than I could address it. And I believe that one of your fellow players was already trying to warn you against this, as well.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Just now, EmperorWhenua said:

That’s assuming you know everything about the jails and either have the ability to play your own opposition or that the opposition will be played by someone with the time and ability to write quickly with you. The issue is that neither of these are true. 

Fair point. Guess we bit off more than we could chew. Although to be fair, prison breaks generally go unnoticed until they are gone, successful ones that is others get a beating and get thrown back in their cell.

9 minutes ago, Krayzikk said:

That's not what is primarily at issue. That is part of it, the wrapup topic is not intended for ongoing play as indicated in the first post. What is more at issue is that what you have been doing doesn't actually work. I was working up a PM to address the issue, but you've managed to get out before I could finish it.

I can still finish it to explain in greater depth, if you would like, but presently your options boil down to retconning the departure from the cell, orrrrr I'll actually play out the Ta-Koro Guard end of things. Which won't go particularly well.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable, but you've blazed through faster than I could address it. And I believe that one of your fellow players was already trying to warn you against this, as well.

Nah, you're not being unreasonable I get it, I just didn't understand the whole picture, it's cool. But, ah... what now? I personally am fine with staying but @Daniel the Finlander kinda wanted to get his character out before the next arc is there way to get his out? Wouldn't have wanted to cause trouble for him with the crazy escape.  

Edited by The Forge of Artakha

Ah yes, if you're in prison you can't get out no matter what you do. I now remember how my first character spent several irl months there before i abandoned him because apparently prisons are meant to be inescapable.

No one has warned me against the prison break thing. I've only been told about having extended roleplay in the topic.

"I was working up a PM to address the issue"

It's been like a day, how long does it take to write a PM? the only ones i've received were from Forge and Gear. Apparently Forge did receive a PM from staff, which is weird because he didn't even start the whole thing.

Whatever, speaking of PMs I will now take the roleplay to PMs.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles