BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Here is a somewhat fixed version of for reference until it is fixed:

Please use the spoiler tags for spoilers only. -B6

BZPRPG Master Index

---------------------------------BZPRPG Hosts

• Friar Tuck ( PM | Email: joshuakerntke@gmail.com.com | AIM: Tucky Unlimited | MSN: krunch_line@hotmail.com | Skype: bzptucky )
    • Nuju Metru ( PM | Email: aaron.new01@gmail.com | AIM: bznuju | MSN: ??? | Skype: lesmisfanatic )
    • Emzee ( PM | Email: emzee@ymail.com | AIM: RokaBZP | MSN: emzee@ymail.com | Skype: rokabzp )
    • EmperorWhenua ( PM | Email: rschillerbsa@gmail.com | AIM: ??? | MSN: ??? | Skype: emperorwhenua )

---------------------------------

Local Links:

General DiscussionProfile PagesBZPRPG FAQMata-Nui Region Index/MapCommon Sense GuideBZPRPG News and Announcements

Outgoing/Wiki Links:

BZPRPG Wiki (Pre-2011)BZPRPG Wiki (Post-2011)

What is the official BZPower Role-Playing Game about, exactly? Well, that is for you to decide! In the BZPRPG you take on the persona of a character of your choice, and then what happens from there is your decision! Get a job as a freelancer, trader, hero or one of many other choices. Save villages and defeat your enemies -- the chances are endless! Joining the BZPRPG is exceptionally simple: just post a description of your character here. No approval is required; simple post a profile and start playing in any of the regional topics listed here.

BZPRPG Master RulesI. General Rules

All BZP forum rules apply! No flaming, spamming, trolling, inappropriate content, or other rule-breaking actions are allowed.Please take all personal disputes and conversations to PM, and if the situation cannot be resolved that way, talk to one of the Hosts or other BZPRPG staff members about the problem. These kinds of disputes are not to be had in the General Discussion topic.Do not insult other members.Read Friar Tuck's Guide to Common Sense as a benchmark for acceptable gameplay.

II. Basic Gameplay Rules

The BZPRPG is a constantly evolving story written by the players, not a video game. You cannot win, nor can you lose.You must put "IC:" at the beginning of all role-playing posts. This is so that players recognize that you are posting as your character and adding to the story. IC stands for "in character".Conversely, you must put "OOC:" at the beginning of all parts of posts that do not have game content in them. This is called "out of character" and it is what OOC stands for. Keep OOC content to a minimum in role-playing posts and instead use the General Discussion topic for OOC matters.You are allowed to double-post in gameplay topics. However, you must wait twelve hours before doing this, so that others have the chance to post a response. The maximum number of posts you can make in a row this way is three.God-modding and other overpowered play is not allowed. (See section on God-modding)Adhere to basic science, such as gravity, inertia, and nature. Your character cannot bend the rules of the universe to better suit them. Logic and reason come first.Objects do not and cannot appear from thin air. You must describe how an object came into your player's possession before they can have it.

III. Character Rules

Player Characters (PC's) must adhere to all trait-related guidelines as posted in the Profiles topic unless otherwise stated by staff.It is required for your character to have one or more weaknesses. Invincibility is illegal.In PC versus PC combat, it is extremely discouraged to be unhittable. Dodging every attack thrown at you is a form of God-modding. (See section on God-modding)A character's weapons, technological items, mask, and other important belongings of theirs are regarded as extensions of their body. As such, a character's important possessions may not be taken, destroyed, or otherwise affected without the permission of the character's player. Actions which affect a character's possessions without explicitly given permission are autohits.PC traits should only be acquired or altered through IC play.Do not play as another player's character unless that player has given you explicit permission to do so. Likewise, you cannot kill or seriously injure another character without that player's permission.Non-Player Characters (NPC's) are legal to use in your posts. However, recurring NPC's such as personal bodyguards, armies, servants, etc. are not allowed.NPCs may be killed without permission from a player, seeing as they do not belong to a player. However, it is recommended that you bear in mind that NPCs are people too, and take just as much effort to kill as any other characters.

IV. God-Modding Rules

God-modding is when your player is performing with unnatural and illegal amounts of power and/or invincibility. The below are forms of GMing which are not allowed:

Deus Ex Machina's (an unrealistic or improbable way of getting your characters out of a bad situation) are not allowed.Auto-hitting (throwing an attack at an enemy character and not allowing them to respond) is not allowed.Using powers in battle that are not predefined in one's profile is not allowed.If someone hits you where it hurts, then be hurt. Disregarding your weaknesses is not allowed.You may not use information gathered OOC in IC posts. This includes details of other players' profiles - otherwise known as "Metagaming" or "Breaking the fourth wall".Editing your character's traits directly before a fight in order to make them more suited to that fight is a form of GMing.

V. Staff

Respect all staff members.Respect all staff judgment calls and punishments.Staff members reserve the right to do whatever they want to your characters in the IC world as a form of punishment. These punishments are non-negotiable, and a disregard for staff decisions and/or punishments IC will be dealt with severely.Do not act like you're staff if you aren't. Backseat moderating isn't helpful to us in running the game. Friendly, helpful tips to other members, however, are welcomed.

THE THREE-STRIKE SYSTEM:

As of this year, the staff has decided to employ a three-strike system in order to deal with repeated rule breaking and other severe infractions. Should a player do so to a degree deemed serious by staff, that member will receive a strike. The strikes are here listed with consequences;

• Strike One: Official warning from a staff member.
  • Strike Two: Temporary suspension. You are not allowed to post in any BZPRPG topics for an amount of time decided by the staff member giving the suspension.
  • Strike Three: Permanent banning from the BZPRPG.

Only Nuju Metru can issue third strikes to members. All BZPRPG staff can give first and second strikes. Please understand that these strikes are to be taken with the utmost gravity. !!! Please do not post here. Use the Discussion Topic. This topic is only to be used by BZPRPG Staff for updates and rules. !!!

I will post more of this and edit it later.

Edited by Black Six

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Almost. The general concensus here seems to imply that in about 7-8 months real-time approximately three months have passed IC-time.

But, you know, timeskips and whatnot.

Actually, there is no real world time to in-game time correlation. I've taken part in events that occurred in as close to real time as this game ever gets, namely the Infernavika v. Fowadi app afternoon of infamy, but there have been OOC months that were only an IC day, maybe two.

There really is no correlation.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Concerning Wazdakka's post in Ta;

The skin of each Zamor Sphere is made of a special crystal that can become intangible temporarily when physical contact is made with another object. The Sphere is filled with gas, liquid, or energy (depending on what effect is desired). When the Zamor hits a target, the Sphere's solid surface gives way and releases its contents into its target, leaving whatever is in the sphere to do its work on the target.

-BIONICLEsector1

Sorry to trouble you, but some editing might be required (Also, Zamor Spheres (or at least Jitter Spheres in particular) contain little to no particularly dense metallic substances, so I'm not sure if magnetics would be able to create much of an opposing force).

Edited by Lady Firebaugh

pNNgXax.jpg

If my opinion counts for anything, I don't think magnetism should affect the sphere. It's made of crystal and gas, and hasn't been ionised in any way, so there's negligible metal or electric charge for the magnetism to act on.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

On the topic of mangetism: Anything can be magnetized in Bionicle. The power of magnetism includes making magnetic things that could not be in real circumstances.

While magnetism's applications in Bionicle canon have been somewhat broader than in real life (e.g. all metals, being forms of metallic protodermis, seem to be ferromagnetic), that does not equate to 'anything can be magnetised'.

Magnetism is a powerful enough element already, given the high proportion of metal in our characters' bodies, and letting it affect everything would make it OP.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

However, it should be noted that the original Mata, already considered thrice as powerful as our PC Toa, were Nuva at the time, making them at least twice again as powerful. The Bohrok Kal gave them a substantial struggle, even if we note that the Nuva lacked masks for much of it, still putting them at more powerful than our Toa, and thus, were substantially more powerful than our Toa.

TL:DR The Kal aren't a good baseline, as they were capable of feats our Toa would find strenuous, if not impossible.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Just because the Bohrok-Kal were immensely OP doesn't mean they didn't stay within the limits of what those elemental powers could do. They just had greater power over those elements.

And yet still I agree that we should keep magnetism on a fair level in this RPG.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (Mostly Gentlemen)

I think it's a fair assumption that we're all on some level aspiring writers. And in the spirit of that, I wanted to share something.

Here, some writing tips brought to you by internet comedian extraordinaire, Robert Brockway.

(Please advise, NSFBZP language)

Enjoy.

PS. The Mata Nui Weekly is still taking highlights, send me an account of your favorite thing this last week.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Just because the Bohrok-Kal were immensely OP doesn't mean they didn't stay within the limits of what those elemental powers could do. They just had greater power over those elements.

And yet still I agree that we should keep magnetism on a fair level in this RPG.

That's the thing you're failing to consider.

If we take power levels entirely out of the equation, the a Ba-Toa could create a black hole to destroy the world, a Ta-Toa could burn hotter than the sun, and a Ga-Toa could create an ocean's worth of water. All of these things are technically possible, but they are completely out of reach of a Toa PC, because of how much power is required.

The Kal may have stayed within the limits of what the element could theoretically do, though frankly not all of them did, but they did not stay within what is possible for the power levels of our Toa, and thus, they can't be used as a reference.

It would be like comparing a stick of TNT to a nuclear bomb, because both are in the range of what an explosive can do.

Note, I get that you agree that it shouldn't be allowed. But for the sake of future discussions, it must be noted that the Kal aren't a good reference.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

Who's KNI?

The guy who schooled me, slapped me in the face and gave me a wake-up call.

On the topic of mangetism: Anything can be magnetized in Bionicle. The power of magnetism includes making magnetic things that could not be in real circumstances.

"We're not gonna follow canon because we're not Greg!"

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (Mostly Gentlemen)

I think it's a fair assumption that we're all on some level aspiring writers. And in the spirit of that, I wanted to share something.

Here, some writing tips brought to you by internet comedian extraordinaire, Robert Brockway.

Enjoy.

PS. The Mata Nui Weekly is still taking highlights, send me an account of your favorite thing this last week.

Immediately my eyes were drawn to a word that certainly is not for a kids site. At the very least a disclaimer?
Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013