• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

BZPRPG News and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
6424 replies to this topic

#6401 Offline Ringabel

Ringabel
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,569 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 03:33 PM

Whoa what entrusted with characters

Uh

Okay then...I'll, uh, try my best to not get them killed in every way possible?

yeah

that's a plan

(though seriously i'll try my best to play as them)

bzpbanner3.jpg

I used to be 'The X'. Now I'm not.

XBL gamertag: XXaron

BZPRPG characters: Okajo, Xaron/'Stupid slug', Zarok, Kewa, Zolarn, Crasaro, Misanoi, Vanika

#6402 Offline The Nold

The Nold
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 381 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 03:41 PM

Announcement time:

Some of you probably realize that I have been absent lately (maybe?). This is because I have been having troubles with my studies. I failed two exams and have to resit them in the summer. I also have new exams coming up and tons of other curricular and extracurricular activities I have to deal with... therefore I'm declaring myself inactive for approximately three months. I will return in July, when I finally get released from the immense workload.

Life is a cruel mistress indeed. Good luck with your stuff.

Until that time, here's the situation of each of my characters:

Lai Lai and Jarkale: They're on The Inika, so that's more of a problem. Everyone in the crew can use them as NPCs, just don't use them irrationally.

We'll do our best. Speaking of the Inika, we need to pull ourselves out of this inactivity. I'll get a post up as soon as I can, but I've got SATs, an English paper, and a debate for the next couple of weeks, so getting an opportunity to do so may be tricky.

See ya in July. I might still check Bzpower in my absence, just not post.

See ya then. Again, good luck with your exams and all the other stuff.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77
BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547516
~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Radriar~

#6403 Online Fekoro

Fekoro
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 29 posts

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hi. I'm extremely new to the BZPRPG, though I have some RPing experience. I may or may not have some questions later, but right now I thought I'd introduce myself. (Geardirector told me about this topic-thingy though)

#6404 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 9,197 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hi! Welcome to the topic thingy. :) I hope you enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask me or my fellow game staffers for help if you have any problems!

"Why should I be content looking down on the treetops when I desire to touch the stars?"

"You speak of the realm of kings."

"No – I speak of the realm of gods."

- The BZPRPG -

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||

#6405 Offline Geisthande

Geisthande
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hi. I'm extremely new to the BZPRPG, though I have some RPing experience. I may or may not have some questions later, but right now I thought I'd introduce myself. (Geardirector told me about this topic-thingy though)

Welcome to the game! :) I'm Ghosthands or GH (pay no attention to my current display name - we tend to change them a lot around here).

Just had a look over your profiles, and they look good, but you might want to tone down the references to MU locations and groups; it can be a bit difficult for new players to grasp, but the BZPRPG is set in an entirely different universe (or multiverse, or whatever you want to call it) from Bionicle canon. To give the game-world some mystery, the game staff keep a lot of details unrevealed. We don't know, for example, whether the MU exists as it did in canon. As a general 'rule', if we didn't know about it in 2001, we don't know about it now - but there's a whole host of exceptions to that 'rule', as you will soon see!

Some things from later years' canon that do exist include:

• Foreigners like Skakdi and Vortixx, who were transported to Mata Nui from faraway lands by Makuta; the process wiped most of their memories, though, so we don't know much about where they came from. They also carry 'Foreign Tech' with them - see the profiles topic for more info on that.
  • Rahkshi; since Makuta's defeat, they've all gone feral. Not as dangerous as the six from 2003, but still more than a match for the average being.
  • Stuff like Protosteel, newer types of Kanohi, other elements...

We've also got some entirely original stuff, most notably the Kentoku Archipelago and its inhabitants the Dasaka - see its topic.

I saw you mentioned the Nynrah Ghosts in one of your profiles: unfortunately, they're one of the things that we don't know whether they exist :( You can still use the character concept, for sure, but I recommend you remove the reference to the Ghosts and change it to 'a group of inventors' or something similarly vague.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have (though I expect Gear may have done so already :P), so it remains only for me to say, enjoy your stay!

(also sorry to the Staff for writing such a long post that arguably could have been a PM  :lookaround:)

gallifrey_banner.jpg

BZPRPG Characters

Merror ~ Korero ~ EchelonLohkar ~ Zadron ~ Stralix ~ Kilanya ~ Tazera ~ Enali ~ Gotsoko ~ Dakte ~ Lesterin Species

#6406 Online Fekoro

Fekoro
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 29 posts

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 12:32 PM

Welcome to the game! :) I'm Ghosthands or GH (pay no attention to my current display name - we tend to change them a lot around here).

Just had a look over your profiles, and they look good, but you might want to tone down the references to MU locations and groups; it can be a bit difficult for new players to grasp, but the BZPRPG is set in an entirely different universe (or multiverse, or whatever you want to call it) from Bionicle canon. To give the game-world some mystery, the game staff keep a lot of details unrevealed. We don't know, for example, whether the MU exists as it did in canon. As a general 'rule', if we didn't know about it in 2001, we don't know about it now - but there's a whole host of exceptions to that 'rule', as you will soon see!

Some things from later years' canon that do exist include:

• Foreigners like Skakdi and Vortixx, who were transported to Mata Nui from faraway lands by Makuta; the process wiped most of their memories, though, so we don't know much about where they came from. They also carry 'Foreign Tech' with them - see the profiles topic for more info on that.
  • Rahkshi; since Makuta's defeat, they've all gone feral. Not as dangerous as the six from 2003, but still more than a match for the average being.
  • Stuff like Protosteel, newer types of Kanohi, other elements...

We've also got some entirely original stuff, most notably the Kentoku Archipelago and its inhabitants the Dasaka - see its topic.

I saw you mentioned the Nynrah Ghosts in one of your profiles: unfortunately, they're one of the things that we don't know whether they exist :( You can still use the character concept, for sure, but I recommend you remove the reference to the Ghosts and change it to 'a group of inventors' or something similarly vague.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have (though I expect Gear may have done so already :P), so it remains only for me to say, enjoy your stay!

(also sorry to the Staff for writing such a long post that arguably could have been a PM  :lookaround:)

Thanks for the info! I was wondering why Mata Nui was the only location. I'll try to fix the Nynrah thing.

#6407 Online Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,636 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 01:12 PM

Attention, Sentinels

If you have a character in the Sentinels (which has been in Po-Wahi for at least two OOC days):

Here is your chance to jump on the Staff Quest. We'll be leaving in 48 hours tops.

#6408 Online Fekoro

Fekoro
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 29 posts

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 04:49 PM

What does 'open for interaction' mean? I've seen some other people use it.

#6409 Online Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,636 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 04:53 PM

It's a universal way to assure other players that your character is actively seeking interaction, basically. By saying you re "open" you're technically saying you'd like interaction rather than simply willing to take it if it happens to happen.

#6410 Offline Geisthande

Geisthande
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 04:54 PM

It's an indication that they're happy for other people's characters to interact with theirs; people mostly use it when they haven't got anything specific for their character to do but don't want to just leave them doing nothing.

gallifrey_banner.jpg

BZPRPG Characters

Merror ~ Korero ~ EchelonLohkar ~ Zadron ~ Stralix ~ Kilanya ~ Tazera ~ Enali ~ Gotsoko ~ Dakte ~ Lesterin Species

#6411 Online Fekoro

Fekoro
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 29 posts

Posted Apr 16 2014 - 05:35 PM

It's an indication that they're happy for other people's characters to interact with theirs; people mostly use it when they haven't got anything specific for their character to do but don't want to just leave them doing nothing.

Ah, thank you. 

#6412 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,309 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 04:39 PM

The Mata-Nui Weekly has been delayed in publication on my blog due to life concerns.  Hopefully it will be up tonight or tomorrow.  My apologies for any inconvenience.

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#6413 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 370 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 04:41 PM

Welcome to the game, Fekoro!

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#6414 Online Fekoro

Fekoro
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 29 posts

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thanks.

#6415 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,813 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 08:33 PM

The Mata-Nui Weekly has been delayed in publication on my blog due to life concerns.  Hopefully it will be up tonight or tomorrow.  My apologies for any inconvenience.

Short week then. A day or two makes no difference, we can wait.

#6416 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hey this just occured to me.. Two questions

First how long has it been since the toa mata arrived on mata-nui in the game?

And second is there any holidays in game? Like I would imagine when the maru defeated makuta that may become a holiday eh?

aQ85UI0.png

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Celis-Draeverian 'DJ'-Chivinix-Darvin

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#6417 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 9,197 posts

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 09:03 PM

And second is there any holidays in game? Like I would imagine when the maru defeated makuta that may become a holiday eh?

It's been about a hundred years from the First Toa's (as we call them) quest into the Mangaia and the Toa Maru's mission.

There's the canonical Naming Day, though we haven't celebrated it IC yet... Maru Day might be cool, though Stannis would roll his eyes at the prospect. More holidays can be made up, too, by the akiri, as local holidays or, if more people agree, islandwide events. Also kolhii is still a thing and i think Kughii's been trying to make it a more important pastime in society.

"Why should I be content looking down on the treetops when I desire to touch the stars?"

- The BZPRPG -

#6418 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 09:14 PM

It's been about a hundred years from the First Toa's (as we call them) quest into the Mangaia and the Toa Maru's mission.

There's the canonical Naming Day, though we haven't celebrated it IC yet... Maru Day might be cool, though Stannis would roll his eyes at the prospect. More holidays can be made up, too, by the akiri, as local holidays or, if more people agree, islandwide events. Also kolhii is still a thing and i think Kughii's been trying to make it a more important pastime in society.

Well i mean maru day is just something I could see happening.. Would be like the united states independence day but instead the day mata-nui was saved from makuta.. or so we think. But thank you for answering my questions

aQ85UI0.png

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Celis-Draeverian 'DJ'-Chivinix-Darvin

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#6419 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,309 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 09:35 PM

Yes, but so far given the time skips it's been about 6-8 months in-game since the Maru defeated Makuta. :)  

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#6420 Online Tabby: Toa of Cats

Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,268 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2014 - 09:50 PM

I agree that we could use some more holidays to fill out the game. I think Turaga Memorial Day would be another logical holiday-long-term, a local Matoro memorial day might also be worthwhile. If anyone else has some other ideas, feel free to chip in!

#6421 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,460 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2014 - 05:27 PM

Holidays would get incredibly confusing what with the fluid time we use, and the fact that it moves so slowly in game. An IC day can last for months OOC. 

#6422 Online Tabby: Toa of Cats

Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,268 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2014 - 10:10 PM

I admit that's a potentially valid point, so I think the staff and Akiri players might need to take some responsibility for their timing. But it would still be a useful expansion in terms of world-building, which I almost always approve of. 

#6423 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 9,197 posts

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 01:44 AM

Whatever happens in the monastery should be witnessed. One or both of you: Go. Now." The Mysterious Visitor gazed into the bright embers with a rapt sadness.

"I will stay... and tend to the fires.

[Part 1 of 2]

Edited by Jenny Quantum, Apr 19 2014 - 01:46 AM.

- The BZPRPG -

#6424 Online LONG LIVE TYLER

LONG LIVE TYLER
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 10,958 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 08:37 AM

I admit that's a potentially valid point, so I think the staff and Akiri players might need to take some responsibility for their timing.

I don't see why we should be called on to try and master the timestream when the BZPRPG timestream is and always has been fluid at the discretion of regular players. If you want a holiday, celebrate a holiday yourself; get some friends involved. But if we start trying to sync up BZP Time to suit a single IC holiday across six different game topics, it's poor precedent.

-Tyler

late nights and all night drives are reminders why i'm alive

NPC:

"...And that's why you always leave a note."

-Tyler

#6425 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 9,197 posts

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 12:32 PM

[Aaaand part two]

"You speak of the realm of kings.

No, Ambages said with utter calm in his voice as he returned to the present. His words spewed like amber oil spilling from a fountain, soft but toxic.

No, I speak of the realm of gods.

- The BZPRPG -

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users