BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

All the ones from the hospital went to Ta if I remember correctly. As far as I know that was the single largest group of escapees.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Not for long, at least under its present administration. :evilgrin: 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Don't act like the bad guys did not take any losses. They are going to need to take time to consolidate their hold over Ko-koro before they even think about expanding.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I agree, at least in regards to the Brotherhood. The Guard put up a heck of a fight. Larikon's going to be leaning on a cane for a while.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

commit sudoku all of you

article-0-03A33E5B0000044D-239_468x405.j

I have... Regained... My honour... *Glurk*.

Edit: wrng quote

I declare this an official WIN.

Well done Norik, you would make an amazing Menti in real life :P This made my night...

• Upvote 2

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I am somewhat unsure why Ambages having the mask would lead to civil war. Even if his own koro did not turn him in said koro is currently under the control of Makuta.

• Upvote 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I never really understood why Komaus aren't in circulation with the other approved masks. I mean, the Mask of Regeneration was altered to be playable without being over-powered, and the Dasaka's Willhammer discipline or the Hypnotic Vision belonging to Requiem's character Zero produce similar results and have a chance that their effects can be resisted, so I find it odd that it wasn't similarly tweaked in an attempt to make it more common in the game.

Another example of a mask I think that could have been changed a bit is the Mahiki. I get that turning your character into a Manas wouldn't be allowed, but if a character could only change into something that was around their size or smaller and/or project resistable illusions somewhere along the lines of the Dasaka's Sighteye discipline, that would be a bit more manageable. Even if it were only able to change a character's appearance, it would still be a nice addition to the game, so it's kind of wierd that that particular mask wasn't altered either.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm no staff, but I guess that staff were very leery about psychic powers, given that they could easily lead to bunnying and auto hitting (hence why the komau and suletu were banned). If what I'm told is correct, this arc is the first arc in which psychic powers were even allowed in... A long time.

As for the Mahiki, people were going "Aizen mode" with it (somebody else's words, not mine). The limits of the mask weren't clearly enough defined to prevenet abuse if I remember correctlycorrectly It seems I didn't remember correctly , so people were smoking up entire battlefields with it and stuff like that. Plus it didn't have the movement restriction like Sighteye does, meaning that characters could run around casting illusions while still physically fighting.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

The limits of the mahiki have been explicitly defined several times.  It was only visual manipulation, essentially a kanohi for sight-eye discipline.  Given the rather lengthy example of physical transmogrifying in the previous couple posts, it can be apparent why staff decided to remove the mahiki from the game.  During Arc 1 there was a rather nasty abuse of it in Pala-Koro despite several attempts and conversations to define the mask's power.  

As for Komau, I don't have a player answer for that and the staff could be really enlightening to those details.  Probably has to do with player misuse or abuse of powers.  Besides, now we have a menti with a komau's power, and they come with an entirely new and awesome culture to world-build upon. :)

Edited by Kughii

I'm pretty sure that psionic masks/powers have been banned since this version of the BZPRPG started. Its really really hard not to auto-hit and combat bunny with powers like that.

It might also have something to do with the fact that one of Nuju's last major characters before the current BZPRPg was a Makuta who had channeled all of his powers into psionic mastery.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

the Hypnotic Vision belonging to Requiem's character Zero.

That custom power came with some serious limitations. 10 seconds of unbroken eye contact required for it to work, and even then, if I recall correctly, it only has a 65% chance of working.

But while we're on the subject of banned masks, here's one I've never understood: why there is no Kiril?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Kughii: An entirely new and awesome culture that everyone can world-build upon, but I can't take part in as I currently lack the means to create any more characters. Having previously decided to create a wise-cracking, Bo-Toa mercenary, all the room my PS3 had alotted me for my post in the Profiles Topic is currently occupied.

EDIT: As of 5 AM this morning, I happily declare that the above keyboard issue has been fixed. This completely invalidates everything said in this post beforehand.

@Roman: I wasn't implying that there wouldn't be limitations on the usage of said powers, I was just saying that modding the Komau to make it more playable seemed like it could've worked.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Took me a minute to remember that I'm Roman. <_<  But yes, I agree it would be possible to make a modded, less OP Komau, but that would detract from the awesomeness of the two that currently exist. Oh well...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Lol. That's what happens when you change your screen name... 

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So, how big is the Dasaka sub in Ga? Is it as big as say,a nuclear submarine IRL, or just kind of an underwater bucket?

[Edit] 

Calling all Makultists in Ko! I've just created a new character, and he's open to interaction from pretty much any of the Makultists. Talk with him if you feel like it.  :D Oh yeah, he's evil too. Forgot to mention that.  :P

Perhaps you would like to free Krakant from his chains, as so to stop him from dying would be much appreciated.  :P

That was the first thing I RPed Khil'rayu doing. :D

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

The reason Vakua was allowed a Suletu was because Nuju thought it was a pretty cool character concept; a mute De-Toa who could only communicate via telepathy. And, it's hard to use offensively.

Hmm... I'm going to have to go back and find the discussion on how his telepathy interacts with the Dasaka, since it appears to be soon coming into play...

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

I'm pretty sure that psionic masks/powers have been banned since this version of the BZPRPG started. Its really really hard not to auto-hit and combat bunny with powers like that.

It might also have something to do with the fact that one of Nuju's last major characters before the current BZPRPg was a Makuta who had channeled all of his powers into psionic mastery.

I'm still amused at how the Makuta AI Final Boss was just eaten by Nooj's guy.

I'm still amused at how the Makuta AI Final Boss was just eaten by Nooj's guy.

And I didn't want anyone else to try it at home.

Menti powers, with which the staff and I reintroduced mental powers to the game, have the benefit of being extremely codified and enforceable in their limits; this is a major reason why we're okay with having them. A "blank check" mental power like the Komau's (which isn't even a blank check; I'm pretty sure I've outlined its abilities somewhere, at some point; however the Mahiki abuse last arc demonstrated for me that people aren't always great about adhering to those) encourages players to work outside the box in a field that's already very hard to play fairly in. That's why the only one really in use is in the hands of a staff character and his responsible staff player.

• Upvote 5

test2.png