BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Hey, someone just shot one of my Vortixx in broad daylight in the middle of a Po-Koro street. Are there any PC guardsmen in the area who'd like to deal with that?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You have two characters in that spot, why not take care of it yourself...?

Although this is a perfectly viable option, it's usually more fun and more interesting for another person's PC to interact with you! A huge strength of the game is being able to contribute to other's stories and for them to do the same to you. It's usually less fun to just play on your own - interacting back and forth with only your own characters. It's fine to do, but most people don't enjoy doing that (nearly as often anyways) as actually interacting.

• Upvote 4

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

You have two characters in that spot, why not take care of it yourself...?

Well... One of them is the victim, for starters.

Besides, I've got to be realistic. There's no way that an event like this could occur without the guard being involved, and I'd much rather interact with a PC than make up some NPCs.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I've got two Skakdi criminals in the works right now, and they should be able to start posting sometime tomorrow if anyone's interested.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hey, someone just shot one of my Vortixx in broad daylight in the middle of a Po-Koro street. Are there any PC guardsmen in the area who'd like to deal with that?

Are they in Po-Koro proper, or one of the outlying villages?

Because if they're in Forsi, I could have Rynekk pop over and see what's what.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

No, it happened in Po-Koro itself, in the middle of the street near the front gates to the village.

Are there really no active players with Po-Koro guard characters that are actually in Po-Koro?

If that's the case I guess I'll have to make one of my own when I have the time, or conjure up some NPCs.

I'm just gonna shy away into my little corner for reading that wrong...

No harm done. I had to check and make sure I hadn't written it wrong, given that my typos have been memetic in the past. :P

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That idea absolutely rocks!

Okay, stop with the puns...

Must... Resist... Urge to...

...or you'll get sent to the punitentiary...

I can't help it.

Seriously, though, I was wondering, do you plan to add any more masks to the approved list? Better yet, why aren't some masks like the Elda or the Suletu allowed? What about the Garai or Faxon? I know the Kiril would be a pretty cool addition, why isn't that allowed?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I'm not staff, but this is what I think are the reasons:

Suletu: banned in the first arc to prevent metagaming, continued to be banned in arc 2 to help differentiate the Dasaka from the Mata Nui and (though there is one notable exception).

-Elda: I'm... Not sure. What would it even be used for? Like, given that the Ignika has not yet been confirmed to exist in this universe, its only utility would be for finding Huna, Volitak, and Iden users. Unless somebody would want to correct me on that?

Garai: banned in arc 2 to prevent "second elements" and keep Ba-Toa unique, if I remember correctly. Also, some people were stretching the limits of it.

-Faxon: banned in arc 2 because people were overusing it's powers, I think.

-Kiril: not sure why this one is banned. So far, one has been given out as a staff reward.

There are, at this time, no planned adjustments to the approved mask list. The reasons different masks are, or aren't, allowed varies from mask to mask. To tackle the easy ones;

-Faxon: The Faxon isn't allowed because of the sheer number of powers it could be. Though a list of Rahi powers that were permitted was made, people weren't good about following it. Not to mention the fact that the specifics of how the mask functioned were not entirely clear, and easily abused.

-Suletu: The Suletu is not permitted because, up until this arc, psionic powers have not been permitted since late 2010. They open a very complicated can of worms. The Dasakan Disciplines make this clearer by having distinct subdivisions, but even then, things require a little explaining. The Suletu in large part defies these easy subdivisions, as well as takes away part of what makes the Dasaka unique. It required almost a whole page of GD discussion to explain how it fit into the game at large, and as such, only one has been allowed by request. 

-Garai: People don't understand limits well. You might be noticing a trend. :P This was banned because we didn't want to allow multiple elements, in addition to the level of limits pushing it received.

I picked these three because they were easy to explain, but every Kanohi has a similar reason. Sometimes it's because of story, sometimes it's because of gameplay issues, sometimes because they just don't fit into the game. These lists are adjusted as needed. Several masks, for example, were banned between Volumes 1 and 2 due to how they were used (or rather, abused) in the former.

Some masks, like most of the Vault Loot ones, are on the banned list but are permitted under certain circumstances. Usually they're as rewards, though if a case can be made, exceptions are occasionally permitted.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

The Elda could be used to detect those using Huna, Volitak or Iden, but I always thought a better idea would be to act as sort of a homing device. Kinda like what it did for the Ignika, but you could pair it with any object or person. Of course, you'd need to have something of the person's to detect them, and in both instances it'd probably take up a lot of energy.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

The Elda could be used to detect those using Huna, Volitak or Iden, but I always thought a better idea would be to act as sort of a homing device. Kinda like what it did for the Ignika, but you could pair it with any object or person. Of course, you'd need to have something of the person's to detect them, and in both instances it'd probably take up a lot of energy.

One of the Mary's masks acts similar to that, letting normal people have that would make them feel less special

...but close to it

The Mary's? Who are they, a group of people all named Mary?

EDIT: The Vahi is banned because it's THE MASK OF TIME. The most powerful mask until they revealed the Ignika and the MoC. It's not called a legendary mask for no reason.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

The Mary's? Who are they, a group of people all named Mary?

EDIT: The Vahi is banned because it's THE MASK OF TIME. The most powerful mask until they revealed the Ignika and the MoC. It's not called a legendary mask for no reason.

Tiragath was being (not-so) funny. He knows why the Vahi is banned, he just thought it'd be hilarious to ask.

Are you referring to the Maru? I hope you ARENT referring to them as Mary (Sues).

He was indeed refer to the Maru, but I doubt it was a reference to Mary Sues. More than likely just a mangled version of their team name.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Okay, I've asked this question several times and still never gotten a proper answer - why is the Kiril banned?

To me it just seems like a mask of healing for armour and weapons, unless there's some OP use that I've overlooked?