BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Tapio, that is not bad reasoning and my personal opinions on the riddle are not very different to yours.

However, what you have outlined above is not a 'solution' of the riddle. It's a theory, and a sketchy one at that. Had you 'figured the riddle out', then you would be able to tell us exactly what the riddle means and exactly what you would have to do to open the vault. :P

Basically, don't wildly claim to have solved a riddle just because you have some pretty basic ideas about what some of the lines mean...

Okay, I'll give you that. :P

If my theory has any sense though, solving the riddle doesn't mean getting access to the vault because the certain thunderstorm would be needed and that should be beyond our control (or is it, hmm...? :P ) So it might've been possible for me to solve the riddle, technically. In this case that probably doesn't apply, though, haha. So yeah, I might've spoken too soon.

How many people know what's behind the riddle, actually? And who made it?

Personally, I strongly suspect that the Dasaka will have some sort of integral relation to opening the vault. The lines "Across an endless ocean" and "beyond where minds can see" support this.

Beneath the Brightest Thunder

Stand Towers of the Day

Say, are there any lighthouses in this here RPG?

I like the reasoning that you provided behind the Red Star, Tapio, it sounds plausible to me that it'll be important in some way.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The staff created the riddle and are, to my knowledge, the only ones who know what it means.

And jsyk, I would tend to disagree about the 'Red Star lightning storm' idea. I think the Red Star's involved, yes, but not in such a directly-taken-from-canon way...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

What makes me think so much about the 2006-path is the lightning + red star + Inika Matoran as Akiri. Could be coincidence, but you never know.

I can't imagine how the Red Star would be involved if not for the storm. It's not like anyone can actually go there. It may become a possibility in the future, but personally I would hate to see something like that.

Has anyone thought that the "Across an Endless Ocean" might refer to those three-fingered islands?

Faber drew a concept of them, when seen from above, and I don't believe it's exactly canon, but the staff might've used it.

Dunno.

WIP

I still think the endless ocean is the Silver Sea. Maybe the towers are the Knowledge Towers? But if we do discover Metru Nui, how will we even know what it is IC without the Turaga?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Towers of Day

To Quote BS01

"Hahli placed the respective Crystals into the slots, causing the stones to emit a bright glow"

And the Great Telescope is right next to the slots. The Great Telescope is for watching constellations, which are dictated by the Red Star.

Unless the point of the Crystals was for the Keeping Place.....

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

I still think the endless ocean is the Silver Sea. Maybe the towers are the Knowledge Towers? But if we do discover Metru Nui, how will we even know what it is IC without the Turaga?

we don't have to know. basically, it would be like America being discovered.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

@Kapura: I strongly doubt the endless ocean means the silver sea just because the sea around Mata Nui is actually named the Endless Ocean. :P I think Metru Nui is behind the vault though, so we don't know what implications that may have...

@The Lonesome Wanderer: Wow, I didn't think of that. I'm not sure if the staff would include such a thing from the confusing ending scene of MNOG, but that would be great. It would also involve searching for the charms and crystals, which would be awesome.

Yeah but it would stink for the Matoran to discover their past and not remember it, not even through stories.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Has anyone thought that the "Across an Endless Ocean" might refer to those three-fingered islands?

Faber drew a concept of them, when seen from above, and I don't believe it's exactly canon, but the staff might've used it.

Dunno.

Now THAT would be cool. I haven't thought about the three-finger islands in a long time.

But really, we are guessing too early to get any decent results.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Who says that the Matoran even HAVE pasts on Metru Nui?Seriously, Kapura, with all due respect you really need to stop thinking of the canon story as if it applies here =P Think of this as an alternate dimension in the Bionicle Universe, one that is NOT the canon dimension.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I'm with Kapura in that Metru Nui probably exists. This is an alternate world, yes, but it does have roots in canon and some basic outlines have been kept. Mata Nui being a giant robot is probably the most important outline in Bionicle and without that it would make no sense for there to be biomechanical beings running around on a tropical island.

Yeah, I mean, it's not like the Great Beings or even Mata Nui can be assumed to have created the world and could easily have made the world not in a giant robot if Nuju Metru or the other staff wanted it to be.Oh wait.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Except until very late in the story, nobody had any idea he's a giant robot at all :P things don't have to make sense to make a great story. There is an infinite number of other possibilities, and you have no evidence to support ANYTHING beyond 2001 was kept from canon. I mean, the toa who were supposed to awaken the great spirit are dead. That's a major dent to your theory right there.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Personally, I strongly suspect that the Dasaka will have some sort of integral relation to opening the vault. The lines "Across an endless ocean" and "beyond where minds can see" support this.

Stand Towers of the Day

I like the reasoning that you provided behind the Red Star, Tapio, it sounds plausible to me that it'll be important in some way.

There's the old lighthouse that stayed upright when Xa-Koro went down.

c:

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Stand Towers of the Day

There's the old lighthouse that stayed upright when Xa-Koro went down.

c:

-Tyler

Beneath the brightest thunder? The water would certainly make lightning less noticeable beneath the waves... and Xa-Koro was a place of Makuta worshippers so anything related to him could be there...

Yeah, but Vakama's jetpack? And I highly doubt that the mods aka Nuju, Tuck, and EW would have their be a Metru Nui and it not be the Matoran's old home. And there's no evidence against anything being canon.

But let's not forget that until the Toa Mata died, the story was like the canon one. There weren't even custom species on Mata Nui at that point. Therefore it would be logical to assume that events before that twist remain pretty much the same. We're simply creating an alternate universe from the point when the Toa Mata failed.

But let's not forget that until the Toa Mata died, the story was like the canon one. There weren't even custom species on Mata Nui at that point. Therefore it would be logical to assume that events before that twist remain pretty much the same. We're simply creating an alternate universe from the point when the Toa Mata failed.

Not quite, there's no reason to assume that because the story started out as canon that all chronological canon preceding it counts, for all we know the legend of Mata Nui descending from the heavens, bringing the Matoran with him to Mata Nui is the only explanation this RPG will ever provide, as that was all canon said about the subject during the 2001-03 story years. No Metru Nui, no giant robot, none, silch, nada.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Toatapio, I'm going to spell out what others have been dancing around.

We. Do. Not. Know. The defeat (Not death. That happened over a hundred years later.) of the Mata was the first known point of divergence. There may very well be more before it, because we do not know. Metru Nui might exist, it might not. It has been hinted that it does, and it probably does, but until we see it, consider it as nonexistent. We know nothing of the outside world. And in fact, it is likely that there is an earlier divergence point, because Vortixx and Skakdi never existed on Mata Nui.

Which means they reached Mata Nui somehow, and that somehow isn't a way present in canon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

You keep missing the point. For all we know, Vakama got the Jet Pack as a Toa in the Dasaka homeland, the Turaga had become Toa there instead and were the "Toa Kentoku" (as opposed to the "Toa Metru"), and all the Matoran on Mata Nui have all been there since birth and have never lived anywhere else. We could go even further to say that all the Skakdi and Vortixx come from Kentoku and were sent as probes or test subjects to pave the way for the Dasaka to come here. Karz, for all we know, the RPG could all be taking place inside a fancy crystal ball created by the Staff of Fusion which is being manipulated by Vezon in his spare time while he waits for someone to try and take the Mask of time that is embedded onto his waist.(as opposed to the Mask of Life embedded on the back of his head, in case you miss what I did there).[No, that was not supposed to be a legitimate theory or make sense.]The point is, nothing has been revealed outside of a twisted 2001 story. we are not bound in ANY way by the canon (so all you Skakdi and Vortixx guys? STOP talking about Xia and 'Za as if they exist!), and there is no way of us being able to know or predict anything about the world outside Mata Nui.EDIT: Oh Karz it...ninja'd again.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

People, people, people, let me just nitpick about one thing.

"I doubt that", "I can't imagine", etc. are not arguments, despite some among you consistently using them as such. An argument would be something you attach to a "because" afterward. Eg. "I don't think that it's Metru Nui, because the staff wouldn't do something so simple" is a reasoned statement. "I doubt that it's Metru Nui" isn't. Frankly speaking, nobody really cares what you doubt unless you provide reasons for such a doubt. No offense.

Also, people, Geardirector is right, you should listen to him.

-Dovydas

Well, there are technically already characters who have been struck by controlled Red Star lightning - from what I heard, they did take a while to reapprove. But, seeing as they were reapproved to begin with, I doubt characters actually being hit with red lightning has anything to do with it.

Now, the Red Star is almost certainly involved somehow... and I think the only lighthouse left is the one left from Xa-Koro, which would make a certain amount of since as a hiding place for Makuta's key.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Well, there are technically already characters who have been struck by controlled Red Star lightning - from what I heard, they did take a while to reapprove. But, seeing as they were reapproved to begin with, I doubt characters actually being hit with red lightning has anything to do with it.

Now, the Red Star is almost certainly involved somehow... and I think the only lighthouse left is the one left from Xa-Koro, which would make a certain amount of since as a hiding place for Makuta's key.

.....what

Which characters are these?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

@Geardirector:

-Xa-Koro: What used to be the “seventh Koro,” a boardwalk city that was a conglomeration of thieves and sinners, was sunk into the ocean during the days of Makuta. Now, it is a treacherous submarine place to the south of Le-Wahi, full of secrets to be discovered by any brave enough to dive into the unstable, undersea ruins.

Q2TtLEz.png

The riddle says "Towers of day" a single lighthouse makes that hard.

Edit: I will be gone from tomorrow till sometime on the weekend. I don't know if I will have internet while I'm there so I apologize for anyone I leave hanging.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Any character that wears an Anxillia (living mask) was struck by the Red Star and cannot remember it.EDIT: If we can come up with IC reasoning, anyone favor a task force to check out that lighthouse?

I would like to, if for no other reason than to at least for a moment be part of the Main Arc if we're on to something here =P But chances are, as Silvan touched the surface of, one lighthouse does not exactly constitute a plural tense, by definition.

"Wrong."

Any character that wears an Anxillia (living mask) was struck by the Red Star and cannot remember it.EDIT: If we can come up with IC reasoning, anyone favor a task force to check out that lighthouse?

I would like to, if for no other reason than to at least for a moment be part of the Main Arc if we're on to something here =P But chances are, as Silvan touched the surface of, one lighthouse does not exactly constitute a plural tense, by definition.

I may have a char for this, it depends.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...