BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Even then it would probably be a One-Hit-Wonder type of thing. You find some artifact somewhere that turns people evil and can only use it once before the entire thing blows up.

SHH! Silvan, don't be saying things like that! You'll start giving the staff ideas!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I want them to have that idea. A machine like that is not something you want just wandering around the game and would leave massive plotholes if not quickly destroyed.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I don't sit at a desk. 

Do you like just float around then

It's this amazing wonder of technology called a laptop computer. It allows me to sit anywhere I want! :D

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay... you will be missed... until you are replaced. Then forgotten immediately! 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I want them to have that idea. A machine like that is not something you want just wandering around the game and would leave massive plotholes if not quickly destroyed.

If you don't want them to leave these things operable, then just have it so that they only work on a select few that get chosen the moment one touches the artifact. I.E. Jorik touches the artifact, it chooses any and all members of the Toa Voya, but Jorik can't use it on, say, Stannis.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Guys

If you look back at my proposal, I said whole the turning evil thing had to be approved by all parties involved

So you couldn't go around turning people evil willy nilly

Regardless, staff says it isn't a thing yet, so let's wait until it becomes a thing

If it ever does

Which is not very likely

No? What is this "no" you speak of? Is it a type of Japanese soda?

EDIT: Actually, if I'm remembering right, "no" is a suffix used to state the plural of something in Japanese. Therefore, by saying no, you're really saying "more."

Mah. Ha. Ha.

Actually no (ha).  の is actually a possessive particle which roughly translates to "of" in English.

Try again. 

Edited by Mel
  • Upvote 7

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

So, I'm going to need a clarification on Parakuka powers. I was reading the wiki and profiles of Oreius, Toa Maru of Fire. Who has Inu. Is his thing a special case, where he only loses access to his elemental and kanohi abilities when activating the Parakuka?

Ghost replied to this, but I figured I'd flesh it out a bit.

Normal beings, when bonded with a Parakuka, don't just straight up lose their powers. They lose the ability to access them, as they no longer have the willpower necessary (having two minds distracting each other will do that to you). Your typical being becomes more like a Hordika, who, as you may recall from canon, were also unable to use Kanohi powers, and had to train themselves to use their elemental powers in even the most basic and uncontrollable ways. Parakuka hosts, too, become more like Rahi: aggressive, mistrustful, and drawn to darkness, almost as if they're devolving, returning to their baser instincts.

Oreius and Inu aren't special because they carry Tahu's essence: they simply have a stronger connection. This is for a couple reasons. One, if you've read the wiki (or if you were around for last arc), you'll know that Inu was young when he bonded with Onewa, and the Turaga was able to influence him towards goodness and light instead of the other way around. This makes Inu more cooperative: though he's still aggressive by nature, it's easier for Oreius to work with him than with another Parakuka more steeped in evil.

The second and more important reason is simply because the two bonded before Oreius became a Toa. When he transformed, the power of the Essence Stone fused them together, forging a deeper and more powerful connection than known by any other Parakuka and host. Instead of two personalities inhabiting two separate minds, Oreius and Inu share one mind, and this allows Oreius the concentration necessary to wield his mask and elemental powers.

Of course, when Inu activates, Oreius loses access to those powers in exchange for heightened speed and strength. Activation essentially fuses their minds together completely, and the resulting entity doesn't possess the necessary willpower: they're ruled mostly by instinct rather than conscious thought.

tl;dr i accidentally the most op toa in the game

• Upvote 12

Thank you for the info! Inu's page on the wiki is a bit... scarce, so I wouldn't have been able to find out otherwise. Also has some nice pointers for playing Fyura. Who is now a vampire.

Yeah, I should probably get on that. I think there's one sentence each on Oreius' and Inu's pages...

Thanks for clearing that up.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, I know that it's been said that someone with a Mask of Healing couldn't graft a new arm onto a patient that had previously lost one due to the number of nerve endings that would need to be re-attached, but what if the missing body part was simpler, like an eye for example? Would that be able to be transplanted, provided that there was a donor part?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

How well does the Sana work on old injuries? A broken bone that healed badly, or an eye that was damaged years before, that sort of thing? 

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Twas was more out of curiosity than anything else. 

Okay. Just wondering.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

That's why Agrona scars the people she heals, because she knows they won't fix it with another Sana. Sooner or later, everybody gets marked :evilgrin:

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, Agrona has certainly experimented with her mask and her knowledge of the body continues to grow after years of dissections and continuing dissection. She can't quite put an arm back together, but she can do it wrong intentionally.

So long as she does it for a purpose anyways.

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

For sale:

1 loveable slightly insane Toa named Talu.

Backstory, Mask & name available for change

Everything else not open for change.

Contact details:

PM Alijar with what you will do with him and how you will change him. Best answers will be thrown into a fruit machine to pick winner.

Phonelines are now open!

Edited by Alijar

*glances at 2001, where the Mata literally assembled themselves from scratch*

:|

• Upvote 3

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Yeeeeeah that doesn't happen. Falls under the higher than canon organics presence.

On the topic of the Sana, I think it's important to note that it is only really drastically sped up healing. A Mask of Healing cannot heal something that the body couldn't do by itself simply due to the nature of how it works. If the body couldn't ever possibly recover, a healer isn't going to have any idea how to fix it either. Decapitation, loss of limb, these are all things that a Sana can't fix. The reason its recoveries are so drastic are because it accelerates the healing process to such a degree that if there were even a remote chance of survival from an injury a Sana user can make it a reality.

However, a Sana relies on skill too. As the likelihood of survival decreases, the greater the degree of skill a Sana user must have in order for that healing to be a success. In other words, there are injuries that it's really, really hard to heal and there are injuries which simply can't be healed.

And while it cannot heal things the body has already healed, it can heal new injuries. For example if a bone healed incorrectly and was re-broken at the same point a Sana user could heal it correctly. That only really extends to bones, though, because injuries inflicted upon other tissues are incredibly difficult to replicate in order to re-heal an incorrect healing.

Short statement; Sanas are not instant recovery devices. Not by a long shot.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hence why guard force medics like Murrae use scalpels, sutures, and other surgical tools alongside their Sanas. Scalpels allow for scar tissue to be removed, sutures allow a medic to stich something together the right way before healing it.

Neither of those extend to limbs though, because too much stuff has to be reconnected.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles