BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Toa of Air controlling oxygen and friction to create flame, anyone?

As long as all they did was create the flames and had an outside source to set them of I really don't see the problem with this. Its just a creative use of powers.

I thought of this and asked Nuju about it not too long ago, namely in the context of controlling gases in the air and using a sparker to cause explosions (basically Toa Roy Mustang). He said no =( specifically he said that controlling the individual gases which make up the general "air" was "a little dubious."

Edited by Zox Tomana

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

It has been more than "a little" dubious since the beginning of last arc, when Tuck posted this on elemental sub-powers. It mentions that same trick, along with others like it and some general guidelines on the application of elemental powers in unusual ways. It is an old post, but I think we can assume that most of it still applies.

ppg2.png

Air molecules to move so fast that they cause objects to burst into flame, then manipulate the air (particularly oxygen) to control the flame.

There is a huge difference between literally vibrating the air until it bursts in to flame and causing explosions by lighting a flammable gas that you just formed. While I'm sure that people have yet to realize many of the properties of oxygen on Mata Nui it not the only gas that could be used. Methane could work just as well and we have an entire wahi sized jungle/swamp and over a hundred years to observe how it works.

I find it highly doubtful that a Toa of Air can not tell that there is more than one kind of gas floating around.

Ultan is a high-caliber elementalist in Fire, in that, under the correct circumstances, he can create enough heat and friction in the air around him to create lightning. He cannot control lightning, but can launch it and direct it on heat flows in a direct line at a target.

We have an example like this and the Toa of Air creating explosions is that out there?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Common sense is not a realm I often visit.

Hence why I'm on the RPG...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That seems to be a very specific example. Did someone try that?

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

In other news, guess who just successfully got a Rahkshi into Onu-Koro? 

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you bend the truth just a little bit...

I'm always careful... that's why neither of my evil characters have been captured or killed yet.  :D

I'm not planning on reactivating my Rahkshi until after the attack has begun. 

By then, it will be too late to stop me... MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!  :evilbiggrin:

- TO ALL EVILDOERS PLANNING ON HELPING WITH THE UPCOMING PIRAKA ATTACK ON ONU-KORO -

My Vortixx Lash (and the Rahkshi she just brought into the city) have just hired out a small Inn and paid the innkeeper to skip town for a few weeks. Any evildoers working with he Piraka/Legacy who are wanting to gather in preparation for the attack, please head for The Ussal Crabp Inn on the outskirts of the city. It shall be our temporary base of operations until the time comes... 

Understood, Kughs. Focus on getting better. We'll all still be around when you get here.

Guys, guys, don't be mean to the guys who can only excel at mini-golf.

:sly:

I lied.

We're going to suffer a staff reduction. 

:)

• Upvote 9

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Ayyyr

No but really. You all steamrolled right over Alex, but I'm not as easy to miss when you look through your windshield. Back on topic or I start cracking down.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

In other news, a fight has just broken out at the Ko-Koro hospital. I tried... and failed... to take out the defenders there. 

Well, there goes the wildfire I spent a whole five minutes writing. Well played, overpowered carrier pigeons, well played....

So I just found out Cage was a thing.

I'm not entirely certain how to react to this.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I wasn't here for what now?

*is seriously debating whether or not asking for context would be a good idea*

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )