BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Wow.... I am actually disappointed by this post. I mean I just thought there was going to be something bigger than just makuta taking control of the abettor...

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wow.... I am actually disappointed by this post. I mean I just thought there was going to be something bigger than just makuta taking control of the abettor...

It isn't Makuta taking control of the Abettor. It's the Antidermis he created, and enabled Zaktan to find, seeing that the most efficient way to enable destruction - the Antidermis' existential purpose - is by adding the Piraka to the Vault's "VIP list."

test2.png

It isn't Makuta taking control of the Abettor. It's the Antidermis he created, and enabled Zaktan to find, seeing that the most efficient way to enable destruction - the Antidermis' existential purpose - is by adding the Piraka to the Vault's "VIP list."

Still either way you paint it, it just seems disappointing that getting past the abettor was so easy. well easy for plot characters I should clarify

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

As much as I have things I'd like to say about the use of a cutscene (basically) to access a place players have actively attempted to enter without success for a long time I'm going to focus on the fact it's moving the staff plot forward, and that's all that matters at this point in my opinion.  Gotta get the ball rolling, so thank you Nuju for doing that! :)

• Upvote 2

I don't understand why anyone is dissapointed by Nuju's post. I'd rather have a beloved team of (infamous) characters get through to the vault than some two-bit character who won a contest or some such.

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I don't think it is the fact those characters got in, but the way in which they did

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Personally, I'm perfectly content with the Piraka's gaining access to the Vault, as well as the manner in which they did it. Yes, it happened in a relatively brief, slightly anticlimactic staff-written 'cutscene' (though not without fair warning and due foreshadowing given); yes, one could regard it as something of a deus ex machina (although again, it wasn't like we weren't expecting it)... but on the other hand, we cannot deny that the Vault needed opening in order to advance critical plot elements, and since player characters didn't seem to be getting the job done in any shape or form (we've been at it for what, almost a year now?)... I myself can find no real grounds for complaint. I enjoyed reading the post, and again, am perfectly content with the plot progression it provided.

It's easy to sit and object and debate and point out what one believes should have been done, but it's a whole different matter entirely, actually being in the GM's position. Running a large-scale text-based play-by-post RPG is no small matter at all, and I for one would just like to take this opportunity to thank Nuju Metru for faithfully putting in the effort and hours needed to keep the gears turning. No, maybe he can't please everyone, anyone, all the time... but I daresay, in my humble opinion, he's doing a pretty good job of it, considering what he's got to work with.

So let's give the man a hand, folks; if anyone's earned it, he has! ^_^

• Upvote 7

I don't understand why anyone is dissapointed by Nuju's post. I'd rather have a beloved team of (infamous) characters get through to the vault than some two-bit character who won a contest or some such.

Hahaa, I can't agree more. Kind relating on what Shadowhawk said, Nuju's just doing his job. He doesn't need to be bombarded with complaints(slight exaggeration there =P) when he tries to advance the plot, which is what we're lacking right now.

Another note, I will be gone for a week, so if there is any progress on the Kini Nui Paladin mini-plot, feel free to move my character along with it.

So all of our puny little folks are two-bit, useless side characters in a story that should only focus on the "important" people?

Digging your opinion mate.

• Upvote 4

No, that's not what I'm saying. Of course not all PC's are two-bit, lame characters (in fact, there are tons of perfectly fine player characters, even some more supsrior to the Piraka in mh opinion), but there's no denying that such characters exist. And I'd rather see the Piraka make it through than them.

I'm not even saying that's what would've happened, it's just a possibility I wouldn't have liked to see.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I'm... Conflicted. 

There's no denying that the plot needed to move, but I should note that it isn't because the players haven't been trying (Shadowhawk 1). There's been player interest in the Vault since day one, but no opportunities have arisen for the players to do anything about it. Like the Suva hidden by the Rama Hive last season, the Vault has had a riddle attached that we can do nothing with or about. Unlike that location, the Vault has been a pivotal point in this season's entire plot. And one that has been resolved in an instant by a team of characters that are already basically a reward in and of themselves, without the chance for anyone else to take part, or even earn a way to take part. The Maru at least were selected by a contest. 

And while I'm aware that some have had concerns about the quality of contest characters, I would posit that the very nature of a contest is to pick the characters best suited. Most often that will be the decent characters, perhaps mixed in with some characters that have shown distinct growth, even if they're not quite there yet. That's how people improve, after all. Even setting aside the aspect of player involvement, however...

It was so easy. All that build up of the Vault, all that curiosity about the Abettor... And all it took was chucking some evil water at him. That done, he's now been hacked into putting the Piraka on the VIP list, with access to all the Vault's secrets. Things we've been wondering since the season began.

The plot needed to move. Odds are this was how the plot was planned to move for quite some time, so it's hardly sudden from a planning perspective. And as enjoyable as the banter was, that's basically what it was. While I've been excited for the Vault to open, and I initially enjoyed the Piraka, I'm left conflicted. I have too many issues with this on an OOC and an IC level to really think of it as a positive thing. No disrespect intended to Nuju, either; he's a good GM, and he's done some great things. I just can't consider this one of them.

2CentsPerMeal_220x110.png

• Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

In the end, it is the staff's decision.  I'm sure they've put a lot of work setting up this roleplay.  I'm sure there are other ways our characters could get involved.  Then again, I'm still rather new, so I suppose I should stay quiet on the matter.  But regardless, I respect and appreciate the staff, and don't mind what they decide on.

On the other hand, PC's are important too, and I feel it's necessary for them to be involved somehow, if not in the spotlight.  It's a difficult thing to have room for everyone to take part, I'm sure, but a roleplay should be something that many players help to support.  NPC's are important, but that doesn't make our characters useless.

This is just my personal opinion.  Again, I'm new, so maybe I should keep my mouth shut.  But I felt I should just offer my thoughts.

In other things, I'm considering moving Tukeli to another location.  Pala-Koro seemed like a good opportunity, and perhaps I'll have her hang around there depending on what happens, but I would like to try and get her somewhere more active.  On the other hand, I might just wait, I don't know.  We'll have to see.  I'm not sure what plans there are for that area, but it seems like it might be a good opportunity for the future.

Edited by Pancake

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Okay, back from camping. I'm not dead.

What did I miss? (don't feel like reading right now, headache and sore knees)

The Piraka got past the Abettor and saw something inside the vault. We don't yet know what. I'd link to the post, but I believe it is still the most recent one in the Kini-Nui topic and probably will be for some time before we can all pick our jaws up from the floor and figure out what to do about it.

ppg2.png

Well, it's been quite a while. Since I was part of BZPower, since I participated in the BZPRPG. But not since I thought about Bionicle. While I'm not exactly new to roleplaying (several years of pen'n'paper under my belt, plus some short forays into this forum), I am kind of at a loss when trying to come up with a new character. While the character himself is sound and ready, I'm having trouble with context and where to introduce him.

The times, they are a-changing...

Welcome (back)! It's good to see new (or old) players coming back. For reference,

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/13618-bzprpg-starter-topic-new-players-start-here/

This is a link to introduce players who are new to the current setting.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/124-the-official-bzprpg-rules-and-index/

This is the link to the rules.

You could introduce your character in any of the location topics, there's usually someone willing to interact with you.

Matoran offshoot: they've been on the island as long as they can remember.

Skakdi/Vortixx: they washed up in the island 100 years ago at the earliest with little recollection of their homeland.

The only two confirmed locations in this universe are Mata Nui and the Kentoku Archipelago. Nowhere else exists.