BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

So what your saying is use my powers to automatically kill everything while using OOC knowledge to immediately dodge attacks before they even happen?

I said no overly powerful attacks right?

And the dodge bit... Think of it like chess. Each attack is an attempt at checkmate. Most of the time you can get out of it(say a simple slash) but by repositioning and moving your character properly, you can reach a checkmate(backed up against a cliff, lava below, manas crabs spitting acid or something).

Like I said, you have to give a chance for the other guy to respond to it by dodging or countering or getting hit. It's kind of a trust thing. If you dodge a highly undodgeabke attack, most players would say that that wasn't realistic and that you should not do that again but they would let it pass.

So there will come a point where you simply cannot dodge a certain attack, and you absolutely have to get hit. But the attacker cannot say that it hit(that would be auto hitting), it's up to the victim to realistically state the consequences.

A much much much better explanation is given in the BZPRPG Reference topic. You should give it a read first, it contains examples of bad stuff(auto-hit, impossible dodge, god-modding, meta-gaming et cetera) you should avoid.

But does it do squak jat?

awkwrd.gif

I most sincerely hope not.

So, on-topic, how far has Gravity/Tommorrow Girl's quest moved (and what's happened) since the Giant Nui-Jaga fight began? I had a character doing something or other and should probably commit to that plotline.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

pNNgXax.jpg

Aye, Gravity is rather busy at the moment, with the college semester starting up again.  Nonetheless, he is working on a post to move both of those parts of the plot along quite nicely, the only problem being him actually having consecutive free-time to actually get any writing done.

Idea, yes.

Plan, yes.

Dastardly evil plan, yes.

Motivation to get this done ASAP, yes.

Time...

Unless he figures out a way to artificially generate (anti)gravitons to speed up his relative time, not so much.

lolthirdperson

~yes guys i'm writing dun worry~

<3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Sorry, everyone. I know I haven't posted in a while.  >.< I'm still interested and everything, but I'm not sure what to do with Kiru and Tukeli right now, and I got caught up in other things.  However, I'm hoping to jump back in soon.  I won't just disappear, I assure you.  ;D

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Did this post ever go up? I didn't see one in the Le-Wahi topic and I'm assuming that's where a place called 'Matau's Fist' would be. I could be looking in completely the wrong place, though.

No it didn't. And yeah, it'll be in Le when I get off my butt and actually write the darn thing.

Also, fun times with the twins in Sado's market. Go bug them ;)

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Someone asked for the list of Akiri.  It is in the first post for the N&D topic.  

Thank you Kughii

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.