BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

On an unrelated note, when's the whole First Son Paero game gonna finally happen?

Also, can someone please explain to me how exactly one plays Paero? :P

:a: :k: :i:

Read The latest Daikura Koga post in Kentoku. It explains the rules of Paero. As for when it starts rolling, that would be as soon as players actually jump into the game with their First Sons. :)

And with that said...

MNW for April 1st-7th, 2014

*walks off to add the new advancements in Po..*

Always good to see more Mata Nui Weekly... speaking of which, I might have asked this before, but where are the very very earliest MNW posts? Like, before January ( the first ones on the blog)? I remember that there was one in which my character, Torvoth, was described as following Ardoku home in a very creepy and amusing manner.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Always good to see more Mata Nui Weekly... speaking of which, I might have asked this before, but where are the very very earliest MNW posts? Like, before January ( the first ones on the blog)? I remember that there was one in which my character, Torvoth, was described as following Ardoku home in a very creepy and amusing manner.

HERE.

If anyone wants to play in Tyler's jungle gym, Komisk Runion is recruiting a posse for the staff plot. Join in brothers, but I will be making cuts so make sure your character is worth it.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I intend to try to tag along on Tyler's thingy, hopefully with Toa Onaku in tow.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I intend to try to tag along on Tyler's thingy, hopefully with Toa Onaku in tow.

Trying to get characters free at this moment to perhaps get involved in it.. So many of my characters are held up in other things.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So big. There must be several thousand words in that post. This is going to take a while to read.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

In which I like to pretend my characters are important.

*Stares at post with wide-eyes*

Uhm...

*Turns to Hatachi and hands over several paper*

Putting in my resignation of reading over the Kentoku topic. But naw really gonna be awhile before I can come up with a summary for that.. Though it is so far rather intriguing to read

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

kuno-san-tachi-sama is oishii desudesudesu très kawaii 40291balziet - Your average Kuno Fan Club Member.

This party is going to be fun, especially with whatever his mum's going to get him to do.

I do wonder who all is truly invited to this party?

Also why is there not a profile for Nera? I tried looking it up yet could not find a darn thing about her

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Some staff characters don't have profiles.

I suppose that makes sense.. Just feel surprised that Kuno would have a profile but not nera.. Does anyone know what mask or weapons she uses?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

She's an NPC; what needs to be revealed about her will be in time, just like the current Rora. They're supposed to be background characters, seen and interacted with through the POVs of actual PCs.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

She's an NPC; what needs to be revealed about her will be in time, just like the current Rora. They're supposed to be background characters, seen and interacted with through the POVs of actual PCs.

-Tyler

Ah... I did not know they counted as an npc..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Does anyone have suggestions on how to effectively play a menti with the willhammer discipline? I have been wracking my brain on how i would rp out using the power but when I try I realize it involves alot of auto-hitting perse. So any help would be appreciated. Also gravity read the post.. avak in a coconut bikini... something i never wish to experience yet found fun and entertaining to read even if i had to reload the page 4 times to read the topic on my 3DS. Was worth it.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Does anyone have suggestions on how to effectively play a menti with the willhammer discipline? I have been wracking my brain on how i would rp out using the power but when I try I realize it involves alot of auto-hitting perse. So any help would be appreciated. Also gravity read the post.. avak in a coconut bikini... something i never wish to experience yet found fun and entertaining to read even if i had to reload the page 4 times to read the topic on my 3DS. Was worth it.

Haha, thanks. ;3

As for not auto-hitting with a telekinetic power, it really all comes down to wording. For example, I could say

CHARACTER 1 activated his Matatu, telekinetically picking up CHARACTER 2 and throwing CHARACTER 2 against the wall.

Versus,

CHARACTER 1 activated his Matatu, focusing his telekinetic energies on CHARACTER 2, which would slam CHARACTER 2 into the wall.

In one, the action already happened and thus would be autohitting. In the second, the action has yet to happen and thus gives the opponent the choice of whether or not it hit.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Willhammer powers typically manifest in a signature way and are not direct like, say, telekinesis or such. For an example, Kuno's power is perceived by the target in the form of water that comes in first as an eddy and then gradually builds force before it drowns the thoughts of the target and Kuno then has control. Yumiwa's works similarly though her power is seen as the color red; it paints over the target's mindscape, turning it crimson bit by bit like an unseen painter brushing broadly until everything the person thinks is red.

The idea way to roleplay Willhammer powers is therefor not by playing a straight-on attack but a subtle, unseen force that builds gentle pressure in the target's head and takes over. This allows for an internal struggle that the target character can struggle with in his/her mind and either successfully parry or, depending how things work out, become overwhelmed by. It's far more subtle and slow than a straightforward "I throw a rock at you" sort of attack, really, and will take practice to handle well.

Edited by Jenny Quantum

Haha, thanks. ;3

As for not auto-hitting with a telekinetic power, it really all comes down to wording. For example, I could say

CHARACTER 1 activated his Matatu, telekinetically picking up CHARACTER 2 and throwing CHARACTER 2 against the wall.

Versus,

CHARACTER 1 activated his Matatu, focusing his telekinetic energies on CHARACTER 2, which would slam CHARACTER 2 into the wall.

In one, the action already happened and thus would be autohitting. In the second, the action has yet to happen and thus gives the opponent the choice of whether or not it hit.

Oh I do know what an auto-hit is.. Heck I avoid auto-hits enough in bionifight.. I was wondering how one could use willhammer without it becoming an auto-hit.

Willhammer powers typically manifest in a signature way and are not direct like, say, telekinesis or such. For an example, Kuno's power is perceived by the target in the form of water that comes in first as an eddy and then gradually builds force before it drowns the thoughts of the target and Kuno then has control. Yumiwa's works similarly though her power is seen as the color red; it paints over the target's mindscape, turning it crimson bit by bit like an unseen painter brushing broadly until everything the person thinks is red.

The idea way to roleplay Willhammer powers is therefor not by playing a straight-on attack but a subtle, unseen force that builds gentle pressure in the target's head and takes over. This allows for an internal struggle that the target character can struggle with in his/her mind and either successfully parry or, depending how things work out, become overwhelmed by. It's far more subtle and slow than a straightforward "I throw a rock at you" sort of attack, really, and will take practice to handle well.

Hmm.. This is an intrigueing way to think of it and I never really thought of it this way.. So it's like water eroding at stone..

However I am wondering.. Would the target of the willhammer know the identity of the willhammer? I mean obviously if they say their name or something it would give them away but If they didn't? would it be able to be traced back to them?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Hmm.. This is an intrigueing way to think of it and I never really thought of it this way.. So it's like water eroding at stone..

However I am wondering.. Would the target of the willhammer know the identity of the willhammer? I mean obviously if they say their name or something it would give them away but If they didn't? would it be able to be traced back to them?

Depends on the Willhammer's level of ability. A stray thought could tip the target off of the user's identity, especially if the target is actively fighting back.

Alrighty.. Thank you emperorwhenua.. This will help me in the future.. Trying to get used to playing a dasaka..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

What EW says is correct; also, like he pointed out above, each Willhammer has a particular style and flavor to their mental entry. Even though every Willhammer is trained basically in the same way at the Yards, their styles end up wholly discrete; no two Willhammers "feel" the same in someone else's head. This is because every thinking being has a distinct Feel on the mental plane. Like psionic DNA, or a sense of the soul, the Feel is something unique and immediately identifiable about that person. This is how Menti can tell who is communicating to them through Ideatalk, and how they may be able to vaguely sense other Menti around them.

For Willhammers, the art of untraceable manipulation is twofold: on the one hand, Willhammers must be excellent arguers, cunning logicians, and possess a great wisdom about people and their desires (and, even better, a preexisting intimate understanding of their targets); on the other, Willhammers must become proficient in hiding their feel from the attention of their victims. This can be achieved a number of ways - distraction, brute force, a subtle takeover of the mind - but it requires great skill to do successfully, especially upon exit. It's generally easier for a Willhammer to batter their way into a victim's inner mind (if that victim isn't also a Willhammer) and force them to obey than to perform an Inception-esque mind trick on that same victim.

Another thing that Willhammers must be wary of is that once a being has "Felt" another being, they will always associate the Feel with that being. So, if a Willhammer is careless, and makes her Feel conspicuous during a period in someone else's mind, she can be easily identified by the victim of their entry at a later time, if the two cross paths.

test2.png

Hmm... dang very difficult to be a willhammer it sounds like.. And if a willhammer can get into a person's mind are they able to input full fledged conversations in the mind or is it more like what teridax did to the piraka where it was vague images and what not?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I do wonder who all is truly invited to this party?

Good question! Since Kuno got his invite I suppose it's only fair for everybody else to get theirs. So here're the deets!

ATTENTION: ANYONE WITH AN IMPERIAL NOBLE CHARACTER:

IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!!

your character(s) will now be getting a note delivered to them with the following text:

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*• [OMG IMAGINE ALL THE GREAT AND FANCY DECORATIONS THAT ARE NOT ACTUALLY HERE] •*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

By the command of

Her Imperial Highness the Chōjo, Umbraline Yumiwa

The presence of your person and a guest is cordially requested for a festive night of refreshment and conviviality in

the Dragon Hall of the Imperial Palace on the second day following the full moon.

This note permits admittance.

Addendum: Please dress in masquerade.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*• [iF A PRINCE HAS NO LAND BUT A REALLLLLY NICE SWORD IS HE STILL A GOOD MATCH?] •*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Key points:

• The invites will be delivered by Umbraline messengers.
  • The invites will go to toroshu, the clan's first sons, direct family members of the toroshu, court members and VIPs of society. Effectively, if your character has a position of status in society then you're invited.
  • The invites are for the invited and a guest. This can be the handmaiden, a relative or anyone you please. Protip: If your character isn't blueblooded enough to get an invite maybe you can leech off a better and get in that way.
  • The whole date thing is made up: The party will occur soon, basically whenever Yumi gets around to hosting it. I'll post here again when it goes down.
  • It's masquerade-themed, so this means pack a festive costume or wear a fancy adornment for your kanohi or something. Everybody needs to have something. (If you don't have something, I'm sure Clan Plangori can come up with something for you—for a price.)
  • Dinner, drinks and entertainment is provided!

Oh, and one more thing!

• It's really, really offensive not to answer the crown princess' request. kthxbai :)

Any questions?

Hmm... perfect chance for me to have celis get out and about... need to choose a masquerade outfit

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu