BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

OOC: Open for interaction and unsure of what is happening right now. My character, Fulmen, is a vo-matoran with a body shape similar to the 2003 matoran sets but he stands at the height of a metruan. His colors are sand blue and white.

Hello,

A recap of events up until September OOC can be found here.. As for major events not covered by that post:

-Piraka-Legacy forces led by Echelon have secured Ko-Koro; Ko-Koro is currently frozen (no pun intended) until Ghosthands makes a timeskip post

-The Dasaka have landed in Ga-Koro

-Le-Koro came under attack from Antidermis enhanced tree eating beetles; the Gukko force is fighting them off with some success.

-Political dissent is beginning to stir in Po-Wahi, with certain extremist groups being dissatisfied by Hewkii's leadership

I think that hits all the huge points. If anybody wants to add anything, do so.

• Upvote 1

Okay, in light of a recent incident I noticed in Ko-Wahi, I'd just like to clarify something about The Outsiders. 

We are tolling everyone who uses the cable car. Our outpost is built around the Ko-Wahi side of the station; you can't avoid us. Unless you've struck a deal with us (as Ihu-Koro is in the process of doing), everyone has to pay. You can't IC your character getting into the cable car and simply ignore the small fortress full of vicious mercs that you would have had to walk through to reach the aforementioned cable car. 

As of now, toll evasion is a capital offence, punishable by death us shutting down the car while you're halfway across, bringing you back to our side and killing beating the snot out of you until you die pay up. 

Hope that clarifies everything. :D  Have a nice day.  :P

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, in light of a recent incident I noticed in Ko-Wahi, I'd just like to clarify something about The Outsiders. 

We are tolling everyone who uses the cable car. Our outpost is built around the Ko-Wahi side of the station; you can't avoid us. Unless you've struck a deal with us (as Ihu-Koro is in the process of doing), everyone has to pay. You can't IC your character getting into the cable car and simply ignore the small fortress full of vicious mercs that you would have had to walk through to reach the aforementioned cable car. 

As of now, toll evasion is a capital offence, punishable by death us shutting down the car while you're halfway across, bringing you back to our side and killing beating the snot out of you until you die pay up. 

Hope that clarifies everything. :D  Have a nice day.  :P

i can't wait to watch this blow up in your face in t minus

ehhhh

i'll give you ten days

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I was kind of joking about the last part. Kind of. I'm just saying it's unfair for people to walk right through the middle of our base, completely ignore us, and take free rides across the Break. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Many times characters will need to get to Ta-Wahi, and many times they won't have the money for the toll. Basically, you run into the Homeless in Seattle problem. You need to go somewhere to get money, the transportation costs money, but you don't have any money.

To be honest, the Outsiders are charging for a should-be free service.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Should be free? How else are we meant to maintain the thing? That's all this money is really going towards. That, and buying supplies so that we can survive up on the mountain to maintain the cable car in the first place. 

Advertisement: a character in want of a good home!

-Cute, spunky Matoran with a thirst for adventure

-Low preexisting mileage

-Former friend of Matoran Joske (if that floats your boat)

-Trusted adviser of Akiri Nuparu

-Skilled Native Tech inventor on the Exo-Matoran engineering team

-Destined for greatness!

Name: Wiremu (Wih-REHM-oo)
Species: Onu-Matoran
Alignment: Loyal to Onu-Koro
Appearance: Wiremu is an average-looking Onu-Matoran, if on the smaller side. He is mostly black and grey in color, but has some purple accents such as his mask and hands. Wiremu wears a pair of round-eyed goggles at his forehead and a smock at his waist – the smock has numerous button pouches in which Wiremu carries tools.
Weapon(s): Wiremu is not a fighter. He is an engineer. However, he sometimes carries a disk launcher, and practices with it often to be prepared should the need ever arise… but he's still not much of a shot with it. Wiremu is far more capable with his tools than he is with weaponry. The Onu-Matoran is a master of fixing things, and usually carries his tinkering tools with him in his smock. Wiremu owns one of the small, basic computer tablets possessed by some Onu-Matoran.
Mask: A powerless Noble Ruru, the Mask of Night-Vision.
Powers: Wiremu has no powers, elemental or otherwise – his potency resides rather in his abilities as a mechanic and engineer. Wiremu can be given bits of metal, a few tools, and time, and he will have tinkered with the parts and made something functional out of them.
Traits: Wiremu is kind, helpful, and soft-spoken; a very well-mannered Matoran. He loves what he does, because it occasionally lets him traverse Mata-Nui at the same time as pursuing his interest in mechanics. As a builder, Wiremu is a genius. He has a reputation for being able to make anything (perhaps not necessarily true, but close to the mark). Wiremu, despite his airs of humility, is secretly proud of this reputation.
Wiremu wishes for more freedom. The liberty to wander the island and see the other Koros is an idea of a constant excitement to him, so his structured forays outside of Onu-Koro are what he most looks forward to. Wiremu derives pleasure from observing and interacting with new and different things, thanks to his natural curiosity. However, his life is a fairly lonely one; though he is on good terms with everyone, Wiremu has few close friends.
Biography: In the days of Makuta, Wiremu was an average, albeit highly skilled, tinkerer, who sold both functional and aesthetic trinkets in the Onu-Koro marketplace. He worked often on his peoples' mining machinery, and was trusted - and guarded - by Turaga Whenua as a skilled set of hands. Since the industrialization of Onu-Koro, Wiremu's stature has increased, as his abilities with machinery have become more valuable not only to his own Koro, but to the others as well. Wiremu is at least partly to thank for conceptualizing several of the new technologies around the island. He greatly respects Akiri Nuparu, and is happy to do whatever makes him the most useful.
Lately, Nuparu has turned to Wiremu as a technological consultant, which is a career Wiremu is more than happy with; it combines journeying the island, a passion of his, with technology, another joy in his life. When other Koros request technology from Onu-Koro, Wiremu will often be sent along too to estimate how realistic and costly the technology requested by other Akiri would be. He's also sometimes among the Onu-Matoran installation crews that equip the other Koros with their new devices. Wiremu is a valuable resource to his Koro, which leaves him feeling, for the most part, fulfilled.
Weakness(es): Wiremu, as a powerless Matoran, is very easy to defeat in combat due to his inexperience in battle and relative frailty. He understandably evades fights if at all possible.

If interested, just shoot me a PM by Friday.

• Upvote 2

test2.png

Actually, on the subject of the toll, we're still debating exactly how much widgets are really worth, so I thought I'd open this up to everyone. What would you players perceive to be a reasonable toll, per person?

Keeping in mind that the toll is primarily intended to fund maintenance of the cable car, and the purchase of supplies for the twenty or so different characters who currently live in the outpost.  

Edited by Roman Torchwick

The cable car toll is based on what you can pay. Sure, seeing as it's run by mercs, we will set a high price. But if your character is poor, and refuses to oblige, then they can set their own price. We can't force money out of your ears. If your character is so poor that they literally have no money at all to contribute, the worst you'll be faced with is someone's cranky attitude. 

The Outsiders are supposed to be a covert operation. Inflicting such severity (i.e. murdering people who can't pay), would not be in our benefit and would cause further suspicion that we don't need. Right now, we've taken on the role of defenders who are protecting the border. Real defenders wouldn't be so nasty, so we shouldn't be either. 

However, the only other point I'd like to make is that there is always at least one of the following NPC cable car operators there at all times. The first is Kain, a male Ta-Matoran with a Kanohi Ruru, and the second is a female Ko-Matoran who has yet to be named and even seen IC. 

So, that said, if you do wish to make an IC crossing, and do not want any interaction while doing so, you will at least have to go through one of those two regulators. I won't force anyone to interact with them, but please at least be aware of the fact that there's always someone there.

I hope this clears any remaining confusion. :)

Edited by Requiem

*Clears throat*

So after much inactivity I shall be getting the majority of my characters back into action. 

Also for those of you waiting on Tivanu there will be progress on that front.

Also just for clarification, While ko-koro is frozen, the rest of the topic isn't right? So anything that doesn't occur in Ko-koro can take place?

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*Clears throat*

So after much inactivity I shall be getting the majority of my characters back into action. 

Also for those of you waiting on Tivanu there will be progress on that front.

Also just for clarification, While ko-koro is frozen, the rest of the topic isn't right? So anything that doesn't occur in Ko-koro can take place?

Correct

For example, Ihu-Koro is still going on with...stuff, as far as I'm aware.

didimentionihaveacharacteropenforinteractioninihukoro

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

That's the thing, the Outsiders shouldn't have anything to do with the cable car. It should be public transportation, funded by taxes. 

Sadly, that'd require the Outsiders to disassemble their outpost (which hopefully is Built with Lego) and move it all the way over... hm... there.

Of course, what's stopping a person with a hook to slide across the cable?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

That's the thing, the Outsiders shouldn't have anything to do with the cable car. It should be public transportation, funded by taxes. 

Sadly, that'd require the Outsiders to disassemble their outpost (which hopefully is Built with Lego) and move it all the way over... hm... there.

Of course, what's stopping a person with a hook to slide across the cable?

Taxes? That's what the toll is

And what's stopping someone using a hook. Apart from the falling to your death that Req mentioned, I might take a moment to highlight the fact that there's about twenty heavily-armed Outsiders with lots of assorted stabby and shooty things who live at the cable car station. 

Yup. There's the lava bath Req mentioned earlier. 

How large is the gap between the cable car stations anyway?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I actually have no idea. I've always sort of assumed they'd be barely visible from across the Break, obscured by clouds of steam rising up from the lava below...

Well if it's that far away, would any of our characters even be able to realistically hold on for that long even if the cable was taut?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

But again, unlikely.

Besides, what happens if the cable car starts crossing over while someone's trying to cross in that stupidly suicidal way?

A Ta- or Su-Toa might be able to hitch a ride on a passing rock from underneath. Someone with a Miru or Kadin could fly across, and anyone suicidal enough to take on the Outsiders could feasibly take control of the outpost.

One versus twenty? I think you'd have better luck just paying the toll.

Not to mention that we have contingency plans for exactly this type of eventuality.