BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Sil(o?), sorry about my absence from the Ga-Wahi topic; finishing coursework for college, and I only have so much time and focus I can direct elsewhere, so it's normally limited to posting in here. Plus, Vakua's posts in particular now require a significant amount of forethought and planning.

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

That's absolutely fine...the main reason I posted with Mura was if anyone wanted to interact with him while he waited.

Back to the expedition, I'm not sure if we actually have any "solid element" toa, but the idea about the solidified lava was a good one. I think we're mostly matoran and other powerless races.

Also, has anything happened with the rebellion in Po yet? I mean, has Lloyd posted again?

On another subject, I've been meaning to ask for a while: What types of metal can Fe-Toa create? I ask this cos I noticed someone stating that a certain Fe-Toa character could create non-ferrous metals, and wondered if they could basically create any metal they liked, not just iron.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

Toa of Iron just sounds better than Toa of Metal and seems more elemental. Its pretty much the only reason they are called that.

• Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Welcome up to the stage THE TOA OF (DEATH) METAL!!!

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well mercury ain't on Mata Nui so no need to even talk about it. 

And Toa of Metal sounds like a rock band.

How do you know that? I'm honestly not sure why there would be none on the island.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Septima calls the bass guitar.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Guys, let us please un-derail this topic. We don't want off-topic strikes.

As for mercury, I don't see why we wouldn't have mercury on Mata Nui. The problem is the physiological effects when exposed to mercury. Is it poisonous to MU beings, or not? I'll assume it is, but it's still the staff's decision.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

The Expanded Multiverse classifies Mercury as an elemental type; essentially, whereas Toa of Iron control solid protodermic metal, Toa of Mercury control liquid protodermic metal.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Really? I was under the impression that there was only sixteen elements (counting Shadow).

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The Expanded Multiverse has an absolute ton of elements- double the canon amount or something.  And that's not even getting into stuff like combination elements and minor powers and stuff.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I'm aware.  Just letting people know that other people in the forums have used the term mercury for Bionicle stuff before.

I think the technology level of the island is sufficient for more exotic metals - like mercury - to be in existence.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Being I play a Fe-Toa myself I would think since mercury is liquid at room temperature they could change it from liquid to solid. But what do I know.

Just a quick note: a Fe-Toa would not be able to change mercury from a liquid to a solid because that would require changing its temperature, which is strictly the domain of Ta- and Ko-Toa. Just like how Ga-Toa can't change water into ice: they control the substance, not its temperature.

Mercury should exist, if cinnabar exists as an ore.

This is the main point. Can cinnabar be found on Mata Nui? I don't know, but that decision lies firmly in the hands of the staff.

My gut feeling would be to say 'no', mainly because giving Fe-Toa the ability to create liquid metals would add one more to a power-set that is already formidable.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I concur with Ghost. There's no basis (that I recall) for controlling more than one state of a given element, and more than a little against. Toa of Iron are already quite powerful, as well.

Additionally, even if such metal exists on the island there's nothing to say it's common. All in all, if Ghost agrees, I would say that adding new and more exotic metals to their repertoire wouldn't be encouraged. And that the manipulation of liquid metal probably isn't something they can do.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well there goes my idea of a mad hatter fe-turaga slinging around quicksilver.

Also, while we don't really have a precedent for multiple states of matter, I believe it IS necessary to mention that Plasma technically encapsulates an entire state.

Edit: I do think there should be a decision between 'doesn't exist' and 'can't control it'. Since it's kinda silly that an entire mineral with a host of actual uses is banned for something some people can't do with it.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

As of this post, the invasion of Ko-Koro is over. We are now timeskipping forward a couple of days, to 'sync up' with the rest of the island. I will soon provide a post detailing what has happened during that time.

Until then, please do not post as characters in Ko-Koro. The rest of the Wahi is still open for RPing, but consider the Koro itself frozen until the timeskip post is up.

(Edit: hehe...Ko-Koro...frozen...)

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 7

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Only just got time to post, so...

What can a Fa-Toa do that a Fe-Toa can't, then?

From what I understand, Fa-Toa can:

• Manipulate ferrous metals.
  • Magnetize ferrous metals.

And Fe-Toa can:

• Create ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
  • Manipulate ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
  • Absorb ferrous and non-ferrous metals.

That seems like a few more powers...

Edited by Sil

Kathok

Only just got time to post, so...

What can a Fa-Toa do that a Fe-Toa can't, then?

From what I understand, Fa-Toa can:

• Manipulate ferrous metals.
  • Magnetize ferrous metals.

And Fe-Toa can:

• Create ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
  • Manipulate ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
  • Absorb ferrous and non-ferrous metals.

That seems like a few more powers...

Fa-Toa can also manipulate magnetic fields in general. While a Fe-Toa could, say, make iron or metals in general, they couldn't alter the magnetic properties of said metal. A Fa-Toa could, however, do so. They cannot alter the structure of metal, but they can magnetize it, or even magnetize non-ferrous objects (Given enough power, that is; it's not exactly easy to do that.) They can also simply create magnetic fields with no metallic source as well.

If you get creative enough (Not in the "how far can i stretch the feasibility of what magnetism can do", or "Let me exploit physics concepts my character couldn't possibly understand), you can do a lot of things a Fe-Toa can't.

Like, say, stick to walls using magnetism (A lot of ele power would be needed to hold so much mas, though), or stealing money from someone without them noticing by just drawing it out (Again, magnetizing a not-wholly-ferrous anything isn't the easiest thing in the world to do), or...not even magnetizing a non-ferrous material, but just putting a magnetic field near it that could function like it was a magnetized substance could work...not sure if that would be wholly okay with the staff, but it's possible I guess?

But yeah, Fe-Toa do have a lot of abilities, but it only lies within the manipulation of metals which they would have to know about, whereas Fa-Toa have control over magnetic fields in general, not control over magnetic substances, other than altering said substances using magnetism, like moving some iron by sticking a magnetic field near it.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

To add to that, if a Fe-Toa can "shoot" a piece of metal like an arrow, it's still against the force of gravity. If that makes sense.

Where as a Fa-Toa can utilize magnetism, which is waaaay stronger. So the same arrow is more like a high powered rifle. The real money is in a Fa/Fe-Toa duo. That would be fun. Fa and Vo could do some crazy stuff as well.

...but close to it