BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Pretty sure there ain't dual clanships.

Well unless you marry into another clan? Though I assume that the clan of greater prestige will then become your clan.

Need some clarification on that.

I would assume that husbands join their wives clans?  Except in special cases such as imperial/Taajar intermarriage.  I dunno if there's a formal marriage system between women, but then I would assume the younger joins the elder's clan.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I suppose so. It was kind of improvised from a launcher he got from a mercenary.

Time for me to chime in... An actual launcher is likely too advanced for a Toa to possess. Mata Nuian inhabitants only have access to weapons up to and including crossbows and patero launchers. The latter is a technology invented by Onu-Koro in this arc, and still isn't widespread. So assuming that the launcher actually functions as such, it's probably best to drop it.

On a similar subject... I also noticed that Deriksha has a "back mounted elemental energy launcher". Well, firstly, solid balls of air aren't really feasible. As I was explaining a few minutes ago such concepts were only really present on Mahri Nui, and not used under elemental circumstances. Not to mention that even those projectiles dispersed back into gas upon contact and that's not really something that would harm people in the BZPRPG.

Furthermore, I'm a little iffy on the concept of an "elemental energy launcher". You can't really shoot just elemental energy. 

Pretty sure there ain't dual clanships.

Well unless you marry into another clan? Though I assume that the clan of greater prestige will then become your clan.

Need some clarification on that.

I would assume that husbands join their wives clans?  Except in special cases such as imperial/Taajar intermarriage.  I dunno if there's a formal marriage system between women, but then I would assume the younger joins the elder's clan.

This, however, is a topic that's a little vague. :P Marriage is something of a oddity in the Kentoku Archipelago. It's mostly for nobles and is used as a political tool. That's not to say it's not something that happens among the lower classes, but it's much less common. Especially since males, as has been noted a few times in-game, don't really get to settle down. Marriage isn't usually something that happens for them because there are so few of them. Likewise permanent relationships are less common as well. For that reason the matter of who joins whom's clan is pretty much a moot point. 

In the case of Yumiwa and Kuno, to use an example of actual marriage, it may be that things don't really change. The children would likely be considered Umbralines, and thus able to carry on the royal line, but Kuno wouldn't really be thought of as an Umbraline. Whether or not his clan name would change would be a matter of formality only.

For marriages between female Dasaka... Actually I'm not sure. I personally imagine that, given the relatively uncommon state of actual marriage, there isn't much of a solid tradition to go by. It could go either way.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well what he does with the Air launcher is simply channel his air powers through it. 

I know; I'm noting that solid air projectiles aren't really feasible, and a proper launcher is a little too advanced.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Is it just me, or is nothing Major happening in Onu-Wahi at the moment?

In Ta-Wahi, There's the staff quest (which is very delayed), Ga Wahi has the Dasaka Landing, Le-Wahi is under attack by a beetle swarm, Po-Wahi is housing a Rebellion (or so I've been told), and Ko-Wahi (Ko-Koro specifically) has been invaded by the Legacy and is now frozen in time.

There's as much activity in Onu-Wahi as there is in Kentoku. Must be another slow period...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Well, Onu-Wahi was going to an unfriendly visit from the Piraka, but the they randomly called it off and returned to the Vault.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Also, on the subject of Onu-Koro, I just read through some of the more recent posts, which seemed to discuss Ko-Koro's fall. If I recall correctly, no one knows that the city has fallen yet, just that it's been attacked. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that its fall wouldn't become common knowledge until after Ghosthand's timeskip. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Also, on the subject of Onu-Koro, I just read through some of the more recent posts, which seemed to discuss Ko-Koro's fall. If I recall correctly, no one knows that the city has fallen yet, just that it's been attacked. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that its fall wouldn't become common knowledge until after Ghosthand's timeskip. 

Well, Might as well Retcon that to say that Ko-Koro has been attacked brutally instead of taken over.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Wait, hold on, Grokk is dead now?  Huh.  Must have missed a post in Ta-Koro or something.

EDIT: Well, dang, looks like I did.  @_@

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Yup. A sad day for us all. 

Poor Grokk.

How we'll miss all of his hilarious shenanigans...

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

First character I ever interacted with, and now he's gone. Makes me feel empty inside. *sniffles* 

I know what you mean, Roman. The first character I technically interacted with was a Su-Matoran named Celsakh.

Now I'm trying to bury his stuff in Ta-Koro.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I haven't forgotten that; it's on our list of things to do while we're in Ta-Wahi. 

Isn't Celsahk's corpse still somewhere in the morgue beneath the Ko-Koro hospital? Speaking of which, what actually happened to the hospital? I think Kellin was setting charges to blow it up, but I don't recall there ever being an IC post saying whether it was actually destroyed or not. 

I haven't forgotten that; it's on our list of things to do while we're in Ta-Wahi. 

Isn't Celsahk's corpse still somewhere in the morgue beneath the Ko-Koro hospital? Speaking of which, what actually happened to the hospital? I think Kellin was setting charges to blow it up, but I don't recall there ever being an IC post saying whether it was actually destroyed or not. 

It uh... Kinda sorta got forgotten in the whole mish mash of the taking of the Koro.

So yeah.

Well, his body was cremated, but Dorian has some of his teeth. Those are pieces. 

Semantics.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: