BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

wargh, so much fighting going on and I still don't know what to dooooooo~ (or rather, Joskander doesn't, but close enough.)

...on a different note, awesome Joske is awesome.  ^_^

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Nothing like a licensed portrait.

Well done.

Anyway, have any PCs actually met the Kentoku Abettor yet, and, if not, would anyone like to?

None have, because none know it exists. If you want to visit it, you'd need to discuss with the staff if we can arrange for it to be accidentally found. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

What part of the RPG did you think was real? I don't think the R-word really applies to any part of the BZPRPG world. At all. Ever.

I also have no pretty boys. I have a Skakdi who currently views Grokk as his role model, a confused Toa of Plasma with no memories of her past, a perpetually drunk Toa of Sonics, an neutral/evil Vortixx who is very talented at hurting people, and an evil Ta-Matoran who likes setting stuff on fire.

Yep... I'm a terrible person...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Am I the only one who thinks the battle at Ko-Koro is never going to freakin' end?!

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Am I the only one who thinks the battle at Ko-Koro is never going to freakin' end?!

The last time there was a battle this big, it lasted exactly a month. We're only on... What, a week? And that was for a player-created location.

So we're at most twenty five percent done. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

So, just to be sure, is the Sanctum separated from the rest of the Koro by a deep chasm, and has the bridge over it collapsed entirely, or just partially?

Yes to the first. To the second, the main bridge has collapsed, but there are other smaller ones off to the sides. 

(Again, people with authority over Ko-Koro may overrule me on that.)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'm still waiting for a chance to have Joskander actually join in the fight.  Who was he talking to, again?  I think it was some guy controlled by badabababa...?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

So, just to be sure, is the Sanctum separated from the rest of the Koro by a deep chasm, and has the bridge over it collapsed entirely, or just partially?

Yes to the first. To the second, the main bridge has collapsed, but there are other smaller ones off to the sides. 

(Again, people with authority over Ko-Koro may overrule me on that.)

Nope Ghosthands has an excellent grip on the layout of the Koro listen to him. I recommend playing through the MNOLGII to get a sense of the geography, or at least glance at a few pictures of the game's Ko-Koro section, because in my mind that game is canon for Ko-Koro's look and setup.

It is also worth reminding y'all that the hospital is actually not within the village walls but a fair distance away. 

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Question that relates to BZPRPG conceptions of anatomy: if Joske was wearing armor, why would Zaktan look for an abdominal scar? In more general terms, how are we playing the idea of the Bionicle exoskeletal armor? I get having an analogy of skin on certain areas of the body (hands, in joint areas, that sort of thing), but shouldn't a large portion of the body be covered in jointed armor? Or am I just playing and thinking too closely to Canon?

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

As far as my artistic interpretation goes, Toa have their own 'exodermis' skin as it were, over which they wear their armor, which again stays roughly true to humans. But that is just what I use for my art and personal headcanon. Other characters have been described as wearing actual clothing while yet others are treated with armor=skin, so...tough call. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

EDIT: i try to imagine them as close to how they were depicted in the films as much as my brain will let me. As for injuries, I always assume that they have some measure of armor on at all times and as such try to treat injuries as if my characters were wearing leather armor 24/7. Otherwise, they get injured the same way a human would get injured, not accounting for innate elemental resistances when applicable.

Didn't they call it off the last time because-oh wait, I've got the quote.

1) I've decided not to incorporate an official anatomy into the rules next year. I gave this a lot of thought. Not only did I receive only about three entries - demonstrating a lack of player interest in having such a guide - but also, since the contest was proposed, I haven't seen any anatomical debates or issues arise in-game. In the past anatomy hasn't been a problem, and maybe it was just a problem for us for a little while; I hope we're able to move past it, because I would rather see players interpreting their characters themselves. Creative liberties like that are a staple of the game, after all.

The guide entries I got were all very in-depth and I could tell that their submitters had put a good deal of thought and effort into their entries, so to the few of you who actually entered something for this contest, I'm sorry to have wasted your time and energies. Thank you for your passion and thoughtfulness. With luck, writing such an anatomy has helped you crystallize how your own characters operate, so there's still some good out of it. Everyone, just treat your characters' bodies like human bodies when it comes to injury, and we should be fine.

Edited by namcurtsnoC
  • Upvote 2

I like to think of 'armor' as more of a carapace, sort of like a crab. It's a part of them, rather than something they buckle on every morning. Since we're going by human standards, the armor isnt all that strong when confronted by a blade or projectile. If a sword grazes your chest, you will likely start to bleed. So the body is more protected than that of a human, enough so that clothing isnt necessary to protect you from the elements (except extremes of course).

• Upvote 1

Hey staff, would you be down for running another anatomy contest?

no, but i'm down to make sure the next person who suggests it will be promptly dumped in a marsh and never seen again.

-Tyler

• Upvote 6

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I enjoy intellectual discussion as much as anyone... But this again? Really guys? It hasn't even been a week. :P

I'm too lazy to go round up the quote from Q&A, or quote myself, so I'll restate; of the things expressed here, Corv has it closest to how I treat it. It is a fact that, for the purposes of combat and fair play, PCs are nearly identical to humans. They have 'skin', they have muscles, arteries, nerves, all that. If you scratch 'em, they bleed. If you cut a tendon, they can't move properly, et cetera. Now, however you choose to treat this is up to you. You can choose to have whatever explanation for how that is that you want, but that is, unequivocally, how it is.

Hey staff, would you be down for running another anatomy contest?

No. But I'd be glad to run a vivisection in order to demonstrate how anatomy currently works on, like Tyler said, the next person to mention the idea. :P

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

Notice to Ko-Koro players, I'll put up a Larikon post tomorrow. And let me say, things will be explosive.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur