BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

This is, troublesome, to say the least. I am very sad at the number of people leaving, especially since I have not been playing for long. I would to see you back here at some point. I haven't gotten the chance to interact with any of you characters as I would like to have, and I would hope to see that happen in the future.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Sad to see you go for a while, but do take a rest when you need it. Real life>BZP. You've done a magnificent job at your duties, and we wouldn't want to see you crash and burn out. You can RP more when you feel like you're up to it again, after all,

We'll be here when you return, so don't worry!

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

To say that this news is a complete surprise to me would be a lie. But to say that I'm totally happy about it would be a lie too, so I guess I'll just have to be honest here.

I'm gonna miss you. I know that sounds cheesier than anything has any right to be, but sometimes cheesy is good, I guess. For a long time now, you've been one of my biggest inspirations in the game, and I've always tried my damnedest to emulate your writing ability. You've always said your writing was "painfully average", but to everyone here, it's always been nothing but fantastic. Reo's battle with Makuta awed us all, Dor's battle with his own demons shook us all; I think I can say with more than enough certainty that you've left an indelible mark on this game - even if future players may at times dispute whether it was positive or negative.

I obviously don't understand why you're leaving, since the government's probably banned the spying of other citizens by other citizens, but I think I get the reasons why you've decided to do so, and I'm glad that you're doing what you think's best for you. Not nearly enough people do it anymore.

I wish it didn't have to come to this, but then, what fun would wishes be if they always came true?

Adios, mate. It's been a great run.

Edited by Aemon Targaryen

[ BZPRPG ]

I never really thought I'd see the day Tyler left this RPG. You've honestly been pretty much my greatest inspiration in regards to this game; I've always just subconsciously equated success in the BZPRPG to "being like Tyler," haha.

Good luck with college and all your other real life stuff, and here's hoping you come upon sufficient spare time to start playing again sooner rather than later.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

I know I don't really say much around these parts, but if Tyler's leaving, even if not permanently, I think it's about time I crawl out of my hole and say something.

Tyler, you're one of the best role players I've ever seen with absolutely fantastic writing skills and a huge amount of potential. You've been a great inspiration to me, and you've really helped this game grow, as well as its community by extension. I'll be sad to see one of the BZPRPG's most talented leave, but when real life calls, it becomes priority number one.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever business you need to take care of and hope that one day, I'll get the chance to see you return.

Sorry to take any attention away from Tyler's leaving, it's a huge deal, buuuuuuut...

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11183&p=641792

"Let all who will take this position rally behind me. And let all who will murder innocents beware."

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

*Pumps fists against chest*

Peace out Tyler. Never got the chance to rp with any of your characters but I have seen what your characters have done and been amazed by the sheer... Creativity of your posts. It is sad to see you go but I can understand having to leave for life reasons. Heck I can understand very well since i had to leave BZPower for a full two years because of stuff.

With that I wish you the best of luck and hope that you shall one day return.

Peace, love and chicken grease

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Tyler......

Well..........

It does kinda suck that the one small chance of interaction we got kinda got cut short by something I could never have hoped to match, but for the briefest moment it was definitely fun. You've been one of the most idolized RPers for me and I've always found what you wrote to be, well, awesome from a literary perspective. It's too bad you're going to have to leave, but real life takes precedence. Good luck with everything, and hope to see you back on here soon! :P

Echelon

Phase Four

Oooooooonononononoyessssss

Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I haven't interacted or played with you a lot, but the little that I did was fun and helped educate me on how to become a better player of this wonderful RPG.

You'll be missed.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Dear Hubert:

Somehow, without knowing why or when, I fell in love with your short posts. They were a foil to the long and winding walls of text I would pump out for no rhyme or reason, they were succinct and humorous, and even more stunning: they made more sense than a long paragraph. I learned a lot from you, where quantity does not equal quality, and that in a game like this what matters the most is the drive of the story rather than an individual player's post. As life calls upon you and you take the mantle of BZPRPG Graduate (with a minor in OTC), I hope all that is left behind in your mind are the fond memories of all the hilarious stories you were able to tell. If you ever come back, I will embrace you with a box of doughnuts.

Dear Tyler:

Like may other players here, it seems I've equated your name with the BZPRPG itself. When I tell friends in real life about the exploits and plots in this game your name invariably comes up. Wherever I turn you have been an intrinsic part of the game, pushing and developing plots that shove the bigger issues of life in everyone's face, making me deal with my own problems as I read about characters working through theirs. What hits me about your writing is how human it is: under the cheeky prose, the flashy vocabulary, and the roaming syntax are the basic moral quandaries of everyday life. You put your characters through the fire and they get burned, coming out with masks askew and plenty of scars but grateful to be alive and kicking. That's something admirable in your work. When life kicks us, we have to get back up and roll with the punches, pull ourselves together after Brykon has sent us reeling, trade blow for blow when the hour is darkest and the light seems to have vanished, and accept a helping hand even if it happens to be a cocky jock with a savior-disorver like Joske. In other words: you've inspired me beyond the game and in my actual life. Thank you.

Dear BZPRPG in general:

Let's keep up the fabulous dramas we're all making happen! I'm loving the voyage of the Inika as it sails into unknown waters. I'm digging that necrotic energy flowing from Blackrock, and I can't wait to see Echelon wrangle up some willing victims for his syringe. Things are starting to heat up: let's make a bonfire. :)

Edited by Kughii

Alright not to veer off track or anything but i have to ask you all something.

Now I find myself wanting to enact some player kills (Where icly appropriate) But i keep finding myself unable to for i always feel bad when i think about all the work that person has put into their character. How do you all get past that or what suggestions do you have to get past that?

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, you can PM me for characters I'm willing to have murdered to start. Second, it's always good to just post here, or PM someone who plays a character you want to eliminate. As for the work that goes into a character: think of the work that goes into a life. We're all going to die eventually, but with the time we're given we struggle and work hard to make each breath great. At least that's how I see it when it comes to knocking off PCs, and after all the failed DND encounters I've done where a character I've spent hours (or months) on finally kicks the bucket I've gotten used to creating a new character.

Edited by Kughii

Oh i am not asking for characters to kill.. I am asking for help getting past my little moral blockage.. How to not feel bad about killing a character a person has worked hard on

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Oh i am not asking for characters to kill.. I am asking for help getting past my little moral blockage.. How to not feel bad about killing a character a person has worked hard on

Well, if the person wants that character to be killed, that's really part of the "work" that's going into that character's development. It's no different than any other important story point where someone may need your help (ie, selling them an important item, or marrying them and their partner, or what have you).

And if the person doesn't want that character killed than you can't kill them, so that's that.

• Upvote 1

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

If a person really doesn't want their character dead, you're likely to have a hard time killing them. The rules state that you can't kill a PC unless you have their owner's permission or you manage to get them into a position from which there is no way of escaping. In the former case, you have nothing to worry about; in the latter...well. Take it from me that getting a character into that position is a lot harder than you might think without autohitting - which is, of course, not allowed.

I don't really have any advice on how to get past the morality of killing a character someone has worked on, besides this: get into the mindset of your character.

Funny. Vox, you aren't allowed to kill any of this guy's characters that he got as the result of several failed dice rolls. That'd be too easy. :)

Hahaha...through my amazing powers of detection, I saw this coming :D

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Alright thank you all for your input. Just was something I have always had a very hard time getting past and I felt it would be best to speak to a bunch of *Coughs* Killers.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If the killer's in Kentoku, PM me and I'll give you a list of characters I'm willing to have killed off. :a: :k: :i:

Funny. Vox, you aren't allowed to kill any of this guy's characters that he got as the result of several failed dice rolls. That'd be too easy. :)
Hey, I saw an opportunity and I went for it.

*returns to scheming*

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

It is sad to see Tyler go, I can honestly say he was the last of the staff I was expecting to leave.

While I certainly am not happy that he is leaving, I see this as a chance to grow. We need to pick up the slack left by one of our foremost players leaving and while there are still many more great RPers here, we still should try to better our selves and prevent the quality of writing here from falling even one iota.

• Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well put. Hubert, I don't know you half as well as you deserve, but I know you were a quality RPer. Tyler, we've spoken plenty offline, so I'll keep it short and sweet - you'll be missed here, and I hope things turn around for you IRL.

I told Tyler recently I wanted to help the BZRPG flourish as a player. I may not be the most active here, but this is, and always will be, the players' game - it's up to us to keep it running strong, and I hope to contribute in whatever small way I can.

(And I expect the rest of you to well outdo me! :P)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Reawakening

What's happening? Who's Utu talking to? What's up with these perspective changes during Utu sections in posts?

Those answers will come soon, but for now I can provide some additional contexts to help improve your understanding as this arc unfolds.

It's clear that there are two Utu's here. One in the present (the one we see, the one who just died and got healed by Cael and Praggos), and an Utu of the future, looking back on his memories. But it seems that he has somebody accompanying him on his reflective journey. No hints as to who that is, but Utu has mentioned that he doesn't at least approve of their accompaniment. "-facing off against your pervasive search of my mind and soul". He has also referred to the partner as somebody he plans to kill or destroy, "Because I want you to see and understand exactly who the bird was that killed you.".

He has also gone so far as to say that he's invincible now, despite the fact that "The Child is not yours to wield, Darling. Not any longer."

The Child, apparently refers to the Mark of Fear "No, not the Mark, that was for her, for you I have reserved a different poison."

Just a little bit more information here. Keep paying attention as we go and maybe you'll pick up more clues. ;)

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Well, this is awkward. Two people who have been here since I started leaving and a scrublander coming back... Oh well. Tyler and Hubert, I'll miss y'all.

Yeah, so I'd kinda like to come back to this game, I just hope my classes don't interfere again...

If I owe anybody anything, could they PM me please? I'll be talking to people on Skype otherwise. Thanks!

Edited by Shaquille O'Kaithas
  • Upvote 1

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

You know, when all is said and done I wasn't really that inactive this last month, was I?

This is probably for the better, since starting tomorrow, I will be completely inactive until Friday

No internet connection is something we all have to cope with sometimes, and personally I actually find it rather healthy.

So while you can be sure I'll be enjoying myself perfectly well without you, I guess a short notice is probably required.

If you're involved my characters, bunny them along as far as necessity requires, but beyond that you're simply going to have to wait.

I'll see y'all soon.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Go for a weekend and this all happens. :dontgetit:

Get well, Tyler.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur