BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Did you grow up in the slums where there was no hope? Did you pull hope straight out of the hearts that it didn't exist in? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. I was molded by it. I didn't feel hope until I learned how to create it in others. I became a beacon much brighter than the lighthouse there.

LiaBanecada?

Huh.

I wonder how her character development for this year will be, where her allegiances will go.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I wonder how her character development for this year will be, where her allegiances will go.

It will be very hot, and they will go into a river of lava.

I thought she was gonna live! I mean, it just said she fell, not that she melted in a river of lava....

Awwww :(

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I didn't have the heart to go through with that post. I edited, and don't worry, her death will be much more gruesome and meaningful.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

...It's times like this that I'm kinda glad I know next to nothing about the hundreds of characters in the RP.I feel no saddness about these dramatic deaths ^_^ [/heartless]EDIT: On another note...so another confirmed "potential power" a Dasaka can have is spawning a blade of energy? Tuck, you are making the character I had in mind to make for the new arc even EASIER to re-make as a Dasaka, and for the better. Very eager for more detailed information...if only that Dasaka group went to Ga-Koro instead of Ta- =P

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

...It's times like this that I'm kinda glad I know next to nothing about the hundreds of characters in the RP.I feel no saddness about these dramatic deaths ^_^ [/heartless]

You should research, because there are some great characters out there who twist what's real and what's not possible.

For example, Skyra is a female who IS in love with a male. Before that she was a he, and before that he was named Snelly.

Just weird thinking about it and awesome to think of what might turn out.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

...It's times like this that I'm kinda glad I know next to nothing about the hundreds of characters in the RP.I feel no saddness about these dramatic deaths ^_^ [/heartless]EDIT: On another note...so another confirmed "potential power" a Dasaka can have is spawning a blade of pure energy? Tuck, you are making the character I had in mind to make for the new arc even EASIER to re-make as a Dasaka, and for the better. Very eager for more detailed information...if only that Dasaka group went to Ga-Koro instead of Ta- =P

spawning a blade of pure energy?

pure energy?

Rrrrraaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, paying attention to the characters of others is pretty useful and entertaining - there are lots of stories you're missing from ignoring them. Besides, in case you get to interact with them, you won't need to read through millions of pages to learn about them.

Tillian x Skyra OTP.

You should research, because there are some great characters out there who twist what's real and what's not possible.

Yes, research is good, and speaking of research, I now present, the BZPRPG Census 2 - 2013 Arc Edition. It includes every character with a profile posted in the BZPRPG Profile Pages topic to the current date, and classifies them by species, element and mask (where applicable). I'll point out a few interesting thigs along the way, but interpretation of the figures is left mostly up to any interested players.

The 2012 census can be found here, though it did not look at masks and the tables didn't come through well.

First, all characters by species:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_characters_by_species.png

Two main differences from last arc: There are now more Skakdi than Vortixx (it used to be the other way around), and the Lesterin now make up a much greater proportion of the custom species, though there are less custom species overall.

Other species percentages have stayed pretty constant.

Toa by Element:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_toa_by_element.png

The psionics toa was left in for the sake of completeness, though someone clearly hadn't read the rules too well.

There's been a bit of a shakeup in the prefered elements - plantlife and air in particular have risen, while iron dropped out of the top 3.

Matoran by Element:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_matoran_by_element.png

Changes again, particularly due to most of the Jaliax sisters no longer having profiles. Fire has lost its top position to air.

Skakdi by Element:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_skakdi_by_element.png

Grokk and his gravity buddies are still the largest group here, while plasma is becoming more popular of Skakdi and fire less so.

Lesterin by Element:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_lesterin_by_element.png

There aren't many of them, but stone, gravity and air seem to be favourites.

Toa Masks:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_toa_masks.png

The kanohi kakama, by far and away is the most commom mask, followed by the matatu and pakari. The kaukau needs more love.

Toa Masks by Element:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_toa_masks_by_element.png

N/A indicates that the toa does not control an element.

Red text indicates that the toa cannot access their mask power due to a parakuka, a mark or some other such thing.

Orange text is Oreus, who, despite being attached to Inu, can still use his mask.

Blue text indicates that the kanohi is an anxilia.

Brown text indicates the psionics toa, who is a bit out of place with all the others.

The 12 illegal masks still included in profiles were 4 mahikis, 3 masks of biomechanics, a faxon, a komau, and one each of emulation, rahi control and undeath.

Here's where things get interesting. Half of all hau-wearing toa are fire-users (possibly paying homage to tahu?), and more than a quarter of huna-wearing toa combine it with elemental sonics for an invisible and inaudible combination. The only kaukau wearer was a Ga-toa, who has pretty good lung capacity anyway. I haven't looked too hard at these yet, but I'm sure there are more patterns to be found.

Matoran Masks:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_matoran_masks.png

The origianl masks of Mata Nui become much more popular here, while masks that were introduced later are very rare, if present at all. No custom masks.

Matoran Masks by Element:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_matoran_masks_by_element.png

The 6 illegal masks still included in profiles were 2 mahikis, 2 komaus, a suletu and a kiril.

Lesterin Masks:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_lesterin_masks.png

Similar trends to the preferred masks for toa characters. Cool powers remain cool powers no matter who uses them.

Lesterin Masks by Element:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_lesterin_masks_by_element.png

Not much to see here, owing to the very small amounto of data to work with.

Turaga Masks:

Kaukau - 1 - crystal

Matatu - 1 - N/A

Rau - 1 - Lightning

Valkyr Masks

Hau - 1

Rau - 1

So there you have it. Not bad for an afternoon's work, if I say so myself. Feel free to discuss the results and draw your own conclusions.

• Upvote 1

ppg2.png

While we're on the subject of masks and the like, why has no-one bothered to come up with names for the masks of Rebounding, Healing and Sensory Aptitude, or for that matter, a proper physical trait for the crystal element or a prefix for it. Conversely, what about Lesterin of crystal?

On that first one, I would suggest the following.

Healing - Kanohi Vita

Sensory Aptitude - Kanohi Omnus

Rebounding - Kanohi Marki

That last one is just an obscure reference and not quite as valid, but the others I think work pretty well.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Interesting. I know we have an 'approved' list but I do wish we also had a 'banned' list. Being able to remember the ones you can't use seems easier than the ones you can. On that note, do 'illegal' masks actually matter on Matoran characters? I note the list specifies "allowable Toa/Turaga Masks", and the question came to mind.In any case, Lorax that was a great census. I think it isn't surprising how few Kaukau users there are. After all, it's so single-use. Other masks can be used creatively but a snorkling mask doesn't do too much unless you want to fight a horde of Dermis Turtles.

EDIT: adding to Gear's post: I like those name choices. Now if only we had a 'design' we could agree on for the unseen masks.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I know what rebounding and sensory aptitude looked like. It's just more from the perspective of having a picture drawn out to add to the descriptions. Of course, it's really a pointless thing to ask about. We may as well ask what a Noble Kaukau looks like or something...hm. A Turaga with a noble Kaukau, now there's a useless character idea.

Lorax stop being useful

Makes us feel useless

In any case, of the group, I see one Anxilia being illegal and only actually four of them...

Time to rectify the problem

and guys yeah shameless advertising and also to notify those from last year who didn't know...

Anxilia got re-approved :)

And woohoo Im one of the 12 with a custom mask. Makes me feel special.

In any case, we should put this is just an awesome job you've done Lorax, and I think you've now self-applied yourself to the responsibility of doing this again sometime later this year. Congrats!

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

spawning a blade of pure energy?

pure energy?

... Rrrrraaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
...Did I say it wrong?

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Sorry, I cannot stop picturing a Toa shoving a PS Vita onto his face and using it to heal himself.

^took the words out of my mouth

Sounds like force feeding vitamins

...Did I say it wrong?

I am pretty sure that what he's meaning to say is that you shouldn't focus on a species for it's power, and create a character for that power; rather, you should create a character, then focus on his development, and if you choose to, create a power for your character that will only positively impact his/her/its development.

As in, focusing on blades of pure energy may be cool, but what's cooler is how a Dasaka's mindset would be.

I could totally be wrong though.

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Oh, of course. I've already had the personality and general concept for backstory and development plan covered for a long time and I'm 90% positive it's compatible with some minor revisions that might occur depending on what more information we get on the Dasaka. That's always step one for characters. I was only pointing the energy blade thing out because the original Toa design of the character included the usage of a similar-but-more-convoluted "ability" However this way, assuming the energy blade thing works the way I'm understanding it, will make it all the easier to do the same thing without taking a paragraph to explain it.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

Nice statistics, Lorax!

EDIT: You might want to change the statistics, though. Kavala is a Toa of Earth and he has a Kaukau, so a Ga-Toa isn't the only one. I don't get this thing with Earth-Pakari and Water-Kaukau combinations... :P

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

I was more roaring about the 'pure' energy bit.

Ergo me asking if I did something wrong. *energy blade. Better?

"Wrong."

I was more roaring about the 'pure' energy bit.

Ergo me asking if I did something wrong. *energy blade. Better?

Huh. I wonder what energy.

Thermal? Kinetic? Sound?

....Nuclear? Chemical?

Oh well. Better not dwelve into the realm of physics here; I only know one A-Level physicist here.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Interesting. I know we have an 'approved' list but I do wish we also had a 'banned' list. Being able to remember the ones you can't use seems easier than the ones you can. On that note, do 'illegal' masks actually matter on Matoran characters? I note the list specifies "allowable Toa/Turaga Masks", and the question came to mind.

Becauuuuuse... if it's NOT on the approved list, it's on the 'banned' list.

I would think it that simple :P

If you were to take this one step further, the list of useable vs banned masks (and powers/abilities for that matter) would be significantly LONGER than the current approved lists. When I originally made that profile post two years ago (and since then Nuju has made some minor edits), it we determined it would be EASIER not only for us but for the players to simply have the "approved" list, because it was shorter and therefore easier to remember. If you don't believe me, go to BS01 and take a stroll through the MASSIVE "Powers" page; granted, there's stuff in there that has no connection to the current game, but if we did it any other way then it would be plausible that a similar or the same power could worm its way into the game. And we don't want that.

Trust me, the way the lists are set up its actually significantly easier to use and understand. If it's not on the list, you can't use it. Plain and simple ;) Even a cavemen could do it.

Ah yes, those were GREAT commercials back in the day :P

EDIT: yes, IMO illegal masks do matter to matoran, because if they aren't in existence for toa, how could a non-powered version exist? Ok, so maybe they aren't powered, but in this game who knows? When a matoran undergoes a toa transformation their mask gets powered up as well, and suddenly OOPS! this new toa has the Mask of Intangibility. Or soul-eating. Or whathaveyou. So yes, even matoran should stick with the "approved" mask list.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Since the new arc started. It was taken off the approved list along with the mahiki, garai, mask of psychometry, mask of biomechanics and mask of growth.

What? No Mahiki? That's a classic mask. I mean c'mon...Illusions.

It's good I can't write with a Mahiki, because that's one of my favorite masks.

lawl.png

I have been known as shark112, Shark112, Shark Owns Demons All teh Time (yes the is typoed intentionally), Sharkalicious, The Venom Symbiote, Zyglakky Shark Ranger, Pope Sharkictus CXII, King Sharkictus CXII, Dotor Shark PhD Bionicle, and Shark.

Because, Shark, people last arc ended up abusing the illusion power of the mask. This is one of the few instances where Nuju actually argued ME down ironically enough. There was too much stretching, clarifying, and otherwise headaches with people using it that I was forced to concede the point and due to misuse this mask was taken away from the players. Yes, there were many good players who used it properly, but there were enough that didn't, so now nobody can use it.

Let that be a lesson to everyone.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I'm really curious about what ways the Mahiki was abused. I thought it was fairly straight-forward: creating visual illusions and shapeshifting the user to a limited degree. It strikes me as one of the masks that has an interesting application in roleplaying rather than just in combat.

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Hm. I do hope Vox reads that...Although I wasn't around long I know I only saw clever uses of the thing. In fact I must have predicted it would be banned or something considering hwo I quickly replaced the only one my character had.

Edited by Makuta Almanax