BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Why do I suddenly feel like a buch of players are now going to organise the equivalent of an MMO Raiding Party consisting of like, one-hundred characters in an attempt to take back Ko-Koro?

Extra points would go to the first player who shouted "Leeroy Jenkins!" upon breaching the city gate.

Edited by timageness411
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I don't know why you have that feeling. Most players actually value their characters; I certainly do. Unless someone hires them, my Outsiders characters would stay out of a suicide op like that. So would most of my other characters, to be honest.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Don't get me wrong; I value mine too, and wouldn't have any of them go within a one-hundred foot radius of that, because if I did, I would have nothing to do with the rest of my day after they all died. I'm just saying that I'm expecting the possibility that the more... eccentric players might attempt something like that.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Lessons in common sense, based on the last two days.

1.)Echlon= practically undefeatable

2.)Don't screw with Legacy.

3.)Trying to win back Ko-koro is practically a suicide mission.

4.)Mata Nui would be equivalent to medieval Europe in terms of science.

5.)Mata Nui has no idea what a periodic table is.

6.)Mata Nuiaians haven't invented black powder.

any thing I missed?

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

Why do I suddenly feel like a buch of players are now going to organise the equivalent of an MMO Raiding Party consisting of like, one-hundred characters in an attempt to take back Ko-Koro?

Extra points would go to the first player who shouted "Leeroy Jenkins!" upon breaching the city gate.

You're going to give me flashbacks to the Hive Battle.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Trakuda ;-;7

• Upvote 7

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Lessons in common sense, based on the last two days.

1.)Echlon= practically undefeatable

2.)Don't screw with Legacy.

3.)Trying to win back Ko-koro is practically a suicide mission.

4.)Mata Nui would be equivalent to medieval Europe in terms of science.

5.)Mata Nui has no idea what a periodic table is.

6.)Mata Nuiaians haven't invented black powder.

any thing I missed?

They have invented black powder...or, at least, something akin to it. Stralix powder is an explosive much like black powder, but uh

putting it in a gun isn't a very good idea unless it's the projectile from an air cannon. Otherwise it might go "boom" in your face. This is not why we don't have commonplace guns, we don't have them because it makes fighting "Who-shot-who" and overall more boring.

or something.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

You're going to give me flashbacks to the Hive Battle.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Trakuda ;-;7

f r i c k. I forgot Trakuda and now I'm ashamed

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Actually, a case could be made for the largest. In this iteration of the BZPRPG, at least. Only the Legacy and its predecessor the Followers might have rivaled it, and that's a debatable thing. Especially since the Followers didn't tussle with the ILF until after their decline began.

Shame they just kinda dropped off the map.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

What happened to the Island Liberation Front? Did all of the characters die, or the players go idle? I've been keeping tabs on just about every location topic and I don't think I recognised a single name from that link Hubert provided.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If memory serves, there's a character by the name of 88 who owns a printing press. Pohatu: Mastet of Stone plays him, he's in ga Koro right now.

Yup, I'm waiting for one of two things before I return to Po Koro.

1. Mata Nui weekly starts up agains.

2. 88 manages to strike up a deal with the Dasaka that allows him to publish an article about them in the newspaper.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I know Reo from the wiki, but not from any recent IC posts. That's what I meant about not recognising any of the names.

its only suicide if you fail

and as people say, if you don't try you've failed already

therefore not joining the fight is suicide

tumblr_inline_mmfzskGkzd1qz4rgp.gif

Katuko and BenLuke left, so nobody became leader.

Actually, the ILF/Pala-Koro still exists, and still has a leader: Esao, played by Tyler.

It's less that the ILF flat out doesn't exist, and more that it's just a shadow. Katuko, who ran the ILF initially, left just after the Hive Battle. That was when the group started losing steam. BenLuke took over, but it still kept losing momentum. It isn't just that one player left, it's that most of them did. Going down that list, there are very few players that were part of the group that still take part in the game.

It's unfortunate, but most (though not all) of that group is long gone.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

Whoah.

Mind officially blown.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Gentlemen.

Sorry I haven't posted in the Ta quest for a couple of days; it's a busy time of the week for me, plus I've got to start work on my lab report in the next couple of days, but I will try to get posts out tomorrow and over the weekend. Same goes for the Ko timeskip.

Also, I'm seeing a lot about how Echelon's supposedly 'invincible'—he's not. He's not to be underestimated, certainly: he has mastery over an enhanced version of Magnetism, a currently unique mask, and a very impressive set of allies. But nobody's untouchable, if you plan carefully enough.

The same goes for Ko-Koro. Taking it back isn't a suicide mission, if you have a good enough plan and sufficient resources to carry it out. You think the other five Koro are just going to sit around while Makuta-worshippers occupy Ko? The combined might of their militaries would be a force to be reckoned with. Now, it won't be as simple as that (for reasons that will soon be revealed in the timeskip post), but reclaiming the city is very much a possibility.

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Well, it looks like the other Koros sat around during the actual battle.

Bringing up poison reminds me, the one element we know comes front-loaded with knowledge is Jungle, since they have knowledge of herbs... and, by extension, poisons, and other toxins.

Aelied just got a lot more interesting...

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Well, it looks like they sat around during the actual battle.

We're only starting to have telegraphs; news doesn't travel all that fast. Even if Ko-Koro managed to send out a whole bunch of Kualsi messengers to the rest of the Koros, by the time they managed to mobilize their forces and arrive at Ko, the battle would have been in its late stages or possibly even have ended, with only the Kualsi and Kakama shock troops getting any action. So yeah.

I really was expecting more of a drawn out fight though; how long did this battle take IC?

I just specifically remember Akiri Jaller refusing aid. Not much can actually be said otherwise, since I don't know about the others.

You know, except that's not actually what he did.

BZPTime was suspended for the duration of this event; the purpose of this was to prevent instant reinforcements to either side when such arrivals would be unreasonable. Ko-Koro sent out Kakama messengers for the dual purpose of informing the other villages and finding the Maru. Two of the Maru (Oreius and Korero) were found after being given directions by the Ta-Koro Guard Headquarters. They proceeded to the village, which they could do only because of Korero's mask.

The only two villages that could feasibly have sent any aid would have been Onu and Ta. They're the two closest. Onu-Koro has no troops to send, both because they lack the numbers of the Ta-Koro Guard to begin with and because the vast majority of their PCs were (or are) on quests outside of the village. The Ta-Koro Guard has the numbers, and the resources, and would have sent aid but for one problem. 

They wouldn't get there in time. The few Guards with access to Kakamas or Kualsis could arrive, but even then their organization would take time. Especially since most of the Guard was already mobilized to handle the aftermath of the Piraka attack. Any other troops would arrive much too late to make any difference in the Ko-Koro battle, because the actual battle was not long at all. Simply the time needed for the Nightfall to fight through the resistance they encountered to reach the Citadel while the Brotherhood stormed the gates. A couple of hours, at most.

It wasn't a refusal of aid (in fact Ta-Koro has been the only specifically cited location to take in refugees :P) it was acknowledgement of the hard fact that there wasn't any aid to give.

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg