BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Ah, okay. Makes sense.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Stay tuned tonight for a... thing... I've been working on with Nuju. Well, with his consent and input.

Recommended listening to prepare yourselves!

Okay, maybe I am exaggerating a little. The Ark/Map Room theme might fit better.

EDIT: Okay I lied. In my defense, I lost a lot of stuff when my browser crashed... anyway, this should happen sometime in the next day.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Oooohh... Another staff quest, maybe? Well, I might sit this one out as two of my characters are on a staff quest that Is taking far too long.

I'm interested to see what this is going to be like, though.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

In the time before time, when matoran mistrusted one another based purely on their elemental leaning; they feared and hated those that were not like them, and believed their own element to be superior to all others. A matoran of each element was invited to a gathering, by whom is not known. They began to argue with one another, believing there to be some form of deceit. The confrontation nearly came to blows, and a mysterious Turaga appeared, saying that he had invited them. The Turaga said he had hoped to rationally talk of peace and unity, but that they had already proven they would not be willing to be rational. With a wave of his staff, the matoran's heartstones were changed, swapped with another's. Their element was suppressed, and they gained the element of another. The Turaga spoke: "Perhaps an alternate view would do good; go and live a moon's time with your new kinsmen. Then return here, and speak of your experiences."

The fifteen bewildered matoran then awoke in their new settlements, surrounded by those they had never seen before. In a moon's time, they returned, and found themselves changed. They greeted the other matoran as if greeting friends, laughing, comparing stories. The Turaga again appeared, and asked if they would be willing to embrace their Unity as matoran on behalf of Mata Nui. The matoran agreed, pledging to make a strong, unified Koro.

The Makuta would have none of this, the servants of Mata Nui pledging to unite. From the darkness he reached out, and tore the matoran's heartstones out. The Turaga was shocked at the Makuta's vileness, and labored to save what he could. He managed to salvage what he could of their bodies, fashioning amulets with the heartstones, ensuring their souls were safe. He returned these amulets to the elemental tribes, who in mourning pledged to have a dedicated wearer of the amulet, to show empathy with their kindred matoran. To celebrate this, Mata Nui created a star in the sky for each of the amulets.

Thus were the Amulets of Elemental Kindred created.

These amulets are very real, and carry power available to those bold enough to find them... Two expeditions are now being mounted to Ga-Wahi, to recover these unique artifacts, these pieces of living history! And, that's right, your character can sign on! Now, which one your character would be interested lies in one of two ideologies, philosophical alignments.

"It belongs in a museum!"

Aokora, the leading expert on the legend in Mata Nui, was informed by her friend, Nixie, that a new star has appeared. Bolstered by this, and the arrival of the Dasaka, the ga-matoran archeologist has convinced Akiri Hahli of the cultural significance of these amulets, and what a help they could be when used as an aid to bridge the cultures of the Mata Nuians and the Dasaka. She has need now of a good, strong group of individuals who want to share history! And, should you not be interested in that, there's monetary payment, and you might be able to convince her to let you borrow some of the treasure. Dasaka characters are welcome as well! Who knows, you just might have some unique insights into this expedition...

"So do you!"

Maeloc, an Onu-Turaga Legacy archivist, made a strange discovery when he was cataloging items in the Citadel's archives. A strange amulet, that when he wore it, suppressed his elemental powers, eventually replacing them with abilities normally available only to those possessing the element of Ice. Maeloc sees these artifacts for what they truly are: potent tools, and potential dangers. Seeing as the Legacy is taking efforts to eliminate any dangers to its regime where it can, Maeloc secured permission to mount his own expedition. Any that join him will have the plunder from the Amulet's resting place be divided up according to him... and, since Maeloc is a ranking member of the Legacy, he has been authorized to extend membership in the Legacy to those who assist in this effort. So, all you petitioners wanting to join on, this might give you something to do! And, there is a potential for unique loot!

These amulets are unique, and can change hands very easily. They could be payment, gifts, exchanges... or it can be stolen. I shall endeavor to keep a 'living list' of sorts here. Few locations are known, so it may be short now, but this will grow! As more information comes to light, I will unveil more information, such as what the specific powers are. Right now: Upon being put on, an amulet suppresses the bearer's elemental powers totally. After an hour, a small measure of the amulet's corresponding element is gained: matoran, turaga, and toa recieve the element's passive trait that Matoran have, and toa and turaga gain a small active ability, that is much more draining to them to them than a native user of the element. Skakdi and Lesterin have their elemental abilities suppressed, and they both gain the associated Lesterin ability.

• Ice Amulet- Gives the user resistance to cold and ice equivalent to a ko-matoran. Toa and Turaga gain the ability to coat their hand in rime, and upon touching something it is coated in numbing frost. Maeloc, Keeper of Kraata.
  • Water Amulet- User can swim much better, and can hold breath for a much longer time. Toa and Turaga can manipulate up to a gallon of water.
  • Magnetism Amulet- The user gains a better sense of direction as well as an internal compass, and they can magnetize a metal object (or hand-sized portion of a normal metallic object... including a hand) as if it were an ordinary magnet.
  • Psionics Amulet- The user gains a strong resistance toward mental attacks, bordering on outright immunity (like the Dashi). Toa and Turaga gain the ability to hear Ideatalk. Lesterin and Skakdi wearing this amulet possess mental shielding, granting them great resistance toward mental attacks (including those of Dasaka!), and in general the wearer has greater intelligence.

Thank you to Nuju Metru, for working with me and making this possible, and Ghosthands for letting me have a Legacy character for this, and allowing membership to the Legacy.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 11

Now this sounds interesting. :evilbiggrin:

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Farewell Hubert.  :(

What happened to Echelon's meeting with Larikon? I've seen both players online recently, but there's been no posts in Ko for a few days now. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What happened to Echelon's meeting with Larikon? I've seen both players online recently, but there's been no posts in Ko for a few days now. 

Life (specifically, revision for my upcoming exams) has me very busy at the moment, and when I do have free time I don't always have the energy for more than a short, spur-of-the-moment post—which, for things like Ko and the Mangai quest, doesn't cut it. Those posts take time and thought, so the busier I am, the less often I'm going to be able to churn them out.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Okay, all good with me. I was just wondering what had happened. 

"A ruby dragon, eighteen topaz serpents, three amethyst foxes, and twenty clay wagon wheels."

It was a slight overcharge, even for the capital, where prices tended to go higher, but not enough that someone who really desired the box would not be willing to pay for it.

"Or two mukau and a Husi, if the Jahagir would prefer it that way."

The Jahagir had a slightly thoughtful look upon her face. Reaching quickly into her surcoat, she pulled out a bag of coin, and counted them out. It was a fine, silken bag, easily worth several serpents on its own. She produced the amount Hatchi stated to the exact coin, along with an extra dragon. That dragon alone would buy several Mukau. The Astyzyar Jahagir must have been in a good mood

IC:

"Well, its rather unique, you won't find anything like it on Sado. Tell you what, between the two of us, what's three hundred dragons?  It's barely a drop in the bucket, and a bargain for this piece."

It seems like inflation is rather high on Iki. =P

• Upvote 4

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

There are several denominations of the Dragon currency, each with a different coloured core. I think the highest one, like what Yumi threw around before the party, were red at their nucleus, while the Drahons she spent for sushi were blue. All of them, however, are referred to collectively as simply "Dragons." It's a way to excuse the variation in value people give, since it's possible that characters speak with the understanding that they're dealing with a certain denomination. Hatchi may have used a mid-level coin while this merchant used a lesser value.

Or maybe the scarf really is that expensive. I know for a fact prices for a scarf vary wildly depending on whether you buy it at TJ Maxx or Herrods.

Alternatively, we can just smile and nod and accept that currency is an ethereal aspect of the game that cannot be effectively monitored or controlled.

Edited by Queen Anora Mac Tir
  • Upvote 1

Or maybe the scarf really is that expensive. I know for a fact prices for a scarf vary wildly depending on whether you buy it at TJ Maxx or Herrods.

lets not forget whatever brand dorian buys--

Oh ho ho, no you don't.

cmon its just a topical scarf jok--

Topical doesn't make a difference. I already said: you're not allowed here. No exceptions.

but im already

wrapped up

in this

geddi--

More puns, awful even by my measure? I can't believe you.

sure you can

i mean i come from somewhere rite

you know that place

even if i dont

We're not talking about this, Grokk.

youre no fun

Dang straight. Look, with all these distractions, you've been shirking on your latest. The people are still curious; I'm still curious. So get to work, tell us about where you are.

dont wanna

Don't be difficult.

make me

Be difficult?

you know what i meant gawd

How about this for a deal: you tell us all about where you are - what you are - now, and I'll tell you about my end of things. Where you came from. That stuff.

not just me

Sorry?

see you gotta tell

all

the fan club

the grokkettes

grokksketeers

name wip okay

but

them

theyre watching with bated breath aint they

I'm not sure I can do that.

then im not sure i can sate your curiosity

You're impossible. This is impossible.

dang straight

my terms boyo

think careful

Get out of here.

okay poof

Sorry guys, don't really know what just happened... I'll try to prevent that in future. Save us all a few headaches...

Edited by Nuju Metru
  • Upvote 10

test2.png

wat

No srsly why was grokk in n&d? If he starts interacting with other players I'll eat my hat...

Also, Keeper, I really like the idea of these amulets. There's 16? Which elements do they pertain to? Or is that something we're gonna have to find out for ourselves?

Fifteen, actually. And yes, you will need to find out for yourselves. Fairly easy, though, they are color-coded.

If you can find them.

My eyes will have to take a break to recover from such horror.

Anyways, I'll be off to charity work from Friday to later Saturday. So interaction will be nil.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Attention, people! 

Do you want to play as a pirate? No? Oh. Well, that was a bit disappointing.

If the answer is "Yes!" then good news for you! I'm currently in the final stages of working on a- You guessed it!- pirate ship! My character, Lesora is the captain, UngluedBike will be playing first mate when he gets round to creating a character, and Iron_Man5 will be playing second mate, again when he's made a character. So PM me if you want a character on my ship*, the Tarakava Bait, saying what position you want them to hold, and I'll see what I can do! :)

*No pre-existing characters allowed

VBWj75sh.png

I blame Dorian for all of this: in killing Grokk he only made him even more powerful... :evilbiggrin:

Edited by Roman Torchwick