BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I suddenly feel inadequate for having only one character...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Ghosthands I feel like helping out with Ageru. How do I do so

Just create an Ageru character. I advise you to read the clan's Wiki article—might give you a better feel for the clan. If you're stuck for ideas, or if you'd like your new character to have some important standing within the clan, feel free to ask me via PM or Skype. Even if you don't, do let me know when you've finished the character, because I look forward to seeing new Ageru profiles :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

It's not the amount, it's how you use them.

That's what I'm worried about.

I'm starting to wonder if agreeing to help Grokk pull off the quote-unquote "greatest prank in recent history" was the best idea.

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OK, so the essential difference between the Chapter One Mata Nui Civil war that was a train wreck (monorail wreck?) and the upcoming Kentoku Civil war that seems to be going so well at the moment is..?

The Dasaka civil war has already started! We skipped all the backdoor junk and got right to the meat of it all.

Assassinations. Riots.

The Mata-Nui groups never got past the secretive stage so nothing ever happened!

But yeah, me and Ty got some fun things planned soon here for yall!

• Upvote 4

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Trust me mate, you can never go wrong with Grokk.

You'll only regret it after you're sober.

I'm not actually drunk... 

That's the thing. No one is sober while playing. Well, by comparison.

I wasn't aware I could get drunk of water... cause that's all I've really been drinking while playing.

Unless someone replaced the water in my tank at home with that questionable water from Ga-Koro...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

I wasn't aware I could get drunk of water... cause that's all I've really been drinking while playing.

Sounds unpractical. I always have a bottle of vodka by my side while writing. Takes down barriers of creativity.

The best experience is writing about your drunk characters while you're drunk.

I realise that with the announcement of loot, this might not be the best time to do this, but I put a lot of time into this and a wake up this morning to find that it's out of date already. Anyway...

etc.

Wow, Lucira is the only female Ta-matoran in existence right now.

That feeling when you play all four of your clan's active PCs -_-

Ageru characters always welcome, guys :P

Almost the same here.  I guess that's what I get for RPing a clan of dye-makers in the middle of a war.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

At the moment I'm set on an adventure with Syvra (Voxumo's character). I'm only doing one character right now to get a hold on the story though. I might do more but I still want to get a hold of how things work. I currently don't have any real plans for my adventure but I'm hoping things speed up as things go along, and I'm hoping even for some sort of integration into a bigger plot by coincidence eventually, or else things might get boring. First stop is Onu-Koro though. And by the way Voxumo, if you're reading this know that Syvra's foot is purple.  :P (because why not)

• Upvote 1

Sounds unpractical. I always have a bottle of vodka by my side while writing. Takes down barriers of creativity.

The best experience is writing about your drunk characters while you're drunk.

I'm seventeen. Here in Australia, I'm not legally allowed to get drunk yet. 

I know it has been mentioned already, but from someone who has been around the block several times, let the old geezer say something:

Remember, kids, this game is supposed to be fun.

Sure, we as staff have a bunch of rules to make and enforce. And yes, there is/needs to be a sense of some realism, because we don't want some character to break the fourth wall or have an army of bazooka-wielding gummi-bears (believe it or not I've seen worse). THAT SAID... this is a fantasy game.

Fantasy.

One cannot expect to be completely real when there are beings slinging fireballs, shooting evil viruses, and otherwise popping in and out of existence at a whim. Honestly if you remove the super-serious vibe you get half the time reading this stuff is actually pretty hilarious, because, let's be honest, for as "real" as we make it, we all know 90% of this stuff is really impossible. But that's what makes writing so appealing. You can do (almost) whatever you want, as long as its within the reason and guidelines of the world you set up. This is a place where one's imagination can soar, or at least should be. As much as one cannot win, that also means one cannot lose. That's right folks, just as much as there is no real "winning" there is no real losing unless you wish it.

Isn't that refreshing?

You are in charge of your own destiny, no matter what others or even staff may necessarily say. This is your story, WRITE IT! All I ask on behalf of the staff is that you be respectful and reasonable; use common sense towards other players while doing so (this is why I wrote up Friar's Tuck Guide to Common Sense!) We are here to have fun and write stories good or bad, happy or sad, powerful meaning or not so much, NOT to screw over someone else's character. If you make a character who's sole purpose is to be a prick and ruin other people's day, that's not needed or wanted here. There are other websites and forums for that. We as the player community are sitting around this campfire telling an interconnected story, not a bunch of Rambo's trying to be the dominate storyteller. I spent a lot of time fostering that kind of mentality after a really bad spell - let's please keep it and patch up the damage that has already been done. We are a community. We work together... evening if our character don't :P

Edited by Friar Tuck
  • Upvote 7

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Tuck here just illuminated why I got into the BZPRPG. Actually, Friar Tuck was responsible for me even returning to BZPower in general exclusively for for rpg.  I hear him on a podcast episode for the forums, and the way he talked about being able to tell stories with each other was so enthralling I just had to give it a try.  Here I am, four years later, still playing because every time things got dark and player politics got messy, or people started calling out that there was nothing to do, I'd remember his words and sometimes even quote him in this topic, and suddenly things would improve.  I think his words, despite having been GM for several long years, ring true in a universal sense for this kind of play.  Thanks Tuck!

There's never enough characters.

Really? Because when you count through seven hundred odd in a day and record all of their information, you might think that there were enough.

I think what you mean is that three are never enough active characters.

And on the subject of how many players per clan, that is something I didn't record. I didn't attach character names or players to any of the records. It keeps them a little bit annonymous (though for some, like the one elementless Toa with a kakama, it shouldn't be that hard to recognise them). This way the census is more about the game as a whole than pointing out whose characters are more unique and interesting and whose wear illegal masks (this is back when I was counting those, I left them out of this one). I'm not interested in pointing out who is doing what specifically, but how we, as a community, are playing this game in interesting ways.

ppg2.png

EEEESH

Silo's stuck in prison and the guards are way too clever.

So boring.

Well, let's be fair: surviving Makuta, experiencing a prisonbreak (also last season), and fighting off a bomb-tossing would-be bank robber has kept the Ussalry honed.

However, I know from experience that imprisonment is not fun. If all goes well and your character cooperates, I'm sure we can come to an agreement that allows him a modicum of freedom. I'll be working towards that end and you should be able to expect talks soon.

Edited by Own Personal Quixote

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Grokk and I require a Toa of Air to help with the spring cleaning in Dorian "Dor-Dor" Shaddix's house in Ta-Koro. If any friendly Toa of Air are in the area and wish to join our possibly illegal venture, find the tall, lost-looking skakdi of ice named Natharius who's wandering the streets of Ta-Koro and interact with him. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure somewhere out of the 706 characters there is bound to be one that can be brought out of inactivity. XD

I've decided to stop calling this a text-based RPG.  It's now a TBMMORPG.

EDIT:  Btw Lorax, do you happen to have a list of what kind of foreign tech players used?

Edited by Kughii

I'm sure somewhere out of the 706 characters there is bound to be one that can be brought out of inactivity. XD

I've decided to stop calling this a text-based RPG.  It's now a TBMMORPG.

EDIT:  Btw Lorax, do you happen to have a list of what kind of foreign tech players used?

I'm afraid my acronym is a little rusty. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to what this stands for?

Text Based Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

He was making a quip about the ridiculous numbers of characters inhabiting this one island, even counting only the player ones.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

There's only 178 posts in the profiles topic, yet there's apparently close to 700 player characters.

Seriously, how many characters are some of you people controlling? 

There's only 178 posts in the profiles topic, yet there's apparently close to 700 player characters.

Oh you know, I have about 13, and I know people who have more. :3

• Upvote 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Hubert and Grochi were knocking 40 each at one stage.

It's not that ridiculous.

Just.

Larger than average.

Smaller, actually. I counted 1082 in the first census.

Sadly not, though as soon as I saw the Vault Loot post I wished I had. I assume you want it for the same reason?

The reason I didn't catalogue those was that almost every piece of tech is unique, and so it is difficult to split them up into categories and make a nice, succinct table rather than a list longer than my arm.

• Upvote 1

ppg2.png

I only have five or so. Trying to keep the number low.

As long as your characters don't make a habit of dieing they tend to add up over time as you play.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1