BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Wasn't there at one time a detailed area of the bzprpg forum area that detailed the rules regarding killing another pc? I could have sworn at one time it was mentioned that you could not kill another player's character without their permission except in the circumstance where there character could have no hope of avoiding said death. For example if a character was chained to a wall with only their head showing without a mask if toa... that could result in logical death without need for permission.

Has the rules on that changed or am I just not able to find it?

A Boy and His Crab.

Because the coolest kid on the block needs to be announced amirite

And now voulge and his crab must have a fight to death with this duo

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

No worries Vox, I remember the baby ussal. Requiem made a good post catching it for ya. :P Also, Farzan and his ussal are pretty close. This new Ussal/PC combo has competition. XD

As for killing characters without Player permission, it should be right in the rules exactly what is and is not allowed in regards to such a topic. Killing a character without Player permission is an auto-hit by nature, and in general auto-hits are illegal in the current game system... I'll let someone who's staff answer better. XD

Edited by Kughii

• Do not play as another player's character unless that player has given you explicit permission to do so. Likewise, you cannot kill or seriously injure another character without that player's permission.

That was from Tuck's post on the general rules and guidelines, section III: Character Rules. I believe this can be broken if one has staff permission.

Edited by Kughii

Was the rule broken? Or are you just looking for the wording?

Looking for the actual wording and rules regarding it. Hence why i checked the rules and index topic first yet can't find it. I mean it does say

'Likewise, you cannot kill or seriously injure another character without that player's permission.'

Just was trying to more so get clarification. Since as i said I vaguely remember that part about if a character is in a situation where they would die that it is unavoidable, such as falling into a vat of lava or something similar.

EDIT: Kughii beat me to the punch

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

On the whole PC death thing:

No, there was never a bit about it in the rules. The only official rule is the part that has been quoted.

It has been discussed many times, however, both in this topic and elsewhere, that there is an etiquette involved. It's not a hard-and-fast rule, but for the sake of logic and realism (which is in the rules) what you said goes in most cases. In an hopeless situation, the victim's player should really just let the character die. They can contact the killer's player and arrange for the manner of death and possibly give them some good last words, but if the end result is a foregone conclusion, that conclusion should be reached, and reached quickly.

There have been cases of players trying to avoid this, hiding behind the "you can't kill my guy" rule, but it didn't end too well for them.

ppg2.png

Why are intentionally cryptic and foreboding replies being given to the party question.

I is scared.

Because spoilers. They don't want to ruin the surprise.

That being said, aside from anything mysterious the staff have planned, is there anything else to do at this party other than get drunk and/or talk to people?

Quick question.

Does Kentoku have an "Onu-Koro" of sorts (a group dedicated to the manufacture of technology slightly above the common level)? I would parade my clan of one around, but I wanted to know if there was a native tech agency already running for the Dasaka; if not, then I'm curious as to whether such a role is open to anybody with a character specializing in this field. What is their tech level compared to Mata Nui's anyways (what can I make?)?

I believe the Dastana are the ones you're looking for:

Clan Dastana

One of the youngest Clans to come to power, and one of the most unusual, the Dastana Clan are more of a confederacy than one single family. Originally a group of Saihoko, this family became so wealthy and powerful through their shrewd mercantile business and inventions (notably among these, the submersible) that over time they gained enough influence to buy their way into the upper clans. This above all else is the reason that other clans universally despise the Dastana. Nevertheless, there are few that would dare touch them: the Dastana hold the purse strings of the empire. They are neither the most populous nor militarily strong of the clans, but they control the merchant and artisan castes, and therefore hold the majority of the money in the Empire, forcing everyone to put up with them. The Fursics despise the Dastana, while the Umbraline remain cool, if not friendly, with them. The Dastana have, over the last few centuries, provided many Mindarms – their clan discipline – to the Empire, cleverly mated into influential families, and performed acts of political subterfuge (to rival even those of the Fursics) on their road to power. The Dastana tend to be the merchants, artisans, inventors, and moneychangers of the empire.

They designed the submersibles, after all. As for the tech level compared to Mata Nui, I don't know. I think that's one for the staff.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hello again, beautiful people.

I'm back!

Could someone mind giving me a brief overview of recent events? Has anything important or interesting happened?

I hope to get my characters rolling soon again.

-Piraka are attacking Ta-Koro

-Echelon is gathering some followers in Kini-Nui

-Yumiwa is throwing a party in Kentoku

Weeeell, now that you mention it.

You may want to take a gander at this

o_o

It took me a while to realize just what that was about.

There's something for Tuli to chew on, then...

That Ta-Koro fight sounds interesting.

Are the Dasaka coming to Mata Nui anytime soon?

Yusanora beamed as she surveyed the dozens of nobles, many of which she had personally worked on projects or met behind closed doors with, and stepped deeper into the crowd.

With a single hand gesture she alleviated the need for reverence, adding, "It's a soiree, everyone—revel in it!"

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa

Any plots I could jump into? Ones that could benefit from more players?

There's like a billion character in an alley in Ta-Koro trying mess with the Piraka i think. Also, Pala-Koro's being rebuilt. And Kentoku dudes are planning to make a voyage to Mata Nui.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Ahem.

A few months back, I told several people that I had lost interest in te bzprpg, and would be leaving as soon as jiyu got turned down.

Just so you all know...

I've sortof changed my mind. Between then and now, I've done a good deal. I gained and lost someone dear to me, got rid of a virus and crashed my computer, and came up with a few neat ideas with some other people. All and all, despite the amount of characters I've made, there have been a few diamonds in the rough. And those diamonds have gotten better (and continue to do so) thanks to those who've helped me and provided me with advice with what I ought to do in a jam.

So thank you guys, all of you.

P.s. I got it right this time gabe.

• Upvote 3

Attention Mata-Nui Expedition Applicants!

Applications are now closed.

After receiving a neat number of dossiers, the commodore has chosen her picks to complement the crew for second expedition to Mata-Nui.

Characters and Players are as follows:

Ageru Dakte - Ghosthands

Dastana Akimoto - Talula Does The Hula

Dastana Daijuno - Emissary

Eiyu Gaia - The Mugbearer

Eiyu Rano - Al the Chicken Man

Fursic Ahrusa - Observedhalo

Mamoru Moeru - The Nold

Kyoshi Asa - Last Son Amakusa

If your character is currently not at the party, they will be contacted shortly by a Menti messenger from the yards.

Those at the party - prepare to have a little chat with the commodore! =)

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png