BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Through the storm of rock puns, uh, I can tell this contest will be interesting. I won't be entering, mainly because I know I wouldn't be able to have the activity to back up playing him, and I know 0 about Stannis.

Good luck to all the entrants though!

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Same here. I've only fairly recently joined the game, and haven't yet actually seen Stannis really do anything. I get that he's been important to the plot in the past, but I don't know enough about him or his role to be motivated to enter.

I'll still be interested to see who wins, and where they go with him. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Same here. I've only fairly recently joined the game, and haven't yet actually seen Stannis really do anything. I get that he's been important to the plot in the past, but I don't know enough about him or his role to be motivated to enter.

Well, if you're end up becoming interested in finding more about Stannis, I suggest looking at the old Kini-Nui topic. There's a lot of great stuff there, especially on the last few pages.
  • Upvote 1

Ooh, a chance to be relevant!  I'd probably screw up horribly, but I might as well check this out...

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Yeah, I never even knew he existed before reading that post, so I'm going to pass. I try not to read up on stuff in other areas or anything that happened before Verulas joined the game, as they don't seem to have that big of an impact on his story.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, if you're end up becoming interested in finding more about Stannis, I suggest looking at the old Kini-Nui topic. There's a lot of great stuff there, especially on the last few pages.

Old Kini-Nui topic? How can I view the old topics? I've only managed to Access them via links from other sites, that's it.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Bascially, when you're looking at the Bionicle RPG forum, there'll be a buttom on the little blue line above the topic list that says "Custom". If you click on it and select "Show All" on the Time Frame slot (don't mess with anything else) and say "Update Filter", you'll get all the topics that have ever been on the Bionicle RPG forum. From there you can look at the first Kini-Nui topic (it's on page 4).

But this is getting s bit off-topic, so I'll stop now- if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :)

EDIT: Yeah, what he said.  :P

By the way, would the winner of this contest be provided with relevant info on Stannis's history and prior interactions with certain characters if they become relevant again, or would we have to do all that research ourselves for the contest?

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Bascially, when you're looking at the Bionicle RPG forum, there'll be a buttom on the little blue line above the topic list that says "Custom". If you click on it and select "Show All" on the Time Frame slot (don't mess with anything else) and say "Update Filter", you'll get all the topics that have ever been on the Bionicle RPG forum. From there you can look at the first Kini-Nui topic (it's on page 4).

But this is getting s bit off-topic, so I'll stop now- if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :)

OoO! Awesome! Thanks for showing me! I'm going to check that Kini-Nui stuff now.

EDIT: Haha, the battle against Makuta was awesome! And the region threads of 2011/2012 were about 500 pages long each! Ridiculous!

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

(several thread-hops and one misplaced post later...)

Okay, I just took a stroll through the archives and stumbled upon Emotia's death.  You guys are seriously messed up, y'know that?  *is very much not kidding about this*

...I feel the need to have Joskander snap a few necks right now.  Seriously.

God, you guys are making me feel old. :P Those were some... interesting times, they were.

What. What? YOU feel old?

If I hear another utterance along these lines again I shall string you up by your toenails. Try playing since 2002. Try to remember and keep track off all that.

Let me know how that works for you ;)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

And now I'm rereading the old Kini-Nui topic.  Man, I'm never gonna get to make that kind of epic, story-driven, emotionally charged posts, am I?  T_T

And now I'm rereading the old Kini-Nui topic.  Man, I'm never gonna get to make that kind of epic, story-driven, emotionally charged posts, am I?  T_T

Yes. You. Will.

:)

To prove the point some years ago I dredged up my first three month's worth of posts for all the world to see. It was embarrassing to be honest, but it made my point - everyone starts off simple and noob-ish, even the former/current greats. It takes time and practice, and maybe a little coaching from a more veteran player, but trust me ANYONE can become an excellent writer. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen. Just start somewhere and keep practicing, learning, watching and reading others. You'll get there.

Promise :D

• Upvote 2

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Tahu dives in and almost imediately sees the Tarakava, with the Kakama right behind it. Tahu takes a deep breath and uses his Huna to sneak up on it. When he's really close, Tahu switches back to Kaukau and knocks off the Tarakava's mask, and grabs the Kakama. He then hops on it's back and rides it back to Ga-Koro. There he goes to Nokama who gives him Rua. "Tahu you must go to the other Turaga and warn them of the dangers that are coming, the Dark Toa are appearing, you must spread the word quickly." Tahu thanks Nokama and puts the Tarakava's now un-infected Kakama back on. They speed toward Ko-Koro.

• Upvote 5

And now I'm rereading the old Kini-Nui topic. Man, I'm never gonna get to make that kind of epic, story-driven, emotionally charged posts, am I? T_T

Never say never.

Justin Bieber didn't.

Yeah but look where that got him in life. :P

Endless Sea- Yes, listen to Tuck- if you keep trying to make good posts, eventually your writing style will improve. Honest.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I've been seeing this a lot recently from some of the newer members.

Just want to say that the first time ANYBODY wrote something - whether that's me, Tuck, Tyler, or Kugh's, or literally any famous writer out there like J.K. Rowling or whoever - their first drafts and ideas were horrid. Guarantee it.

You're gonna make those posts eventually - you just gotta write, write, write, and write some more. Try new things with your writing! Get some fundamentals down! But most importantly, practice.

• Upvote 5

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

For those on the last page talking about what the nuju Marion hospital may or may not have, please check the wiki. Plenty of information is already fully established.

Also, Palm, I think I just blushed. You reminded me of my four paragraph introduction back in 2010... oh to be so naive again. Seriously though, practice is the key. Practice and passion.

EDIT: well well, Stannis is up for grabs eh? *pops knuckles*

Edited by Kughii
  • Upvote 2

I completely agree with Palm. I started writing stories back in 6th or 7th grade. Looking back on them now... lets just say they're bad enough to make one's eyes start bleeding. I'm at a comfortable level with my writing now, but always try to do better. Also, sometimes people just hate how they have previously written something (whether it's good or not doesn't really matter in that specific case).

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Eh, in this case, I'm less worried about my writing and more worried about there being space in the spotlight- that, and the time it'll take to build up a reputation for my characters, whose status essentially amounts to "some guy nobody actually knows or cares about".

I don't want to brag or anything, but my writing is one of the few things I'm not too worried about.  At the very least, I think I'm leagues ahead of where I was the last time I was writing stuff on BZP, thanks in part to several years of creative writing classes.  :P

More on topic, though- Tuck, your puns.  Why.