BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

"Psychopathic soldier of love" sounds whimsical to the 9th but possesses the potential to be purely destructive.

I say no because we already have Yumi and she can accomplish the same goals.

Love shack~

This. This is the nightmare. Never again.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the sound of that. There are too many bad memories around anything blatantly having "love" in its title, and they all started with weird ideas.

No.

I think there was a baby.

(I think we put it down)

Dude, we can totally love the ocean so hard it explodes.

BZPRPG 2015 setting: The Pit

make it happen nooj

We're gonna end up with the Vika crew facing off with Mr. Squidface, who coincidentally has a tentacled beasty. And who loves the sea. And also a woman.

<3

YES

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I don't like the sound of that. There are too many bad memories around anything blatantly having "love" in its title, and they all started with weird ideas.

No.

(I think we put it down)

By "putting it down" you mean eating its mother while it was still in the womb by putting her between two slices of bread, yes, that's "putting it down".

"Psychopathic soldier of love" sounds whimsical to the 9th but possesses the potential to be purely destructive.

I say no because we already have Yumi and she can accomplish the same goals.

Love shack~

This. This is the nightmare. Never again.

The Love Shack: Not Even Once.

Good times. What a grand destruction.

Edited by The Doc
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

You're not my real mom Yumi

Okay.

Indeed.

By the way, is the current situation around the Lavapool similar to this diagram? I need people to corroborate my information.

the_situation.png

I'd think so, given that none of us ever actually posted there being any movement beyond Jol ducking out into the alleyway to pull Loren over.

But he better not be the fat one.

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

No.

(I think we put it down)

By "putting it down" you mean eating its mother while it was still in the womb by putting her between two slices of bread, yes, that's "putting it down".

I wanna go home now.

Edit: I see the convo has been paused. Phew.

Edited by Just Norik

You know, I'm wondering something.

How does the Kentoku Court function? Is it an absolute monarchy with the Empress going: "Alright sycophants, I have an idea and you guys are going to agree to it" or: "Alright sycophants, I have an idea and now you guys are going to debate the idea"?

Good question.

The Kentoku master post has the following to say:

At the very top of the Kentoku hierarchy is the Empress, the Rora. While the Rora retains unassailable authority in name and prestige, she has little actual military power, that resting chiefly in the Toroshu below her. In essence, the Rora is a figurehead of the Dasaka species, not its true leader. Nevertheless, what the Rora says carries much weight, as she can bestow punishments or rewards upon anyone she wishes. The Rora acts as an arbiter of inter-clan disputes.

So we know the rora's authority is pretty much absolute in terms of social power. A lot of Kentoku society has been worldbuilt through Yumi posts and she has, on several occasions, stated that the royals have the authority to place scolding marks (and likewise accolades) on whoever they wish, as well as directly intervene on clan issues and (theoretically) excommunicate whole clans from Zuto Nui's graces. Yumi has also stated that, when she ascends to the throne, fates can be decided with the twitch of her finger. It has also been hinted that the imperial family, at least the matriarchal line, has a divine right and at least hold ceremonial authority as "Zuto Nui's daughters."

However, to say that the rora is an absolute ruler doesn't quite define her role in government. In Yumi's conversation with her mom, Yusanora said the following:

So! I read your suggestion of another expedition to Mata Nui. The truth is the assembly of toroshu have been pressing to return there ever since Toroshu Nurora came back with fancy fruits, tales of dashi kings and queens and more metals than I can count!” she laughed. “My personal feeling is that we should leave that island be, but…” she sighed, reminded of the political pressure she endured in court, “when the toroshu put their collective minds together their will is unrelenting if not inculpable, so there will be a new expedition.

Clearly, she can and does have to bend to the will of the toroshu. Typically, a session of the toroshu doesn't happen unless convened to address an important point, and it usually has something to do with the military. This isn't quite a legislative process or even anything resembling parliamentary procedure, it's just that the toroshu can and do come together, issue an ultimatum and make the empress follow their wishes. In my conversations with a couple others a fitting analogy to the assembly of toroshu is that they are an admiralty board and/or a Chiefs of Staff committee with the rora as a nominal chairperson.

I also imagine the role of the rora can change depending on how successful a ruler she is. An empress who cleverly captures the adoration and respect of her toroshu could rule absolutely, while other, weaker roras may fade and allow the empire to run itself, which it conceivably could do with the structures in place. The toroshu are very soverign in their own rights and can handle their clans as they see fit for the most part, so they don't have to go to the rora for anything unless they need something from her, typically a favour or diplomatic intervention. To keep the rora's government together at court she has to maintain order among her nobles, so you can see why it's such an engrossing task (to the point that Yusanora has little time to spend with Yumi anymore).

In brief, the empress is both an absolute and figurehead ruler, depending on various circumstances: In times of peace she commands the attention of everyone and may do as she pleases within most social institutions, (ei. religion, polity, medicine, education, economy, etc.) but when things tip towards anything militaristic she has no option but to turn to her generals and listen. And seeing as Dasakan culture is quite heavy on warfare and might, their decisions are not things she can just ignore.

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa
  • Upvote 1

Aaaah my frontal lobes >_<

Alrighty then, so I'm like, not going to be here at all over this weekends, since not only am I working in the afternoons, but I'm also training for my new job in the mornings.

Fun-fun.

As such, my posting is going to be severely limited, since what extra time I have will be eating/sleeping/writing D&D campaigns. A Jiyu post might come later today, when I get home between my two jobs, but that's all situational and I can't do anything about it. As for everything else...

Hub, I'm gonna post as Beynii as often as I can.

I'm keeping Laqriel of the Nine out of the Ta-Koro Battle (I just saw a Kaiju movie the other night, I know what happens when the military tries to intervene in a monster fight!)

If someone could please interact with Aeolus and Arden, that would be cool of you guys :)

And uh… All my other characters are doing… Stuff?

And yea. That's what to expect from me.

• Upvote 1