BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Who is the Toroshu of Clan Dastana, at the moment?

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

The gate is the only entrance, and it's buried in the tough natural bedrock of the lighthouse (which survived the explosion of the Islets pretty handily) held up by a crank system, which you'd have to crank from the inside in order to get the gate up, and then you'd have to swim in (since the whole place is designed for ships and naval entrances) and the Marines would put you through a vetting process and probably shoot you if they decided they didn't like your intentions.

And if you're trying to swim into Rockwall...chances are they won't like your intentions.

-Tyler

They can't know you're coming if you don't know you're going there

helo frens

If any players have Evil characters (Makuta-Worshipping is definitely a bonus, but not required) that they would be interested in using for a fairly significant plotline (there's rewaaaaards~), contact me via PM.

Quick update to this, due to the fact that I sounded far more exclusive than intended. Really, I'm looking for any characters that are simply not good (good meaning virtuous and/or followers of the island legal system). This can include mercenaries, criminals; neutrals of any degree who don't care about fellow life are absolutely fine.

pNNgXax.jpg

Why are characters seeming to ignore the paragon route for dealing with Torvoth: someone carries him put of the tunnels. Yes, that player may have to forfeit being in the rest of the plot, but think of the potential CD. Maybe it works for those involved, or maybe they're all bad to the bone or terrified to leave the group...

I'm surprised at how absolutely ruthless everyone is. Zero hesitation in deciding: "Yep. He's a liability. Better kill him."

Actually, Komisk was the only one speaking of killing him.

Why are characters seeming to ignore the paragon route for dealing with Torvoth: someone carries him put of the tunnels. Yes, that player may have to forfeit being in the rest of the plot, but think of the potential CD. Maybe it works for those involved, or maybe they're all bad to the bone or terrified to leave the group...

I thought for a while about how to have Stralix react, and I decided that I've got quite enough characters who always try to take the 'paragon path'. What Stralix is doing here is being coldly pragmatic.

Under ordinary circumstances, he wouldn't want to leave a wounded team-member behind. His justification for doing so now is thus:

• Shortly before the Rahkshi attacked, Torvoth's behaviour was idiotic. He drew attention to himself and moved away from the group.
  • Carrying Torvoth with them will hamper the combat capability of the group as a whole.
  • There may be Sentinels still alive further down the tunnel, but if the group doesn't move quickly, they may not be alive much longer.

Stralix just doesn't want to endanger more lives by wasting time on Torvoth. It's cold, yes, and it's not what I would do. But I'm trying to move away from an 'all good guys have to be paragons' mentality in my writing :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'm surprised at how absolutely ruthless everyone is. Zero hesitation in deciding: "Yep. He's a liability. Better kill him."

Actually, Komisk was the only one speaking of killing him.

I thought for a while about how to have Stralix react, and I decided that I've got quite enough characters who always try to take the 'paragon path'. What Stralix is doing here is being coldly pragmatic.

Under ordinary circumstances, he wouldn't want to leave a wounded team-member behind. His justification for doing so now is thus:

• Shortly before the Rahkshi attacked, Torvoth's behaviour was idiotic. He drew attention to himself and moved away from the group.
  • Carrying Torvoth with them will hamper the combat capability of the group as a whole.
  • There may be Sentinels still alive further down the tunnel, but if the group doesn't move quickly, they may not be alive much longer.

Stralix just doesn't want to endanger more lives by wasting time on Torvoth. It's cold, yes, and it's not what I would do. But I'm trying to move away from an 'all good guys have to be paragons' mentality in my writing :P

Indeed. But you'd expect at least some slight hesitation in yaknow, dealing with some guy's life.

So... I've only been here a few days, but I started getting curious about what sort of dangers I might encounter on the island. Now, I know that Rahkshi do exist in the BZPRPG, but do all 42 types exist, or just a select few types, such as the six variants that appeared in MoL?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Fool.

This is to prepare them for the horror that awaits!

Oh, I figured out pretty quickly that this place is horrible. I decided to make a Skakdi character, and started off in Ta-Koro... only to discover that Ta-Koro had recently been blown up... by skakdi. This is what I get for not doing my research...

Hub don't scare new players away. Where else can I find characters to kill maim burn interact peacefully with?

I think i'm just going to stay on the opposite end of the island to you... for my own safety...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So... I've only been here a few days, but I started getting curious about what sort of dangers I might encounter on the island. Now, I know that Rahkshi do exist in the BZPRPG, but do all 42 types exist, or just a select few types, such as the six variants that appeared in MoL?

As was mentioned above, all forty two most likely exist. That said, we have not encountered all of them. When they're staff controlled, they tend to end up in groups of six, and when encountered by players, usually not in any coordinated groups at all. As a result, the list of what types have shown up is rather...

Eccentric. :P

Anyway, on the subject of Skakdi in Ta-Koro... Yeah, not the best place for them at the moment. The Guards themselves are relatively fine, at least the majority are, out of respect for their duty, but they're ticked too. And the civilians are fairly angry. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

As was mentioned above, all forty two most likely exist. That said, we have not encountered all of them. When they're staff controlled, they tend to end up in groups of six, and when encountered by players, usually not in any coordinated groups at all. As a result, the list of what types have shown up is rather...

Eccentric. :P

Anyway, on the subject of Skakdi in Ta-Koro... Yeah, not the best place for them at the moment. The Guards themselves are relatively fine, at least the majority are, out of respect for their duty, but they're ticked too. And the civilians are fairly angry. 

Yeah... Imma just keep my oversized head down and not draw attention to myself. 

Bad to the bone, indeed.

Right? I love it. 

IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE HAHAHAHAHA

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

The above conversation is a bit misconstrued, and I believe there is some confusion here: Komisk's talk of killing Torvoth was not a threat, but an offer. If y'all had read the first post where he spoke of killing him rather than jumping in half way, you'd see that he was offering to put him out his misery instead of leaving him to die from a Rahkshi attack. In all honesty it makes little sense for the other characters to be treating Komisk like a ruthless killer when he was offering to put Torvoth out of his misery and only got sterner about him making up his mind after Torvoth continued mouthing off.

Edited by badabababa obesity

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

He made his way over to Torvoth, who was terribly injured and likely in much pain. "Doeth anyone have medical training?" he said loudly. Then, quieter, just to Torvoth, "if we can't help you, we can't afford to lose another member of the group by assisting you back to the village, we'll have to leave you here or put you out of your mithery. Your choice."

This was the original post. As you can see, Komisk is neither threatening nor confrontational, he is simply explaining the options that the group as a whole had as far as assisting him. Given, he said this "quieter", but in a cave, there's no way that most of the people around couldn't have heard unless they were holding conversations of their own. Most weren't.

Then, after this amazing display of class and competence:

"The world is spinning around me and I can hardly comprehend anything, but here's my medical training! Also, whichever one of you blurry shapes said I'm a ###### fool, kindly shut your piehole. It'd be really appreciated, show some feelings for the new cripple." snarled Torvoth, announcing his feelings on "medical training" with an undeniably obscene gesture. "Now excuse me for a moment, but I have something to do," he said, waving away the others. Gripping his chainblade in one hand, the wounded Vortixx began to drag himself with his other arm slowly and painfully towards the corpse of the nearest Rahkshi. Then, gasping with pain, he put the revving weapon to the Rahkshi's spine and began to cut with an earsplitting squeal. He ignored the concerned glances of the rest of the party and continued his undeniably bizarre work. Finally, after his ears seemed entirely shattered, he draped the detached spine between the spikes of his badly chipped and battered Kadin-helm. In response to the worried stares, he explained as if it were as normal as cutting wood, "I vowed to myself that I would rip off their spines and wear them as a hat in retaliation for that bonecrushing kick." He coughed, spitting out more dark oily mechanical fluid and fell over on his face. "Ow."

"Can you guys give me a moment? A lot of me is kind of really badly broken and I need a bit to come to terms with that. Meanwhile, you wonderful blurry, multicolored lumps can take that time to figure out which of you poor sods is going to carry me the rest of the way on your shoulder." With that, the Vortixx keeled over with a sharp yelp and a number of muttered profanities.

So he starts...

-verbally and through gestures insulting

-cussing out

-demanding attention that they were in the process of giving him

...at the people trying to help him. It is only after this that Komisk becomes confrontational:

"To think one of us would bother to carry you is pure imagination. If we can't repair you, we abandon you, or put you down." He placed his crossbow to the Vortixx's head to show how serious he was.

Notice that he is still not directly threatening him beyond the gesture of putting a weapon to his head.

I would appreciate if a little more reading comprehension was done when it comes to these kinds of things: I would rather not have the group hate Komisk for this.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I'm not looking for a fight or anything, but if having a pen stuck to my neck back in high-school was a "direct confrontation" than I'd reckon a crossbow to the temple would only be more explicit.

However, my original intention was to spur a dialogue about players and how/why we play. Since I'm on a mobile I'm not going to write an essay regarding my personal opinions or scientific journals with studies about it (oh dear, was that "I shall be brief" for the modern era), but I do want to say I find it fascinating the first response, and those thereafter in generalization, were nothing more than a player defending their actions with a character instead of discussing the more common threads of why we might want to play the kinds of characters who are ruthless and self serving, even if "good at heart." I want to apologize if in prompting the conversation I caused any personal feelings to be damaged. That was not my intention.

• Upvote 3

Just out of curiosity, when was the last Fursic rebellion?

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

By my timey-wimey calculations, I can't say definitively (thanks, BZPRPG time). What I can do is talk about the relativity of the event to current Dasaka characters. The last rebellion finished some time before Kuno was born, and occurred midway through Yusanora's tenure as Rora. Thinking about the last attempted coup as having happened a generation ago - when the "Grandmother" characters like Nera, Yusanora, and Yomiken were in their primes, and someone like Sheika was young - is the best way to place it in our always-shaky timeline.

test2.png

I'm not looking for a fight or anything, but if having a pen stuck to my neck back in high-school was a "direct confrontation" than I'd reckon a crossbow to the temple would only be more explicit.

However, my original intention was to spur a dialogue about players and how/why we play. Since I'm on a mobile I'm not going to write an essay regarding my personal opinions or scientific journals with studies about it (oh dear, was that "I shall be brief" for the modern era), but I do want to say I find it fascinating the first response, and those thereafter in generalization, were nothing more than a player defending their actions with a character instead of discussing the more common threads of why we might want to play the kinds of characters who are ruthless and self serving, even if "good at heart." I want to apologize if in prompting the conversation I caused any personal feelings to be damaged. That was not my intention.

Am I a failure as a person if I were to just say that writing ruthless, self-serving characters is actually kind of fun (I haven't done that here in the RPG, but I'm in a writing course at university, so I've done it elsewhere). There's something terribly interesting about getting in touch with my inner darkness. 

• Upvote 1

By my timey-wimey calculations, I can't say definitively (thanks, BZPRPG time). What I can do is talk about the relativity of the event to current Dasaka characters. The last rebellion finished some time before Kuno was born, and occurred midway through Yusanora's tenure as Rora. Thinking about the last attempted coup as having happened a generation ago - when the "Grandmother" characters like Nera, Yusanora, and Yomiken were in their primes, and someone like Sheika was young - is the best way to place it in our always-shaky timeline.

Agh, this sort of throws things off for me. May need to adjust approximate ages of my characters.

Am I a failure as a person if I were to just say that writing ruthless, self-serving characters is actually kind of fun (I haven't done that here in the RPG, but I'm in a writing course at university, so I've done it elsewhere). There's something terribly interesting about getting in touch with my inner darkness. 

In so many ways, it's harder to play as the hero. There's nothing wrong with playing the villain. It allows a person to delve into the darker parts of the soul, to try to figure out how evil works, and why man does such things to his fellow man. In regards to fun, yes, it can be fun. Why do you think people like gangster films? Because there is a certain fascination with such dark types. People like to watch a good villain, see how conniving he can be towards the hero, see how foul he can be. And naturally, writers like making and writing them. 

I should know, I play a cult leader.  

• Upvote 5

Villains can be fun, but my favourite sort of characters are the neutral, anti-hero types, who work for money or for their own gain. They aren't evil, and they aren't good. I've always found the grey part of the moral spectrum to be the most intriguing.