BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I was talking about the archipelago, but I should have specified. While we have been speculating in the events to come we have not been pushing the plot forward.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

There's three "smiths" in Onu-Koro. Controlled by me, Lorax and Tabby, but none of us are available in the near future.

There's also Ogeka tech in Po-Koro, played by Click, who hasn't been seen here in a while and "Assorted Weapons", in Le played by Dude w/a hat, who also hasn't been seen in a while, unless he changed his name and I didn't notice.

EDIT: I forgot, Hubert's character Stronin has a forge in Ta-Koro.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

There's three "smiths" in Onu-Koro. Controlled by me, Lorax and Tabby, but none of us are available in the near future.

There's also Ogeka tech in Po-Koro, played by Click, who hasn't been seen here in a while and "Assorted Weapons", in Le played by Dude w/a hat, who also hasn't been seen in a while, unless he changed his name and I didn't notice.

EDIT: I forgot, Hubert's character Stronin has a forge in Ta-Koro.

Wait there are three smiths? I thought there was only Ferron's forge and The toa Akiru's forge. What is the third one?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The Lorax's Matan and Natan. Skakdi engineers.

Ah ok... did not know about those two. Recent thing by chance? And none the less i shall have to look into it icly.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The Otter is correct. Matan and Natan got their first IC with 30 hours of the game's opening back in October 2011. Their business didn't open for a while after that, but they have been around a while.

Dr.O is also correct in that they are currently away from Onu-Koro on a combined project with the Akiru, so not currently open for business.

Now, if you'll all excuse, me, I'd better go and make a post with them.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Just gonna add my two cents just because I missed yesterday's discussion: I would heavily enjoy a war, and here's why: it would force many of us to look deeper into our characters in a really different way. While yes, tons of characters are the product of deep, traumatic circumstances, there are many lighthearted characters with little character development. A war would give them a way to naturally explore themselves.

And yeah I think that would be a good thing.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Well, life and school have once again walloped me with a one-two punch, knocking the free time out of my day and the laptops out of my fingers. Don't expect any activity during the coming school week.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

So, I know that we were discussing the currency system previously, and we'd decided on metal coins. But if metal is so precious, is it really wise to waste it on coins? Or does only metal considered unusable for weapons get turned into coins?

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

So, I know that we were discussing the currency system previously, and we'd decided on metal coins. But if metal is so precious, is it really wise to waste it on coins? Or does only metal considered unusable for weapons get turned into coins?

Another thing to note is that desperate smiths could melt down money to make knives and such (using money for swords would be way too expensive).

Another thing to note is that desperate smiths could melt down money to make knives and such (using money for swords would be way too expensive).

On the the other hand, metal could be so rare that it couldn't be wasted on anything that common.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

Metal is known to be rare on KA, so I don't think they'd make it into currency. Some kind of less rare, but still unique and malleable substance would likely be used.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Baked-clay coins?

could be interesting. I would think they would have clay for the lower values, common crystal for medium values, rarer crystal/precious gemstones for higher values, and maybe metal for the highest amount of dragons possible.

just a thought. a very rough thought.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Dragon might only be the highest value of coins, the other could be called something different.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

I *think* with all the A Song Of Ice and Fire references currently invading many of our members here, it's a reference to the gold coins called dragons(the highest currency value) used in Westeros.

At least, we know we can't use 'widgets' in the Archipelago.

Oh... games of thrones.. silly me for assuming you were perhaps referring to fire and ice by robert frost. And yeah i am kind of glad that the two currencies are not interchangeable.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Ceramic coins would be cheap and simple to make. The only problem would be how breakable they'd be. On the other hand, making them larger/heavier to prevent breakage would be inconvenient to carry around.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

I'm the one who called them dragons. Considering Yumi used them to pay for fruit I don't think it would be fair to think of them as the highest level of currency or whatever. Personally I'm in favor of calling the whole of Kentoku currency "dragons" (yes, it was another SoFaI reference, shoot me [don't actually]) and it's not like they don't have or don't respect dragons there (Kanohi Dragons, anyone?) to name their currency after. I also imagine them to be crystal and shaped like a widget, but those details are just trivial.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen