BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Announcement time:

Some of you probably realize that I have been absent lately (maybe?). This is because I have been having troubles with my studies. I failed two exams and have to resit them in the summer. I also have new exams coming up and tons of other curricular and extracurricular activities I have to deal with... therefore I'm declaring myself inactive for approximately three months. I will return in July, when I finally get released from the immense workload.

Life is a cruel mistress indeed. Good luck with your stuff.

Until that time, here's the situation of each of my characters:

Lai Lai and Jarkale: They're on The Inika, so that's more of a problem. Everyone in the crew can use them as NPCs, just don't use them irrationally.

We'll do our best. Speaking of the Inika, we need to pull ourselves out of this inactivity. I'll get a post up as soon as I can, but I've got SATs, an English paper, and a debate for the next couple of weeks, so getting an opportunity to do so may be tricky.

See ya in July. I might still check Bzpower in my absence, just not post.

See ya then. Again, good luck with your exams and all the other stuff.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Hi. I'm extremely new to the BZPRPG, though I have some RPing experience. I may or may not have some questions later, but right now I thought I'd introduce myself. (Geardirector told me about this topic-thingy though)

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Hi. I'm extremely new to the BZPRPG, though I have some RPing experience. I may or may not have some questions later, but right now I thought I'd introduce myself. (Geardirector told me about this topic-thingy though)

Welcome to the game! :) I'm Ghosthands or GH (pay no attention to my current display name - we tend to change them a lot around here).

Just had a look over your profiles, and they look good, but you might want to tone down the references to MU locations and groups; it can be a bit difficult for new players to grasp, but the BZPRPG is set in an entirely different universe (or multiverse, or whatever you want to call it) from Bionicle canon. To give the game-world some mystery, the game staff keep a lot of details unrevealed. We don't know, for example, whether the MU exists as it did in canon. As a general 'rule', if we didn't know about it in 2001, we don't know about it now - but there's a whole host of exceptions to that 'rule', as you will soon see!

Some things from later years' canon that do exist include:

• Foreigners like Skakdi and Vortixx, who were transported to Mata Nui from faraway lands by Makuta; the process wiped most of their memories, though, so we don't know much about where they came from. They also carry 'Foreign Tech' with them - see the profiles topic for more info on that.
  • Rahkshi; since Makuta's defeat, they've all gone feral. Not as dangerous as the six from 2003, but still more than a match for the average being.
  • Stuff like Protosteel, newer types of Kanohi, other elements...

We've also got some entirely original stuff, most notably the Kentoku Archipelago and its inhabitants the Dasaka - see its topic.

I saw you mentioned the Nynrah Ghosts in one of your profiles: unfortunately, they're one of the things that we don't know whether they exist :( You can still use the character concept, for sure, but I recommend you remove the reference to the Ghosts and change it to 'a group of inventors' or something similarly vague.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have (though I expect Gear may have done so already :P), so it remains only for me to say, enjoy your stay!

(also sorry to the Staff for writing such a long post that arguably could have been a PM :lookaround:)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Welcome to the game! :) I'm Ghosthands or GH (pay no attention to my current display name - we tend to change them a lot around here).

Just had a look over your profiles, and they look good, but you might want to tone down the references to MU locations and groups; it can be a bit difficult for new players to grasp, but the BZPRPG is set in an entirely different universe (or multiverse, or whatever you want to call it) from Bionicle canon. To give the game-world some mystery, the game staff keep a lot of details unrevealed. We don't know, for example, whether the MU exists as it did in canon. As a general 'rule', if we didn't know about it in 2001, we don't know about it now - but there's a whole host of exceptions to that 'rule', as you will soon see!

Some things from later years' canon that do exist include:

• Foreigners like Skakdi and Vortixx, who were transported to Mata Nui from faraway lands by Makuta; the process wiped most of their memories, though, so we don't know much about where they came from. They also carry 'Foreign Tech' with them - see the profiles topic for more info on that.
  • Rahkshi; since Makuta's defeat, they've all gone feral. Not as dangerous as the six from 2003, but still more than a match for the average being.
  • Stuff like Protosteel, newer types of Kanohi, other elements...

We've also got some entirely original stuff, most notably the Kentoku Archipelago and its inhabitants the Dasaka - see its topic.

I saw you mentioned the Nynrah Ghosts in one of your profiles: unfortunately, they're one of the things that we don't know whether they exist :( You can still use the character concept, for sure, but I recommend you remove the reference to the Ghosts and change it to 'a group of inventors' or something similarly vague.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have (though I expect Gear may have done so already :P), so it remains only for me to say, enjoy your stay!

(also sorry to the Staff for writing such a long post that arguably could have been a PM :lookaround:)

Thanks for the info! I was wondering why Mata Nui was the only location. I'll try to fix the Nynrah thing.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

What does 'open for interaction' mean? I've seen some other people use it.

It's a universal way to assure other players that your character is actively seeking interaction, basically. By saying you re "open" you're technically saying you'd like interaction rather than simply willing to take it if it happens to happen.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

It's an indication that they're happy for other people's characters to interact with theirs; people mostly use it when they haven't got anything specific for their character to do but don't want to just leave them doing nothing.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

It's an indication that they're happy for other people's characters to interact with theirs; people mostly use it when they haven't got anything specific for their character to do but don't want to just leave them doing nothing.

Ah, thank you.

Welcome to the game, Fekoro!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Hey this just occured to me.. Two questions

First how long has it been since the toa mata arrived on mata-nui in the game?

And second is there any holidays in game? Like I would imagine when the maru defeated makuta that may become a holiday eh?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

And second is there any holidays in game? Like I would imagine when the maru defeated makuta that may become a holiday eh?

It's been about a hundred years from the First Toa's (as we call them) quest into the Mangaia and the Toa Maru's mission.

There's the canonical Naming Day, though we haven't celebrated it IC yet... Maru Day might be cool, though Stannis would roll his eyes at the prospect. More holidays can be made up, too, by the akiri, as local holidays or, if more people agree, islandwide events. Also kolhii is still a thing and i think Kughii's been trying to make it a more important pastime in society.

• Upvote 2

It's been about a hundred years from the First Toa's (as we call them) quest into the Mangaia and the Toa Maru's mission.

There's the canonical Naming Day, though we haven't celebrated it IC yet... Maru Day might be cool, though Stannis would roll his eyes at the prospect. More holidays can be made up, too, by the akiri, as local holidays or, if more people agree, islandwide events. Also kolhii is still a thing and i think Kughii's been trying to make it a more important pastime in society.

Well i mean maru day is just something I could see happening.. Would be like the united states independence day but instead the day mata-nui was saved from makuta.. or so we think. But thank you for answering my questions

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Whatever happens in the monastery should be witnessed. One or both of you: Go. Now." The Mysterious Visitor gazed into the bright embers with a rapt sadness.

"I will stay... and tend to the fires.

[Part 1 of 2]

Edited by Jenny Quantum

I admit that's a potentially valid point, so I think the staff and Akiri players might need to take some responsibility for their timing.

I don't see why we should be called on to try and master the timestream when the BZPRPG timestream is and always has been fluid at the discretion of regular players. If you want a holiday, celebrate a holiday yourself; get some friends involved. But if we start trying to sync up BZP Time to suit a single IC holiday across six different game topics, it's poor precedent.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

[Aaaand part two]

"You speak of the realm of kings.

No, Ambages said with utter calm in his voice as he returned to the present. His words spewed like amber oil spilling from a fountain, soft but toxic.

No, I speak of the realm of gods.

• Upvote 1

Hello, Akavakaku, and welcome to the BZPRPG. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

So, to answer your first question, I'm not sure why that would be a problem. Hopefully someone else knows.

I can, however, help with the second question: The BZPRPG's "Main story", or "staff plot" as we prefer to call it, is pretty detached from the players as a whole, most of us just have our characters living their own lives outside of the "main" storyline. Players are free to make their own little plots, and interact with other characters more or less as they see fit. The Staff plot is really meant to advance the setting or shake up the status quo to assure that us "regular" players have a continuously fun and interesting world to play in, not necessarily as something the players themselves will have a major hand in.

Alternatively, there are also "staff quests" which your characters can join for hope of substantial in-game rewards, though also at potential risk to the character's life or limbs, or you can have characters follow their own agendas, the BZPRPG is very sandbox-like in that respect.

I hope that clears that up, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Hi Akavakavu, and welcome to the BZPRPG and the BZPower Forums as a whole!

To answer the first question, I believe new members have their posts checked hefore being publicly posted until you reach ten posts or something. To be sure, you can ask at the q&a section of the forums here: www.bzpower.com/board/forum/35-bzpower-q-a/

Once you've gotten around the profiles, do take a look here for some guidelines playing in the official BZPRPG: www.bzpower.com/board/topic/124-the-official-bzprpg-rules-and-index/

Feel free to ask questions to clarify any doubts here, and enjoy your stay! :)

It's actually five posts. Once you make five posts that are approved by a moderator first, you're good to go and can post whenever you like without approval.

But anyways, welcome!

To answer your second question a little differently than anyone else has, I think the best way to find a "place" in the rpg is to just jump right in. Just look through the topics for a character who is "open for interaction". It will usually say this at the bottom of a post after OOC (out of character). I was once a newb myself, and a bit shy, but seriously. Don't be! We won't bite. :)

Call me crazy but why does it seem the kini-nui topic attracts anxilia wearers? I mean i have seen congregations of up to three anxilia wearers at once there..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I just posted an anxilia wearer there... Oops.

No! I was hoping you would stay and hopefully entertain syvra for a bit..

*Reaches out to grab your leg*

You can not leave!

Yeah i saw your post saying you were heading to kini-nui in the le-wahi topic i believe and that is what made me take notice of the whole anxilia and kini-nui connection.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu