BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

You don't have to! Just roll with it. There is a larger Matoran count here than canon.

We've kept the method of matoran to toa transformation rather ambiguous as well. Some have stated to have existed even before the Toa Mata arrived on the island but were rather secluded or not in the picture for whatever reason.

Don't worry too much about it. At least not to the point that it will stop you from playing what characters you want to play!

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Hey guys, just checking in. I see there have been some cool things happening while I'm away at camp and I feel awful that I'm not around for them, but I'm glad you guys are still here! C:

I'm mostly detached from everything save my social media for now, but when my contract ends on the 19th I'll be back in a hop skip and jump! Love you guys and miss you~

-EW

winners of contest doe coming next sunday

-Tyler

I look forward to seeing them, and watching their story play out! I miss the days of following the Wanderer's Company's exploits, watching from the sidelines in wonder as those amazing players romped across the island on their grand adventure...

...and then Korero happened.  :blink: Still not sure how I managed that.

It'll be fun to watch from the sidelines again. Just promise me one thing, Tyler and you lucky winners-to-be: keep it active!

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

-Tyler

I miss the days of following the Wanderer's Company's exploits, watching from the sidelines in wonder as those amazing players romped across the island on their grand adventure...

...and then Korero happened.  :blink: Still not sure how I managed that.

tumblr_m6x8duQTUb1qdsdrn.gif

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Question: Like creatures in the Matoran universe, the Dasaka are made of protodermis, right?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat... Is a complicated can of worms. Short answer; the Dasaka are biologically similar to the other playable species, yes. As for protodermis... BZPRPG playable races have an anatomy that is, for the sake of fair play, treated as equivalent to human. Hearts, brains, lungs, etc. Significant portions of the playerbase, as a result, treat the canon organic/artificial ratio differently as a result.

But to answer your question directly, the Dasaka are basically the same as Toa in that regard, yes. 

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Question: Like creatures in the Matoran universe, the Dasaka are made of protodermis, right?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat... Is a complicated can of worms. Short answer; the Dasaka are biologically similar to the other playable species, yes. As for protodermis... BZPRPG playable races have an anatomy that is, for the sake of fair play, treated as equivalent to human. Hearts, brains, lungs, etc. Significant portions of the playerbase, as a result, treat the canon organic/artificial ratio differently as a result.

But to answer your question directly, the Dasaka are basically the same as Toa in that regard, yes. 

You can make organic things out of protodermis, just as life on earth is made of Carbon. I ask because a known trait of protodermis which is not shared with carbon is that it is, in all forms, magnetic.

The times, they are a-changing...

You can make organic things out of protodermis, just as life on earth is made of Carbon. I ask because a known trait of protodermis which is not shared with carbon is that it is, in all forms, magnetic.

Not in the BZPRPG ;)

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ghosthands, and I tend to appear (to a chorus of groans) whenever magnetism is mentioned.

In the universe of the BZPRPG, the only form of protodermis affected by magnetism is the metallic one. Even that is a somewhat controversial topic; for example, we have seen metals that resemble non-ferromagnetic real-world ones. Are they forms of metallic protodermis, and if so, are they affected by magnetism? I tend to argue 'yes' to both (and I admittedly have a vested interest) but I'm not sure what the official line is at this time.

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ghosthands, and I tend to appear (to a chorus of groans) whenever magnetism is mentioned.

tumblr_lltjhhEI3l1qf9jcfo1_500.gif

(no jk gabe is totally right actually [at least when it comes to the known protodermis; other metals are still unknown/p vague)  

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Not in the BZPRPG ;)

In the universe of the BZPRPG, the only form of protodermis affected by magnetism is the metallic one. Even that is a somewhat controversial topic; for example, we have seen metals that resemble non-ferromagnetic real-world ones. Are they forms of metallic protodermis, and if so, are they affected by magnetism? I tend to argue 'yes' to both (and I admittedly have a vested interest) but I'm not sure what the official line is at this time.

Hmm. Well, I guess that makes sense; liquid protodermis being magnetically contained chutes comes from Metru Nui. Well, there are iron substances that are non-magnetic. At least I know I Casanuva can still magnetically contain plasma.

The times, they are a-changing...

Nuju, please, don't make me cry.  This was going to be the year I got on a plane and joined all you fancy fantastic people...  and have interrogated all you staffies to no end. XDD

In any case....

So, we've got the Daedra moving?  Can someone sum up that post? I got rather confused.

Manduction (Prelude to Consumption)

1gjdax7.gif

just a daedra doing daedra things

*cracks knuckles*

You know, every time you post as that character, my blood pressure skyrockets. This is a nauseatingly evil villain who deserves to fall off a cliff, shatter his backbone upon the sun-blasted jagged rocks at the bottom, and die there in desperate agony over the course of several nightmarish days with vultures ripping at his liver.

So, I guess, congratulations. You've done very well with your writing. :P

*cracks knuckles*

You know, every time you post as that character, my blood pressure skyrockets. This is a nauseatingly evil villain who deserves to fall off a cliff, shatter his backbone upon the sun-blasted jagged rocks at the bottom, and die there in desperate agony over the course of several nightmarish days with vultures ripping at his liver.

...god help you if you ever read hakann

Indigo Individual

• Upvote 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

*cracks knuckles*

...god help you if you ever read hakann

Indigo Individual

Yes. Hakann. Don't even get me started on him.

This is a nauseatingly evil villain

wait what

I write happy-go-lucky "Fisher-Price meets Superman"-esque heroes. They're champions of justice, altruism, compassion and benevolence.

you see they just seem evil; when i say "violence" i mean hugs

seriously though maybe i should look into making a character who isn't entirely psychotic and/or a devoted sadist 

EDIT: Gah, for some reason BZP didn't show me Kughii's post. To answer the question, the Daedra haven't left Mata-Nui yet; the post (which intentionally seemed non-sequitur) was describing the acquisiton of the ship. I'll be posting Kaihoro's rejoining with the others sometime next week. 

Edited by Kilgore Trout
  • Upvote 2

pNNgXax.jpg

*boop* Hello! It's meeeee! *watches as noone remembers him*

tumblr_mtsojv4uqj1r0lc86o1_250.gif

Hai there. I remember you. You controlled a very, very uncooperative patient.

Welcome back.

You can never escape for good.

no one has

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

-Tyler

Yey. :DDDDDDDDDD

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I got distracted for five days.

What has happened since I've been lazy?

I'm glad i'm not the only one, just kind of went 'meh' to the BZPRPG

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So I kinda zonked out on the BZPRPG... what's going on with the Dark Walk quest in Po-Wahi?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Normal people group are still fighting the rahkshi and the Sentinels have found a hidden picture of an artakha bull in the destroyed outpost.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1