BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I have put this off for far too long.

*ahem*

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an Announcement of some Importance.

It has been my longstanding policy regarding this and other RPGs I participate in that "Real Life always comes first." Between the real world that we spend (some of) our time in, and this fun but imaginary world of the BZPRPG, the real world takes precendence always. I have held this policy for members old and new, skilled and inexperienced. Now it is my turn to ask the same of you.

It has come time for me to dedicate all of my attention to improving my real life, as it has stagnated unpleasantly for some time. The next step for me will be joining the military (please! No arguments about whether this is right or wrong. First off, it's against BZPower rules to debate those kinds of topics, second off it's my decision). As you can probably guess, this implies that I go through boot camp and AIT. Cumulatively, that will take fifteen weeks from next Tuesday.

As you may have guessed, this causes something of a problem for those who need to do things in Po-Koro, or with Hewkii specifically. I have put much thought into this over the last few months, and ultimately I have decided that the simplest solution is the best--I am leaving control of Po-Koro and Akiri Hewkii in the hands of my trusted friend Kughii for the duration of my absence. Of course, you may have noticed that I am doing this a week early--the reason for that is that I want to give Kughii a chance for a trial run while I am still here, so that we can test this plan and work out the kinks.

Let me be quite clear--while this is relatively long-term, it is still temporary. I will eventually come back, so do not worry yourselves about that. But it will be several months until I do, and until then, I ask that you treat Kughii with all the respect you would accord any Akiri player--he's at least as intelligent and competent as any other player with an Akiri. For now, he is effectively my representative in anything relating to Po-Koro. For the next week, you may contact me with any problems that may arise, but after that, Kughii will be running solo in my stead.
And so, in the words of a very well-known hobbit:

I regret to announce that this is the End. I am going now, and I bid you all a very fond farewell.

Goodbye.

:w:

Hmm... It is sad to see you go temporarily. But I wish you luck and hope you have a great time.

And now I must harass Kughii with random stuff just to test them.

*Smirks evilly*

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wow man, that's totally treating Kughii with the same respect you'd treat other Akiri players with.

Also, speaking of Akiri players - Tyler are you actually gone or just super inactive.

Didn't tyler hand off his akiri to the otter?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wow man, that's totally treating Kughii with the same respect you'd treat other Akiri players with.

Also, speaking of Akiri players - Tyler are you actually gone or just super inactive.

Who in turn seems to be gone as well.

These are hard times for the BZPRPG.

Who in turn seems to be gone as well.

These are hard times for the BZPRPG.

I know right? Can't meet with someone important without them being disappearing. *Strokes beard* It must be conspiracy. Assassin's who only target leaders when they are needed.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

It'll pick up in summer.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Thank you Lloyd, I won't let you down. For anyone needing information about po-wahi or interaction please hold: I'm deep in a recording session for an album all day and most of tomorrow. I will get to anything you may require after that.

Message to all parties who were involved in the Ta-Wahi Beach-house Brawl:

I propose a time skip past the aforementioned event considering the length of time between last related posts, as well as the fact that Aurora has taken the initiative and posted a post post-timeskip. Please voice your opinion on this.

I'd PM you guys, but I've kind of forgotten who was there, sadly.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

"As they picked their way through the markets, the last bit of the setting sun disappeared below the horizon, leaving the buildings the color of a healing bruise."

Aka the post where I try to write in modern Japanese lit. style and fail.

Also, the amount of sass that goes down between the Piraka...but oh dear that looks interesting.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I doubt this kind of thing is allowed, but just wanted to drop in and say hi and that I miss you guys/this place. I just realized it's been 10 years and it's a weird feeling.

Seems like the BZPRPG has had another reboot since I last stopped by - what's the new setting, beyond Mata Nui?

• Upvote 2

OH MY GOD IT'S YOU SQUEEEEEEEEEE

We're still on Mata Nui. We just got a Heian Japan counterpart hanging around as well.

Message to all parties who were involved in the Ta-Wahi Beach-house Brawl:

I propose a time skip past the aforementioned event considering the length of time between last related posts, as well as the fact that Aurora has taken the initiative and posted a post post-timeskip. Please voice your opinion on this.

I'd PM you guys, but I've kind of forgotten who was there, sadly.

I don't really like timeskips. Requires everyone to come up with an optimal agreement instead of actually working it out over time.

Besides, Grav is back so he should be able to post.

I doubt this kind of thing is allowed, but just wanted to drop in and say hi and that I miss you guys/this place. I just realized it's been 10 years and it's a weird feeling.

Seems like the BZPRPG has had another reboot since I last stopped by - what's the new setting, beyond Mata Nui?

*Appears out of no where and glomps you tightly*

I am glad to see you back. And yeah the kentoku archipelago. Rather interesting concept with alot of people who have psionic based powers

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I was referring to the fight with the Piraka at the beach, not whatever Grav was doing with Vezok in the actual village.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

OH MY GOD IT'S YOU SQUEEEEEEEEEE

We're still on Mata Nui. We just got a Heian Japan counterpart hanging around as well.

Considering the power of the military aristocracy, I'd think it would be closer to the Muromachi or Edo periods, but that's just me.

Hae =D

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

I expected Tuck to make an appearance before Cap'n.

Weird, very weird.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

When was the last reboot? I've noticed some canon characters being used by some players. What exactly does the Japanese setting entail?

Hello again, Cap. :) The last reboot was in October of 2012. The first "chapter" of the reboot ended May 2013, and we're in the second chapter now (you'll notice these story arcs don't correspond to the calendar year anymore). The Turaga were assassinated in the first chapter, so the second chapter saw the introduction of the Akiri: Matoran leaders of the village, played by ordinary players. Those are the canon characters you saw being played.

Another element introduced this arc was the Dasaka, a foreign civilization of psions inspired by Japanese culture. You can read more about them in the Kentoku Archipelago topic.

Nice to see you again Cap'n, though I must agree that it is funny to see you return while Tuck is still missing. haha

Just a general reminder to players: I'm now saving Mata Nui Weekly news updates in the News post in BZPRPG Index. I'm also finally getting around to posting some updates of my own so hopefully it's more current now. If there's anything else that the players as a whole should know for now, feel free to let me know.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Alright, so there was something I wanted to ask of you people, mainly in the interest of comparing notes, so here goes:

How much thought do you tend to put into where exactly you want your character to go? After personality (the most important part) and skillset comes a character's goals and motivations, no? The things they strive for and desire to achieve in their life.

For me, this is mostly a very open area. Rather than having the steps to the desired end result be planned out (and oftentimes not even a particular "end" in mind) in advance, I rather take the route of shaping a plot through interaction and working with the character's personality and, y'know, just see what happens.

I suspect this is because of me being more of a "character" guy than "plot" guy when it comes to storytelling.

It has worked very well for me so far. But I wonder how the rest of you approach this?

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Alright, so there was something I wanted to ask of you people, mainly in the interest of comparing notes, so here goes:

How much thought do you tend to put into where exactly you want your character to go? After personality (the most important part) and skillset comes a character's goals and motivations, no? The things they strive for and desire to achieve in their life.

For me, this is mostly a very open area. Rather than having the steps to the desired end result be planned out (and oftentimes not even a particular "end" in mind) in advance, I rather take the route of shaping a plot through interaction and working with the character's personality and, y'know, just see what happens.

I suspect this is because of me being more of a "character" guy than "plot" guy when it comes to storytelling.

It has worked very well for me so far. But I wonder how the rest of you approach this?

Hmm... I can only really say two of my characters even have an 'end' plot.

For example Syvra, I knew that when i created him i wanted his name (or more correctly his alias) to be at least one day be known and recognized with acts of evil. What he does to get that far I have not the foggiest clue, just that I want that to be his goal.

I get more enjoyment out of the interactions between characters than I do seeing a plot progress.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I'm pretty much the same. Characters are integral to shaping the plot, and while I sometimes might get carried away with plot-bunnies in my head, I always remind myself to step back and consider the situation interaction by interaction. My last experience in the BZPRPG was very plot heavy, so the sandbox is a welcome change.

[BZPRPG Profiles]