BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I always assumed Big Mak just ate the little bugger for extra power.  Because he can do that sorta thing.

• Upvote 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I'm more concerned about the wires connected to his limbs Dear lord, I dread what heinous injuries would occur when an actually snarky character meets it.

Would the Huna conceal a wheelchair?

It'd be hilarious either way.

"T-THAT WHEELCHAIR IS M-MOVING ON IT'S OWN!"

That makes it slightly better.

Well, I'd better start thinking how I can transform Skorm from Meta-level driven antagonist to Professor X...

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Skorm's screwed. I say we leave him behind and get out while The Abettor is busy eating him.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Nah, Skorm has that whole antidermis taste. A couple bites and you check the expiration date. On the plus side, somewhere, Aelied just breathed a sigh of relief that his mask won't end up decorating Skorm's shoulder. I can't speak for his survival, of course, but it just went WAY up.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

Note to self: do not send Verulas down to meet the Abettor.

Dravennica might go down there at some point though.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, I'm considering creating a new character bonded with a parakuka, but first, I have a question about them: Do they only alter the appearance of their host if they are activated regularly, or do they still alter the host's appearance even if he or she never or rarely activates them?

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Okay, I'm considering creating a new character bonded with a parakuka, but first, I have a question about them: Do they only alter the appearance of their host if they are activated regularly, or do they still alter the host's appearance even if he or she never or rarely activates them?

Well they do have a slug melded with their spine, so there is some change. I'm pretty sure that a greater, temporary change happens whenever they activate their powers.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Actually, I recall seeing Emzee at one point as well. Two people confirm the sightings!

I'm sure I saw him just a day or two ago.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, I've got some questions as well, mostly for clarification purposes. Here goes nothing:

1. Can the Mask of Healing graft biomechanical "donor" parts onto a character to regain a lost limb?

2. Can Parakuka/Antidermis/Zombification affect pets?

3. Can a character be infected with Antidermis if they already have a Parakuka or are a Zombie?

4. Can a Parakuka bond with a zombie? If not, could they be able to do so if they were infected with Antidermis?

5. Can a Brotherhood member have two zombies if they give up both their mask/vision powers and their elemental abilities?

6. What is the limit of Vault deals any one character can make? Can they just keep coming back until they've hit the limit on what they can have, until the Piraka get sick of seeing them, or is it one deal per character?

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

To the best of my knowledge...

1) Dunno. Kinda hoping so.

2) Probably not/probably/probably

3) Black magic lies down that path

4) Ask a Brotherhood member

5) 1 vault loot per character. Skorm got the power of 'magic reason to turn evil' from his Antidermis exposure, and he's locked out of vault loot. And to think, a while ago that was his biggest problem...

Okay, I've got some questions as well, mostly for clarification purposes. Here goes nothing:

1. Can the Mask of Healing graft biomechanical "donor" parts onto a character to regain a lost limb?

3. Can a character be infected with Antidermis if they already have a Parakuka or are a Zombie?

4. Can a Parakuka bond with a zombie? If not, could they be able to do so if they were infected with Antidermis?

5. Can a Brotherhood member have two zombies if they give up both their mask/vision powers and their elemental abilities?

6. What is the limit of Vault deals any one character can make? Can they just keep coming back until they've hit the limit on what they can have, until the Piraka get sick of seeing them, or is it one deal per character?

1. The Mask of Healing can only heal according to its user's understanding of the wound and how to cure it. Reattaching a limb would require intimate knowledge of thousands of nerve endings and delicate manipulation of bone and muscle, and I don't think anyone on Mata Nui has that kind of medical knowledge. It's too advanced. The best you get hope for would be to crudely reattach a limb, but have it retain only a semblance of its former functionality. There's no way a replacement limb would come anywhere close to the functionality of the original part.

The rest of your questions should be directly messaged to a staff member, or to the person in control of the Brotherhood. Most of the people in N&D can't answer this, so posting it here will just make it take longer to get an answer.

Edited by Tyler is Love

I have a Ga-Matoran who would enjoy some smuggling.

And I have a Dasaka who would enjoy some snuggling. Kuno could really use some love.

That seems like a pretty big big-spoon/little-spoon size difference.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

To tackle these in order...

1. Eyru handled this fairly well, but the short answer is no. While one could physically be grafted on, it would never be effective. The odds that the receiver could even twitch the limb are pretty low, and fine motor control would be nonexistent.

2. A Parakuka cannot. They graft, as far as we know, to intelligent beings only. It's doubtful that a pet would even be able to support one properly, given how they interact with the host. Zombiefication is a question best answered by House, but it could most likely affect pets. There just wouldn't be much a point. Antidermis could affect pets, but it would be up to Nuju to decide how.

3. There wouldn't be a point in infecting a zombie due to how they work. A Parakuka user could be infected, the effect would, again, be up to Nuju.

4. No. Parakuka feed on life force, a zombie, by definition, does not have a proper life force to feed on.

5. I would not think so, but you could query the boss.

6. You get one piece of loot, for the moment at the very least.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well they do have a slug melded with their spine, so there is some change. I'm pretty sure that a greater, temporary change happens whenever they activate their powers.

I was more specifically referring to the "pseudo-rahkshi" appearance, but after reading the post about the parakuka again, I see that that pseudo-rahkshi appearance occurs when the parakuka is activated. I guess I shouldn't try to figure this kind of stuff out while I'm half-asleep.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Long time no see, guys! I'm sorry I haven't been on more often, that's not fair to you all who need to talk to me about something. However, I've decided to change that and I've begun a plotline to tether me to the game, so I should be back more often--maybe a couple times a week, we'll see.

I'm rather sad to see that the BZPRPG is in one of its slow phases, but at the same time, I'm glad. I would have a much harder time returning if we were in manic-activity-mode.

In regards to the revolution plotline in Po, if anyone is interested in being one of the listeners at the table (translation: one of the inner circle of the rebel cause), shoot me a PM.

:w:

A Brotherhood member can have two Zombies, given they sacrifice two powers. However, I advise highly against such action. If both Zombies are destroyed, then your Toa/Lesterin/Skakdi is stuck as effectively a outsized Matoran in terms of powers. A far effective way is to loose ones element, and keep a Tryna instead. One could still make (Temporary) Zombies, and have a permanent Zombie guard the player using the mask.

Secondly, Zombies may not be affected with Antidermis, for balancing reasons. As for Zombification of pets, It's theoretically possible, but would be an incredibly messy and dangerous procedure. And ultimately, far less useful than other, sentinent species. I honestly do not wish to go into it in game.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Long time no see, guys! I'm sorry I haven't been on more often, that's not fair to you all who need to talk to me about something. However, I've decided to change that and I've begun a plotline to tether me to the game, so I should be back more often--maybe a couple times a week, we'll see.

I'm rather sad to see that the BZPRPG is in one of its slow phases, but at the same time, I'm glad. I would have a much harder time returning if we were in manic-activity-mode.

In regards to the revolution plotline in Po, if anyone is interested in being one of the listeners at the table (translation: one of the inner circle of the rebel cause), shoot me a PM.

:w:

Taking you up on that offer.

Agreed. I'm not complaining, because I know that life can sometimes get in the way, but I noticed it as well by simply seeing my own post count decrease over the last couple of days.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

True on both counts, although compared to when the fighting actually began, it's pretty clear that the action has started to die down a bit.

It might pick back up again though, if Dravennica has anything to say about it.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: