BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I think pursuing Vakua would kind of be a bit out of the way for Maeloc's team. Sounds like they're headed somewhere else entirely.

Ah.

Anyways.

To all archers, archees, medics, and others involved in the use and removal of arrows:

Recommended reading.

I know this might not be well known, given the depiction of arrows in media, but just ripping an arrow out of your body is a really bad idea. Just something I've seen pop up from time to time.

• Upvote 7

It's kind of akin to first aid for fishhooks. Attempting to pull it out the way it entered would cause a deal of damage. Instead, one has to make the head exit the skin and cut it off with pliers.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

OOC: What is the buying power of a widget?

A widget is worth a widget. Don't overthink it. Trying to assign definitive values to things just causes problems.  

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: What is the buying power of a widget?

A widget is worth a widget. Don't overthink it. Trying to assign definitive values to things just causes problems.  

I just want to make sure Haraki isn't ripped off. Admittedly, once she learns of the power of the amulets she'll want to steal them give them to a museum, so... yeah. She's sort of like Meta Knight, when he tried to install a benevolent dictatorship in Dreamland, Haraki wants to usurp the Legacy and take back Ko-Koro, and install herself as leader so that such a battle never happens again.

What would happen if someone wore all of the amulets at once?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Not a definitive answer, since I had no part in their creation, but I imagine that they would all cancel each other out and leave the wearer powerless.

Either that, or the person wearing them all only got the powers of the last one they put on. I doubt that they would've been approved in the first place if they allowed any one character wield all of those elements at once.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Or the power overload would kill the wearer.

So please IcarusBen, have your character go ahead and test that theory out for us. :P 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

character death can only occur with the permission of the player. 

*laughs*

If you as the player have your character put on the collection of magical items that will kill the user, than said character is probably going to die.

• Upvote 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

If I (player) has Haraki wear all the amulets without knowing the effects, then Haraki is, for all intents and purposes, immune to death. If staff had explicitly told me the ONLY outcome was death, then Haraki would drop like a rock in a bathtub,

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

If I (player) has Haraki wear all the amulets without knowing the effects, then Haraki is, for all intents and purposes, immune to death. If staff had explicitly told me the ONLY outcome was death, then Haraki would drop like a rock in a bathtub,

Not really, no. He can still die just as easily if you don't know what will happen when he puts them on.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

If I (player) has Haraki wear all the amulets without knowing the effects, then Haraki is, for all intents and purposes, immune to death. 

That is not how it works. 

The point of that rule is to prevent players from losing their characters to one-hit-KO autohits and reduce the amount of ragequits that would result from when everybody losses a character to another person's ego.

Aside from that your character is just a mortal as anybody else.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

And the staff can kill off characters as well.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

And putting on a bunch of magical amulets that are part of a staff-ordained quest means the staff would have permission to kill your character if that's what putting on all of the amulets would do. 

Just a thought, but are the staff subject to the "asking permission before killing" rule? Or at least most of the time?

Yeah, but I think that they can also do it as an in-game punishment as well.

Edit: Misread the question.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

In past arcs there were characters who you were unable to kill due to their importance to the plot. One of the things for this arc was the fact that nobody had plot armor, if you are good enough anybody on the island is fair game.

That said, one reason that staff are chosen is their skill at RPing, so good luck actually managing to off one of their characters.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Just a thought, but are the staff subject to the "asking permission before killing" rule? Or at least most of the time?

Most of the time, yes. The personal characters of the staff are just as subject to the game's rules as you are, and must abide by them. However, if you break the rules, then they can do whatever they see fit as punishment. In past arcs, we have seen characters get killed off as a result of rule-breaking, but it's usually a last resort.

Random question- were I to end up writing that Ko-Matoran guardswoman I've been planning, would I be allowed to have her experience a flashback to, say, a random chance encounter with Kopaka Mata from before he left for Mangaia and did the stupid thing?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The shadow Mata are dead. 

The shadow Mata are dead. 

Yeah, existence isn't quite so easy when the source of your being gets shunted out of reality.  :|

But yeah, anyone else have an answer for me?  Hopefully staff, since they're the ones who actually have the last word in this sort of thing?  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

If you want a sneak peek at the power of the amulets, you can steal a glance at Maeloc over in Ko-Koro, he's rocking the Ice Amulet of Elemental Kindred. As for buying power, I was approximating 1 widget = 1 US dollar. I'd have to go back and check MNOLG II for an example...

Edit: Macku paid Hahli 100 widgets for giving her one. For sports equipment+material+labor, that sounds about right.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Say, what happens if a Vortixx got their hands on one of these amulets?  Do they gain control over that element, or would it be powerless to them since they never had an element to begin with? 

I'd imagine that Vortixx would probably not get anything from these amulets, they're designed to work with matoranoid species.

But... they work on Skakdi and maybe Lesterin. They aren't "matoranoid".

Whatever the heck that's even meant to mean. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Then my point regarding Skakdi and lesterin still stands. 

So powerless to a Vortixx, but would give powers to, for example, a Fikou, since they have elemental variants?