BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Cuz that worked out so well for me when Natharius started following Grokk... :)

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Not sure it would make a difference if they were transforming at the time. If a Matoran was given a Toa Stone they are probably not the sort of person Antidermis would help.

• Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Before the whole wikia discussion came up, I wanted to ask this:

One thing I wanted to ask and I've never seen come up:

Given that Matoran and Vortixx can eat with their mouths alongside Skakdi, do Vuata Maca hold any significance? Can they still be used as a touch-based energy source in favor of physically eating food?

Also, can Vuata Maca be found on Kentoku?

Many apologies for my hiatus- I got hit with a whirlwind of responsibilities and other such obligations and haven't been able to recover until now. If someone would be willing to PM or Skype me and help me catch up, I'd be very appreciative.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Don't know if this has already been asked, but what about antidermis+parakuka?

I've actually asked this a couple of times, and planned to test it(that's the only advice I got)before life derailed that idea.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Many apologies for my hiatus- I got hit with a whirlwind of responsibilities and other such obligations and haven't been able to recover until now. If someone would be willing to PM or Skype me and help me catch up, I'd be very appreciative.

When did your hiatus start again? I'll try and hit you up with as much info as I can find.

I have a speculation question here:

What would happen if someone tipped Antidermis over a Matoran whilst they were transforming into a Toa? Would they become a Shadow Toa? Would they get superpowers? Would they just blow up?

Well, first off, this isn't really a pertinent question. :P There have been almost no IC transformations with the exception of the Maru, and the odds that one would occur near Antidermis is even lower. That said, for the purposes of answering the question, I'll consider the hypothetical situation.

The transformation doesn't change anything. The Antidermis still judges the being based on whether or not they are someone that can be corrupted and turned to destructive ways, and acts from there. However, we must consider what sort of beings make in-game transformations. Seldom does an evil Matoran transform, and they're the ones who would be changed for the 'better' by antidermis. A good Matoran, the sort that is likely to make the transformation, will just be harmed by it.

Under no circumstances would they become a Shadow Toa. Only six have existed, and all were intentionally and forcefully created by Makuta himself.

Don't know if this has already been asked, but what about antidermis+parakuka?

It's been asked, but I'll reiterate the answer; nothing special will happen. Antidermis just grants an ability to a being it deems as potentially destructive. The Parakuka does not grant that transformation any special factors, it just affects the base power set. A Parakuka already cancels out most abilities, so all it really means is you could have a Parakuka and an Antidermis granted ability.

Before the whole wikia discussion came up, I wanted to ask this:

One thing I wanted to ask and I've never seen come up:

Given that Matoran and Vortixx can eat with their mouths alongside Skakdi, do Vuata Maca hold any significance? Can they still be used as a touch-based energy source in favor of physically eating food?

Also, can Vuata Maca be found on Kentoku?

Doubtful. The Kentoku Archipelago is pretty lacking in vegetation, with the exception of one island and what they intentionally care for, so the number of species present is likely fairly low. Even if they could be found, there won't be anything special about them. As has been mentioned, since characters actually eat in BZPRPG canon, there isn't really anything special about them anyway.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Most likely, yes. It takes into account baser nature, not necessarily how that individual behaves. It's significantly more a gray area. A true hero will be harmed by it, a villain empowered by it. Shades of gray, however, are... Grayer. Someone who is normally an upstanding, lawful citizen, but houses a great deal of resentment and inner darkness, will probably be given power by the antidermis, and it will try to bend him to its will.

Someone who is outwardly a prick but inwardly a Knight in Sour Armor will probably be harmed by it, because it would be more difficult for the antidermis to corrupt him or her than it is to just kill them. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Since I believe Skorm was the first decidedly non-evil character to get dosed with the stuff, when I asked Nuju for it to work that way, I described it as 'if there is a seed of darkness, Antidermis makes it grow'. And It doesn't really grant special abilities when it's used that way, the shift in morals seems to be enough.

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Aw, Skorm got no evil powers? Sad faec. :(

That kinda sucks.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, Skorm just got the perspective shift. He's already powerful, though, so I don't sweat it much. Though I am holding out for a second dose to get some freaky power. Like Void. Or extra faces so he can wear multiple masks.

grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

• Upvote 9

fK5oqYf.jpg

Some more evil characters to help fight in Ko would be appreciated. :) Two versus ten aint good odds.

I thought it was three vs. seven, but yeah, I can see your point Nato. So much for this being a stealthy rescue mission...

Good/Neutral: Enforcer, Verulas, Dastan, Rekhyt, Veneras, Razsk, Photu

Evil: Mortem, Dayeth, Kakrant

Others in the general area, but not currently fighting: Kimala, Oreius, Gresak

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, he apprently got healed before coming back to Ko, but he's now fighting a half-dozen people or so by himself... Not really fair on him, is it, especially when the city is supposed to be full of attackers.

I mean really... Where did all these defenders magically appear from? Most of them were nowhere nearby when the fight began.

Oh, and Tim, you forgot to count Korero. That one's kind of important...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

I thought it was three vs. seven, but yeah, I can see your point Nato. So much for this being a stealthy rescue mission...

Good/Neutral: Enforcer, Verulas, Dastan, Rekhyt, Veneras, Razsk, Photu

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't forget about Korero in the "general area" category

Where are all of the villains? Last I heard the city is practically theirs. If there are so many defenders wandering around, why aren't they taking back the Sanctum or something instead of going after Mortem and Dayeth?

None of this makes any sense.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Yeah, I realised that I forgot him when I went to bring my dog outside. Here's the updated list.

Good/Neutral: Enforcer, Verulas, Dastan, Rekhyt, Veneras, Razsk, Photu, Korero

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

What doesn't make sense to me is how Mortem and Dayeth are back at Ko-Koro when BZPTime isn't in effect, and a group that left for Ko-Koro not long after the fight started isn't even there yet.

And they didn't have to stop for medical attention. :P

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

Yeah, Skorm just got the perspective shift. He's already powerful, though, so I don't sweat it much. Though I am holding out for a second dose to get some freaky power. Like Void. Or extra faces so he can wear multiple masks.

grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

Well, Skorm is getting more than one mask, but I guess it will just be macabre decoration then.

The times, they are a-changing...

Per the rules, it can't be an actual Kanohi. I was called on this back when I was a player. It can't even be a powerless one. Granted, I find that stance a little rigid (As long as it's never actually used, in any capacity, like a Kanohi I have no issues with it), but for the moment it's the party line.

If the Big Boss wishes to relax that stance, obviously he can. :P But, Skorm can't have any actual Kanohi. You want it to be a metal replica or some-such, that's on you.

fK5oqYf.jpg