BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Alright I just realized I can telefrag.

You see, the kualsi lets it's user teleport to any location within visual range.

But the matter at the target location has to disperse from that spot, or else the teleporter has nowhere to go.

So it has to burst outward.

Which means that if I teleport into a person, it'll tear them apart, but leave me perfectly unharmed.

Wow this is really overpowered.

It is also an auto hit, which is not allowed.

Well, no, the target still has the chance to dodge, it's just really accurate. You'd have to refrain from saying anything after "X attempts to teleport into Y" though.

Also, no, the atoms wouldn't be mixed in. If they were the mask would be useless because you would only be able to teleport in a vacuum. The atoms have to be shunted outward from the target location.

Either that or the atoms swap with the starting location, but that might be even worse.

Besides, it wouldn't be the first weaponization of the Kualsi. Taking another person with you can be done, it also usually ends horribly for the other person.

You see, the kualsi lets it's user teleport to any location within visual range.

But the matter at the target location has to disperse from that spot, or else the teleporter has nowhere to go.

Which means that if I teleport into a person, it'll tear them apart, but leave me perfectly unharmed.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

"It allows its user to instantly move to any place in their field of vision."

I'm assuming that means that you have to see where you're teleporting to. Generally, you can't see inside of a person's body. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you can't teleport into objects because when you look at an object and activate the mask, you're actually teleporting to the last possible spot you can fit in before crashing into the object; this assumes that you're not teleporting right at the spot you're looking at but right in front of it. Besides, you look at a person's skin (or any object's outside); that is the closest you can see in your visual range. That means that the closest you could get would be faceplanting into them.

That being said, if you teleported into a very thick window...

And no, you can't take other people with you with the Kualsi. "The user can teleport objects with them, but not other beings."

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

Wait wait wait wait wait.

"It allows its user to instantly move to any place in their field of vision."

I'm assuming that means that you have to see where you're teleporting to. Generally, you can't see inside of a person's body. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you can't teleport into objects because when you look at an object and activate the mask, you're actually teleporting to the last possible spot you can fit in before crashing into the object; this assumes that you're not teleporting right at the spot you're looking at but right in front of it. Besides, you look at a person's skin (or any object's outside); that is the closest you can see in your visual range. That means that the closest you could get would be faceplanting into them.

That being said, if you teleported into a very thick window...

And no, you can't take other people with you with the Kualsi. "The user can teleport objects with them, but not other beings."

1. You don't need to see inside the body, you just need to target the outside of their body itself. Say, the neck, which will then make you spawn in their torso.

2. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU'RE TELEPORTING BECAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS TELEPORTING INTO AN OBJECT. YES THAT INCLUDES AIR. It has to displace the matter at the target location or else the Kualsi's user would die teleporting anywhere but a vacuum.

3. You're right, it's teleporting to a location you saw using a Suletu that's risky.

That doesn't make any sense.

First of all, you can see through air. That's why you can teleport into it. You can't see into bodies. It's only partly about material displacement, and moreso about your eyes.

Also if you tried that trick you can bet your boots staff will be on you in three seconds flat. We aren't allowed to manipulate or create matter within another characters body. I'm willing to bet a lot of money that this move (even if it could work which it couldn't because of simple visual/teleportation logic based upon what we know about the mask) would fall under the same ruling.

So no, you can't telefrag. Interesting thought though. It's good to try and play creatively by working from expectations.

Edited by Palm
  • Upvote 3

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Yes it displaces, but what does it displace? Air.

I would think that the displacing force does not "scale up" with denser objects like wood, metal, or Toa flesh. Even if it does, there would need to be more concentration to do so, and likely significantly more.

But still, that was a creative application. And at least you brought it up here before pwning anybody that challenges your character. :)

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

Yes it displaces, but what does it displace? Air.

I would think that the displacing force does not "scale up" with denser objects like wood, metal, or Toa flesh. Even if it does, there would need to be more concentration to do so, and likely significantly more.

But still, that was a creative application. And at least you brought it up here before pwning anybody that challenges your character. :)

I kinda blew up a piece of wood already.

As hilarious(and suprisingly logical)as that would be, the staff would swat you like a fly the moment you tried that. Still, I applaud the creativity.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Compromise idea: what if I can only telefrag inanimate objects, like the aforemented wood or someone's sword?

It would be much more balanced since they could move the sword (and probably were in the case of a battle), and also because it couldn't be used to insta-kill a player.

Thoughts?

Do you really want to teleport to a place where you have someone else's sword inside of you? Most people with a large sharp piece of metal inside them die fairly quickly.

Again, that's not how it works. It has to displace the matter or the user would die from any teleport.

Teleports into empty air? Dead because now his atoms are occupying the same space as the air.

They have to displace the matter at the target location.

No, they're really not. At the subatomic level it's all just quarks and leptons, in the sword's case a lot more quarks and leptons packed in much tighter.

It would probably require more energy from the user to teleport into denser objects, but it has to be possible or else the user would die.

That's not really the point, the point is you can't do that with a Kualsi in this game, it's against the rules. The mask is for teleporting from place to place not destroying objects. 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar