BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Thanks Kughz! I'm actually really grateful that you introduced me to the RPG. I've improved quite a bit since joining, and recently I've been trying to put myself out there and get more involved a lot more than usual.

I agree that oftentimes I've seen some pretty harsh treatment of other players, often indirectly but nevertheless. My advice to anyone who is a victim of this is to realize that it's their problem, and not yours. This is a game meant for collaboration and fun for everyone. I try to keep that in mind as much as I can when I get frustrated by autohits and other mishaps. If you have to navigate peoples egos to get to the fun, then so be it. It's usually worth it in this game, and overall I've really enjoyed my time here.

Keep up the fantastic work guys.

~Req

As I said previously, my PS3 has a text limit on my posts, and I don't have a computer. In other words, my profile post only has enough space for Verulas' character, and if I were to make another I'd have to delete him (which doesn't solve the situation as I'd still only have one character). Granted, I do have 100% of my BZPRPG time to develop him, but having to decide whether to take part in one cool-sounding event over another is still a bit frustrating.

Knowing the bossman, I have my doubts that this is going to be your last chance to get Verulas involved in a cool event.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  ;)

EDIT: While I'm here, does anyone know the whereabouts of Nightfall at the moment? Some of the posts imply that they're making their way up the stairs to the Sanctum, while Echelon's posts seems to reveal that they're all inside the (now-sealed) building.

Unless I'm reading this all wrong.

Thanks!

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

Can someone please send me a PM pointing to the latest city developments in Ta-Koro, as well as the current happenings since the Maru got curb-stomped?

Hub sent you one, but if you find it isn't detailed enough, or it lacks something you want to know, feel free to drop me a line. :)

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Thanks you two!  I'll be checking my PM box and sending one to you, Mr. Jaller. :P (I hope your inbox has room.)

Void, as for Nightfall, I want to say they're still serving punishment on the steps or just inside, but I'm not the best to answer since I stopped reading a couple days ago and I still have a few pages to catch up on... Actually, you shouldn't listen to me at all: I'm insanely behind the times.  Can someone TL;DR me too?!  Where is the MNW these days? (lol jk that's hilarious because I'm supposed to be reporting on Ko-Koro and I have no flipping clue what's going on. haha.)

Edited by Kughii

I am confused to how two toa are communicating with apparent telepathy, but otherwise I look forward to seeing where this group goes in the future!  Always nice to see a little post highlighting a character arc or curious moment in the game at large. :)

Vakua is a De-Toa that has a Suletu, mask of Telepathy (approved by Nuju Metru! ;) ) because he cannot speak. Not the best fighter on a team with elemental control powerful and precise enough to require BAs in physics, but rather a force multiplier; control the field of battle by linking his teammates at the speed of thought, disorient opponents, while the heavy hitters duke it out. Of course, he still has enough elemental kick to shatter things, but hey, that's a normal toa thing.

I refer to them in terms of combat because that is the in-universe reason they were made. Now by who or what, where, and why, I'm not allowed to do more than throw around theories in my head.

The times, they are a-changing...

I've opened up a printing shop and copy center in Po-Koro, since I was hired by Vhohan to publish the Mata Nui Weekly, but I haven't seen him or any Mata Nui Weekly in a while. So... come to Po-Koro for your printing and copying needs! Also- this one is for Kughii- If Po-Koro needs a reporter, I could possibly fill that position until Vhohan returns. 

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

We have printing presses?

Yeah, I remember hearing that a printing press was one of the technologies available. After all, there are primitive radios and a steam engine in Po-Koro, so why not a printing press? Of course, it's probably about as good as the first movable type printing press. Canis Lyacon, who hasn't been seen in a while, hired me to be the publisher of the Po-Koro branch of the Mata Nui Weekly, and gave me widgets to buy a printing press and a house large enough for the printing press. This was back in March, and I have no idea how long that is in BZPtime. Anyways, I have since made enough money working for the Mata Nui Weekly and maybe a couple of NPCs who wanted stuff printed to buy a chair and a hammock. Most of the widgets I earn goes to purchasing the paper I use for printing, which is probably quite expensive. 

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

No idea. Apparently he's dead now. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

what the

you never put snowshoes up for auction you limey mong

I'd have taken him

I think you must be confused, Raz. Kughii ain't the limey around here :P

<snip>

I'm sorry to hear that you feel so negatively about the current BZPRPG community, Kughs. I'm certainly shocked to hear that you've experienced the rudeness, flaming, bullying, trolling, abusiveness etc that you described—I had no idea you'd suffered such things and I certainly wouldn't have expected it of our fellow players. If anybody bothers you in future, my door is always open.

While I haven't experienced such acute symptoms of it myself, it's true that the atmosphere around here has changed. I'm sure there are too many factors to pin down a single cause, but I reckon things like the ageing (and rather fragmented) playerbase and the general stagnation of the main plot are at least partially responsible.

As Kray said, though, I do think things are getting better, and will continue to do so. The staff are really trying hard to remedy both those problems, and I hope you'll agree we've already had some success on both fronts. It'll take a while for us all to change our mindsets, but I believe things are getting healthier.

As for me, I hope my personal brand of humour (which can at times, I'll admit, be a bit sardonic) and know-it-all demeanour (but let's face it, I do basically know everything[/self-deprecating irony]) haven't been misinterpreted at any point. If anything I'm doing bothers you, don't hesitate to let me know. I try to take criticism on the chin. ;)

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Upvote 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Is it wrong that after I read what just went down in Ta-Koro, all I can think is "Man, I wonder when the Rahkshi's gonna show up and start wrecking everyone's stuff"?  I dunno, maybe I'm just a fan of moment killers of the worst kind. :unsure: 

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The Rahikshi was sent to spy, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it's halfway back to Kini-Nui now since there is no one in karz it could've missed who the real Dorian is. And, since Nath and Grokk are in no condition to fight off the Ta-Koro guard, the chances of there being any more serious action in that area are pretty slim right now. No moment killing today.

Unless that Rahkshi is still there and someone manages to bump into it, forcing it out of hiding...

...but then, what is the probability of that? (Looking at you, Joske). 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Is it wrong that after I read what just went down in Ta-Koro, all I can think is "Man, I wonder when the Rahkshi's gonna show up and start wrecking everyone's stuff"?  I dunno, maybe I'm just a fan of moment killers of the worst kind. :unsure:

Or the Rahkshi will be heading back to Zaktan to report that Joske isn't Dorian. Or it'll just be standing there, still watching to see if it could find out anything more.

That Rahkshi's as smitten with DorxJoske as Skyra is, don't be a bunch of buzzkills.

-Tyler

I don't think the Rahkshi knows what love is

Because Makuta was a terrible father.

And Joske isn't gonna be thrilled when Zakky comes looking for revenge.

Or Zakky could just sit in his Vault of a hidey-hole and make someone else get revenge for him. Seems like a Zakky thing to do. Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal