BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yeah okay but Star Trek references with nothing else in the post or saying "You will fail." is not on-topic. I guess Spam is a better term than off-topic. And I've been adding on-topic stuff to all my posts(okay except one). And lets quit telling each other strategies for something that may or not happen, because someone will be probably get accused of meta-gaming.

If you were referencing my post with that, it was a Doctor Who reference.

But yeah, having multiple characters descend on a prison containing somebody they have no connection to because you, OOC, want the person to break out, is metagaming. But if they have an IC reason (that isn't just justification for what you, yourself want), then that's fine.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Well..dang. we need a reason. we could say we need him for the exploration for Xa-Koro...but how would we have communicated?

But yeah, having multiple characters descend on a prison containing somebody they have no connection to because you, OOC, want the person to break out, is metagaming. But if they have an IC reason (that isn't just justification for what you, yourself want), then that's fine.

Honestly, I hate it when people use their characters just as tools, manipulating them just to do something that they, the writers, want, rather than what the characters would actually do. Forgive me for being judgmental, but I think it's poor form and a very bad writing habit.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I agree with Draezeth. To me, this whole thing's been a joke, hence why I called it off topic. But if you guys want to free me, it would not fit my character at all to stop you.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Alright, let's speed up the peace talks in Pala-Koro so we can get back to the prison and join the inevitible breakout party =PI foresee bloodshed, if this action is taken. Much, much bloodshed. I do not anticipate it being Voutok's. Or Suran's. Or the Sonics Skakdi's. Or either of the Commanders'/Captains'. Maybe an NPC or two, and definitely any of the unarmed and weakened prisoners and potentially the poor, Marine-underestimating slug-possessed fellow(s)....What? Keeping morale up is always healthy for soldiers going into "battle"! ...Ok, I'm just joking about rushing through the peace talks...I'm sure the well-trained Marines who are ALREADY there can handle it >=)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

@Kapura Dude, let's be real. You've spammed way more about being on topic than we've actually been off-topic. It needs to stop. PM me if you still have any thoughts.On a personal note, I need more divers! I have two or three, but I'm aiming for a larger team. The whole dive is a false front for something way bigger, I will warn.

Edited by Bane of No Isles

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Wait, break out in Ga-koro? Not yet, the trial hasn't begun!

That's what I would say. If only criminals could be more patient or understanding of the idea that "Doing Good Things = :) Marines" and "Bad Things = >:( Marines" Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Well Bane of No Isles I definitely have a character available that could be a diver, and a plausible reason why she would want to do such a thing.

Currently I have some notes on the whole riddle but I am reluctant to share anything until I believe I have something more concrete to share with you all.

We all need to understand that logically after the whole debacle with the Daedra. Then with the Rahkshi attack soon afterward that the Marines would be very serious about their work. Their Koro was attacked and betrayed in the worst of ways. Ga-Koro is not going to be an easy target, karz, none of these Koros are going to be easy targets. Look at the writers who are writing the characters. They all are veteran RPers (two of them are BZPRPG staff) and most of the people on their side are also experienced.

Killing an Akiri isn't impossible, but it requires a lot legwork, and I mean a lot of it, even then you will have to improvise. Plans are not perfect as Tuck's Guide says. Don't get discouraged though.

Sometimes all it takes is a pebble to start a landslide.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Hey guys! A few housekeeping notes I feel should be mentioned.

1. Please remain on-topic. This goes for everybody. This is a general discussion topic about the game, not people, trends, jokes or telling people they're wrong. If you have a disagreement with someone, especially a roundabout one, do it privately or, if you deem it serious enough, PM one of the staff to handle the matter when one of us gets online. Being a vigilante isn't condoned but being a role model and mentor is highly encouraged.
  2. There is something I should bring up that really needs to be common sense: There are risks for the actions characters make. If you go into the Charred Forest you can get lost, if you chase a shark you can be bitten, if you try to refuse to pay for a drink you might be caught, and if you try to kill an Akiri you can be arrested. For everything you do there is a risk like there is a reaction for every action. Our characters move about in a world and, in a proverbial way, affect things they interact with all the time, meaning characters can have profound effects on things. Likewise those things can bite back. So, from now on, keep those risks in mind before you do something and ask yourself, is [insert action here] really worth it? Because if it isn't it's probably not worth doing. If you do get caught doing a heinous act you can expect due action, too, which leads me to my third point.
  3. Akiri can give the death sentence. This seems unfair in that a regular player can apparently kill other characters without permission or approval but I disagree. Akiri have the right to execute others because they are the village leaders and are the justiciars of their cities and possess all the powers needed to dispense justice. The trick here is that it must be used responsibly and only as a component of justice, meaning they can't just say, "You, with the fruit, you're on death row." It's a right, a power vested in them to help them run their towns and possess the teeth to do so. Now, again, it seems unfair to be able to do so seemingly without permission from the player with the now-sentenced character. I would think that if a player knowingly did an in-character crime with full awareness of the ramifications of whatever the plot was and was aware that there could be consequences if things didn't go well for him that is permission enough. Committing an act is giving permission for the akiri's punishment later down the road. This, so far, only applies to dealing death to other characters, however, and would need further review if it is to be expanded to other aspects, but for now, to keep this simple: If you do something really bad and are caught and the town's akiri deems it worthy of death penalty the akiri's player can kill your character as punishment.

That's it for now. Have fun and don't die. :)

EW, I couldn't agree more. Thank you for that post, it was sorely needed. Gotta say, you're doing a wonderful job here. Glad to have you on-board.

So yes everyone, please listen to him. I can quite assure you ninety-nine times out of a hundred Nuju and myself will agree with him and his statements; there is a reason we picked him as our new staff member. On to a lighter note:

Back in my day, jailbreaks simply required you to dig out a wall with a spoon.

None of this fancy nonsense.

100% Pure Win. ZHX, that was perfect. Thank you.

You get a Tuck Point. What they do I have no idea, but you just got one. Someday I'll figure that out.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Anyway, on the topic of death sentences:

Is it possible for one to be rescinded?

It's up to the akiri. :P

There's already a game for that, it's called The Sims

Also people, this is a good example of an off-topic spam post. Thank you, Gear, for your exhibition and I hope nobody follows your lead. :)

(Seriously people, cut it out.)

The trick here is that it must be used responsibly and only as a component of justice, meaning they can't just say, "You, with the fruit, you're on death row."

You win this time, Grochi.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

No, no, no, it's because I was gonna execute Grochi's characters for the fruit th--

Forget it. Everyone has a misfire someday. : (

About the trial...tonight good for everyone? Yeah? Yeah.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

The people here have their own morning's I assume. Whatever "tonight" is, I hope it doesn't mean night to me cause I won't be available then. :P But we can always just wait for other players to give their answers. There's no hurry.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

I propose that whenever important events are scheduled to occur, we use EST. It's probably the simplest time-zone to keep track of, and it's not too hard to set another clock to it, or even keep a mental track of the time difference wherever you are.Good idea, bad idea, Zeal (very, very bad) idea?

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles