BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Hello again.  Still working on my character.  She's just giving me a bit of trouble is all.  I thought I'd ask a couple questions.

Firstly... since I want to say she's been on Mata Nui from the beginning, even though I as a player didn't take part in the previous plotlines, she would have been present, and it would make sense for her to be affected by them.  I've read about them on the wiki, and I suppose I'm wondering if I'm allowed to go through that in my history? The problem is I cannot write without going into detail.  She's a bit of a background character so she wouldn't be involved in anything major, but I do worry about getting things wrong and upsetting the admins.  Just me, trying to make sure I'm doing things right.  

Also, as mentioned, I tend to go into detail.  My character profiles tend to be extremely long.  Using the spoiler code might help, but I'm wondering if I should worry about making it too long? Shortening it might be challenge, but if it's a problem I can certainly try.

That's about it.  The rules are simple and easy to follow, for the most part I don't have any questions.  Just trying to make as developed a character as I find possible.

Now, I should get some sleep.  I'll work on it more tomorrow morning.  lD

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

I prefer to go relatively barebones with mine most of the time, leaves more room for the character to work themselves out in-game.

You can write with detail, but keep it short and sweet. We don't need an overdose of purple to get a good idea of what the character's generally like, which in my opinion is what the profile should tell you. Give yourself a framework to fill in, rather than a complete product without places to go. That's my preferred way of doing it. As for the island history, again, keeping it simple makes life easier when you start out. You can certainly say they've witnessed or even taken part in appropriate events (hello, siege of Ta-Koro!) But for a profile's sake, that's about as deep as you need to go. Short, sweet blurbs about what they've experienced and how it changed them are key. People won't read a wall, and in some cases may even be put off by it.

In summary: Go wide with the profile, leave the depth for in-game. All you have to do is cover the bases, not plan out each and every step.

Hope that helps, and welcome aboard our wild ride.

helo frens

Apologies for my recent absence from the game - life got too hectic for me to keep RPing. Basically a combination of post-end-of-term fatigue, household commitments and a job application (for which I basically taught myself Blender modelling in a few days). :P

I will tentatively say that I am back now, and will hopefully be able to squeeze in some writing around helping my dad and plunging into the slew of games I got in the Steam Summer Sale.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Thanks again for the help.  ^.^ I'll be sure to simplify the profile and get her up soon! c:

And 50 characters..? lol... don't worry, I know what that's like.  I might end up having quite a few too, once I get more involved.  X3

I don't really know how to edit a wiki... never been able to figure out how the coding works but I could try.  I was planning on getting a reference sheet up on dA, so that's an option too.

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

I don't really know how to edit a wiki... never been able to figure out how the coding works but I could try.  I was planning on getting a reference sheet up on dA, so that's an option too.

Wikia gives us a graphical interface - no need for coding :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I thought those were friendly buggers. I wonder why they are attacking.

From the BS01 article on Artakha Bulls:

Artakha Bulls are very strong, very swift, and excellent trackers. They are extremely hostile and bad-natured. Some Artakha Bulls carry spear-like tools.

Maybe not so friendly after all.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

is there anything going on in the Kentoku Archipelago I could get my Dashi character involved with?

Nothing much is happening publicly right now, though I understand that Yusanora's funeral and Yumiwa's coronation will soon take place.

Are they going to happen at the same event, or one after the other?

It makes sense to an extent. If you have them right after the other there is a minimal gap where the kingdom/empire/whatever lacks a ruler.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1