BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Well, the older schematics ARE lasers.... but I digress.

So, I'm going to need a clarification on Parakuka powers. I was reading the wiki and profiles of Oreius, Toa Maru of Fire. Who has Inu. Is his thing a special case, where he only loses access to his elemental and kanohi abilities when activating the Parakuka?

The times, they are a-changing...

So, I'm going to need a clarification on Parakuka powers. I was reading the wiki and profiles of Oreius, Toa Maru of Fire. Who has Inu. Is his thing a special case, where he only loses access to his elemental and kanohi abilities when activating the Parakuka?

Yes, special case. Possibly because the two were bonded before Oreius' Toa transformation (which wasn't an ordinary transformation either).

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I had an idea for a custom race of non-elemental beings that, while immune to direct Light and Shadow, have no other influence on them. They're sorta like glass cannons, in which they can dish out a fair amount of damage, but have the unfortunate disadvantage of being cheap Chinese knockoff Bionicle instead of the usual good stuff, which means they suffer from Sudden Onset Existence Failure (SOEF,) a condition caused most often by taking damage that'd knock a Matoran to the ground but otherwise leave him intact.

Okay, maybe not that fragile, but still. Of course, their Light/Shadow immunity seems rather pointless... Perhaps I should limit it to whatever element their tribe is associated with.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

But without the 'cut through everything' bit?

They still burn through things. Not at the ludicrous rate of a lightsaber...

But the toy of Grokk's that was first subjected to them is exhibit A of how well they cut.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I still think an Av-something as an NPC should show up at some point, even if- no, especially if light and shadow are even more super special significant in the RP than G1 canon.  Mata Nui could use someone like that, what with canon heroes dying left and right and darkness-empowered evildoers crawling out of the woodwork everywhere.

(nuuuuuuu takua T_T)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

What part of "no" don't you guys seem to understand? :P  I think the staffies have made it pretty clear that it won't be happening. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

No? What is this "no" you speak of? Is it a type of Japanese soda?

EDIT: Actually, if I'm remembering right, "no" is a suffix used to state the plural of something in Japanese. Therefore, by saying no, you're really saying "more."

Mah. Ha. Ha.

Edited by IcarusBen
  • Upvote 2

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

They said that those two elements were never going to become playable groups, not that they would never have have important characters of those types.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

An important NPC may one day happen, but it isn't going to happen immediately. A Toa of Light, for example, has very specific connotations due to how it has previously been used in canon. 

But I think you might be missing some of the important aspects of this game; we don't have a catch all hero to save the day. The Maru are not perfect heroes, in fact some of them are fundamentally flawed individuals. Good doesn't always win, and it isn't an easy victory when they do. The BZPRPG verse isn't as light and fluffy as canon, even though canon wasn't always light and fluffy either.

We inhabit a universe where the Mata fell, and Toa is often an outdated title. A Toa can just as easily be a hero as a villain, and Matoran aren't villagers to be defended. If you trifle with them the peaceful villagers are just as likely to ruin your day as the Toa that are around. A Toa of Light, a prophesied hero to do away with all the evil, runs very counter to the themes and mechanics of the world that has been created.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

They said that those two elements were never going to become playable groups, not that they would never have have important characters of those types.

Yeah, that.  I fully agree that making Av-Matoran and Kra-Matoran and derivatives thereof playable should not happen, but is simply having them appear in some capacity unacceptable?  :|

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Yeah, that.  I fully agree that making Av-Matoran and Kra-Matoran and derivatives thereof playable should not happen, but is simply having them appear in some capacity unacceptable?  :|

Light and shadow are thematically very important in the BZPRPG universe. Matoran that are affiliated with those elements are, from both a story and themes standpoint, very easy to ruin the effect with. They don't fit easily, and we're not going to jam them in just to jam them in.

Dang Krayzikk, you're just a real ray of sunshine. :P

Just statin' the facts of the world. The BZPRPG is darker than the canon universe.

Though clearly you weren't around for the NBZP.

Try a world where Makuta outright won, and the island is ruled by his priests. People are meteor'd for attempting to attack the head worshipper, and those that stand against him are occasionally twisted into being his servants. There are no signs of any heroes, or intervention from Mata Nui. And it has been like this.

For decades.

Now you understand a small piece of the NBZP.

fK5oqYf.jpg

If we might have a 7th Toa at any point, why don't we subvert the whole Prophecies Are Always Right? Make the 7th Toa a real failure, a figurehead or downright evil.

Speaking of that last one... One sec...

"Hey, Echelon, wanna be the 7th To-"

*PUNCH*

"Forget I asked."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

*looks at discussion*

*quietly shuffles away dual element toa/dasaka idea (that was basically a cheap knockoff of 2008 Takanuva anyway)*

*is sad*

That aside, I've been wondering.

Would there be any method introduced in the future to facilitate a forceful shift in moral alignment (only forcefully IC; OOC it would have to be agreed on by all parties involved)? Like say, a modification to antidermis that disables the "dissolves good" part of it and instead forcibly corrupts any good that it touches? Or perhaps shadow leaches, but without the gaining shadow powers part? It could be yet another leg up for the "bad guys"; if all the good guys suddenly start going insane at the least or turning evil at the most, it could weaken the "good guys" considerably. Could also provide some interesting drama if the affected individuals are aware of what's happening to them.

Or perhaps instead of moral alignment, it could be a mutagen? Turning them into literal rather than metaphorical monsters?

Or maybe I've just been reading too much dark fantasy stories...

Why not just unleash a whole heap more Kraata or Parakuka to infect everyone?

Come to think of it... in canon, there was a cave in Po-Wahi where the Turaga had trapped all of the Kraata they could find, the ones who put the infected masks on all of the Rahi. Does that cave exist in the RPG? If so, what happened to it? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Keeper, what he's saying is that good guys get corrupt, not neutrals.

And Kray, once again, I must disagree.

(And how many times is that?)

A turn-good-into-evil doohicky sounds cool sounds 

EDIT: Can words I.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

As far as the staff are concerned, it does not currently exist.

EDIT:

It isn't about disagreement. I'm simply stating that there are no such plans at the present time.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

Running gags are usually funny. 

If a player wanted to run a plot around a device with that function by the staff, they're free to do so. Such a function is not likely to be introduced to the game at large in the foreseeable future.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Even then it would probably be a One-Hit-Wonder type of thing. You find some artifact somewhere that turns people evil and can only use it once before the entire thing blows up.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1