BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Or for any single work. Except possibly the BZPRPG. How many tropes are there that we haven't used yet, anyway? It can't be that many.

Well, there is a BZPRPG page there, but it needs updating for the past year or so. Seriously, there is.

Fanservice has yet to be properly explored.

Shh, don't give the game's artists any ideas!

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

Implying things like selt would rid this rpg of much of it's mystery.

Implying passive aggressive messages isn't very productive. :)

And, in fact, referring to a Steltian would in fact prove Stelt's existence. Seeing as we only have two named locations in existence, and a few places that can be inferred due to some characters' foreign status, it would indeed rid the game of some of its mystery. It's a bit like revealing America to Age of Exploration Europeans.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Or, we could use one of the two options here:

1. Steltian refers to something completely different than the island of Stelt, or

2. The character never refers to themselves as a Steltian, and nobody knows what they are.

PS - I'm pretty sure there were Steltians last arc.

EDIT: Yep, here. First profile, and it's mashed together with another because of the coding messup.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Last arc, we also had dragons, mermaids, and giant bat creatures attacking Le-Koro. And Matau had an ejection panel. Additionally, if you read the profile topic, you'll find many that do not fit the rules.

Last arc really isn't a good frame of reference for what we should have this arc.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Well, villages in general usually have higher PC (player-character, in case you didn't know) counts than the outlands. Taverns and restaurants are quite popular gathering spots, it seems; I'd suggest you just have your character walk in to some random nondescript establishment, buy a drink, and then add an OOC 'open for interaction' note. Alternatively, you could answer someone else's 'open for interaction' note.

I think Voxumo (currently going by 'Vox in a Box') has a rather interesting character currently open for interaction somewhere in Le-Koro? A big, four-armed insectiod personage with translucent armor and a pretty unique background, if I remember correctly.

So basically, just keep an eye on the location topic your character's currently in, figure out where most of the active RPing is taking place, and then just jump right in. If nothing else, it'll most likely net you a bit of in-game conversation. :)

Ok, another newbie question here :P

I'm not usually a bandwagon jumper, but since I'm new to this, and it'd help me gain experience in RPG writing by playing with more experienced players; are there any large groups-taverns-places of high interaction at all times- that I could join?

-NRP

Yes and no.

Established inns and bars (Takea in Ga, Lavapool Inn in Ta, etc.) tend to draw players in, as people prefer using said locations. Likewise events draw in players due to the Daedra Syndrome (Which basically means that people hop on the first plot line they can find). However, the activity at each varies.

In short, I'd suggest the same as Shadowhawk. Take a look around the topic and see where people are at the moment.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Not many, which is why the syndrome is still around. Any whiff of plot important events and characters will smell it and come running from a whole different wahi.

At one point, Nuju did threaten to bring Rahkshi down on characters who poked their noses into his business, and that seemed to work fairly well. Short of that, though... well, you could try asking nicely OOC.

ppg2.png

Welp.

At least I didn't leave any plot threads hanging.

Sorry for my absence guys. Between my full time job and my attempt at trying some new things (and trying some new TV shows, and video games...), I've been having trouble following the BZPRPG closely enough to post news. I'm thinking of at least putting a link to Mata Nui Weekly up on my News post, so at least there will be another (likely more dependable) source on what's happening.

Speaking of which, if there's anything huge I should know about now that I'm RPing again, please let me know. I really have gotten very behind on the BZPRPG storyline and I at least want to get some things right. :P

Also, no I'm not officially giving up on the Mata Nui Daily, but it is unlikely I'll have time to keep track of BZPRPG events often enough to continue updating it. By all means, if you current events that the players should know about, PM them to me and I'll try and get them posted in a timely manner.

Thanks, y'all! ^_^

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

EMZEEEEEEEEE I MISSED YOU! *hugs*

Darien hasn't been the same without Wokiya :c

Good to know that folks were still thinking about me. Yeah I'm sure a Darien-Wokiya reunion will happen some time. Right now I'm taking things slow with my two characters.

Well, I think you should know that a few of us have taken after you and started running a weekly news podcast. Kughii, myself, Voxumo, Punished Snake and Canis are the Mata Nui Weekly crew.

Yes, I knew Kuhgii was doing Mata Nui Weekly, though I didn't know he had a team now. Awesomesauce!

Is there a website you all use or something? I'd like to link to it in the Index topic.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

EMZEEEEEEEEE I MISSED YOU! *hugs*

Darien hasn't been the same without Wokiya :c

Good to know that folks were still thinking about me. Yeah I'm sure a Darien-Wokiya reunion will happen some time. Right now I'm taking things slow with my two characters.

Well, I think you should know that a few of us have taken after you and started running a weekly news podcast. Kughii, myself, Voxumo, Punished Snake and Canis are the Mata Nui Weekly crew.

Yes, I knew Kuhgii was doing Mata Nui Weekly, though I didn't know he had a team now. Awesomesauce!

Is there a website you all use or something? I'd like to link to it in the Index topic.

Well.. Originally Kuhgii was just using this topic but now he puts it in his blog. And yay Kini-Nui topic.. *Tumbleweed rolls by rather slowly*

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Back on the Steltian topic: a lot of you seem to have ignored that Nuju has declared them to be too "big and strong" to played as. Remember, Sidorak was a pretty powerful guy. And Voporak was, even without his time powers, well, Voporak.

Also, welcome back Lord Emzee. Knew you'd be back someday. Hopefully we haven't left you confused by what has happened since you disappeared.

Daedra Syndrome (Which basically means that people hop on the first plot line they can find). However, the activity at each varies.

So that's what Daedra Syndrome is. Any remedies for this?

Miracle Cactus.

Can I get a mentoring? I need to learn how to fight good in case I do need to here.

While quality of writing definitely helps in playing out something that is combat based, I don't think you should be asking for help just to help you fight, but to actually get better at writing in general.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Back on the Steltian topic: a lot of you seem to have ignored that Nuju has declared them to be too "big and strong" to played as. Remember, Sidorak was a pretty powerful guy. And Voporak was, even without his time powers, well, Voporak.

Also, welcome back Lord Emzee. Knew you'd be back someday. Hopefully we haven't left you confused by what has happened since you disappeared.

Daedra Syndrome (Which basically means that people hop on the first plot line they can find). However, the activity at each varies.

So that's what Daedra Syndrome is. Any remedies for this?

Miracle Cactus.

Actually, if you create a whole bunch of important events an people are occupied by those, that can solve it but it makes new problems as well.

Edited by Aurora the cat

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Out of curiosity, what caste are entertainers in? Be they singers, actors or musicians?

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Fanservice has yet to be properly explored.

BZPower, please add the ability to like posts. Please. Do it.

Out of curiosity, what caste are entertainers in? Be they singers, actors or musicians?

I don't know alot about Dasaka, but I'd guess probably Ringti. But someone else is gonna prove me completely wrong. :/

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Pop culture has no place in Dasaka castes. If someone is an entertainer as a sole profession they would be considered dishonorable and roughly a saihoko, since they spend their time doing entertainment rather than contributing to the workforce constructively. Entertainment is fleeting and not permanent, so it's not a viable profession. Plus, because it's a caste system, a family who's trade is entertainment would forever live in a state of this lower standing with no hope for elevation to honor.

Anyone, however, can be an entertainer as a hobby, providing they do nt sacrifice their real job for that hobby.

In tradition caste societies entertainers are akin to slaves and lowest lows.

In western civilization entertainers were the lowest of free people all the way up until the italian renaissance.

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

And also, could there be Triad clans, or other such groups? There isn't much mention of crime in the isles.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

It's been going for a bit already but I figured I should post something about it here.

There is currently a technology expo going on in Po-koro. Anyone can show up, if you have a character looking for something to do or a place to start then this would be a great place to send them. I would be very happy is a few inventor or smith/crafter characters showed up as well. I need people running booths and the more the merrier..

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

It's been going for a bit already but I figured I should post something about it here.

There is currently a technology expo going on in Po-koro. Anyone can show up, if you have a character looking for something to do or a place to start then this would be a great place to send them. I would be very happy is a few inventor or smith/crafter characters showed up as well. I need people running booths and the more the merrier..

I'd like to go, but I'm still stuck in prison. Lloyd, please help!

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters