BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

No, I don't think you're reading quite right. :) *Ra'lhen has been *offered a spot in the Sentinels.

Edit: I realize how caustic sounding that phrasing was so I added a smile

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I want to apologize to anyone who has been rping/interacting with my characters.. been in the process of moving for the last week and when you are moving boxes 100 miles away it not only consumes a fair amount of gas but alot of energy considering it is only me moving stuff.. so yeah sorry for not being as active.. hopefully come this weekend my activity shall return to normal

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Can I just say that not every post with more than three paragraphs needs to have "some suggested listening"? At first, it was a special and legitimate way to amp up the emotion behind a post, but as of late it's been cheapened to the point of silliness. I of course have no clout and by no means intend to make people stop linking to Youtube videos before their posts, but in my opinion it's often not needed and is really kind of irritating to see.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

There is not all that much difference between having suggested listening for a post and putting music in a movie scene. Both of them help set the mood and give the reader/viewer an idea of the pace.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Who here RP's the Piraka? I want to give my Skakdi someone to go along with on missions. Preferably the entire Piraka gang.

Well... good luck with that. The Piraka aren't exactly known for their hospitality. I'll give you a generous estimate of thirty seconds before your Skakdi becomes dog food.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 2

What do the Piraka like that they could have a chance to bribe them?

What do the Piraka like... here's a list, based off my intimate personal experience with the gang:

• Destroying people
  • Destroying places
  • Destroying things
  • Destroying societies
  • Bickering
  • Being the boss
  • Thinking they're smart
  • Thinking other people/Piraka are stupid
  • Laughing at aforementioned stupidity
  • Puns
  • Slapstick comedy
  • Miscellaneous wisecracks
  • Rebellion
  • Anarchy
  • Weapons
  • Bullying
  • Exclusivity
  • Power
  • Wealth
  • Notoriety
  • Others' misery
  • Each others' misery
  • Upvote 5

test2.png

Can I just say that not every post with more than three paragraphs needs to have "some suggested listening"? At first, it was a special and legitimate way to amp up the emotion behind a post, but as of late it's been cheapened to the point of silliness. I of course have no clout and by no means intend to make people stop linking to Youtube videos before their posts, but in my opinion it's often not needed and is really kind of irritating to see.

Mmmm, now I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I am of the opinion that accompanying soundtracks should be reserved for special occasions, and that there should be some space between. So far I've only done it three times, and I don't see another coming on the horizon in the immediate future.

Some big posts work just fine without music. At the risk of sounding arrogant, the post linked by Shadowhawk (to which yours truly contributed) up there is a good example.

The general impression I've been given is that adding a song or a soundtrack to a post is mostly for when something really important character-wise is happening.

I hold no ill will towards those who think otherwise, that's just my take on it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I am of the opinion that accompanying soundtracks should be reserved for special occasions, and that there should be some space between. So far I've only done it three times, and I don't see another coming on the horizon in the immediate future.

Some big posts work just fine without music. At the risk of sounding arrogant, the post linked by Shadowhawk (to which yours truly contributed) up there is a good example.

The general impression I've been given is that adding a song or a soundtrack to a post is mostly for when something really important character-wise is happening.

I hold no ill will towards those who think otherwise, that's just my take on it.

As somebody who uses music in my posts fairly often, I feel like I should at least contribute to this discussion.

I always use a rule for it. It's the same rule I apply to most forms of storytelling I do. Always ask yourself "does this enhance the experience or narrative?". And if the answer is no, then I don't. However, often I write posts to a specific track, and afterwards I do a lot of tweaking so chances are you'd read the post as it was intended to be heard with the accompanying track. I've done this before with movie scores and some songs.

If it does not make it better, I avoid using music, which I think is a good rule. But that's just me. Although it is everybody's right to do this, I would suggest applying a similar rule. But again, that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 2

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

As I stated above, I have no intention of trying to stop anyone who does it, I was simply stating my opinion. If you want to have music before your post, by all means go for it, but in my opinion it should be saved for special instances.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Surpise Shadowhawk! After some time away from drawing I woke up this morning and created more BZPRPG art. You can see Rhea Heartsflame HERE.

Well, thanks Kughii! That's pretty good; I expect the Mask of Possibilities is one of the harder Kanohi to sketch, but you pulled off the feat with unprecedented skill. Nicely done. :)

Although, to be entirely honest, due to my exceedingly, incredibly, overwhelmingly picky perfectionist's mindset as regards artwork of any sort, and in particular, artwork featuring my main BZPRPG character, I'm not going to be accepting it as her canonical appearance by any means, but I certainly do appreciate it just the same. And it shall remain forever immortalized upon her wiki page, for the benefit of all. ;)

• Upvote 1

Well, thanks Kughii! That's pretty good; I expect the Mask of Possibilities is one of the harder Kanohi to sketch, but you pulled off the feat with unprecedented skill. Nicely done. :)

Although, to be entirely honest, due to my exceedingly, incredibly, overwhelmingly picky perfectionist's mindset as regards artwork of any sort, and in particular, artwork featuring my main BZPRPG character, I'm not going to be accepting it as her canonical appearance by any means, but I certainly do appreciate it just the same. And it shall remain forever immortalized upon her wiki page, for the benefit of all. ;)

A little reminder, from the guidelines post in this topic:

The linking to – but not discussion of – BZPRPG-related artworks (podcasts, drawings, interpretive dances, etc.) is encouraged in the N&D topic, as such artworks are usually really fun and somehow inspiring. For those of you linking to your artworks, be sure that a discussion link is, if separate, also included.

test2.png

It feels like only yesterday when the Fowadi and Infernavika fought in Ta-koro.

I WILL NEVER LET GO OF THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS ABANDONED ME FOR TEN PAGES.

I'd like to offer my apologies for the fact that you live in such a timezone.

<3 u hubert

(headcanon naona actually beat the stuffing out of everyone)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

As somebody who uses music in my posts fairly often, I feel like I should at least contribute to this discussion.

I always use a rule for it. It's the same rule I apply to most forms of storytelling I do. Always ask yourself "does this enhance the experience or narrative?". And if the answer is no, then I don't. However, often I write posts to a specific track, and afterwards I do a lot of tweaking so chances are you'd read the post as it was intended to be heard with the accompanying track. I've done this before with movie scores and some songs.

If it does not make it better, I avoid using music, which I think is a good rule. But that's just me. Although it is everybody's right to do this, I would suggest applying a similar rule. But again, that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

plum is fum and i agree with him

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hey, new member.

I do want to join in on this but I've no clue if the "2013" season of it is close to finishing or if it's a good time to start.

Welcome to the game! As of now anyone is welcome to join anytime, even if it is close to finishing. Maybe this link can help. And last time I checked, the 2013 arc isn't close to being done, but the staff have the best info on that. Hope that helps!