BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (Mostly Gentlemen)

I think it's a fair assumption that we're all on some level aspiring writers. And in the spirit of that, I wanted to share something.

Here, some writing tips brought to you by internet comedian extraordinaire, Robert Brockway.

Enjoy.

PS. The Mata Nui Weekly is still taking highlights, send me an account of your favorite thing this last week.

Immediately my eyes were drawn to a word that certainly is not for a kids site. At the very least a disclaimer?

Certainly, old chum

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"We're not gonna follow canon because we're not Greg!"

My only good quote.

*smiles sadly and wipes away a tear*

Anyways, it's true. Our Toa in this game are nowhere near as powerful as the Toa Mata. The Toa Nuva are more powerful than the Toa Mata. And the Bohrok Kal gave the Toa Nuva a lot of trouble.

Meaning the Bohrok Kal are more powerful than our people.

Ergo, we shouldn't do things based on what the Bohrok Kal did. Because then the world will explode and somebody will have to come back in and reset it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Cracked ain't that good of a resource, yo.

Writing is all about believin' in yourself man. And good grammar. And telling your English teachers that there are no established rules against beginning sentences with "and".

True to that. I wrote a short story in which almost all of the sentences started with conjunctions (wasn't the best thing ever but..). We are getting really off topic here.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

It's sort of important to note though that the Toa Nuva did not have their elemental powers when fighting the Bohrok-Kal, just their mask powers. Cause the Kal stole their Nuva symbols that held their elemental power.

So, that being said, the Nuva weren't even close to their optimum power.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

The law of writing with conjunctions used to be...

"Forthwith thy useth such words as but or and within the opening of a sentence most worded, thou must take care to remember such actions are frowned upon, nay, generally driven out with heretical screams of genocide, shouldst the writer have the gall to bring such a grammatical error as a foreword conjunction to the Press. But for those quiet musings of a most secreted journal or soon-burned note, the scribbling of such improper form is permitted."*

_____

*Me, summing up just about any English textbook from my education. It's sad to see newspapers using conjunctions, "peeps," etc., but for the RPG as a whole there should be nothing inherently wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction. We're all informal writers here. :D

Perhaps neither post is off topic. One talks about elemental capping in the RPG game. The other talks about the use of correct grammar. Both are fully on-topic for a text-based roleplaying game where more often than not the first starts a flame war (flames can be substituted with any element), and the second is something some try to achieve in their writing.

EDIT: Drome and Kadon are fighting over a copy of Romeo and Juliet? LOLOL

Edit #2: Who would be interested in BZPRPG audiobooks?

Edited by Kughii

A word from the Mata-Nui Weekly Crew:

Hello! It's that time again to place your votes for characters and players, or send in personal highlights! Highlights may be directed to Dr. O, characters/players are welcome in Kughii's inbox. As always, we look forward to condensing and sharing the week's playing with you all! ~MNW Crew

"Forthwith thy useth such words as but or and within the opening of a sentence most worded, thou must take care to remember such actions are frowned upon, nay, generally driven out with heretical screams of genocide, shouldst the writer have the gall to bring such a grammatical error as a foreword conjunction to the Press. But for those quiet musings of a most secreted journal or soon-burned note, the scribbling of such improper form is permitted."*

The funny thing is that this actually isn't grammatically correct

:3

I and a few others have contemplated this possibility before. More specifically, we were thinking audio dramas, with different players voicing different characters.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

The funny thing is that this actually isn't grammatically correct

:3

I and a few others have contemplated this possibility before. More specifically, we were thinking audio dramas, with different players voicing different characters.

Wat.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Mata-Nui Weekly season two episode four, for the week of December 10th through 17th, PST.

Player/Character of the week

This week saw an insignificant voter turnout. Please use your democratic PM system. :3 ~Kughii

KENTOKU ARCHIPELAGO

· Akimatai and Akone continue their fight in the yards. So do Sanei and Eishai

· Hogo Noshima expresses her desire to leave the palace. Her retainer follows her.

· An assassin was caught before a high-ranking Hogo clanswoman could be murdered, foiling the Fursics plans. In an attempt to cover the trail first son Kuno drowns the assassin’s mind, killing her instantly.

· The Yukanna returns to port at last.

· Senavysh Angavur, Toroshu of the Tajaar, investigates the bright light on Odaiba.

· Datsue Sakrayo and Datsue Ankora talk in the Imperial Gardens.

· Yumiwa goes to learn from battlemaster Inokio.

· Kulrik returns to Castle Vilda with his retainer Seigyo. After a small discussion she enters his chambers to guard, and at his provocation sleeps on the other side of his bed.

· Sanei invites Eshai to sleep at her apartment.

LE-WAHI

· Colx is confronted by a wild toa after accidentally decapitating an ash bear.

· Korero, Leah, and Sulov Maru all travel via the Hiko to Ko-Koro after they learn of Matoro’s assassination.

· Dorian brings death ala Daenerys to Utu.

· Stannis reveals to Dorian, then Tuara, then Cael: Joske still lives. To Dorian he bequeaths the crystal flamberge. In a flashback, we learn Joske was sent into Legend using the Hiripaki.

· Ryzen helps Kewa at the matoran’s smithy in Le-Koro.

· Drome and Kadon fight over a copy of Romeo and Juliet until they read the end, at which point Kadon is disgusted.

· Lear follows Tuara.

KO-WAHI

· Ahka Tamara talks with Vizier Ambages about the ascension of the next Akiri outside Korzaa’s office.

· Leah, Sulov, and Korero arrive outside Korzaa’s office after they hiko-jumped from Le-Koro.

GA-WAHI

· Helios meets LaiLai and Rannin during a break from work. When he leaves they continue talking for a time.

· LoJak meets Theriss for dinner at a restaurant.

· Helios goes to speak with Euthuchia about potential improvements to the greenhouses.

· Voulge Sarsi complains about the lack of action in Ga-Koro.

· Tyrus (The Teacher), talks with Dr. Liara about Shajs’ illness.

KINI-NUI

· Echelon and JL’s deal is set in motion. Echelon goes to speak to the Abettor.

· Veral and Ceni join Syvra and Venixa’s crusade against Ak’rei’an.

TA-WAHI

· In their continuing hunt for Surina, the Clueless Trio meets Jolek Highwind, and later heads for Onu-Koro.

· Oreius and Sulov’s game ends when the Maru of Earth breaks the pieces and leaves Oreius with an absolute statement on the duty of the Maru. Oreius goes home.

· Detectives Ril and Roshinua and guard Svero set out to rescue Forerunner and Wanderer from the Piraka.

· Wander and Forerunner vs. Piraka continues.

· Kirgan, Hile and Xaron discuss Xaron’s Parakuka.

· The Tablet Crew agrees to go to where the tablet was found.

ONU-WAHI

· Rhea, Surina and Mar converge on the Wise Man’s Archive in a private room.

· Khervos wakes up from his nightmare; he and Tuli make plans to go after Surina & Co.

· Torvoth infringes on Ardoku’s property.

· Akiru Miraul arrives at Ferron’s Forge to find it closed.

· Matan and Natan go to Ga-Koro to make preparations for Rhea’s order.

· The Clueless Trio arrives and trade notes with Tuli.

· Tivanu locates Rhea and Mar. Both sides prepare for a possible fight.

· The Tablet Crew arrives at “the spot” and finds a secret door with a squid monster, which they defeat. Archeologist Shadd joins the search as they uncover the locations of hidden keys. They split up to search for them.

PO-WAHI

· Razak returns as he leaves for Ga-Koro in search of new employment.

· On the way to Onu-Wahi, Ferron has a realization regarding the Mask of Healing he and Zuria found.

· The Brotherhood of Ak’rei’an finish dealing with the undead.

· Qyntar, Vrina and Athiel find the innkeeper flash-frozen to death. Sentinel Korru brings the trio in for questioning.

· Aforementioned killer Akura is captured by the Sentinels in a streetfight.

· Melna, Day and Praxton await Lux’s awakening.

Audio....drama??

yesyesyes

And then we should totally start animating stuff to follow up

Which brings up an interesting question, what do you guys imagine your characters sounding like?

Merror is David Tennant. Though he's not my character.

What would happen to an Anxilia when it is removed from it's bearer? Would it be able to use it's power? Would the bearer have anything happen to them?

Anxilia gets lonely.

The other two simply follows rules of common sense - the Mask, having no Toa to act as an energy source, cannot be used. The Bearer, with no mask, ends up like a Toa with no mask. But lonelier.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'd describe Hakann as a mixture of Rutger Hauer's Roy Batty and Michael Madsen's Mr. Blonde, with the subtly disconcerting lack of emotion (and tone) of the former, and the nuanced, disturbingly and psychotically bemused speech of the latter.

For Noxra, I must say that the closest example I can imagine is a significantly deeper Marion Cotillard's Mal Cobb, especially in the character's moments of dispassion.

pNNgXax.jpg

Which brings up an interesting question, what do you guys imagine your characters sounding like?

Brykon sounds like Daniel Plainview

Ambages would have the cunning smooth voice of Petyr Baelish

Yumiwa could be voiced by Hannah Spearitt, assuming her voice is how I remember it to be, but in a more aristocratic tone

Aurelia sounds like Lena Headey

Antrim sounds like Sean Connery

Anthyn would have a sly, seductive voice. I can't think of a specific voice actress, though

Kaccio has a Scottich accent like Douglas Henshall's (the character was based loosely on his character, Nick Cutter)

I'm not sure about Stannis...

Edited by EmperorWhenua

You know for some odd reason i have always imagined tivanu's voice being comparable to sam elliot

Now syvra.. syvra.. he is a tough one.. I would have to say Robert downey Jr.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I would also like to add my support to the audio drama idea.

As for character voices, I imagine Yasurek has a vaguely Eastern European accent, except cooler and less stereotypical.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Shajs: A rough mix of Hagrid, Michael Caine and Barbossa from Pirates of The Caribbean.

Larikon Torchbearer: Sean Bean-esque voice. But more American in tone. With touches of radical pastor.

Jorruk Yokin: Gary Oldman.

Sukot urn Voyuk: Vague European accent. Somewhat akin to the character in Highlander. During the modern sections, of course.

Junyaus: A smoother, softer version of Phil Coulson's voice.

Tarotrix: An authoritive, Patton-esque voice.

Aryll: A Remus Lupin kind of voice. British accent.

Vulunos: A cross between Howard Hughes and Michael Cera.

Senavysh: Mulan from the Disney version.

Shivada: Haven't had her talk yet...

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I've never really thought about voices...

I imagine Tuli as having a voice like that of Nokama (as Toa), but one that can bore into your ears when she gets angry or excited.

Viima is a tenor (though he doesn't know how to sing).

Kavala is the only one who's voice I've actually described in-game (save Kaunis, who had a squeaky voice, but she's dead). It's a very smooth, silky voice with an undertone of threat at all times. He speaks rather quietly and slowly. And with the touch of a diplomat.

As for the voices of others' characters, I can hear what I think is Tivanu's voice in my head when I read about him, but not exactly sure how he should sound. Rhea would have a mature woman voice and Mar is more like Kopaka than anything else. And Xaron would have a voice like Kongu's in LOMN or Takua's in MOL. Maybe a combination?

And yeah, let's do an audiobook.