BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I'm not privy to exactly what was discussed already, only what I am explaining now. An imprisoned character is difficult to get out. That's by design, because village forces are under the direction of players as much as the PCs that lead them. It's not supposed to be easy to get out. A jailbreak isn't against the rules, but the manner in which you have gone about it does run contrary both to courtesy in dealing with village forces, and directly goes against the Common Sense Guide's section on NPCs. 

Neither of which do I think either of you intended to violate, you didn't know. Which is why I'm offering the choice to retcon it. 

As for Forge, he wasn't PMed by staff; he was PMed by a more experienced player who wanted to nudge things before I had to do something. It has been a day, the day after I finished my part in the sprint to finish this six year old arc. I was taking a frankly well deserved breather.

You can retcon, or I can assume control of the Ta-Koro Guards.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

3 minutes ago, Krayzikk said:

I'm not privy to exactly what was discussed already, only what I am explaining now. An imprisoned character is difficult to get out. That's by design, because village forces are under the direction of players as much as the PCs that lead them. It's not supposed to be easy to get out. A jailbreak isn't against the rules, but the manner in which you have gone about it does run contrary both to courtesy in dealing with village forces, and directly goes against the Common Sense Guide's section on NPCs. 

Neither of which do I think either of you intended to violate, you didn't know. Which is why I'm offering the choice to retcon it. 

As for Forge, he wasn't PMed by staff; he was PMed by a more experienced player who wanted to nudge things before I had to do something. It has been a day, the day after I finished my part in the sprint to finish this six year old arc. I was taking a frankly well deserved breather.

You can retcon, or I can assume control of the Ta-Koro Guards.

By retcon you mean delete?

To be fair, it probably would have worked a lot better for Daniel's character than for the guy who just got thrown in jail.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I think this is always a good thing to bring up.

Common Sense dictates that:
You are not infinitely superior to NPCs
We start with a sticker-shock; Surprise! While having many superior qualities over a common NPC, you indeed are much closer to its level than you think. The argument to this is "Hey, but I have super-powers! Robbing banks are a walk in the park!" Very true. But may I point out that in this world the bar is raised, and in fact almost everyone in this realm has super powers as well. You are indeed unique just like everyone one. Cliché, but true. You may be a icegun-wielding, impact-vision savvy Skakdi, but those pair of Toa guards have their own set of cool powers, and probably have just as much experience OR MORE than you do, since its their job to prevent people just like you from breaking and entering. From this point of view, the playing field is actually very even, and in fact you only have a few advantages over the common NPC, which brings us to our second point in our NPC discussion.

Common Sense dictates that:
Killable does NOT equal easy target
Are guards in real life standing sacks of meat with a note taped to their forehead "Kill me!?" No. They are highly-trained, alert people who are formidable opponents, getting tougher the more important object they guard. You are (more or less) immortal, something your NPC friend is not; but when did that mean that you can walk all over him? When was the last time you witnessed a swordsman run into the Smithsonian, and in a matter of moments decapitate all the guards and deactivate the security system? Only in movies, and that is simply for entertainment's sake, not when interacting with others. NPCs are generally highly-trained protectors or soldiers who could more than match wits and powers with you. The largest difference is that your PC has a human's consciousness at all times, while they do not, but this doesn't make them less intelligent than you IC. Tossing them aside as if they are dolls is just not realistic. Remember: since everyone is super-powered, no one is.

@The Forge of Artakha A lot of us enjoy playing with Zyrgak--he's a fun villain to fight, and we appreciate the enthusiasm you're bringing to the table with him.  However, his extra powers essentially boil down to be really strong, so he doesn't have the vast flexibility of the Toa or other beings that are going to be set against him.  It's okay if he doesn't notice this--it's one of his character flaws, after all--but you should realize that Ta-koro is filled with people that can teleport, see through walls, summon fireballs, and a vast number of hobbits which will immediately go for the knees.  And they don't just have knives.

Edited by Mel
  • Like 5

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Before I post anything, am I right to assume that each of the Guard forces are attacking Ko-Koro in a final battle, and as such, it would be right and acceptable to interject my characters in? Also, what exactly is happening in Kini-Nui, Ga-Koro, and Ta-Koro? 

Looking back by nostalgic impulse, and seeing as the season's wrapping up, I kinda want to resolve the fates of my old characters. Dated though they might be from my mid-teens, I still hold some attachment to them. Don't know if I'll stay for the next season (Life has caught up, invariably), but I want to see the old game through. 

I'm not going to bother with any Ak'rei'an or Taajar stuff. I have been gone too long to even have the vaguest grasp on what is going on with those children of mine. Thanks to those who kept ideas and characters based on them still kicking after all these years. 

Edited by Mr. House
  • Like 8
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

The Gucko Force and Ihu-Koro Highlanders are the only Guard forces attacking Ko-Koro. Aside from that it's mostly PCs trying to get out. And wrecking the place as they do so, but hey.

Kini-Nui, the portal in the Vault was unlocked. Echelon is dead, Dorian is dead, and there's a short but nasty storm overhead.

Ta-Koro, Not much. Mostly character interaction.

No idea about Ga-Koro.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

12 hours ago, Mel said:

I think this is always a good thing to bring up.

@The Forge of Artakha A lot of us enjoy playing with Zyrgak--he's a fun villain to fight, and we appreciate the enthusiasm you're bringing to the table with him.  However, his extra powers essentially boil down to be really strong, so he doesn't have the vast flexibility of the Toa or other beings that are going to be set against him.  It's okay if he doesn't notice this--it's one of his character flaws, after all--but you should realize that Ta-koro is filled with people that can teleport, see through walls, summon fireballs, and a vast number of hobbits which will immediately go for the knees.  And they don't just have knives.

Yeah, never intended to get out of there easy, although at the time I thought it was up to the player to make it as convincing as possible. But this actually makes that more fun now since the prison break that he will try eventually in the next arc won't be entirely on my end and there will be actual opposition and that gets me hyped for the next arc even more. Also thanks your first comment, really appreciate it. His original design was kinda like a mini boss you can find in mmos where he'd spawn, wreck havoc, and depending on player count or ability he'd be defeated. That's basically what happened in his first interaction which made me really happy how many players got involved (it was also unexpected). And finally... hobbits. LOL         

9 hours ago, Mr. House said:

Before I post anything, am I right to assume that each of the Guard forces are attacking Ko-Koro in a final battle, and as such, it would be right and acceptable to interject my characters in? Also, what exactly is happening in Kini-Nui, Ga-Koro, and Ta-Koro? 

Looking back by nostalgic impulse, and seeing as the season's wrapping up, I kinda want to resolve the fates of my old characters. Dated though they might be from my mid-teens, I still hold some attachment to them. Don't know if I'll stay for the next season (Life has caught up, invariably), but I want to see the old game through. 

I'm not going to bother with any Ak'rei'an or Taajar stuff. I have been gone too long to even have the vaguest grasp on what is going on with those children of mine. Thanks to those who kept ideas and characters based on them still kicking after all these years. 

Silvan's already covered most of what's happening with those particular topics, but I can add on that Ga-Koro is mostly still dealing with integrating the Dasakan expedition led by Ayiwah and Hanako. Other than that, not much.

It's good to see you back, House, even if temporarily (though I obviously hope you can find the time to see some of next arc).

-Tyler

• Like 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

It's funny to see that my attempt to circumvent the regulations they put in place on orgs has held up so well in the hearts of many. 

Looking back, it was probably better my 16-year self didn't get the ability to form a NPC-stocked army of zombies. But hey, it was fun while it lasted, and I'd say that Larikon was one of my better characters. What the heck is going on with it, nowadays? Is it just scattered Ak'rei'anist PCs with no clear leadership, or is there an actual, reformed cult under new leadership? 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Fun times were had with the Brotherhood. Still enjoy the twist it made for Syvra in his character.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

50 minutes ago, Mr. House said:

It's funny to see that my attempt to circumvent the regulations they put in place on orgs has held up so well in the hearts of many. 

Looking back, it was probably better my 16-year self didn't get the ability to form a NPC-stocked army of zombies. But hey, it was fun while it lasted, and I'd say that Larikon was one of my better characters. What the heck is going on with it, nowadays? Is it just scattered Ak'rei'anist PCs with no clear leadership, or is there an actual, reformed cult under new leadership? 

From what I’ve seen, it’s currently just my recently revived character who is in prison and will be out of there once the timeskip for the next arc takes place. And he’s out on his own, without a leader or fellow members.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

On 11/21/2016 at 2:12 PM, Razgriz said:

Mangai died on that tanker incident two years ago...

Hrrrrnnggh Colonel, I'm trying to sneak around, but I'm checking in back here instead.  

Digging the end of the arc and especially the wrap-up content--it makes me genuinely happy to see Sulov written with emotion. I look forward to seeing where y'all take things from here, and maybe getting involved again in some capacity (without quite so lengthy absences). I would be glad to touch base with anyone and everyone.  

• Like 19

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.